Start by marking “She Wolf (True Mates, #1)” as Want to Read:
She Wolf (True Mates, #1)

She Wolf (True Mates #1)

3.58  ·  Rating details ·  506 Ratings  ·  53 Reviews
A small town veterinarian has a big time problem. She's not human.

Plagued as a child with an extra-sensitive sense of smell, strength, and eyesight, Anna Callaway always thought she was special. But she didn't understand how special until she met Kieran Hunter.

He insists they are True Mates, but he's not human either. He's wolven.

Kieran is a protector of his race. No longe
Published December 18th 2007 by Freya's Bower (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about She Wolf, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about She Wolf

CaliGirlRae
I started SheWolf about a day or so ago and I probably would have finished it yesterday if I wasn't up working late. It's one of those books you start and you know you should be in bed but you can't stop reading no matter how many times you promise yourself "I'll stop at the end of this chapter".

Right from the start the story engages you with complex characters who live and breathe right off the page. I wanted to keep following Anna and Kieran around and loved being entrenched in their world. An
Literary Ames {Against GR Censorship}
A tale of two halves. First 50%, 1 star. The second, 4 stars.

Five years ago, when this was first published, the language used, in the first half in particular, wouldn't have seemed so cliched. The pace was slow and I didn't feel anything for the characters. But when Annabelle meets the pack things start to change. And then something devastating happens and Anna's emotions reached out and grabbed my throat, squeezing until my eyes watered. The only thing I didn't like about that part: when Kieran
Teresa
Mar 10, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sharing
2nd place finisher in the 2008 PRISM Best First book category1

Lola
May 14, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was so much better than expected. I got this book for free because of a promotion action on a romance e-books site. The blurb sounded like it was an erotic/romance book and it was about werewolves. So I decided to give it a try. I didn't expect any depth, just a nice and simple romance story. And I was really surprised when I did not only found a great romance story, but also a great story and some depth.

When I started this book I was imediately intrigued. Anna is a vet, but always has
SheLove2Read
Apr 15, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to SheLove2Read by: Darla
Shelves: 2012
I borrowed this from a friend who knows I enjoy shifter stories. It started out right into the action, which I loved. (Nothing worse for me that waiting 5 or 6 chapters for the story to go somewhere.) But....I didn't love it. I never warmed up to the heroine, who seemed not exactly closed minded, but almost too sure of herself and her knowledge, to be likeable. I also had an issue with her turnaround: she morphs from "these people are all insane" to "I am so glad I'm one of them" literally in se ...more
Bitten_by_Books
Jun 18, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: rachel
In SheWolf, Anna portrays a veterinarian, but she’s not just any vet. She’s got special abilities that have made her stand apart her whole life. In one evening, everything changes and things become very clear when Kieran Hunter, a wolven, jumps into her life...

For the entire review please go to the Best Paranormal Review site on the web, Bitten By Books for the review of She Wolf in it's entirety. You won't be sorry.
Tammy  Rigney
Nov 14, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I bought this after seeing this #1 on an ebook list on goodreads. This must be one of the best shifter stories I have read in a while. I love the characters and the world she is creating and can only beg for more!
Kristen Koster
This was an awesome read and I can't wait until the sequel's out.
CaliGirlRae
WANT!

Gotta buy this for my keeper shelf. Certified CDH Book (Cold Dead Hands...as in, you'll never pry it from mine). :-D
Julia
Oct 30, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: shapeshifters
good book
Jen
Apr 21, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: x-read-in-2012, pnr
This was a fun book - I love a good PNR - those Alpha males are just so ... hot :)

Anna is a veterinary, she loves her job, and her friends. so when one of her assistants just turned 21, and wanted to go to a bar to watch the male show, she had to go..
Growing up Anna had always had a sharp sense of smell. She could distinguish different smells everywhere. And in a closed up bar with all that smoke and sweaty people. ugh! She had to get out of there.

