Start by marking “One Hundred Percent Lunar Boy” as Want to Read:
One Hundred Percent Lunar Boy

One Hundred Percent Lunar Boy

3.56  ·  Rating details ·  235 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews
After breaking the most serious law on the books, Hieronymus Rexaphin embarks on a tremendous misadventure to protect his friends and save his family, and to escape exile and imprisonment on the far side of the moon. In One Hundred Percent Lunar Boy, Stephen Tunney has created one of the most vivid and exciting of literary worlds, with shades of the best of Ray Bradbury, S ...more
Published December 1st 2010 by MacAdam/Cage Publishing (first published August 19th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about One Hundred Percent Lunar Boy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Hundred Percent Lunar Boy

Anna
Jul 10, 2011 rated it it was ok
one of the most promising worlds i've read in a while -- so beautifully crafted, such rich images. the first half had me up at night, trying to finish -- the second half completely lost all semblance of plot. turned into a predictable dull love story. i wish i loved this book.
Ken
Jan 03, 2011 rated it did not like it
I only wish I could give it fewer stars
G. M. Knock
Oct 30, 2018 rated it liked it
So close, yet so far away. This book was so promising and just deflated like a balloon. The ending, especially, was bad and did not fit with the rest of the book. No foreshadowing. This book could be truly great if there was a second edition and an editor helped fix it properly.
Dono
Jun 23, 2012 rated it liked it
Michelle Nogales
Feb 26, 2016 rated it did not like it
Awful. I hoped that by listening to the audiobook version I could ignore all the grammatical errors everyone keeps talking about, but the main one is the author has no idea of how to sort out his past tenses to a degree that makes me wonder if English can possibly be his first language. On top of that, his language is generally dumbed down well beyond what you'd expect in even an extremely low-brow YA novel.

I gritted my teeth and tried to endure all of this because the premise seemed fascinating
Marina
Jul 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
В самом начале меня охватило такое приятное предчувствие - за янг-эдалтом прячется хорошая жанровая книга! Новая тема (дети землян с особенностями зрения), приличный перевод (никаких особо ярких перлов не было замечено), куча мелких, но интересных деталей - все в книге хорошо! Жизнь людей на Луне описывается не мазками, а вполне так полно и доступно, так что пейзажи городов и образы героев проступают очень ярко. Сюжет так же мчит на всех парах, развиваясь молниеносно за, кажется, 2 сюжетных дня ...more
Adrienne
May 10, 2011 rated it liked it
Interesting. It's a futuristic book, which ordinarily is exciting, but the things that are different about living on the moon two thousand years from now seem really illogical, and tons of stuff that should have changed are the same. The themes of difference and power can be echoed quite well though in our society and indeed every society, as they relate to races and handicaps and the like. Adventurous but at times also downright silly, in a way that makes you also feel required to disbelieve, w ...more
Irishlazz
Oct 23, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well read. Fascinating concept and not beyond believable. Some well developed characters. The mom story line felt a bit like a loose thread on a new sweater. If you tug too hard things could unravel, but at the end it gets tied off. The library scene seemed a little too convenient - but there was a bit of the 'hand of fate' feel throughout, so it blended in. The worst thing, for me personally, was the obvious lack of understanding of day & night on the moon. I blame Pink Floyd. There is no D ...more
John Hall
May 25, 2011 rated it it was amazing
While not quite as good as Flan, this is an amazing, inventive, beautiful book. I've known Stephen for a long long time, so I'm biased, but what gets me about both of his books is that he takes on the impossible task of expressing the way people feel, especially the apocalyptic avalanche of feelings that children and adolescents experience. This book took me back to being fourteen or fifteen, when love seemed impossible for a million reasons. Then of course there's the brilliance of Stephen's im ...more
Amanda
Jan 16, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: for-fun
This book was really different than anything else I've read. The language is sometimes hard to read because there are a lot of made up words and invented idiomatic expressions. It suits the nature and setting of the book, but sometimes slows down understanding and just gets in the way. The ending necessitates a sequel, so I'm hoping to see a second book coming soon, but we'll see. The biggest downfall to this book were the grammar errors that littered it. Whoever edited this book must have been ...more
Diana
Jan 21, 2011 rated it really liked it
I'd say I'd give it 3 1/2 stars. The story was original, but the editing was poor. There were many grammatical errors that irked me. The slang was a little strange and kind of dumb, but since the story is set 2000 years in the future, I suppose Tunney had to almost create a new language. The images were vivid and set my imagination running wild. It's the first in a trilogy. I would definitely read the next one.
Gwen
Apr 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
I loved the world Tunney set up here, and issues of what it means to be One Hundred Percent in the past and present. The prose captured my attention right way, and I loved the characters and idea of a neon lit Moon. I also dearly loved Clellen's character development, as brief as it was at the end.

