Start by marking “Pannkakstårtan” as Want to Read:
Pannkakstårtan

Pannkakstårtan (Pettson och Findus)

4.32  ·  Rating details ·  2,204 Ratings  ·  60 Reviews
Findus tycker om att fylla år, och därför firar han födelsedag tre gånger om året. Och till födelsedagen hör en pannkakstårta som Pettson ska göra. Då behöver man ägg och mjöl och mjölk. Mjöl finns inte hemma, då ska Pettson cykla till affären och köpa det. Men cykeldäcket behöver lagas med verktyg från snickarboden, fast nyckeln är borta, och för att hämta den behövs en s ...more
Published 1984 by Bonnier Carlsen

To ask other readers questions about Pannkakstårtan, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pannkakstårtan

Manny
If Pettson, P, is to make a pancake pie, then P must buy flour.

If P is to buy flour, then P must cycle to town.

If P is to use a cycle C, then C's tires must be intact.

If P is to make C's tires intact, then P must obtain a cycle repair kit R.

If P is to obtain R, then P must have the key to the toolshed K.

If K is in the well W, then P must have a fishing rod F.

If F is on the roof, then P must have a ladder L.

If L is in the bull B's field, then P must scare away B.

If P's neighbor N had known all of
Kathryn
I thought it was charming. I love all the detail in the illustrations and the humorous and unexpected way the story unfolded with regard to gathering the ingredients for the pancakes. Lots of fun little details in the illustrations that enhance the story.
Tony
Mar 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Yak-shaving for beginners.
Miriam
Aug 30, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture
Disorganized Festus and his cat have some madcap, but domestic, adventures whilst trying to prepare a cake. I'm told this is an abridged and less sarcastic version of the original text.
Jenny
Apr 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The people in town think Pettson is crazy. But it really was all a misunderstanding on a day when Pettson was trying to make a birthday cake for his cat, Findus, and everything went wrong. A humorous story with a quirky cat and his quirky owner as the characters. Includes a recipe for Pettson's pancakes.
Мартин Касабов
Е, няма такива илюстрации. Стоях по пет минути на всяка картинка, за да открия всички детайли и се смях с глас. Историята носи послание, успокояващо за самотниците, които все стоят отделени и неразбрани от съседите си. Накрая е важна единствено топлината между близките, за които човек обикаля цял ден, само и само да намери брашно за палачинкова торта.
Megan
Dec 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book of Swedish origin tells the story of a farmer named Festus and his cat, Mercury. Mercury has three birthdays each year - it's more fun that way - and on each birthday, Festus makes him a pancake pie. Mercury isn't the most patient or sympathetic cat, but he's pretty cute in his overalls, and no one ever said cats had to be good. As Festus encounters one problem after another and is quick to ask if Mercury is at fault (he would NEVER) the story escalates into an amusing tale of thwarte ...more
Zeth Alsberg
Aug 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Pettson är en ordentlig gubbe som bakar tårta åt katten sin tre gånger om året, ett föredömme för alla gubbar! Dessutom, en sådan modeikon! Otroligt med tanke på att han köper byxor på mjölbutiken. Pangkakstårtan är ett litterärt och konstnärligt mästerverk, kan till och med förlåta den felaktiga stavningen av pangkaka.
Molly
Aug 02, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
This is the story of a farmer named Pettson who is trying to make a birthday cake out of pancakes for his cat Findus but keeps getting sidetracked by unexpected things. While I find the illustrations fun, I think the story is overly long and convoluted.
Jess
Aug 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
August 2017 - one of those long picture books that really tells a story. Ben thought this was funny and wanted to read it again immediately. I'm not sure he got all the plot details, but he certainly thought the broken egg & trouser "pancakes" were funny, plus all of Findus' antics.
Aga
Jun 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My youngest and I love Findus.
Magdalena
Findus obchodzi urodziny trzy razy do roku. Za każdym razem niecierpliwie czeka na swój tort urodzinowy. Tym razem sytuacja nieco się komplikuje...
Cheryl
Mar 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thank you North South books for bringing these characters to the US. I prefer their names to be 'Festus and Mercury' but the pictures and the sly plot lines are more important, and you seem to have preserved those well here. Now I want a cake made of pancakes and whipped cream! The recipe included looks interesting... it uses a bit of white vinegar....

(Pahrump)
Shannon
Jan 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very fun book to read aloud with kids. Poor Pettson finds obstacles at every turn, trying to celebrate Findus's birthday.
Lynley
Feb 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'll read anything published by Gecko Press.

I love the illustrations in this. I almost always love illustrations of storybook farms.

The story is quirky and a message is that you shouldn't spread rumours about people because you don't know the full story.
Jessica
Mar 30, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books
Findus, the cat, had a birthday three times a year because it was more fun that way. Pettson, the farmer, wants to make Findus pancakes for his birthday, but their are many obstacles to overcome.

