Start by marking “The Ghost at Camp David (Capital Mysteries Series #12)” as Want to Read:
The Ghost at Camp David (Capital Mysteries Series #12)

The Ghost at Camp David (Capital Mysteries #12)

4.2  ·  Rating details ·  168 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
Capitalize on kids' interest in President Obama, Washington, D.C., and the White House with the newly rebranded Capital Mysteries series
Legend says that on each dead president's birthday, hisghost haunts the grounds of the remote retreat Camp David. But KC and Marshall aren't worried, even though they will be there on October 14, President Eisenhower's birthday. That is,
Published July 27th 2010 by Random House Children's Books (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Ghost at Camp David, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Ghost at Camp David

Rachael Vanderhoof
Ghost at Camp David is about two kids named KC,a brave and adventurous little girl, and Marshall, an easily frightened but witty boy, who go on a weekend retreat with the President of the United States to Camp David. Rumor has it, that past president's come back to haunt the camp on the day of their birthday. The kids discover that today is President Eisenhower's birthday. Will the rumors be true? Will the children get a glimpse of Eisenhower's ghost? Read this book to discover a mystery filled ...more
Luke Ewell
Jan 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 3rd-grade
KC and Marshall are going to Camp David. When they get there the president tells them that on every President's birthday, his ghost haunts Camp David. The day they arrive at Camp David is President Eisenhower's birthday. They hear all these thumping noises from the pipe in the bathroom. They tell the President and he tells them there is a trap door but said he wouldn't tell them where the trap door is. Marshall wants to find it and starts looking. He finds the trapdoor and opens it. The kids get ...more
Laura Smith
Jun 30, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kids
Ron Roy writes great mysteries for kids. They're formulatic, yes. But that's half the fun. The Capital Mysteries have the added value about teaching readers fun facts about Washington DC that don't seem like history lessons at all when they're woven into the plot. I learned all kinds of fun facts about Camp David and giggled alot too, while solving this crime with my kids.
Beverly McCall
May 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed this book tremendously. Great dialog moves this children's book forward. Plot line is succinct. I believe young readers will love this book. This book would make a great read aloud.
Dolly
Feb 03, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
We are really enjoying the Capital Mysteries series by Ron Roy. We just moved to the Washington DC area and love that we are learning more about the various historic locations nearby. Our girls enjoy the exciting plots and I like that they are interested in seeing the places we read about. We are looking forward to the next book, Capital Mysteries #13: Trapped on the D.C. Train! (A Stepping Stone Book, which should be out in May.
Ernie Garcia
Oct 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The book "The Ghost At Camp David" is about KC and her friend Marshall who go to Camp David with president Thornton. When they land they meet Ana who says she works there because Florence has a cold. But really Ana and her husband try robing Aspin Lodge The [presidents cabin. And they trap Ana under witch hazel. This is my favorite book so far in the series " Capital Mysteries."I really liked it thats why I gave it a 5.
Sydney
Oct 13, 2004 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
when legend says that on each of the dead president's birthday it haunts Camp David and KC and Marshall are not afraid because a president's dead birthday is coming up and KC and Marshall will sill be there and then all these weird stuff are happening they don't know if its the ghost that's doing or maybe someone else.
B
The twelth in the Capital Mysteries where readers are introduced to DC places with KC, the President's step daughter, and her best friend Marshall. Pretty light weight reading but I'd hand it to younger readers because of the references to places we can get to very easily living next door to DC. (Well, maybe not Camp David!)
Caleb
Feb 17, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
They have to find the person who is sounding like a ghost, but it's really their maid making sounds cause she had to get left in the tunnel so they can still all the China the presidents give to camp David.
Amy
May 10, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-sfic
Great story! I love this series!
Emily
Jun 01, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Pretty bad. Poor the children!
Feb 22, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was exciting, surprising, and a little bit scary!
Payton
Jun 13, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Its about how weird things happen in Camp David and KC and Marshall want to know who is doing all of that stuff.
Book Wiz
Nov 02, 2010
Rylan
Feb 15, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • The Mystery of Flight 54 (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #12)
  • Zap! I'm A Mind Reader
  • The Pinstripe Ghost (Ballpark Mysteries #2)
  • The Zombie Project
  • The Year of the Fortune Cookie (Anna Wang #3)
  • While You Were Sleeping
  • The Story of Buildings: From the Pyramids to the Sydney Opera House and Beyond
  • The Quest for the Tree Kangaroo: An Expedition to the Cloud Forest of New Guinea (Scientists in the Field Series)
  • Born to Fly
  • Return to Ithaca (Tales from the Odyssey, #5)
  • The Period Book: A Girl's Guide to Growing Up
  • Kaya and Lone Dog: A Friendship Story (American Girls: Kaya, #4)
  • What Color Is My World?: The Lost History of African-American Inventors
  • The Journal Of Biddy Owens, Birmingham, Alabama, 1948
  • Baby Blues 07: I Saw Elvis In My Ultrasound
  • Ick! Yuck! Eew!: Our Gross American History
  • Our 50 States: Our 50 States
  • Mrs. Jeepers' Scariest Halloween Ever (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids Super Special, #7)
Full name: Wallace Ronald Roy
Most known for the children's mystery series "A-Z Mysteries" and "Calendar Mysteries"
More about Ron Roy...

Capital Mysteries (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Who Cloned the President? (Capital Mysteries #1)
  • Kidnapped at the Capital (Capital Mysteries #2)
  • The Skeleton in the Smithsonian (Capital Mysteries #3)
  • A Spy in the White House (Capital Mysteries #4)
  • Who Broke Lincoln's Thumb? (Capital Mysteries, #5)
  • Fireworks at the FBI (Capital Mysteries #6)
  • Trouble at the Treasury (Capital Mysteries #7)
  • Mystery at the Washington Monument (Capital Mysteries #8)
  • A Thief at the National Zoo (Capital Mysteries #9)
  • The Election-Day Disaster (Capital Mysteries #10)