Start by marking “Star Guitars: 101 Guitars That Rocked the World” as Want to Read:
Star Guitars: 101 Guitars That Rocked the World

Star Guitars: 101 Guitars That Rocked the World

4.35  ·  Rating details ·  49 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
These are the guitars so famous that their names are often household words: B. B. King’s Lucille, Eric Clapton’s Blackie, Stevie Ray Vaughan’s First Wife, Billy F Gibbons’ Pearly Gates, Neil Young’s Old Black, and many more. Here’s the first-ever illustrated history of the actual guitars of the stars that made the music.

Other best-selling guitar histories look at the rank-
Published October 14th 2010 by Voyageur Press (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Star Guitars, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Star Guitars

Serge Pierro
Jul 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: guitar, music
Guitar aficionados will love this book. Within its pages, is a huge selection of guitarists, and the guitars that they are most associated with. Lots of great pictures and stories, about some of the most important guitars in the history of music! An excellent addition to any guitarists library.
Nick
Aug 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great read for those of us ""music nerds"" who care what guitars were played on classic albums by timeless bands/players. I was able to create a whole list of guitar players that I need to track down and listen to thanks to this book. Rock on!
Derek Hale
May 10, 2011 rated it it was amazing
If you are into coffee table books full of guitar pr0n--make that FAMOUS guitar pr0n--then this is the book for you. Most of the iconic guitars of the past 75 years are covered here. From Django Reinhardt's Selmer guitar to Nels Cline's 1959 Jazzmaster, pretty much eer iconic guitar is covered. The only glaring omission was Randy Rhoads' guitars. They could have featured his 1974 white Gibson Les Paul, his Karl Sandoval Polka Dot Flying V or his white Jackson Randy Rhoads model. Otherwise, a gre ...more
Paul Anderson
Oct 09, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
I won this book as a GoodReads First Read. It is amazing. It's a perfect coffee table book for any guitar lover. It was a lot of fun to read more backstory about some of my personal favorite axes, all represented here: Brian May's Red Special, Slash's Kris Derrig Les Paul Copy, and of course, the king of them all, Rick Nielsen's Custom Hamer 5 necks.
Raunaq Sahu
Jan 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Even though I am broadly aware of these iconic instruments and the myths spun around them, I spent quite a while reading all the write-ups and examining the fantastic pictures very closely. Time very well spent, I say.
Amy Lahr
Sep 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
this is a beautiful, fun book. great photography and creative layouts. i got this with my husband in mind, who recently started playing the guitar.
Amy Beth
Jun 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Fun book. Pearly Gates remains my favorite. :)
Dr. Detroit
Mike
Mar 31, 2012
Sam Motes
Apr 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The axes of the rock gods in all their glory. Loved the read and was engrossed with the images.
Jul 15, 2015