Start by marking “Weekend in Paris” as Want to Read:
Weekend in Paris

Weekend in Paris

Molly Clearwater had always wanted to escape the confines of her small-town upbringing to make a splash as a career woman in London. But somehow, working as a low-level assistant for the boorish Malcolm Figg wasn't nearly as fulfilling as she had hoped-until Malcolm offered her a "perk"-a free weekend business trip to Paris. She's ecstatic until she discovers that ...more
Published February 24th 2004 by Plume Books (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Weekend in Paris, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Weekend in Paris

Start your review of Weekend in Paris
Luann
Jun 21, 2010 rated it did not like it
Shelves: adult, fiction, 2010
Due to various reading challenges over the last couple of years, I've read quite a few books I have loved that I probably never would have read otherwise. Unfortunately, this book isn't one of those. I needed a book that matched a "travel" shelf, and this was the only one on the list easily available at my library. From the reviews, I knew this probably wouldn't be one of my favorite books. But even with very low expectations, this book was still a disappointment. I did enjoy the descriptions of ...more
Ashley Hilderson
Jun 04, 2013 rated it did not like it
dissapointed... I found the main character to be hopeless and a bit pathetic. I love a good girly book but this one made me want to shake the girl and tell her to wake up to herself.
Linda
Sep 24, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 stars. I enjoyed this book. It really kept me on my toes and it zigged when I expected it to zag. I was happy with the conclusion of the story.
Christine
Jul 12, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 21st-century
Weekend in Paris, by Robyn Sisman, may not be great literature, and it may be fluffy, but it is great fun, very enjoyable and, best of all, it's about Paris! And therein lies its strength, because it really does conjure up the atmosphere of the city, leaving you with a kaleidoscope of images and impressions that make you yearn to be there, sipping coffee in a pavement cafe, or strolling along the banks of the Seine.

On the day she is due to fly to Paris on a business trip with her boss, sensible,
Tifnie
Jun 05, 2008 rated it it was ok
Shelves: chick-lit
This book was silly. I thought perhaps it would be a good "juicy" book to pepper my heavier reads, but I found it more of a waste of time. However, I couldn't bring myself to not finish the book since it was so short.

Molly, the main character, quits her job and decides to go to Paris for the weekend. Yes, that could have been an interesting/saucy read, however, over the coarse of 2 days, Molly blunders her way through the streets, friends, a lover, and ultimately her family. I shuddered at the
Heather Alderman
Dec 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Cute story about a young woman finding herself during adventures in a weekend in Paris. Great characters and wonderful descriptions of Paris.
Steph Hayward-bailey
An enjoyable summer read. I did find Molly the main character a bit grating at times.
Jun 17, 2015 rated it it was ok
I'd give it 2.5 stars if I could, but I couldn't really bring myself to 3. I knew I was going to have issues with this book when the main character thought 30 was old, she's 21 not 14! Even when I was 21 I didn't think 40 was old. Her lack of maturity made me not really like her all that much. I know she gets really angry when people call her stupid and goes on and on how she's not, it's not that she's stupid she's just naive and immature.

I had to roll my eyes when the story took a classic and
Winna
Jun 06, 2009 rated it it was ok
Shelves: chicklits
I enjoyed Just Friends and Perfect Strangers. Although I loved the cover of this one, the story just didn't do it for me.

Extremely cliched, with less likable characters and some scenes are impossibly unrealistic to begin with. Molly is described as smart, but she is often so naive that she appears slightly stupid. The dialogue is also often unnatural, very rough and unpolished, in my opinion. Real people don't talk like that.

The moral behind the story is quite good. It's too bad I don't enjoy
Andrea Guy
This book should have been made into a movie, for oh so many reasons. It was ridiculous and yet so fun to read. I think that's why it would have made a great chick flick, except that they would have to change things to completely make it a rom com, because this is a British chicklit and things don't always equal girl meets boy and ends up happily ever after with boy.

After a day from hell, Molly runs off to Paris for a weekend. She was supposed to be there on a business trip, but her boss is
Tiffany E-P
May 23, 2019 rated it it was ok
Weak. Malcom’s role as a horrible boss extended way past what his character could support in the plot. Maybe I am being too judgmental about a romance
Antof9
Jan 02, 2009 rated it liked it
I read this in Zürich, on a quick trip to see my brother's family, which is fun because of the Euro feel of this book.

Anyway, it was a good "lite" read -- enjoyable, and surprisingly less trashy than a lot of chick lit I've read. The heroine is charming, and you can't help but root for her. Although I am a little tired of all the chick lit girls I've read recently who think they're fat, but all the men around them think they are beautiful. Of course, that's what all chubby girls would love to
Veronica
Jul 24, 2019 rated it did not like it
The Belle
May 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Not every book is meant to be meaty and award-winning, like the classic War & Peace. Not every book is meant to invoke deep and delicious feelings of unrequited attachment or passionate love at first sight. Not every book is meant to be the one that you grab off the shelf a hundred times until it’s literally falling apart from the spine on out.

