Start by marking “Della Says: OMG!” as Want to Read:
Della Says: OMG!

Della Says: OMG!

3.9  ·  Rating details ·  626 Ratings  ·  86 Reviews

Don't miss this fantastic debut novel - Keris Stainton is a fabulously contemporary, witty and fresh new voice who teen girls will adore.

Della's over the moon when she kisses her long-standing crush at a party - but then she discovers her diary has disappeared...

When scans of embarrassing pages are sent to her mobile and appear on Facebook, Della's distraught - how can s

Published (first published May 6th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Della Says, please sign up.
Miaisnotmay Goodreads is a site where you add and find the books that you want to read and the books that you've read. It is like your little library where you…moreGoodreads is a site where you add and find the books that you want to read and the books that you've read. It is like your little library where you can see ranges of books. But you cannot read on goodreads. It just stores book information and teh authors. Hope this helps!(less)

Steph Bowe
May 03, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Before I started reading Della Says: OMG! I had Expectations. And I capitalise Expectations because Expectations are a big part of my book reading experience. I see the cover, I read the blurb, I see the title, I read other reviews, maybe I know the author’s online presence – and from these things I start to expect things of the novel.

So first, quickly, my expectations: I was expecting a novel with a big focus on Facebook, texting and IM. I was expecting it to be written for a younger teenage au
Bethany
Apr 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved It! Read In 4 hours! A lot of readers will be able to relate to Della's situation. I liked the characters of Della & Dan and how although everything was going on, they didn't let it effect their relationship and were optimistic throughout the book, i think that's how everyone should act in situations like these. Read it! It will teach you a thing or two...
Raimy
Mar 13, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
With a mum who’s an ex-model and a big sister who is out-going, crazy and beautiful too it’s easy to feel below par. Della has been putting up with “omg is that your mum?!” for as long as she can remember and sometimes gets it about her sister too. So when her sister has a going-away party Della can’t believe that the cute boy she’s been crushing on since her first day of primary school not only flirts with her but ends up in her bedroom kissing her!

In a state of shock at the party’s events she
Iffath
Mar 07, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: uk-ya
Della has had a huge crush on Dan since they were both just four-years-old and he gave her a brand new box of crayons (awww!); so when at her sister's going-away party, he starts to show an interest and invites her out, Della is not completely sure what to do but assume that he's just having her on, but after some reassurance accepts his invitation. And then she kisses him. Dan Bailey. Della kisses Dan BAILEY. Everything after is just a blur. (by the way, I didn't mean it was a blur to ME, I mea ...more
Jesse Owen
Jun 11, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I’ve been dying to read Della since it was first published back in May, so much so that I finished it in record time (for me that is). And I have to start by saying: I. Loved. It. These are the first three words that spring to mind when I think of Della Says: OMG!

I loved the characters, especially Della’s ability to carry on – I only managed to keep a diary for a short amount of time (wasn’t very interesting – believe me). But I would hate to have anyone read it so for the things that Della was
Kirsty
I loved Della says OMG completely and devoured it in one sitting.

The thing for me that made this book so special was the way in which it portrayed Della and her friends. I loved how perfectly their teenage interactions were captured and how all those feelings of being a teen and going out there and finding that first love were so brilliantly shown.

Della is a brilliant character. She is has all those awkward teenage qualities of feeling like she doesn't fit in because of all those insecurities
Thamy
Aug 08, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I came across this book on amazon when I was looking for something fun to read, the reviews were great, the book title sounded fun enough and I thought, why not?

I had a great time reading Della says: OMG! Yes, I laughed out loud, the story concept is great, the characters are adorable and Keris has a way of story-telling in a simple way and yet quite special.

So, what's the story about? Della's sister Jamie is going away to California and their parents authorised them to have a party to celebrat
Claire
OMG is exactly the right title for this book because Oh My God! Why did I read it? I seem to have read a different book to everyone else. I don't like these people, the only exception is Della's parents - they are hilarious!

