Start by marking “The Twelve Nights of Christmas” as Want to Read:
The Twelve Nights of Christmas

The Twelve Nights of Christmas

His housekeeper, or his Christmas present?

Unexpectedly homeless for the festive season and exhausted from transforming the penthouse of the hotel where she works into a dazzling winter wonderland, chambermaid Evie Anderson secretly sleeps over. Woken by an outrageously sensual kiss, Evie feels her body come alive...until she realizes her seducer is Rio Zaccarelli, her
Paperback, Harlequin Presents Extra #126, 192 pages
Published November 2010 by Harlequin Books

To ask other readers questions about The Twelve Nights of Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Twelve Nights of Christmas

Start your review of The Twelve Nights of Christmas
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)
The Twelve Nights of Christmas is the feel-good kind of romance that a reader can pull off the shelf when they want an easy read that will infuse them with Christmas good vibrations. I endorse it with a four star rating.

Why?

Well, it's simple. The storyline is easy to follow, the characters are well-developed but surprisingly likeable, and it's a story about rekindled hope when things seem dark. Christmas to me is about hope and I love the idea that a short book can give me that feeling of
Jenny
Oh my god that was so cute, so sweet, so perfect. Heroine was a sweetheart, hero was alpha and brooding and the way she loved him and changed his life made me melt! Epilogue was perfection i was puking rainbows!
Dana S
The writing was fine, there were a few nice romantic moments, and for a HP, the plot was believable. But the heroine drove me insane.

The hero, Rio, "who hadn't gone ten days without sex since he'd lost his virginity" (apparently the author thought this was an important character trait) was better than most HP heroes, alpha but not too dickish. And he has believable issues about why he doesn't like Christmas.

But the heroine, Evie, was a total wet blanket. In the beginning, she has a shitty job,
Alex is The Romance Fox
Nov 04, 2011 rated it really liked it
I read all Sarah Morgan’s books. Her stories are fresh, interesting with believable characters.
This is the second time I am reading this book and again enjoyed the story of Rio Zaccarelli, an Italian millionaire who is gorgeous and hates Christmas because of something that happened when he was a child.
Evie Anderson is a gorgeous (she doesn’t know that of course), wholesome, kind woman, working as a receptionist at the fabulous hotel that Rio owns.
Rio discovers a naked Evie sleeping in the bed
Demetra
The perfect read before Christmas! You will absolutely enjoy it. Believeable characters, great hero and heroine, one hot sex-scene and the right amount of drama.
Becky
I love Sarah Morgan. But the Cinderella dreamy heroine really got on my nerves (hello, real world you have to pay rent or get evicted, girls can enjoy dolls and also have a future including education and career and motherhood, and you have no right being upset about being dumped by a man you had no interest in sexually). Also, the hero who hurt many women by letting them fall in love with him and then dumping them really rubbed me the wrong way. Don't engage in long-term relationships and hurt ...more
Paula Legate
Nov 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance-suspence
I really enjoyed this book. I loved how Evie embraced the world, how she believed in Santa, Happy endings, and love.
Here is a small sample taken from chapter 5 - "Just because you haven't encountered a happy ending personally doesn't mean you stop believing in them."

Evie has been dealt a bad hand in life, yet she still believes the best could happen. She is homeless, set up, and now jobless. Can her spirit and inner love be enough to change the heart of a cynical, and sexy rich man? Rio had
Chantal ❤️
This is a great Christmas book. Yes it had some sex but mostly it was about finding the good in people and seeing that life is great. The whole tree thing and the ball scene was awesome. I loved the fact that he was not hitting her over the head with his sex life. She was most aggressive for an innocent. It was sweet and put me into the holiday mood. Going to decorate the rest of my house now. Finding a better holiday story would be hard.
Irene Kiew
Sep 19, 2019 rated it liked it
This was a reread because Sarah Morgan is one of my favourite authors and sometimes you just need a story you're familiar with, for that feel-good feeling.

I don't like it as much as some of her others, I think Evie was a bit of a doormat and a bit too naïve for my taste. Granted, a lot of heroines in HPlandia tend to be naïve and think the best of the brooding hero despite every outward evidence of his brutish, black heart, but Emily was more naïve than most, as evidenced by her complete lack
Tasneem
I give this a 2.5 raiting. The story is fairly predictable, though I did like the character of Rio. I didn't like how England was explained though, the whole part about her perfect childhood with views of the forest and lake just sounded overly fake to me. At least Rio and his tragic life seemed more likely.
But overall, a not too badly written book. I especially found the ending over the top. That kind of public declaration of affection just strikes me as so not English, and so embarrasingly
Karla
Jul 19, 2011 rated it really liked it
I haven't read a book in this line (Harlequin Presents) in over 10 years. I don't enjoy reading about the very rich, their lives are too easy and I'm not into conspicuous consumption. This book was very enjoyable in spite of this. Lots of dialogue, the h/h spent a lot of time together and behaved in believable ways.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Snowkissed and Seduced!
Emona
Jun 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favourites
A wonderful Christmas read!
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Snowkissed and Seduced!
Julia Kai
Nov 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
I liked it. Perfect for this holiday
iamGamz
This is my favorite Christmas HP. It’s sweet, sexy, fun and has a magical ending. Sarah Morgan out did herself when she penned this one. It’s a favorite that I have read for the past couple years. It puts me in the holiday spirit.
Alex
Dec 17, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: contemporary, romance
At First Sight: Evie Anderson thought it was a little weird when her creep of a boss told her she could stay at the penthouse of the hotel where she worked for one night, since she had to be on-site so early in the morning. She usually wouldn't have agreed, but she had just been kicked out of her apartment and had no other place to go.