A bit disappointed by the end, it was too soon and too abrupt, but loved the journey up to it.
Joshlyn Vargas
Aug 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Where is the sequel?

The book was great. I read it in my teens and I am still waiting for a sequel. It's a really good book to read for sci first and suspense and just a bit of romance but its a good amount. Not overwhelming. The humor is great and the mysteries are admiring. I can't wait to see more twists in the next book.
Jacque Sherbak
May 17, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Excellent YA steampunk fiction novel. The author's style and imagination was refreshingly new to me. I am thrilled he is working on the second in the trilogy and over the moon :) that the movie rights were picked up in January! (As other reviewers noted, there are a number of grammatical errors which should have been caught, reviewed, and corrected by a publishing editor.)
Gail
Mar 21, 2011 rated it did not like it
Just not my cop of tea. Did not ring true and never connected with the character. Maybe in the future it will hook me.
Ben
Jul 14, 2011 rated it liked it
The science was bad, the ending didn't satisfy and a lot of the intermediate stuff seemed to be trying far too hard to seem grand and literary. That said, the prose was fun.
Chicomanx
A totally different premise which made me enjoy it. A theme I had not seen visited before.
Corby
May 27, 2011 rated it really liked it
Really great book. Very original story and a vivid setting. The characters seemed a bit flat at first, but they became much more complex as the book progressed. Hope the sequel comes out soon!
Kelly
Jun 08, 2015 marked it as not-for-me
Not for me.
Joel Weinert
May 18, 2013 rated it liked it
Reminds mme of Robert Heinlein's "The Moon is a Harsh Mistress."
Suzi
Apr 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed this one when I read it years ago. I keep checking back every once in a while to see if a sequel was ever released, but it sadly has not 😞
Sabion
Jan 18, 2012 rated it it was ok
This book seemed to loose its way about half way through. Great beginning but failed to execute down the stretch.
Mike
May 26, 2011 rated it liked it
It's weird and clunky, in a "young adult literature" kind of way, but something about this book stuck with me. Great premise and world-building -- flawed, but really interesting.
Tony
Dec 18, 2011
Twocents
Jan 23, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Beyond Seduction (The Red Choo Diaries #3)
  • A Fare to Remember: Just Whistle / Driven to Distraction / Taken for a Ride
  • The Man Tamer (It's All About Attitude #7)
  • Double Dare (Harlequin Blaze #324)
  • Kiss and Dwell (Harlequin Blaze #325)
  • Mother, Please!: What a Girl Wants / The Road Home / Upstairs, Downstairs
  • The Devil She Knows (Devil, #6)
  • Love, Life and Linguine
  • A Wind Named Amnesia / Invader Summer
  • Lake Magic
  • Hot for Him (Secret Lives of Daytime Divas, #3)
  • Transgression
  • Heart of Gold (Rainbow Chasers #1)
  • When Twilight Comes (Mists of Fernhaven #1)
  • Accidentally the Sheikh's Wife
  • The Jewel Box
  • The Ex-Girlfriends' Club (Harlequin Blaze #322)
  • The Fortunate Fall