She finally made it outside. gulping in air,
Sophia
Apr 18, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pnr-uf
This story jumped right into the action when Anna couldn't stand the assault on her sensitive senses that the bar offered and went outside for some fresh air. She is almost immediately assaulted by two men claiming to be werewolves and they want her for breeding purposes. Before she can process this fantastic information, a third man shows up. Everything about this Kieran is breathtaking and attractive to her. James the captor who seems to be in charge fights Kieran. From within the partially ch ...more
Jen (That's What I'm Talking About)
From the moment that Anna steps out of the nightclub and into the arms of two werewolves (wolven) in the opening scene, I was hooked on She Wolf. In fact the first chapter was one of the best opening sequences to a book I’ve read. It had the right mix of action, interest and emotion. The author perfectly details the scene by allowing the reader to experience the situation using Anna’s better-than-normal sense of smell and inner voice.

Anna is accosted by two rough males - she can sense that they
Jeanie
Apr 29, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book more than I thought I would. It pulled me in with the first chapter and kept my interest throughout, though it did have its moments of lagging in the middle. It wasn't the best book I've ever read, but it was good. I felt connected to the characters and even got a little teary eyed when Anna went to see her mother. I won't say more because I don't like having spoilers in my reviews.

At times I felt like choking Kieran for letting himself get so distracted he would convenientl
Tracie Runge
Jun 16, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Wolven and His She Wolf

Anna Calloway it the Veterinarian in her small town. She has always had a heightened sense of smell and the ability to absorb pain but Anna has never known just how special she is or why she has these gifts.

Kieran Hunter is the Protector of his wolven race. His job is to watch and hunt down those of his kind that could bring danger to his pack or would expose his race to the humans.

While patrolling Kieran finds two wolven about to kidnap a woman and he immediately goes
Taria Reed
I've been in a paranormal rut lately, and in need of a really good and sexy story when this was recommended to me. I enjoyed Anna and Kieran's characters. Kieran is a tortured ex pack alpha who has found his true mate. Anna is a lonely veterinarian. I liked the chemistry between the two and I liked that Kieran had his "Mine" moment. I liked being a fly on the wall as their love story unfolded.

There were some things that made me yell, like (view spoiler)
A.R. Von
May 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Such a great, romantic, exciting, action packed paranormal read!

Anna is out celebrating her veterinary assistants 21st birthday. She decides to step out for some fresh air because it's too stuffy inside the club. Once outside two big males attempt to kidnap her. They claim they will mate with her, they are wolf shifters and she will bare children for them. Anna tries and says everything and anything she can think of to get them to let her go. But nothing is working. Out of the shadows another ma
Katie Michaels
Feb 24, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Anna has never had any reason to believe werewolves existed, until she got up close and personal with three of them in a dark alley. Two were planning to rape her, but the third stepped in and rescued her. Her savior's name is Kieran, and while his intentions were only to protect Anna at first, he quickly realizes that she is his True Mate.

Despite an intense physical attraction to Kieran, Anna has some trouble accepting the idea of mating. But in time, she can no longer deny what her body is tel
Margaret

A small town veterinarian has a big time problem. She's not human.

He insists they are True Mates, but he's not human either. He's wolven.

Kieran is a protector of his race. No longer the Alpha of his pack, he spends his time searching out and punishing any who may reveal their race to humans. While pat

Suzan
Sep 18, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Paranormal Romance fans
I enjoyed this book. I really liked Kieran and Anna. The characters were well written and likeable. I felt bad for Kieran hearing his history and why he gave up being alpha. I also felt bad for Matthew and was glad when Anna's parents got a happy ending as well as her and Kieran though their story was very much in the background and only brief. I'm curious as to who Ryland smelled at the end and what it could mean if his true mate is a wolven from Kieran's pack? Could it be grounds for a possibl ...more
Jenny Delandro
May 08, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, e-books
This was a slick story.

Meaning that you just have to go along with the major jumps in the story line because otherwise you might not make it....

She is a vet and dogs respond well to her... she meets someone who makes her feel sexy
is this too transparent for you...

there are some twists which can catch you unaware...

some characters are introduced more fully than others - leading to a series... hopefully.

by the end of the story I wanted to know what will happen to these people...
she finds her fathe
Mara
Apr 16, 2012 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: shifters fans
Shelves: pnr, novella, freebies
A nice, if predictable, novella on a couple of alpha (of course) shifters.
Kudos to the author: even with the usual mate stuff, she gives some time and space to the heroine. I'm only sorry for the use of (view spoiler) as a deus ex machina. Too difficult a subject to treat it so quickly.