Rio Zacarelli - a successful, ruthless and super rich billionaire - has a very important deal on the making and, at the advice of his lawyer, decides to spend a
Vanessa
Sep 23, 2011 rated it really liked it
Scrooge meets . . . Cinderella

Evie worked in housekeeping in Rio Zacarelli’s hotel when he met her. Evie should have listened to her instincts but she didn’t. It’s in her nature to trust people and always find the good in them, because somewhere deep inside there usually seems to be some good buried there. She loves her grandfather very much and desperately tries to not disappoint him. This plays into Rio’s hands and he uses it to get what he wants. For him the ends justify the means. She is an
Vanessa Jaye
Nov 27, 2010 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. The tone of it was fresh and mondern. So much so, for the first part of it, it could have passed for a Carrie-centric/Carrie-only episode of SITC. I also love the way the usual trite tropes where used/presented. Not that anything was turned on its head, just that, again, if felt like it was dealt with in a more contemporary manner.

There were a few nitpicks so, after a great start, there was a section there when there was a bit of bickering about things you thought
Tali
Nov 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So I was quite surprised by this story - I didn't really think much of the cover or the blurb - but I ended up really loving it. Sure the set up at the beginning is completely implausible, especially given that Evie really didn't trust her sleazy boss who set her up in the first place, but it's just such a goodnatured story that I really enjoyed reading it and sped through it quite quickly. Evie and Rio were both fun characters to read about and I loved their arguments - it showed real chemistry ...more
Katie
This has been (and still is) 99 cents, so I've seen it around a lot. I resisted buying it for a long time because the couple meets when the hero kisses the sleeping heroine and noooo. I don't like that! But eventually I caved due to the good reviews and the fact that I DO like Sarah Morgan a lot.

And maybe it was just being thoroughly prepared, but that part didn't bother me too much. Morgan's alpha heroes really work for me. Stuff that would probably generally bother me doesn't with her.
Demelza
Dec 25, 2014 rated it it was ok
This was pleasant overall and I'd give it 3 stars except for two things that drove me a bit crazy: Evie came off as insecure and whiny at times, and there was a comment that despite feminism, girls still like babies. Last I checked being a feminist had to do with wanting women and men to be treated equally, not disliking babies.
Shelley
Dec 18, 2010 rated it really liked it
I normally don't like this line, but this was a seriously charming book and I adored Evie. The author also managed to make the hero alpha without being an asshole, which is impressive, so major thumbs up.
Joely Burkhart
Dec 26, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Such a wonderful story! I loved Evie and although Rio was the typical cold, hard Italian alpha, he had layers and reasons for everything. Watching her crack his hard exterior was priceless.
Tracie
Dec 15, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2011
I really enjoyed this. The relationship was believable. It had a feel-good holiday feeling which I loved.
Janice
Loved it! One of my favorite hp's.
Bukola
Aug 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Lol.. Funny and heartwarming! This book was perfection! Loved it! I'm on a Sarah Morgan marathon till further notice!
MaryReadsRomance
4.5 Sweet and Sizzling Stars
A very well written Contemporary Harlequin that has it ALL Believable and plausible contemporary setting and plot. Very hot, rich, handsome and damaged hero. Beautiful well endowed sweet, moral, intelligent, and damaged heroine. Sizzling chemistry and sex. Romance. Entertaining with an element of mystery. A Christmas redemption Holiday story. Worthy of a second read and a new personal favorite.

In Summary: A new young American in London, the heroine is having a very
Nikki
Nov 17, 2018 rated it did not like it
First off this premise is batshit crazy. And how LONG did we have to stay in that hotel room? Felt like the entire first half of the book!!! We find out about the hero's 'deal' waaaaay too late! And we meet the last major character in the last chapter, she should have been a major piece of the love story. The poor hero had a lot to over come and he is stuck with a self concious(hates everything about her body) chick who drinks, sings, and dances on tables like a crazy person. Heroine had alot of ...more
TashNz
Nov 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Evie deserves a solid star just for her, her character, her outlook in life, her banter and just the smiles she brings through out the story.

The remaining stars are everything that makes me love Sarah Morgan.

I've had this one on my wishlist for a while and i'm so glad it's become available again on Kindle for purchase.

Loved it!
« previous 1 3 next »

• Annie and the Red-Hot Italian (The Balfour Brides, #6)
  • The Desert Sheikh's Captive Wife (The Rich, the Ruthless and the Really Handsome, #1)
  • Scandal: His Majesty's Love-Child (Dark-Hearted Desert Men #4)
  • The Sheikh's Bartered Bride (Royal Brides, #1)
  • The Tycoon's Secret Affair (The Anetakis Tycoons, #3)
  • The Tycoon's Rebel Bride (The Anetakis Tycoons, #2)
  • The Marchese's Love Child
  • Sold for the Greek's Heir (Brides for the Taking #3)
  • Da Rocha's Convenient Heir (Vows for Billionaires #3)
  • Una Cenerentola a Manhattan
  • The Tycoon's Pregnant Mistress (Anetakis Tycoons, #1)
  • The Brazilian's Blackmail Bargain
  • Untamed Italian, Blackmailed Innocent
  • Ruthless Magnate, Convenient Wife (Pregnant Brides #2)
  • Ruthlessly Bedded, Forcibly Wedded (Innocent Wives #2)
  • Desert Prince, Bride of Innocence (Pregnant Brides #1)
  • The Disobedient Virgin (The Ramirez Brides #3)
  • Valentino's Love-Child
About Sarah

USA Today and Sunday Times bestselling author Sarah Morgan writes romance and contemporary women's fiction and her trademark humour and warmth have gained her fans across the globe. Sarah lives near London, England, and when she isn't reading or writing she loves being outdoors.

A WEDDING IN DECEMBER, a fun family drama set around the festive season, is out now!

Join Sarah on Facebook: