Start by marking “Neuromarketing: Understanding the Buy Buttons in Your Customer's Brain” as Want to Read:
Neuromarketing: Understanding the Buy Buttons in Your Customer's Brain

Neuromarketing: Understanding the Buy Buttons in Your Customer's Brain

How can the latest brain research help increase your sales?

Because paople are inundated daily by an average of 10,000 sales messages, selling is now tougher than ever. That's why you need to learn what neuroscience has uncovered that will immediately increase your selling and influencing effectiveness.

Unveiling the latest brain research and revolutionary marketing practice
Published October 2nd 2007 by Thomas Nelson Publishers (first published January 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Neuromarketing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Neuromarketing

Ash Moran
I have mixed feelings about this. There's some interesting psychology that explains the sales and marketing process, but it's not especially detailed. Also the examples are variable - some I really bought into and will definitely try to replicate, others felt very tenuous.

I recommend reading The Power of Persuasion and A Mind of its Own for a more detailed look at the psychology. I've used the principles in Trust-Based Selling for years, and Neuromarketing supports and enhances this. It's also r
sanny
Reads too much like a salesman manual. I'm not the target audience for this but salespeople might benefit from the technical tips given here.

The underlying concept and advice given were plausible, coherent and applicable to many aspects of life even outside of marketing, it's just that the way they're presented here didn't gel with me. I'd probably look out for books written on similar subjects but with a different slant to it.

Çağlayan Taybaş
Baya iyi kitaptı
Ankit Dikshit
May 21, 2016 Ankit Dikshit rated it really liked it
Key takeaways:
1. How Old brain thinks
2. Four steps to influence decision maker - the old brain.
Isaac
Jul 15, 2017 Isaac rated it liked it
For some reason I didn't think this book would be so literally focused on sales and marketing. Not my field or interest, but I still found some value. There are 100 tips and tricks in this book, but I am skeptical of about half right out the gate. Of the remaining half I thought of most as defensive in that they are interesting and they either explain why salesmen act the way they do or provide me with some defense when dealing with salesmen. Also there was a few that either justify some things ...more
William
Jun 17, 2017 William rated it liked it
One of the best book i read.
Salman Khan
Jul 10, 2017 Salman Khan rated it liked it
Shelves: marketing
A good introduction to Neuromarketing.
Anna
Jun 16, 2017 Anna rated it liked it
Great book for those who are just starting to explore Neuromarketing subject/works in sales or marketing departments but not groundbreaking for those who wants to have deeper knowledge.
David Bradley
Dec 20, 2014 David Bradley rated it it was amazing
I won't say that this book is revolutionary, but it was great.

The more "advanced" you get in a discipline, the less effective you tend to become. Thinking about marketing in an 80/20 sense, the 20% you NEED to know in marketing to give you 80% of your expertise is in this book.

You can build on it by studying copywriting, persuasion, and so on - but I found this to be a good summary of different areas. The greatest benefit I found from this book is the concept of positioning benefits in one of th
Lexie Miller
May 06, 2014 Lexie Miller rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: self-help
Great book for anyone in marketing, media or sales position. Not only with the changing economy but with the ever-changing target markets and consumers this is a great book to read! This book will help you bridge the gap between Baby Boomers to Gen Y and if you are a Gen Y how to sell to the Baby Boomers aka the "Old Brain". This book gives great ground work, examples and steps to make you understand how to makes these connections and continues to remind you throughout the book. This book helped ...more
Doc
Apr 16, 2010 Doc rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nonfiction
A book for salespeople. I am not a salesperson, so I was always aware of the rah, rah, of the sensation of being both the hunter and the hunted.
Nevertheless, the book is clearly and concisely written and applies many of the principals it propounds.
The main thesis is that presenters should aim at the "old brain," the primitive fight-or-flight, what's-in-it-for me lizard brain. I found that idea valid and believe I can apply the principals based on it to the presentations that I have to give, so I
Michael Weaver
As a introductory book it is good but for someone looking for more, it wont deliver. It did well diving into the keep it simple stupid philosophy. He did a adequate job giving an contrast overview between emotional and rationalized motivated purchases which; gave decent ground to these strategies which made them novel at best but were far less than revolutionary. I was also disappointed that the author did not go into any real depth on or spend a lot of time on the functional aspects of cognitiv ...more
Vastine
Sep 07, 2011 Vastine rated it did not like it
Don't read this expecting any in depth study in the correlation between neuroscience and marketing. This is a primer for basic advice for salesmen couched with a few very basic terms in neuroscience. This new field is exploding and I am sure that there is or will be good books written on the subject. Aside form the great cover there is little to recumbent. My first clue should have been when I looked at the list of his sources. Be warned, skip this book!
Ispirian Hovhannes
Dec 16, 2016 Ispirian Hovhannes rated it really liked it
Shelves: communication
Хорошая попытка систематизировать текущие представления о маркетинге, основанные на изучении мозга. Помогает лучше понять механику принятия решения о покупке, однако революционных идей обнаружено не было. Рекомендую к прочтению как новичку в теме, как с точки зрения покупателя, так и увеличения своих продаж автор дает конкретный алгоритм реальных шагов.
Chris San Filippo
Feb 20, 2014 Chris San Filippo rated it liked it
This book was ok. I really like learning about the old "reptilian brain". The one thing I really took from this was how images have a huge effect on first impression. This is helpful if you're in internet marketing and care about conversion rate optimization. Check out www.conversionxl.com/blog for a really detailed explanation of that (not my blog, just a really helpful site).
Nick
Jul 27, 2010 Nick rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
These two marketers take some of the recent findings about the way our minds work and apply them to marketing. The result is a breezy, quick read that looks sometimes like the old marketing -- "make it about the customer, not about you"-- but does contain a number of interesting insights and useful tips for anyone trying to be persuasive and memorable.
Jonathan Drews
Better in Person

Seeing the author present this in a seminar setting had an important impact on my career, but this book is fairly lightweight on the actual topic of neuromarketing. Primarily a book on how to be a more effective salesman, and probably a good one at that. But, for students of applied consumer neuroscience, there are plenty of good alternatives.
Marc  Binkley
The book is interesting and gave me lots to think about. However, I found myself questioning their studies. I'm sure the authors are not making up the content, but I'd rather read about specific studies that the authors then unpack the insights on.
Daniel Reading
Dec 21, 2011 Daniel Reading rated it liked it
No real depth but I guess it does highlight some good sales tips. Or just communication tips in general.
Ali
Sep 07, 2015 Ali rated it liked it
An interesting and short book about the finer points of effective marketing.
Lisa
Jan 25, 2016 Lisa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic info

Loved the book and the science behind it. I have also see Patrick speak twice and the advice is very helpful.
Kevin Harris
Feb 01, 2011 Kevin Harris rated it liked it
Shelves: 2011-book-list
Interesting look into how the brain makes decisions -- will cause you to think about your approach to sales and presentations.
Jon
Dec 01, 2011 Jon is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
So far so great!
Anita
Feb 19, 2015 Anita rated it really liked it
Vodič kako se oduprijeti konzumerizmu ili obrnuto, kako uspješno prodati proizvod/uslugu.
Leonard
Jan 21, 2013 Leonard rated it really liked it
When you learn a great deal about yourself, you've read a good book.
Jerry
Jan 30, 2011 Jerry rated it really liked it
Takes you deep into your brain..deep.
Marianne
I really found this useful, and I'm typically not a fan of "how to" business books.
Kim
Kim rated it it was amazing
Aug 07, 2015
César Paternina
César Paternina rated it liked it
Jul 15, 2014
Dustin Christian
Dustin Christian rated it really liked it
Mar 11, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • The Branded Mind: What Neuroscience Really Tells Us about the Puzzle of the Brain and the Brand
  • The Buying Brain: Secrets for Selling to the Subconscious Mind
  • Brainfluence: 100 Ways to Persuade and Convince Consumers with Neuromarketing
  • The Psychology of Attitude Change and Social Influence
  • Out of Character: Surprising Truths About the Liar, Cheat, Sinner (and Saint) Lurking in All of Us
  • Beyond Culture
  • The Person and the Situation: Perspectives of Social Psychology
  • Numbers Rule Your World: The Hidden Influence of Probabilities and Statistics on Everything You Do
  • Priceless: The Myth of Fair Value (and How to Take Advantage of It)
  • Fascinate: Unlocking the Secret Triggers of Influence, Persuasion, and Captivation
  • Redirect: The Surprising New Science of Psychological Change
  • Brandwashed
  • How Customers Think: Essential Insights into the Mind of the Market
  • Words that Sell
  • Sleights of Mind: What the Neuroscience of Magic Reveals about Our Everyday Deceptions
  • The Optimism Bias: A Tour of the Irrationally Positive Brain
  • Mindfulness
  • Triggers: 30 Sales Tools you can use to Control the Mind of your Prospect to Motivate, Influence and Persuade.

“PAIN as the difference between a desired state and an existing state. To properly diagnose a prospect's PAIN, you simply need to answer the following four questions: 1. What is the source of the prospect's most prominent PAIN? 2. What level or degree is the intensity of that PAIN? 3. What is the level of urgency requiring the PAIN to be solved? 4. Is my prospect aware of and does he/she acknowledge his/her own PAIN?” 0 likes