Start by marking “Bon Bon Voyage” as Want to Read:
Bon Bon Voyage

Bon Bon Voyage (A Carolyn Blue Culinary Mystery #8)

Even if Carolyn Blue has to share a cabin with her mother-in-law, she'll still enjoy her Mother's Day present: a gourmet European cruise. That is, until both a female passenger and the double chocolate raspberry mousse go missing.
Published August 7th 2007 by Berkley (first published April 4th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Bon Bon Voyage, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bon Bon Voyage

DonnaCarol
Jul 26, 2012 DonnaCarol rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I have never read such a negative feeling book since reading The Old Curiosity Shop by Dickens. The entire feel of the book was irritating, spiteful,& hateful. The characters were mean to each other. Snappy. No kindness and compassion except for maybe two pages in the entire book. The amount of "human lableing" was offensive even if the characters didn't exactly condone it. I made a list of the "negative" words in this book and it was astounding.
If you want to read a book that will zap the s
Sandra
Too bizarre for words. Only highlight was Luz.
Sandie
Jul 23, 2017 Sandie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a cute story. Though I did not appreciate all the recipes included, I do realize that many people would, so I just skipped over them for the most part. However, I did enjoy the side bar about how marmalade may have gotten it's name.
Tabby Kat
The children of food columnist Carolyn Blue send her on a food cruise sailing the Mediterranean with stops in Spain and North Africa as a Mother's Day present. Carolyn is disappointed that her husband Jason cannot accompany her, but he has a conference to attend in Canada. She asks her friend Luz, an ex cop, to go with her. Luz reluctantly agrees because it is impossible to refuse any request by Carolyn. Carolyn is dismayed that Jason asks his mother to go with Carolyn since two women do not get ...more
Ed
#8 in the Culinary Food Writer series. Uneven entry with utterly hilarious portions and some painfully slow pacing.