I couldn't picture Della - I didn't know how old she was and you don't find out to page 90! She's really immature for someone of 17 years, I thought she was about 14/15 based on her non-existent boobs we discovered on page 5. Her negativity really got on my nerves. This: peo
may
Aug 08, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'd heard a lot about this book from fellow bloggers but for some reason never got round to buying myself a copy. So when Keris kindly offered me a copy I was delighted. I also was not disappointed when I began reading it. I finished the whole thing in a matter of hours as I just couldn't put it down. Keris' characters are beautifully created.

I haven't read a book for a while that has had me turning the pages so quickly. Stainton's writing style really suits the way I read too as it isn't too se
Tamsyn Murray
Dec 05, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A thoroughly enjoyable story about everyone's worst nightmare - your innermost thoughts and dreams out there for the world to see. Della is a very likeable heroine and I felt for her as her diary was revealed piece by piece in the most excruciating way possible. Her relationship with Dan was sweetly portrayed and had me remembering my own first boyfriends. Keris Stainton doesn't shy away from the more intimate side of Della's blossoming feelings for Dan and I think this makes the book much stron ...more
Lyndsey O'Halloran
Jun 11, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya
17 year old Della has liked Dan Bailey since forever. At her sister's going away party, he finally takes some notice of her and asks her out. The morning after the best night of her life, Della realises that her diary has gone missing, ruining her good mood.

Whoever took her diary is using it against her, revealing some of her deepest secret thoughts on facebook and through notes. Dan was the only other one in her room that night but surely it can't be him can it? He seems genuine enough but wha
Caroline
Della Says: OMG! made me incredibly happy when I read it! I finished it a few months ago and went through it again to write the review and I found myself rereading it! Sweet, funny and witty, Della will definitely make your day and you will want her as your best friend!

Della is an average teenager living in the UK. She is in that No-Man's-Land between popular and complete loser but she's ok with it. Her sidekick best friend Maddy is made of awesome and she helps out Della with that sisyphean que
Dwayne
May 03, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Reviewed @ Girls Without a Bookshelf.

This novel is without doubt exemplary in terms of its depiction of teenage life. I vastly enjoyed Keris Stainton's accurately portrayed teens, especially the protagonist, Della. I found the train of Della's thoughts as realistic as it could possibly be, and personally, I thought at many points her thoughts and actions would reflect mine exactly, had I been put under the same spotlight. It was so easy to relate to Della's fears and insecurities, her naivety, a
Whatchyareading
There has been a lot of flap recently about how violent and dark YA novels are. While those books do exist and are wonderful—I read many of them, there are also plenty of authors writing stories with out a dystopia or post-apocalyptic setting in sight. Keris Stainton is one of them. Her debut novel, Della Says: OMG, is a delightful read for high-school aged and above YA readers and is centered around the very charming, very funny Della.

Her mom is a former model and everyone says her older sister
Joanne
Aug 22, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya-contemporary
Della’s over the moon when she kisses her long-standing crush at a party – but then she discovers her diary has disappeared...
When scans of embarrassing pages are sent to her mobile and appear on Facebook, Della’s distraught – how can she enjoy her first proper romance when someone, somewhere, knows all her deepest, darkest secrets?
From Amazon UK

I have had this book sitting on my TBR pile for such a long time, and I really regret not picking it up sooner. Della Says: OMG! Is such a sweet novel!
Jade Walker
Jul 17, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: rated-a
Original review at http://inkscratchers.blogspot.com

Della Says: OMG is probably the dictionary definition for a teen contemporary, with references to Facebook, IM and texting as well as dealing with those issues and fears that we all have as teenagers.

I had massively high expectations for Della, mainly because I read Jessie Hearts NYC a week or so ago and absolutely adored it, so when Della came in the post I was quite uncertain, I was so scared that it wouldn't be as good as Jessie, but my expe
Beth Kemp
Oct 06, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya-contemp
Hilarious and horrifying by turns, with one of the strongest teen voices I've read.

The premise, the title and the cover for this book promise a great fun read and it is certainly that, while at the same time exploring some crucial issues for teens about self-image and dealing with what others think of you. Della's diary pages had me cringing along with her (and pondering the cruelty of the sender - what a thing to do to someone!).

Della is a realistic teen heroine: her lack of confidence in her a
Emma
Oct 14, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle, own
This is the first book I have completely enjoyed for a very long time. Every page was a joy to read and I couldn’t really fault the book other than it was probably a bit young for me, but hey…I’m a female Peter Pan! I’m never growing up! In all seriousness though, this book was just what I needed to get out of my reading slump. Just a nice normal read with no paranormal beings falling in love with us humans.

Della is your normal sixteen-year-old girl with all those thoughts, worries and doubts
Carly
Jul 27, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
Oh Della, Della, Della. Within the first twenty pages of this novel I knew I was onto a winner. I’d heard such brilliant things about Della says: OMG! that I was pretty certain I’d enjoy the novel but I was also slightly nervous I’d be disappointed. Della’s infectious charm, wonderful voice and the hilarious cast of supporting characters make Della says: OMG! one of the best debut novels I’ve ever read.

I instantly felt as though Della and I had been friends forever and we were having a catch up
Jenny / Wondrous Reads
Della Says: OMG! is the debut novel from author Keris Stainton, and is a great addition to UK teen fiction. It focuses on Della, a likeable, realistic teenager whose personal diary is stolen from right under her nose. When excerpts from said diary start showing up on Facebook and other public places, she does what everyone in that situation would do: panics.

I enjoyed Della Says: OMG!, and I particularly liked the budding romance between Della and Dan. First relationships can be a scary thing, wi
Sammee (I Want to Read That)
4.5 Stars

I have been looking forward to reading this book for ages. I loved the idea behind the book – it had me completely intrigued – and I’m pleased to say I really loved it. It was different than I expected it to be but in a really good way – I loved the whole missing diary aspect that we are told about in the synopsis but the book is so much more than that.

The writing is brilliant – very witty and a pleasure to read. All the characters are really well crafted and come across as completely b
Sophie
Dec 11, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Della Says: OMG! is the incredibly cute and sparklingly funny debut from Keris Stainton.

I really loved Della. She’s such a realistic character who responds to things pretty similarly to the way I do. Wear a dress. Do I have to? Boy of your dreams asks you out. Why? Will he try to humiliate me? Your diary goes missing. Completely freak out. And the bits that were taken from Della’s diary were pretty mortifying. Some of them are the types of things that you’re reluctant to even admit thinking abou
Luna
Jan 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I wanted to like Della Says: OMG! BUT I ended up loving it. Most of that is due to Della who starts of so unsure of herself but grows up a lot. I really felt for her, she doesn’t know her place with her family and if Dan’s advances are genuine without coming being full of self-pity.

Della’s relationship with her sister was something I had great empathy with. There is a close line between love and hate but in Della’s case it was just a giant gap. I agree with Maddy, Della’s parents are great. I ac
Jul 14, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporary, romance, ya
I thought this was a really sweet book and I enjoyed reading it.

I liked the character Della. She was naaive, sweet, shy and just normal (which made me like her all the more. I also enjoyed that the book was set in Lancashire as I was brought up there, plus I'd been to Lytham St Annes on holiday so I could really imagine the characters there.

I can't imagine what my 17 year old self would have done if someone had stolen my diary and started spreading the contents around. I think I would have been
Kathryn
Aug 24, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read Della Says: OMG! in one sitting. I very quickly warmed to Della, the central character, and identified with her preoccupations. You see, it may be *cough* years since I was a teenager but I've been there and I remember what it was like and how important some things seemed back then.

I also remember how closely I guarded the fact that I even kept a diary, let alone the extreme lengths I went to in order to safeguard it from prying eyes. All of which meant that, when Della's diary disappear
Joy (Cheery♡Reads)
Dec 14, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: i-own
Shauna
Aug 20, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've not read a YA book since... well, since I was a YA! I just plain adored this book. From the first page I felt like 16 years had been swept away and I was a teenager again, relating to Della's life and thoughts. That heart-stopping moment when she finds out her diary's been stolen? I almost shriveled up and died on her behalf. Della is a fantastic character too... her blend of ballsiness and vulnerability was utterly convincing. Must admit though I was rather jealous of her romance with Dan. ...more
Talli Roland
May 30, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a great concept! Can you imagine your diary disappearing, only to appear on Facebook?

But for me the real strength of this book is Della. She's a smart, forthright teenager I couldn't help but connect with -- and giggle along with some of her discoveries (like when she finds out men have nipples, too!). She deals with all the ups and downs of adolescence, but not in the whingy way that has turned me off some YA protagonists. I loved seeing her relationship with Dan develop and grow despite t
Keren David
May 09, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Touching and authentic. Della's shame and horror when she realises that her diary has gone missing is so well described that it made me feel slightly sick on her behalf. And there's a sweet and honest tale of first love as well. The focus is more on Della's journey to accept that her secret thoughts need not be so shameful after all, than the actual mystery of who is playing evil tricks on her but overall it's a funny, wise and very sweet read.
Tiana
May 18, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great mysterious read, trying to figure out the source of Della's problem. An interesting book that will captivate you, making you want to read and find out who the culprit is, along with her social life. An interesting plot with an unpredictable end.

Della says omg is a recommendation because of her bouncy personality and quest to find a convict. A recent and newly produced book, the time language is perfect for young teens.
Amazing! 1 3 Jan 28, 2013 11:53AM
  • Split by a Kiss
  • Nobody's Girl
  • My So-Called Afterlife (Afterlife, #1)
  • When I Was Joe (When I Was Joe, #1)
  • Pretty Bad Things
  • One Seriously Messed-Up Week in the Otherwise Mundane and Uneventful Life of Jack Samsonite (Jack Samsonite, #1)
  • Wasted
  • Drawing with Light
  • Rich and Mad
  • Being Billy
  • Blue (Blue, #1)
  • The Truth about Celia Frost
  • Have a Little Faith (Faith, #1)
  • Othergirl
  • Close Encounters of the Girl Kind (Geekhood, #1)
  • Beads, Boys and Bangles (Threads, #2)
Also writes as Esme Taylor

My mum always claimed that when she lived in America for a year, my dad wrote to her every day and, in one of his letters, proposed. My dad denied this. But when she got home they got married anyway. In 1966 they emigrated to Canada. They'd wanted to go to New Zealand, but it was full.

I was born in Winnipeg, Manitoba, which, by all accounts, is very cold. And also hot. B
More about Keris Stainton

Young Adult Deals

• Bright Smoke, Cold Fire (Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, #1)
  • The Gold-Son
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
  • The Lost Girls of Camp Forevermore
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Scat
  • Chomp
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Nyxia (The Nyxia Triad, #1)
  • I See London, I See France
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Fifth of March: A Story of the Boston Massacre (Great Episodes)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Starfish
  • Olive's Ocean
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Rebel Wing (Rebel Wing #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1)
  • Little Monsters
  • The Thickety: A Path Begins
    $6.24 $1.99
  • Lost Voices
    $5.99 $2.99
  • This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Isle of Blood and Stone
  • Train I Ride
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Haven (War of the Princes, #1)
  • The Mysterious Benedict Society
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Immortal Circus (Cirque des Immortels, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Howl's Moving Castle (Howl's Moving Castle, #1)
  • Greyhound
  • Annie on My Mind
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Secret of the Sirens (The Companions Quartet, #1)
  • The Siren
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Dorothy Must Die (Dorothy Must Die #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga #2)
  • Into the Dim
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Dumplin' (Dumplin', #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Curse (Blur Trilogy #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fury (Blur Trilogy #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • Blur  (Blur Trilogy #1)
  • Taken (Taken, #1)
  • Ungifted
  • Julie of the Wolves
  • Storm (Elemental, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Imitation (Clone Chronicles #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Space Between Heartbeats (Betwixt #1)
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
  • Genesis
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Old Yeller
    $6.99 $1.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Ticker
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Concealed (Lakewood, #1)