Start by marking “Super Burp! (George Brown, Class Clown, #1)” as Want to Read:
Super Burp! (George Brown, Class Clown, #1)

Super Burp! (George Brown, Class Clown #1)

3.91  ·  Rating details ·  475 Ratings  ·  57 Reviews
The first day at a new school is always the hardest, right? No, not always as George finds out the hard way. On the second day at...Sugarman Elementary School, he is suddenly seized by uncontrollable burps, burps so loud they practically break the sound barrier, burps that make him do wild and crazy stuff and land him in trouble with a capital T. One thing is for sure: the ...more
Published July 1st 2010 by Grosset & Dunlap

To ask other readers questions about Super Burp!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Super Burp!

Benjamin
Jul 15, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: 1st - 3rd graders
The main character, George is moving to another town and a new school, again. At his last school, his friends knew him as the fun and crazy class clown. However, this time George wants to be a model student - a “normal” student. But of course, this doesn’t happen. After seeing a shooting star, he wishes to be funny, but not get into trouble. Soon after, that’s when the “Super” burp “ping pongs” from his stomach all the way up out of his mouth for all the world to hear. BURP! The mysterious burps ...more
Renee
Apr 09, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: 2nd-4th
Shelves: childrens-funny
George Brown was the class clown at his old school, but after his family moves once again he vows to be a perfectly behaved student at his new school. However, George trips when dancing and sneezes his lunch everywhere. Later, when eating out with his parents, George wishes on a shooting star to make kids laugh, but not get into trouble. Somehow the first part of the wish comes true, but not the second. George occasionally burps and then does crazy things (like skateboarding through school.) Gra ...more
Kate Hastings
Grades 1-3. RL 550. George Brown moves to a new school and he is determined NOT to be a goofball and get in trouble with his teachers. Then he wishes on a shooting star "I wish I could make kids laugh, but not get in trouble." But only the 1st half comes true. Now he gets magical burps that well up inside of him and make him do crazy things. Kids are laughing... but he's getting into big trouble. My 1st grader cannot get enough of this! (as an aside-- George used to go to school with Katie Kazoo ...more
Alyssa
George Brown was the class clown at his old school but he decides he should change when he attends his new school. As George tries to change something takes over and George can't stop his antics. Follow George as he tries to make friends and stop being the class clown.

This book is great for young readers, especially boys who can relate to the character. Should keep readers entertained and laughing beginning to end.
Cathy
Dec 09, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think 8-10 year old boys will like this book. George was known as the class clown at his last school, but wants to change things when his dad moves the family to a new army base. George really tries to behave, but when a super burp erupts from him without warning, his behavior seems to spiral out of control. He finds himself in the principal's office as usual. Will George be able to turn over a new leaf, or will he become the class clown once more? Read Super Burp to find out!
Marcia
May 08, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: grades-1-3
From the author of Katie Kazoo comes George Brown. The class clown plans to turn over a new leaf at his new school, but super burps are taking over and he can't control himself. Sure to hit the funny bone of 6 and 7 year old beginning readers or mIddle grade reluctant readers. Another choice for the Captain Underpants crowd.
Amanda Harrison
Flat characters, cringeworthy relationships between characters. The super burp takes over George's body and makes him do crazy stunts not unlike a kid's movie with the inevitable food fight. Humorous and mildly diverting, but an unsatisfying ending.
Debra Potter
Dec 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kids-books
I read this book to my 6yo son, he found it to be highly amusing and was always eager to find out what George would do next.
Terri
Feb 16, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Too much use of the word dumb and stupid when referring to other people.
Shannon
Jan 16, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chapter-books
03/16: The boys enjoyed this little series back in the day. I'm deleting all but Book 1 to save time transferring reviews from Shelfari to Goodreads.

04/12: David is going through books so quickly these days. I found this series through the "Books for Boys" website. Easy reads. David read this first one one night, and JB read it last night, after finishing "Inkheart" and waiting to get "Inkspell."

Amazon Book Description:
The first day at a new school is always the hardest, right? No, not always a
Rick Budding
George has this problem....his super-sized burps make him act completely goofy! With Christmas around the corner there are all kinds of situations arising when George really should not be acting so out-of-control. He's tried a number of ways to stop his burping--mustard, somersaulting--but they just keep coming up at the wrong time. Further complications arise when Kevin, George's best friend from his old school, comes over to visit and George has to figure out how to be a friend to Kevin and hi ...more
Devon O
Feb 18, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A book I read was George Brown Class Clown by Nancy E. Krulik. George’s dad is in the military so George and his family are always moving to new places. Every school that George goes to he is always the class clown. George and his family are moving again and he wants to start out fresh. He does not want to be the class clown again. He wants to be the kid that always knows the answers and always raises his hand. He does not want to tell anymore jokes and he does not want to make anyone laugh. If ...more
Kristen
Kids with impulse control problems or other troubles adjusting to the school environment will really relate to this main character, who is trying to turn over a new leaf and exhibit good behavior at his new school. Unfortunately, he's been cursed with the Super Burp, which is not only very loud, but also initiates a short period of time when he loses control and does crazy things for laughs, like skateboarding through the school hallway. These brief episodes are totally beyond his control, which ...more
Nina
Oct 16, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children
George moves a lot and he wants to change to be the new George in his newest school. He used to be a class clown in his old school and it is not easy to be more quiet and a good boy. One day he sees a shooting star and makes a wish to be able to make people laugh. The funny thing is when he burps his super duper burps, George does weird and funny things, which make people usually mad at him.

It’s an okay children book. I enjoy reading George’s stories.
Nestor
Oct 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The book is called super burp and class clown by nancy E. Krulik.

Its about a boy with super burp and his mom, and dad hated the super burp because it makes a BIG
DEASTER ! . I like this book because it talkes about a boy having a super burp and it got tookin away
from his freind Alex by giveing him a onion ice cream. I will recomend this book to Ms. Joesph because she like's reading books.
Heather
The series to read after you complete Captain Underpants and are left wanting more. Follow the escapades of George Brown as he moves to his new town and discovers uncontrollable powers every time he burps. Mixed in with real world life experiences of elementary kids is a fantastical world of burp power and the shenanigans that evolve as a result.
Luanne Hatcher
Jan 23, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book in a new spin-off series from the Katie Switcheroo stories by Nancy Krulik. George Brown, a class clown, has moved away and is trying hard to be a new, improved George. He doesn't want to be a class clown anymore or get into trouble. He wants to make friends in his new school, So far, it's been a challenge. I liked it. It was a fun read and boys will enjoy it's silliness.
Feb 02, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Laura by: Evan
Evan & I read this together. I think the title alone got him interested. George is starting at a new school and decides to be different than he was in his old school. In his new school, he wants to behave himself, not be the class clown like before. That doesn't work out so well for him. I'm sure Evan liked the story more than I did since burps don't make me giggle, but I thought it was ok.
Samuel
Sep 21, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children
My stepdaughter had this lying around, so I picked it up and read it. It's probably better-written than it needs to be, but it's not particularly my style, even for a kids' series book. It ends in mid-story, so I'm sure there's much more to come, but I don't know that I'll come back to it, unless another one winds up sitting on my coffee table.
Jana
Nov 17, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pretty cute book. Listened to it as a family while driving around town. Got some good laughs out of it. What bothered me most about this book was the abrupt ending. I didn't realize it was wrapping up, and then BAM the end. Still a fun book, though.
Tammy Kesteloot
May 04, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2011
Reading this book with my 7 year old. So far Andrew and I really like it.