Culinary Food Writer series - Even if she must share a cabin with her mother-in-law, food columnist Carolyn Blue admits it's a terrific Mother's Day present: passage on the Bountiful Feast, a gourmet cruise ship sailing to the Canary Islands. But when a female passenger disappears at a port stop and a corpse turns up on board, it's clear to Carolyn that the Bountiful Feast is sailin
Vivian
Feb 22, 2010 Vivian rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2010
I really like the idea of a "culinary mystery", but this didn't quite do it for me. It was REALLY difficult to finish this book (and it's short).
What didn't work for me:
1. Half of the book is Carolyn talking about the history of the places she's visiting or about the foods she's eating. A little would be okay, but it's more than a little.
2. There's no mystery.
Penny
Aug 17, 2010 Penny rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This wasn't a bad book, but it wasn't fantastic either. The main character is so prissy you want to just smack her sometimes. Although I like books with recipes in them, I much prefer the recipes to be at the back of the book, and not at the end of each chapter.
Deb
Jul 08, 2014 Deb rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book of hers that I have read. If you like mystery and humor this book has it all. I really enjoyed the quirky characters especial Luz. This book made me laugh out loud as I was reading it.
For those who like dessert recipes there are many in this book!
Trish
Jul 04, 2011 Trish rated it it was ok
This was a big yawn for me. I'd like to give the author another chance because it was an interesting mystery, but I had a hard time getting into and liking the characters. This is some kind of series that I suspect may have been picked up midseries.
Deborah
Aug 28, 2011 Deborah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I expected a cute light mystery, and ended up with an incredibly wacky, fun mystery. The kind of book you put down grinning. It was totally absurd but very enjoyable. I don't usually make my own desserts, but many of the recipes look simple enough I could make them myself.
C-shaw
Nov 30, 2015 C-shaw rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A cute little "cozy mystery" with recipes. I like Nancy Fairbanks' Carolyn Blue stories, just wish her friend Luz wasn't such a potty-mouth. Implausible story and resolution, but good light entertainment.
Lucy Whitlow
Oct 02, 2007 Lucy Whitlow added it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Food Mystery readers
While I've read a few books by this author, I consider the books so-so. I enjoy the recipes she provides in the books, although I haven't tried any of them.
Beckyj
Dec 17, 2008 Beckyj rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Foodwriter (and sometimes detective) Carolyn Blue solves a murder on-board a cruise ship. An enjoyable story.
Tanya
Jul 19, 2008 Tanya rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: home-library
I'm not proud of this book. It's not very good, and the plot and characters are ridiculously predictable, and yet...when I'm in looking for something to read while I don't think, it's great.
Brenda
Mar 25, 2009 Brenda rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Silly woman, stupid plot. Not one of my faves.
Rebecca
Didn't enjoy this one as much as some of her others.. this plot just seemed a little convoluted yo me..and i had really high hopes for it..which could be why i was mildly let down..
Kathy Warren
Not the greatest read. It started out pretty good. But to much going on and keeping track of the characters was too much.
Sabrina Grace
acctuly, i didnt completely finish this one..i stopped becuase it has it had obsesive swearing...and I didnt really like that!
Anna
Apr 15, 2009 Anna rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A light, fun read, but not much too it.
Katie Robinson
Mar 01, 2013 Katie Robinson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This one was by far my favorite one. I love the comedy and so happy luz is in it. I can only hope my first cruise will be this exciting.
Dawn
Nov 09, 2009 Dawn rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
An ok culinary mystery set on a small cruise ship.
Heather
Jul 07, 2015 Heather rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very good book. It definitely kept my attention.
Kitty
Apr 03, 2011 Kitty rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great book. Well written. Enjoyed it very much.
Sharon
Sep 28, 2008 Sharon rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I almost gave up on this about 1/4 the way through, but
just past halfway and it turned for the better.
Marilyn
Feb 21, 2013 Marilyn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Believable? Maybe not. Funny? Yes!
Linda
May 11, 2012 Linda rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: challenge
I hope I never take a cruise like the one in this book! A bit of an outlandish plot but still entertaining.
Jenn
Nov 08, 2008 Jenn rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Unfortunately, the later books in this series do not tempt me as much as the older ones. I'm not big on ship stories and this mystery set on one did not make me enjoy them any more.
Mary Havlovic
May 12, 2012 Mary Havlovic rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed book
Jessica
Mar 16, 2010 Jessica rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love the characters in this series! And one of these days I have to try the recipes, because all the descriptions of enjoying the food are too tantalizing.
Anna
Sep 14, 2008 Anna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people with cooking interests
Pretty good for the first book I"ve read by her.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • A Broth of Betrayal (Soup Lover's Mystery, #2)
  • Murder on the Minnesota (George Porter Dillman & Genevieve Masefield, #3)
  • A Stiff Risotto (Heaven Lee, #3)
  • Murder by the Slice (A Fresh-Baked Mystery, #2)
  • Roux the Day (Gourmet Detective Mystery, Book 7)
  • A Catered Thanksgiving (A Mystery with Recipes, #7)
  • Mumbo Gumbo (Madeline Bean, #5)
  • How to Crash a Killer Bash (Party Planning, #2)
  • Goody Goody Gunshots (A Candy Shop Mystery, #4)
  • Monsieur Pamplemousse (Monsieur Pamplemousse Mystery, Book 1)
  • Play It Again, Spam (Pennsylvania Dutch Mystery, #7)
  • Murder on the Menu (A Cooking Class Mystery, #2)

A Carolyn Blue Culinary Mystery (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Crime Brûlée (A Carolyn Blue Culinary Mystery, #1)
  • Truffled Feathers (A  Carolyn Blue Culinary Mystery, #2)
  • Death A L'Orange (A  Carolyn Blue Culinary Mystery, #3)
  • Chocolate Quake (A  Carolyn Blue Culinary Mystery, #4)
  • The Perils of Paella (A  Carolyn Blue Culinary Mystery, #5)
  • Holy Guacamole! (A  Carolyn Blue Culinary Mystery, #6)
  • Mozzarella Most Murderous (A  Carolyn Blue Culinary Mystery, #7)
  • French Fried (A  Carolyn Blue Culinary Mystery, #9)
  • Turkey Flambé (A Carolyn Blue Culinary Mystery, #10)
  • Blood Pudding (A Carolyn Blue Culinary Mystery, #11)