Start by marking “Carinian's Seeker” as Want to Read:
Carinian's Seeker

Carinian's Seeker (Vampire Council of Ethics #1)

3.57  ·  Rating details ·  339 Ratings  ·  27 Reviews
She's his target.and his mate. Aw, hell! Book One in the Vampire Council of Ethics series. Beautiful genius, Carinian Derrickson, wants to live long enough to date a man from the future generations of spacemen, complete with ray guns and starships. She's not crazy, she's just afraid of dying young of some dreaded disease, like all the rest of her family. Her research into ...more
Kindle Edition
Published February 20th 2007 by Samhain Publishing, Ltd.

To ask other readers questions about Carinian's Seeker, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Carinian's Seeker

Amanda
Nov 10, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I have the same complaint with almost all 'erotica' books; the language. I'm not talking about explicit language, I'm talking about the words used in the sex scenes. You would think that the authors who write these type of books could write better sex scenes. I get tired of 'painfully erect,' 'creaming slit,' 'purple, pulsing head,' 'big hot rod.' Big, hot rod? Really? Are we talking about a car here or a penis? (I don't like the word penis either, by the way, or dick, my preferred term is cock, ...more
Lisa Benedict
Nov 08, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I just finished reading Carinian's Seeker and I loved every minute of it. Carin is a smart, funny type of woman who knows what and who she wants. Bix is a a handsome, strong man who wants to claim her. Their meeting and mating is nothing short of molten lava. The story is fast paced and has plenty of action and of course lots of spice and heat. I am eager to learn more about the Vampire clans that Michaels has introduced in the story.
wanda flanagan
Feb 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Couldnt put it down this book was fantastic .I loved it
Cherie
This book was just ok with more draw backs than positives.

The positives? The story was alright. Then men were the hunks you come to expect in a vampire book. It was interesting enough to keep me reading. I liked that the couple was interracial, which is the reason I picked up the book in the first place.

The draw backs... well now that I think about it they were rather major draw backs for me. For one Carin, the main character was a doctor, who we're supposed to believe is top of her field. It
Annie Slasher (Booked & Loaded)
This review is from an original post at www.bookedandloaded.com

Carinian’s Seeker took me for a wild ride and was one hell of a sexy book! The chemistry between Bix and Carin was smokin’ hot and they are such a wonderful match. Carin was strong, intelligent, and beautiful. Bix was fierce, brave, and loyal. It was a such a breath of fresh air to have Bix love her for her strong characteristics and believe in her thoroughly. Sometimes I feel that strong characters come off as too cold and (at times
Michaela
Jun 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Yes! I enjoyed this book, with all the funny and intense moments. The relationship between Bix and Carin was very push and pull at first and every bit entertaining. Carin is a scientist at the top of her field, as she is developing a new method of a cure for cancer. Of course she's doing a bit more experimentation on the side, in the hopes of finding a solution to lengthening the human lifespan. And this is where Bix comes in, as she is made his target as an in to finding a rouge vampire who hap ...more
Elle Chardou
Mar 13, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a very enjoyable paranormal story though I must stress it is strictly for the adult crowd thanks to frequent and steamy lovemaking sessions featured throughout the book.

I must admit I was pleasantly surprised as I didn't know what I was getting into when I began this book but between the stunning chemistry between the two main characters (Bix and Carin), great supporting characters and the perfect villian (Sidheon), I couldn't wait to crack this one open to see what happened next.

The on
J
Jul 12, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Andrea Jackson
It was okay. I didn't feel really close to either the hero or heroine. But the pacing was good and the premise was good. So I'm not really complaining. And the author has created an interesting 'world'.
Mona
Jan 12, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was fun and fun to read. Very sexy and a good read. Plus I can never turn down a free book and there are many times like this one when the payout is great.
Liz (Quirky Cat)
I'm sorry to say that while this book had an interesting idea, the author just wasn't able to pull it off. They kept getting distracted by subplots. Too bad really.
Tracey
This is my review and how I see it. This is my first book by this author, and I am looking forward to reading more of her work. Loved Jon Bixler...he did not know that his target was his mate at first, but he did know that he was attracted to her. Carinian's is by no means a pushover.

In my opinion, this is a well-written book with fully developed characters. The author develops the relationship at a natural level that a book can develop a relationship. Definitely will get five stars from me.