Weekend in Paris, by the late Robyn Sisman, is not one of those books. But it is a fun, flirty, and whimsical tale of a young woman who rushes off to
Siti Zafira
Aug 04, 2014 rated it liked it
I would say that the climax in the story didn't well-structured which disappointed me a bit. But what attracted me the most is the part of when Molly finally met her long-lost father. I'm not much of a love-story reader - however, Weekend in Paris is worth for light reading.
Rebecca Wilson
Jun 05, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: my-library
Dawn Folley
Apr 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Sometimes in France people pass your house, stop for a chat, and your day ends up doing other things than you intended.It is delightful. You have to let yourself give in to the spontaneity. There is a pride in generosity. The first thing someone will ask you is Tu as bien mangé? Everyone in France is a foodie. I work with people who have to get their oysters from here, their poultry from here. Recipes are exact. You don't trifle with it. The French are adorably serious and exasperatingly so. ...more
Miusseth
May 11, 2019 rated it liked it
This book came to me as a present because they know I’ve always wanted to go to Paris..
It was a nice surprise. I really enjoyed the scenery of Paris it painted. I wanted to be there seeing and living what Molly was living, and knowing Paris in all it’s glory.

The book was not a romance novel as I was expecting, it was more of a coming of age story.
I gave it 3 stars basically because I didn’t care much for the ending. I don’t know if it’s a cliffhanger or an open ending for us to interpret it as
Annalise
I felt transported to Paris in the descriptions of the scenery - the smells, the buildings, the parks, the colours. I was engrossed for the first 150 pages of plot, but felt it lost a little something after that. I'm trying to put my finger on what changed, and I think it had something to do with the character development (of all the characters, not just Molly) - it seemed quite rushed, brushed over in a sentence, rather than meaningfully developed. That said, it was still a light, enjoyable ...more
Lorma
Dec 04, 2019 rated it it was ok
I love anything Paris, and bought this book mainly for the title and the really cute cover. It sat on my TBR pile for a while, but when I was surprised with a trip to London and Paris, I packed “Weekend in Paris” thinking it will be the perfect read while on my trip. Well was I wrong!

First off the main character is so unlikable, she is downright frustrating! The other characters were fine and actually kept me reading. The storyline it’s self was bearable although I didn’t care for Robyn Sisman’s
Tracy Snow
Jun 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
I picked this book up for $.50 and it looked like a fun read. It kept my interest the whole way and didn't let me down. Molly was a fun character along with her friend Alicia. I like the turn of events at the end. It makes me want to go to Paris.
Carolyn (in SC) C234D
This was a frothy, unrealistic story about a 21-year-old, likable, naive English girl, Molly Clearwater, who on impulse, after quitting her job, boards a train to Paris for a weekend. Readable. Rated 6 out of 10.
Tiffany
May 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Lust, Paris, Freedom...what a great adventure!
Heather
Sep 17, 2017 rated it liked it
I was looking for a quick fluffy read and this was just the thing. Not great, not terrible. Sets a lovely scene in Paris.
Sarah Sliva
Apr 09, 2019 rated it liked it
A cute, quick read. Made me feel ancient, though.
Tiffany Adams
Apr 04, 2018 rated it it was ok
I wanted to love this book but I just didn’t. I’d rate it a 2.5 only for the twist with her Mom but it was slow and a bit hokey.
Michael L
Mar 19, 2019 rated it it was ok
A romantic romp in Paris, with some interesting plot twists, but stereotypical characters.
Janet
Dec 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book made me smile, read in a day , what else it there to do when its raining ?
Shannon
Oct 29, 2018 rated it liked it
Fun read for the plane or beach chair.
Memizuki
Sep 01, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: own-book
Cute little fast read - a lot of improbabilities which is what annoyed me
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• The Importance of Being Married (Jessica Wild, #1)
  • Trading Up
  • Misery Loves Cabernet (Charlize Edwards, #2)
  • Girls' Night In
  • Girls' Night Out
  • With Or Without You
  • The Little Lady Agency and the Prince (The Little Lady Agency, #3)
  • The Smart One and the Pretty One
  • When in Rome...
  • American Girls about Town
  • The Bachelorette Party
  • Scot On The Rocks: How I Survived My Ex-Boyfriend's Wedding With My Dignity Ever-So Slightly Intact (Brooke Miller, #1)
  • Sleeping Arrangements
  • Frenemies
  • Slightly Settled (Slightly, #2)
  • Babyville
  • Holly's Inbox (Holly's Inbox #1)
  • Swapping Lives
“Sometimes, people want something so much -they see what they want to be but they don't know how to achieve it. - Molly” 4 likes
“People can be so frightened of failing that they do nothing, or choose something so dull they have no chance of shining. - Molly” 4 likes