This was one of my favorite books when I was younger. My siblings, and I checked it out of the library over and over again. We loved it when the farmer runs into his neighbor (and the confusion of the neighbor!) That is all I will say in the way of a teaser because I don't want to spoil the story for you
Beverly
Aug 29, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picturebooks, cats
Our library recently purchased this new edition with the new title. I had read several of this author's books in the past, and I am pretty sure I read this one under the old title several years ago. One of the things I like about Nordqvist's books is the wealth of detail in the illustrations. In most of the illustrations, one can find small creatures, buildings, etc. that have nothing to do with the story. The story itself is as silly as the illustrations: all of the crazy things Pettus had to d ...more
Markus Hell
Mar 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
All the Pettson and Findus books are wonderful, but this one along with Stackars Pettson is probably my favourite. It's told in a simple but fun language that never seems childish (I particularly like the scene where the neighbour Gustavsson comes over and sees all the chaos that has been created), and the two main characters are fantastic. But of course, what really sets the series apart from other children's books are the illustrations - they are full of tiny details, where little creatures pl ...more
Eva
Nov 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I used to read this book for my children when they were younger. The three of us loved it, the story the illustrations, everything. No matter how many times you read it, you alwys find a new detail in the illustration. It's fun fr othe children and for the adults as well. Now I'm reading it (and other stories about Pettson and his cat Findus) for my niece and nephew and they enjoy the books as much as I and my girls.
Linda
Aug 25, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a fun read - and the curiosities in the pictures will keep the kids searching through the trees for ages. The story is built upon a bit at a time, with each new obstacle for getting the flour just adding to the great joy of those glorious pancakes at the end. It's a shame this book was tough to find, because it's a charming, entertaining read that children in pre-school to early school will surely enjoy.
Kimberly
Dec 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books
This is one of our family's all-time favorite picture books. We've purchased several from the Pettson and Findus series, and have enjoyed every one of them. What a shame that these books aren't more widely known and available in the U.S.
Emily
Jan 15, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books
This book is adorable! I wish we had books by this author in our library. I really want to buy this book for all the kids I know after reading it. I doesn't have anything groundbreaking in it, just a good kids story.
Debra Shumate
Jun 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book so much, I named my cat "Findus". My grandchildren are huge fans of these Sven Nordqvist stories! They are very clever, and filled with charm and humor. I don't think they are very well known in the US. Too bad. I am adding my favorite here - maybe we can change that!
Ana  López
Feb 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chisgarab-s
El pastel de crepes es uno de esos placeres para compartir con los hijos. Es un cuento que no te cansa, que te hace reir cada vez que lo lees y que gusta a todos. Lo recomiendo para niñas y niños desde los 4 años.
Tracie
Feb 04, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books
Not always a fan of the cumulative tale, but this one brings in some interesting voices and characters as it explains how old Pettson got his reputation as crazy on the day he was making a birthday cake for his cat Findus.
Evgeniya
Jan 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s

Често имам поводи да се убеждавам, че това е любимата ми книжка от цялата чудна поредицата за Петсън и Финдъс.
Jenn
Jul 26, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
Shelves: all-time-faves
This book has hilarious illustrations and never gets old. Great for kids of all ages!
Nefee
Jun 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children
I read these as a child and I loved the cat and the old man. Encourages children to be different and tolerant.
Kathleen
Jun 02, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
ILL FROM THE MCMINNVILLE PUBLIC LIBRARY IN OREGON.
Suvi
Nov 26, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Findus, you rascal, you're too cute to handle! Love love your trousers.
A Gem 1 4 May 20, 2014 12:34PM
  • Lotta's Bike
  • Children of the Forest
  • Das kleine Ich-bin-ich
  • The Book About Moomin, Mymble and Little My (Sort of Children's Classics)
  • Barbapapa
  • Up in the Tree
  • The Church Mouse
  • Clown
  • Karius und Baktus
Sven Nordqvist (born 30 April 1946) is a Swedish writer and illustrator of children's books. He is best known for his series Pettson and Findus, about an old farmer, Pettson, and his talented cat, Findus.

Nordqvist was born in Helsingborg and grew up in Halmstad, Sweden. He originally wanted to be an illustrator but was rejected by several art schools. Instead he studied architecture at Lund Instit
More about Sven Nordqvist...

Pettson och Findus (1 - 10 of 21 books)
  • Pettersson kriegt Weihnachtsbesuch
  • Armer Pettersson
  • Pettersson zeltet
  • Findus und der Hahn im Korb
  • Findus and the Fox
  • When Findus was Little and Disappeared (Pettsson and Findus)
  • Morgen, Findus, wird's was geben
  • Aufruhr im Gemüsebeet (Pettersson und Findus)
  • Findus flyttar ut