Character coherence went to hell with a minor one: Rynard. You don't move from would-be rapist to "nice" guy.

A few hints given go nowhere (like the stolen silver scalpel).

Rhonda
Jan 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A whole new wolven world. I love when an author creates a new world for their book. Teresa D'Amario definitely did here. I hope there is more to come from this world. I would love to read more about Sean, Ryland, Nora and follow up on Anna and Kieran.

This was a very moving read. I love when the hero has to work for the heroine. And that was definitely the case here. Anna had to work to believe all that Kieran told her. She had no idea she was half wolven or that they even existed until him.
L Bongiorno
My copy had a lot of errors that made it hard to read... It wasn't even 100 pages, not really long enough to get too involved and the ending didn't fill finished - Kieran is just back being the alpha, the other alpha's mate just left, Mom and dad are just back together just like that, scapel still missing, takeover still not figured out?? There is another book to this series, maybe it will clear these things up??
Isabel
Je sais que je n'aime pas les shapeshifters mais c'est souvent tellement lol que je craque. Oui, sauf que non, en fait. sincèrement, je pense que j'aurais pu tenir plus longtemps si il arrêtait de l'appeler Darine, après lui avoir expliqué que ça signifie «the fertile one». Désolé, c'est un dealbreaker.
Anino
I liked Ms. D'Amario's take on the Werewolf, and I especially loved the characters of Anna & Kieren. Although it wasn't pitch perfect (a little slow in a few areas, and not to mention bordering on corniness), this was a decent read with an unexpected twist at the end. Well worth the moola spent & the time needed to read it..

I'm giving it a rating of 3 stars.
Adriana
Shewolf by Teresa D’Amario

I just found myself another series to start reading…yah! A well written book and it was a full length one at that with 18 chapters to entertain me. I got this one back in April at All Romance when it was free, not so now when I checked. I will be continuing the series to find out what happens with some of the other characters mentioned in this book.
Ashley Kannenberg
Jul 09, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed, own-ebook
poor anna i feel like this book was not resolved i know it ended on a happy note but i still would like to see anna end up with everything she wants she is such a sweet person maybe the next book will resolve it for her
Tina Andersen
i liked this book, i liked to charators, i liked the story....

really there wasnt much of a storty but i was hook anyway...

not going to say to much but i reconmend the book a any look for a romanic drama with a werewolf twist...
Sassy
Apr 19, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Had this entered as currently reading instead of to be read. Started reading it two days ago (June 1st) and finished today (June 3rd)

Enjoyed this book very much and look forward to the next one in this series. It was very detailed and had a very good story.
Teresa D'Amario Has New Release With Freya's Bower 1 3 Sep 28, 2011 09:40AM
  • Identity Crisis
  • White Wedding (The Guardian Agency #1)
  • The Perfect Score
  • The Centurion and the Queen
  • The Virgin Proxy
  • The Crystal Warrior (Crystal Warriors, #1)
  • Working Out (The Works, #2)
  • Zakia and the Cowboy (Thunder Creek Ranch #1)
  • Racing the Moon (Road Trip, #1)
  • Escaped (Running In Fear, #1)
  • The Battle Lord's Lady (Battle Lord Saga, #1)
  • Declan and Tori (The Hunters, #1)
  • The Holding (Medieval Knights, #1)
  • Restless Spirit
  • Just One Bite: Volume Four (Just One Bite, #4)
  • To Trust a Wolf (Whispering Springs Werewolves, #1)
  • Catch Me If You Can
  • Dark Star (Rockers of Storm Crow #3)
2nd place winner of the Best First Book Prism Award - 2008! Currently live near Fayetteville, NC
More about Teresa D'Amario...

True Mates (3 books)
  • Dark Succession (True Mates, #2)
  • Blood Moon Betrayed (True Mates, #3)
“I haven't done anything to make you scream. Yet.” 2 likes