Start by marking “Inside the Teenage Brain” as Want to Read:
Inside the Teenage Brain

Inside the Teenage Brain

3.86  ·  Rating details ·  35 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
Teenagers are perplexing, intriguing, and spirited creatures. In an attempt to discover the secrets to their thoughts and actions, parents have tried talking, cajoling, and begging them for answers. The result has usually been just more confusion. But new and exciting light is being shed on these mysterious young adults. What was once thought to be hormones run amuck can n ...more
Published January 16th 2010 by R & L Education (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Inside the Teenage Brain, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Inside the Teenage Brain

Karen Kline
Jul 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
With a lengthly list of more than sixty references in its bibliography, this slim book is well-researched. Parents and others working with teens will find it a helpful resource and a good reality check. Feinstein is straightforward about the risky behaviors that are common in the teen years, yet she differentiates what behaviors are typical (occasional use of alcohol, experimenting with smoking, and the like) and what are more over-the-top issues suggesting the need for professional guidance. Th ...more
Dru
Mar 04, 2014 rated it liked it
I was hoping for this book to be a lot more scientific. While it did have some basis in research, it didn't cite enough papers and didn't tie its advice to research as much as I'd hoped it would.

Also, the book in general was poorly organized, and the "did you know" and "tips" that were before and after each chapter seemed to have nothing to do with the chapters themselves.

All in all, a few tidbits to help me regain my sanity as I attempt to raise two teenagers, but not enough of what I was reall
Susan Williams
Jul 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
A great book for parents who are trying to relate to teens acting like, well, teens! My usually amenable 18 year began acting like a typical teen, wanting to be with friends all the time, spacing out and being downright disagreeable. Reading this book was like a light illuminating my brain, enabling me to understand and actually appreciate some of these new traits.
A must read for any parent of a tween or teen, even those mellow, biddable ones!
Dana *
Some practical advice and rational explanations for why teenagers behave the way they do. There are specific subjects, actions and reactions and practical approaches, although nothing is very deeply detailed.
Zyonese
Feb 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent book! A great description of what really happens inside the teen's brain, clear enough for any parent to understand. Please read this book if you are a parent.
Evelyn
Oct 21, 2011 rated it really liked it
I gained great insight on teenaged behavior based on brain chemistry. Lots of practical parenting advice and help included!
Kat
Jan 27, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A nice review of why teens do what they do...They don't have fully developed brains:)
Tammy
Mar 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
Must own, can't borrow it because I need to write in it.
Meesha
Sep 22, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic! Somewhat repetetive, but the ideas were great. Really helped me with understanding my teen and his reactions.
Shaun