Start by marking “Griego del Nuevo Testamento = New Testament Greek for Beginners” as Want to Read:
Griego del Nuevo Testamento = New Testament Greek for Beginners

Griego del Nuevo Testamento = New Testament Greek for Beginners

3.95  ·  Rating details ·  135 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
'New Testament Greek' is an essential tool for students who are studying Greek. It is written by an expert: Gresham Machen.This book provides a strong foundation for learning the language used throughout most of the Scriptures.* It is a practical book, rather than theory.* Ideal for those who are starting to learn the language.
Published April 7th 2003 by Vida Publishers (first published 1923)

Be the first to ask a question about Griego del Nuevo Testamento = New Testament Greek for Beginners

Ron
Sep 05, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: writing
Excellent resource. I don't recommend trying to teach yourself Greek--or any other language--but it is a great adjunct to the study. And very helpful for understanding NT Greek once you have the basics.
Joshua Centanni
Jun 13, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: languages
Not a huge fan. Mounce, Black, Croy... the list of those who are more helpful goes on and on.
Wayne
Jun 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What can anyone really say?

This is the classic first year Greek Grammar. The same Grammar my Grandfather used at Multnoma School of the Bible. My grandfather recommended this to me before he passed.

My Chaplain traded his copy to me in exchange for my pocket knife.

I enjoyed teaching myself Greek while I was in the Army from this text.

Wayne
Becca
Feb 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The grammar I cut my teeth on - of course, right before it was revised. (sigh) Still - an excellent grammar.
OK Russell
Mar 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent step by step book on understanding Biblical Greek.
Justin Magdellini
Aug 30, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: greek
Machen is a great writer and that even comes out here in his instruction of Koine Greek. His ability to edit and only give you what is essential and absolutely necessary is refreshing. My only complaint is that there's (at least in this edition) no answer key to facilitate self-learning. I would recommend working in conjunction with a second grammar; preferably one that provides answers to the exercises. However, Machen's ability to communicate troubling and difficult concepts like subjunctives, ...more
John
Dec 11, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: students of the Greek New Testament
Recommended to John by: Dr. John Warwick Montgomery
This book caused many hours of both pain and passion when I was using it as a textbook for a Beginning new Testament Greek class in seminary.
I have referred to it many times since them when trying to understand a passage in the greek New Testament.

I will never forget Dr. John Warwick Montgomery - eminenet scholar and author, making us recite the Greek New Testament while he tickled us, in order to get us to be able to remember it no matter what. :)
Ray
Jan 17, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have to say I found this more challenging than the text we used in my seminary classes (Hewett), but it is worth it if you have the motivation. Work through the whole grammar and you can sight-read koine Greek. Its tough and its grammar, but you can see hints of why Machen's Greek courses at Princeton in the 20s were so popular with the students. He is passionate about the language, its importance and its beauty.
William Dicks
I cut my teeth on Machen's greek text 25 years ago. It is a good text, and it follows the traditional methods of teaching the language.

Now that I am once again trying to renew my knowledge of greek, I am using Mounce's Basics of Biblical Greek.
Terence
Jan 21, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: religion
Oh man I spent years with this book. Great Resource. Liked Efird's much better. But this is a pretty solid book on Greek.
Jackie
Jun 04, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Easy to understand presentation!
Sarah Gothold
Apr 21, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: masochists
this is one to read, re-read and definately read aloud to the kids.
Glenn
Feb 26, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A bit dated, but still a very helpful grammar.
Rebecca
Oct 03, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Still learning Greek, but "done" with this book.
Ginger Griffin
  • Basics of Biblical Greek Grammar
  • A Practical Grammar for Classical Hebrew
  • Biblia Hebraica Stuttgartensia
  • Synopsis of the Four Gospels
  • A Grammar for Biblical Hebrew (Revised Edition)
  • The Apostolic Fathers: Greek Texts and English Translations
  • Commentary on Romans
  • Greek Grammar Beyond the Basics: An Exegetical Syntax of the New Testament
  • A Concise Hebrew and Aramaic Lexicon of the Old Testament
  • New Testament Background: Selected Documents: Revised and Expanded Edition
  • A Greek-English Lexicon of the New Testament & Other Early Christian Literature
  • The Gospel of Luke
  • The First Epistle to the Corinthians
  • Backgrounds of Early Christianity
  • Reading the Old Testament: An Introduction
  • Genesis 1-15 (Word Biblical Commentary #1)
John Gresham Machen was an influential American Presbyterian theologian in the early 20th century. He was the Professor of New Testament at Princeton Seminary between 1915 and 1929, and led a conservative revolt against modernist theology at Princeton and formed Westminster Seminary as a more orthodox alternative. This split was irreconcilable, and Machen led others to form the Orthodox Presbyteri ...more
More about J. Gresham Machen