This
Danny L Walling
Jul 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pretty good story

This book had a really good story line that kept you guessing until the end. The main characters are something, in a good way. Only drawback is too much sex.
Willow
Jul 18, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was ok, dragged on a bit. Didn't like the way Carin spoke - didn't match her intelligence. Would've been good to find out more about the vampires.
Brian Davis
Not bad but

A pretty good story as a short story/novella, filled out to novel length by the addition of lots of explicit sex. Not bad but could have been better.
Crystal Moody
Sep 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good Read

It is hard to find a great paranormal read and when you do, you can't help but enjoy it. I loved this. It was very entertaining and fun.
Drmgrl99
Mar 15, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love vampires and it's hard to find a sexy, paranormal romance with a kickass heroine. So if you’re like me and are a vamp lover that wants to see some serious action—both outta bed and in bed—this is a great choice!

Ms. T.J. Michaels has created a fabulously interesting world that is appealing, action-packed, and arousing. Very strong characters, great plot, and it leaves you wanting more.

Jon Bixler or Bix is a VCO Seeker, and has been assigned to infiltrate a lab to find out what a rogue vamp
Micquleta
Apr 13, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ah yes! This was a story that treads on a romance that very few can pull off. I was intrigued with the relationship dynamic between Bix and Carin. The chemistry was explosive almost from the beginning. Who would not want all of that Prime male hotness going alpha on them.

The plot was original but not as memorable as the love scenes and the banter between the couple. This novel read really well and there was never a dull moment. There were other Seekers in the story that were as lovable as the m
Mara
Nov 02, 2011 rated it did not like it
Shelves: pnr, trash-bin, freebies
The interracial couple had me dreaming for a while :D. Honestly, tough, I did not "notice" Carinian's ethnic group (outside skin color). We are talking of a minority woman who never is "tagged" as such, nor she "suffers" for it. It seems to me that this is the real paranormal in the story, not the vamp!

The language was forced, again I'm no expert but I doubt a very educated woman talks that way. But then again I found all the book weirdly written and the characters difficult to believe. (An anti
Melissa Santiago
Dec 11, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It took me a while to get started and in to this series but once I got rolling I loved it! Nothing like a strong female lead and and equally strong male counter-part. This series is shaping up to be both sexy and mysterious while also being action packed start to finish. Great twists and turns with a great ending...can't wait to start the next one.
Wishing4myedward
Jan 07, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked the book. However, I felt it was a little disjointed at times, especially towards the end. I also felt like it wrapped up to quickly. I did like the relationship between Carin and Bix. It was cool having a AA female lead who was strong, smart and sexy. I was able to connect to this character.
Deva
May 23, 2011 rated it it was ok
2.5 stars ... Too much sex and not enough action for me. But still it was decent.
Full review at http://urbanparanormal.blogspot.com
The Charmer: Lets Talk About Books
This book was alright, but Iowno, it was just alright I guess. I am interested in the next book, though.
Mitzi
Free Kindle book 11/1/11
Maya
Feb 26, 2015 added it
Enjoyable

If you enjoy the interracial paranormal romance genre, this book won't disappoint. Will check out the other titles in the series as well as other reads from TJ.
Erica
Mar 07, 2015
Tara Stannard
Jan 06, 2012
Cheri D Mendenhall
Jan 01, 2017
Calli
rated it did not like it
Jan 20, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • The Alpha Promise
  • Under a Crescent Moon
  • Eris (Eternal Truths Series, Book 1)
  • Wild, Wild Mess:Atlanta
  • Again
  • Beastly Desires (The Verochka Pride #1)
  • Better Late Than Never (The Smith Sister's Trilogy #1)
  • Dark Thirst (The Brethren, #1)
  • Carnal Moves
  • The Fire of His Claim (Claimed, #2)
  • Connelly's Flame (The Megalodon Team, #3)
  • Alien Captive (Captured By Aliens, #1)
  • A Kiss of Ashen Twilight (Ashen Twilight #1)
  • Scar (Pack Rulez, #1)
  • The Wanting (D'Shar Men, #1)
  • The Politics of Love
  • Coyote Inn
  • BirthControl (LaPatron, #2)
TJ is a USA Today and NY Times bestseller, as well as a award-winning author of several romance genres, including paranormal, fantasy, sci-fi and urban fantasy romance.

