Start by marking “Lord of the White Hell, Book 2 (Lord of the White Hell, #2)” as Want to Read:
Lord of the White Hell, Book 2 (Lord of the White Hell, #2)

Lord of the White Hell, Book 2 (Lord of the White Hell #2)

4.2  ·  Rating details ·  2,557 Ratings  ·  190 Reviews
Kiram fought his family and Cadeleonian bigots to remain in the Sagrada Academy to prove himself as a mechanist and to dispel the deadly shadow curse that threatens to destroy his upperclassman, Javier Tornesal.

But when his efforts provoke retaliation, Kiram’s family and home are endangered. Both Kiram and Javier risk everything in a desperate gambit to combat the curse.

Bu
Published September 15th 2010 by Blind Eye Books

To ask other readers questions about Lord of the White Hell, Book 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lord of the White Hell, Book 2

Vivian
Mar 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Worth all the stars you see.

Broken down into two books so that 700 pages doesn't run off potential readers, this is a fast paced fantasy adventure story. Picking right up where book #1 leaves off we run straight ahead into all the drama and challenges Kiram and Javier face.

Duty
“It’s so much easier to relinquish power rather than accept responsibility, you know.”

Sacrifice
“Always look to your weaknesses, Kiram, and to those of your enemies,” Alizadeh advised him.

Freedom
Kiram thought he felt J
Aug 06, 2010 rated it it was amazing
The 2nd instalment of Ginn Hale’s Lord of the White Hell series begins with the boys returning to the Sagrada Academy after competing in an inter school tournament. Javier and Kiram are at odds after a night spent in a bordello with the Hellions, where it becomes obvious Javier will hide his true nature at any cost. Kiram returns to work stoically, but events conspire to throw him into Javiers path more often than Kiram would like. Danger still lurks and Javier and Kiram have to work together to ...more
Alexis Hall
You can catch the discussion of this series over on my review of the first book.

The first book ends on an emotional cliff-hanger so I ploughed straight on with the second - and while this Ginn Fucking Hale, so I loved it and was essentially satisfied by the way things played out, I was slightly disappointed at the distance travelled between the first book (which is at least 50% a school story) and this one, which has a much broader scope.

Also I felt the Big Break between the lovers that conclude
Jen

I enjoyed Book One well enough, but I loved Book Two!

The things that annoyed me about the first one were largely missing in this book - it was still overly descriptive in places, but the story never once lagged. It was action-packed, interesting, and even hilarious at times.

I wasn't a huge fan of Javier in Book One - his arrogance grated on my nerves, even if Kiram did find it charming. But in this book, I saw him grow as a person, and I admit that him (view spoiler)
Em
This is an amazing second installment and I am once again in awe of Ginn Hale's incredible talent. There was a very satisfying ending and it's good to know that more books are planned in this series.
Sheziss
Dec 11, 2015 marked it as asap
Thank you, Secret Santa!!! *happy dance*
Kassa
Aug 14, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Lord of the White Hell is a 700 pg epic fantasy story filled with romance, danger, legend, lore, action, clashing religion, and the theme of following your heart. Thankfully this incredible story is broken up into two books so as not to scare readers but book two picks up exactly where book one left off. In fact I even went back and read the last few pages of book one so I’d know where book two was starting. So be sure to read the prior book (which you definitely should anyway!).

Book Two starts
Midnight
Aug 12, 2011 rated it it was amazing
4 stars because of the ending. I feel it was a bit abrupt with just the main conflict resolved. It left me with many questions, and feeling a bit cheated, as I had hoped for a solid conclusion for everything (and everyone). There wasn't one. I hope it is because because the author has plans for a third book, however. If not, that's a pity.

This was still a great book, a lot of fun to read. I couldn't put it down, because I just had to know how it ends. The main 'villain' didn't come as a surprise
Kaje Harper
Sep 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, m-m, ya, fantasy
This is a beautifully crafted fantasy. Books 1 and 2 are really the two halves of one story - you can't read just one. The world-building is seamless, the action is riveting and unpredictable, and the romance develops slowly with appropriate ups and downs that fit the young characters and the forces arrayed against them. This is appropriate for older YA too - there is one episode of more explicit sex in the second book but it was not erotic, and most of the sex is off-page or lightly described. ...more
Dreamer
Jan 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An excellent book 2 from Ginn Hale. Kiram returns home to Anacleto and the adventure continues. Javier strives to gain greater control of the white hell or 'shajdi' inside him. Seems as if a book 3 should be in the pipe-line.
description
"All life is sacred. Whether it takes the shape of a moth, a man, or a great oak, every life is precious and part of a greater whole, because no matter how different our physical bodies, all our souls arise from and return to the same divine union of the shajdi."
Lou Harper
Feb 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I keep re-reading bits and pieces of this book (and others by Ginn Hale). It's just that good. Ginn is a master at blending plot and emotion, and not to mention creative world building. I want to move into one of her worlds, just not sure which one.
Karen Wellsbury
Sep 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
What can I say, Lord of the White Hell has it all, stellar world building, a marvelous plot, young adults who behave like adults, curses, horses, culture clash and romance.

Perfect
Katie(babs)
When things ended in Book 1 of the Lord of the White Hell, Academy student and Haldiim Kiram Kir-Zaki was heartbroken. Kiram comes from a culture where men loving one another is accepted and not looked down upon. When Kiram ended up winning a scholarship to attend an affluent Cadeleonian Academy, he knew he would be an outcast because of his race. He did find friends, one being Cadeleonian Nestor, who is engaged to be married. The other close friend is Javier Tornesal, the Duke of Rauma, his roo ...more
Vanessa North
Mar 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is a review of both this book, and Lord of the White Hell.