6-27-11 drew and I really laughed out loud during this book. I read him several chapters a week for bedtimes. It was a fun story about being in a new school and making new friends. Drew loved it!
Steph
Jun 06, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Magic burps? Hmmmm... I guess it will be very relatable for kids who have impulse control issues, but it kind of annoyed me. And the random bolded words and phrases on each page drove me nuts - very distracting! 2nd-4th grade boys might love this, but it's definitely not my favorite.
Sydney
Nov 15, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
its about George had a bad day at school so his parents took him to a ice cream place he saw a shooting star and he made a wish he said i wish i could be funny but not get in trouble so the next day he burped really loud and did crazy things and he got in trouble.so he has to try to stop burping.
Kathy
Jan 22, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This seemed like a good intro book. I love Katie Kazoo, so I'm excited to see what George Brown does. I'll have to read more before I make a judgement on this series. it was cute, though, with plenty of "boy humor."
Marian
Leah (9) read this to her brother(5). Leah thought it was just "ok" but Charlie really enjoyed it.
Kristi
With all three.
Pamela
Jan 20, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens-books
2nd-3rd grade boys will love the George Brown series. They are gross enough for boys to like but not so terrible that moms dislike them. Nancy Krulik's "Katie Kazoo" series is great for girls.
Nora
Spin-off of Katie Kazoo series. Humorous Beginner Chapter book series.
Christine Crawford
This book includes themes of making friends and self-control, but even more about skateboarding and giant magical burps. I think my 7-year-old is going to love it.
Maryann
The kids loved it - found it very humorous. I, on the other hand, did not enjoy reading it.
  • Never Glue Your Friends to Chairs (Roscoe Riley Rules, #1)
  • Mascot Madness! (Schooling Around!)
  • Frankly, Frannie (Frankly, Frannie #1)
  • Jasper John Dooley: Star of the Week (Jasper John Dooley, #1)
  • Prince of Underwhere
  • Dracula vs. Grampa at the Monster Truck Spectacular (Wiley & Grampa's Creature Features, #1)
  • Attack Of The Tyrannosaurus (Dinosaur Cove, #1)
  • Bobby The Brave (Sometimes)
  • School, Drool, and Other Daily Disasters (Justin Case, #1)
  • Trouble at the Arcade (The Hardy Boys: Secret Files, #1)
  • The Curse of the Bologna Sandwich (Melvin Beederman Superhero, #1)
  • The King of Show-and-Tell (Ready, Freddy!, #2)
  • Miss Child Has Gone Wild! (My Weirder School, #1)
  • The Crazy Case of Missing Thunder (Goofballs #1)
  • Jake Drake, Bully Buster
  • Stink: The Ultimate Thumb-Wrestling Smackdown (Stink, #6)
  • The Magic School Bus Meets The Rot Squad: A Book About Decomposition
  • Frankie Pickle and the Pine Run 3000 (Frankie Pickle, #2)
Nancy Krulik is the author of more than 100 books for children and young adults, including three New York Times bestsellers. She is best known, however, for being the author and creator of the Katie Kazoo Switcheroo book series, which has brought her to the attention of second, third, and fourth graders nationwide.

Nancy has also written extensively for teens and is well known as a biographer of Ho
More about Nancy E. Krulik...

George Brown, Class Clown (1 - 10 of 18 books)
  • Trouble Magnet (George Brown, Class Clown, #2)
  • World's Worst Wedgie (George Brown, Class Clown, #3)
  • What's Black and White and Stinks All Over? (George Brown, Class Clown, #4)
  • Wet and Wild! (George Brown, Class Clown, #5)
  • Help! I'm Stuck in a Giant Nostril! (George Brown, Class Clown, #6)
  • Attack of the Tighty Whities! (George Brown, Class Clown, #7)
  • Hey! Who Stole the Toilet? (George Brown, Class Clown, #8)
  • Dance Your Pants Off! (George Brown, Class Clown, #9)
  • Three Burps and You're Out! (George Brown, Class Clown, #10)
  • Eww! What's on My Shoe? (George Brown, Class Clown, #11)

“Mrs. Kelly wore her glasses on a chain around her neck and had a piece of tissue tucked in her sleeve. And the only decorations on the classroom walls were a poster that said READ and a chart showing how all the letters of the alphabet looked in cursive. “Now,” 0 likes