No matter the genre TJ is penning, her favorite thing to do is build worlds. To take you somewhere extraordinary. To transport you to a place where you can close your eyes and slip into your fantasy...
More about T.J. Michaels

Vampire Council of Ethics (4 books)
  • Serati's Flame (Vampire Council of Ethics, #2)
  • Hatsept Heat (Vampire Council of Ethics, #3)
  • Seeker's Solace (Vampire Council of Ethics, #4)

Romance Deals

• Hidden Secrets
  • Breath of Malice
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Kian (Undercover Billionaire, #1)
  • Greensleeves
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Everything We Keep (Everything #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • From Thin Air (A Black Swan Historical Romance, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Caroline (Lowcountry Romance #1)
  • All the Breaking Waves
    $4.99 $1.99
  • To Hope (The Broken Roads #5)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Royally Bad (Bad Boy Royals #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Royally Ruined (Bad Boy Royals #2)
  • The Finishing Touches
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Roses
    $11.99 $3.99
  • Accidentally in Love with...a God? (Accidentally Yours, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Splinter (Reliquary, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Claimed (Servants of Fate, #2)
  • Keeping You a Secret
  • The PMS Club
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gypsy (The Promised Land, #3)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Bodyguard (Hollywood A-List, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Willow (The Promised Land #1)
  • Mosaic (Reliquary #3)
  • The Lullaby Sky
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Secretly Hers (Sterling Canyon, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tycoon Takedown (Lone Star Burn, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Come High Water (A Black Swan Historical Romance, #3)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Before I Knew (The Cabots, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Paradise of Glass (The Glassblower Trilogy #3)
  • Trusting You & Other Lies
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Once Haunted, Twice Shy (Peyton Clark, #2)
  • The Story of Beautiful Girl
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Lullaby Girl (Angie Pallorino, #2)
  • Say Goodbye for Now
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bridged (Callahan & McLane, #2)
  • Love Is
  • The Unimaginable
  • The Hating Game
    $11.24 $1.99
  • Unbeautifully (Undeniable, #2)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • His Darling Bride (Echoes of the Heart #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Traitor's Kiss (The Traitor's Circle, #1)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Augusta (The Promised Land, #5)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Twisted Truth (Rogue Justice #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Morning Glory (Drifters & Dreamers, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Worth the Wait (St. James, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Best Friend's Ex (Binghamton #2)
  • A Totally Awkward Love Story
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Charmingly Yours (Morning Glory, #1)
  • Sit! Stay! Speak!
  • In the Barren Ground
  • About the Night
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Violet's Wish (Oklahoma Land Rush, #2)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Exploited (Zero Day, #1)
  • About That Fling
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Promises to Keep (Love in Provence Book 2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Taken Home (Lone Star Burn, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hard to Handle (Caine Cousins, #2)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Austen Escape
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Garnet (The Promised Land, #4)
  • The Strawberry Hearts Diner
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Truth Be Told (Rogue Justice #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Born of Shadows (The League, #4)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • A Merciful Death (Mercy Kilpatrick #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • From Wine to Water (Angels & Outlaws, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Worth the Risk (St. James #3)
  • The Dove
  • The Ladies' Room
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Too Hot to Handle (Romancing the Clarksons, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Accidentally Hers (Sterling Canyon, #1)
  • Kissing Max Holden
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Known (Bone Secrets, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Omega (Penton Legacy, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Taking Charge (Lone Star Burn, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Vanished (Callahan & McLane #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All the Lies We Tell (Quarry Road, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hidden (Bone Secrets, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seven Nights in a Rogue's Bed (Sons of Sin, #1)
  • The Ivy Tree
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Evening Star (The Drifters & Dreamers #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures of the First Daughter (Misadventures, #3)
  • Daisies in the Canyon
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Felicity (Ace Security, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All the Beautiful Brides (Graveyard Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barefoot in the Rain (Barefoot Bay, #2; Barefoot Bay Universe, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Don't Say A Word
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only You (Sweet Torment, #2)
    $4.49 $0.99
  • A Merciful Truth (Mercy Kilpatrick, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Alexis (Ace Security, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Unlucky in Love (Lucky, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Merciful Secret (Mercy Kilpatrick, #3)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Difference Between Us (Opposites Attract #2)
  • Bullets & Bonfires
  • White Lace and Promises
    $3.99 $0.99
  • To Commit (The Broken Roads #2)