Ginn Hale writes with an elegance and maturity that is difficult to find in any genre. She does it while straddling two genres--romance and fantasy I typically associate with wish-fulfillment.

The first book sets up the story with rich world-building and the steady, sweet build of Javier and Kiram's relationship. One of my favorite parts of the first book was the academy setting. The work and play and daily life of the school boys pro
Katerina
Nov 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
It doesn't take many words. It was excellent, outstanding, wonderful, unique, second to none ... for me a favorite forever. Ginn Hale must have been experienced. Experienced. This is how this author writes. It breathes, it lives and one is in the middle of everything.

Two wonderful guys ...

Lots of magic ...

Best friends, who stand for each other in the greatest plight ...

Noble horses ...

... and complicated spells ...

But in the end ... everything went well, as in every fairy tale :)

And therefore 10
Don Bradshaw
An excellent series so far. Ms Hale gives her characters a life of their own as they walk across the pages. Javier and Kiram were a perfect couple battling the shadow curse with power, faith and intelligence. The world building has phenomenal and the differences between Cadaleonia and Haldiim culture and beliefs wonderfully drawn. Highly recommended fantasy.
Paul
Dec 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
excellent
Kris
Terrific. Just terrific. A great, action packed conclusion to this series. Two thumbs up!
k reads
This review, along with a review of Lord of the White Hell - Book One, was first posted at So I Read This Book... and can be found here:

Book Two picks up shortly after the first one ended. While book one was set in the Cadeleonian world, book two takes us to the world of the Haldii. The relationship between Javier and Kiram has hit some bumps. Javier wants to keep their relationship a secret but Kiram comes from a
Gene
Sep 21, 2010 rated it really liked it
This is definitely Part 2 (as opposed to Book 2) of the Lord of the White Hell story, since the beginning of this book doesn't even recap anything that happened in the first book -- it just jumps right in where the first book left off.

And I got absorbed into the story again very quickly. The details and setting were again vividly and cinematically rendered, and the characters were as relatable, with even more complexity added to their personalities.

Best of all, the fantasy magic grew in importan
orannia
Dec 31, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m, fantasy, 2014
Four and three quarter stars. I'm knocking off one quarter star because of editing issues, which may sound harsh but while I can accept the odd error, missing words and additional words should be caught, especially if there is more than one or two.

As for the story - WOW! It was...amazing! The world-building was spectacular and the characters fairly leap of the page - secondary characters too. In the first book I feel in love with Fedeles, but in this book another secondary charcter came to the f
Finnegan
I am reviewing Lord of the White Hell, Book 1 and Lord of the White Hell, Book 2 as one, because it is one story in two parts.

Wow. Exceptional world-building, so much so I wish I could visit and experience the Haldiim culture first-hand. I also liked the mystery, the romance, the boarding school shenanigans... All of it. This was highly enjoyable.
Julesmarie
Oct 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Good enough to make up for how much I HATED the ending of book 1.

Some Favorite Quotes:
"If Kiram can face down a bear, then I figure I can manage the holy father," Nestor replied.
"I didn't really face down a bear so much as run away from it," Kiram corrected.
"You still faced it. You just had the good sense to run away right after that."

A fusion of exquisite tenderness and raw desire

"Should I ask whose blood it is or would that ruin the surprise when we find the body in the morning?"
Lala
First read on February 1, 2015.
Re-read on March 24, 2016.

Just as good as the first book! An epilogue would be a nice touch, though. Still, I hope I'll get to see Javier and Kiram again in Champion of the Scarlet Wolf Book One. Miss my favorite boys already.
DaisyGirl
3.5 Stars rounded up to 4.0

A riveting conclusion to Kiram and Javier's story. There were parts of this book that were added for dramatic effect that, frankly, I could've done without. On the other hand, I could've done more with a better epilogue about Kiram and Javier's HEA. Without it, it felt more like an abrupt HFN.

Bottom line: I liked this series but need a break from it now.
Tam
Nov 05, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Umm. Book 2 is as great as book 1 and again, check out Kassa's review because she says what I would say. Love it and even those who don't love fantasy (aka me) should read these. I'm sure I would have read them more quickly if I'd had an e-book, but I have signed paper copies so ... :-)
Colette
Picks up right where book 1 ends. I started this last night when I finished book 1 and just finished it - fantastic!
Julie Bozza
Dec 26, 2011 rated it really liked it
A good story, with involving characters. I was left feeling very satisfied.
Anne Freya
Jul 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: novel, lgbtqqiaap
OKAY....THAT. WAS. SUCH. AN. INTENSE. READ..... I LOVE IT.

Talented author is talented, no matter what. Her Rifter series is my most favorite BL (you can read my review here, Rifter is the bestest to me after Captive Prince series by C.S. Pacat). And I really regretted I didn't read Lord of the White Hell series sooner just because of one popular negative review over one mistake of one character that now that I think about it, left forgotten at all because suddenly it felt sooo insignificant now
  • The Archer's Heart
  • Dream (Aisling, #2)
  • Mariner's Luck (Scarlet and the White Wolf, #2)
  • Strange Fortune
  • Bound (Kria, #2)
  • Dynasty of Ghosts
  • Crescendo (Song of the Fallen, #2)
  • Kei's Gift (Darshian Tales, #1)
  • Irregulars
  • The God Eaters

Lord of the White Hell (2 books)
  • Lord of the White Hell, Book 1 (Lord of the White Hell, #1)

“The wisdom of age defeats the strength of youth.” 8 likes
“Now that I have this piglet talisman... who knows what I might find the poor judgment to do?” 6 likes