Start by marking “State of Siege (Tom Clancy's Op-Center, #6)” as Want to Read:
State of Siege (Tom Clancy's Op-Center, #6)

State of Siege (Tom Clancy's Op-Center #6)

3.75  ·  Rating details ·  2,874 Ratings  ·  31 Reviews
Driven by greed, a group of U.N. peacekeeping soldiers becomes involved in activities on the wrong side of the law. When their tour of duty ends, the rogue soldiers devise a shocking scheme to get the world's attention. Demanding one hundred million dollars in ransom, the assassins have taken over the U.N. -- where ambassadors from ten nations have gathered for a gala func ...more
Published December 28th 1999 by Thorndike Press (first published June 7th 1999)

To ask other readers questions about State of Siege, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about State of Siege

Sameer
Jun 30, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I am a long time Clancy Fan. At least for the books he actually DID Write. Those I have read every last one up to and including Threat Vector and love them immensely. Also I do actually like Net Force story line as well (Even there too the distracting Marriage Counselor role is thrust on me.).

The Op center Series in general and this one in particular Grated on my nerves. Given bellow are some of the points that I hate about this Book and the Series in general.

1. Unlike Rainbow Six, here you have
Jonah
Jan 05, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is fantastic and I love how it twists and turns through the entire book. The book starts out slow but for the remainder of the book you never stop seeing new information or having your heart nearly stop out of shock for what just happened. I love this entire series and especially this book. I never could've thought of the plot going the way it did and there are great repercussions for the rest of the series.
chris marsh
Jul 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read

Such an amazing book, so much different cultures and action. History was revealed about things that I didn't know and was very interesting.
Angela Owens
All of his books are exceptional!!! This one had me "hooked" to the end!!" Couldn't put it down...but, it does scare me of what could happen in "today's" world!!
Adiana Ray
Aug 29, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Review of Tom Clancy’s Op-Centre ‘State Of Siege’ by Jeff Rovin

Paul Hood the erstwhile head of The Op-Centre has resigned so that he can try and put his flailing personal life back on track. He leaves behind an organization with a impressive success ratio in all their endeavors to save the world. Yet even as his professional life shines his personal life is dismal. In a desperate bid to make amends, he takes his family for a trip to New York where his eldest daughter will be performing as part o
Dark-Draco
Sep 10, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thriller
I did enjoy it. It's one of a series of books about an elite US Striker force that can be deployed all over the world to 'help' American interests, but this one is personal. Paul Hood, leader of the Op-Centre, has retired to give his failing marriage another go. Him, his wife and son travel to New York where his daughter, Hayleigh, has been chosen to play her violin for a United Nations conference. But a group of ex-soldiers have decided to target the UN building, taking the children and the dip ...more
Dan
Jul 21, 2008 marked it as given-up-reading  ·  review of another edition
Well, it's not often that I don't finish a book I start reading, but sometimes you have to make an exception.

This is the first time I've read (or attempted to read) one of these Tom Clancy books (though it's not actually written by him) and I wasn't impressed sadly.

The writing was ok, nothing special, but far too many characters and back stories were introduced too quickly and rather clumbsily, so you didn't have time to work out who was who before another character popped up and started to bore
Mike
Jan 26, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am new to the op center series, beginning this book I was hooked immediately. It gives the reader a sense of tension coming from the terrorists point of view, the hostages, op center, and tension from many other charcters point of view. There are quite a few charcters to keep track of; that being said the twists and turns the book takes makes it pretty easy to remember all the charcters and their backgrounds. I would reccomend this book it had alot of action and was very hard to put down haha.
Mikhael Belanger
This was my first Tom Clancy book. Even though it is not written only by Clancy and it has no link with the Ryan universe, I still loved this introduction to the politico-thriller style. I went on to read just about everything from Clancy in the following months.

I do not remember the story all that well, but I remember going through it in a single night. I think this is a good enough seal of approval.
Subhodeep Bandopadhyay
Never read a Tom Clancy novel and this was not written by him either.

A good read in the sense that it keeps you on your toes but the level of detail that you expect from books of these kinds are simply not there.

It is too simplistic to say the least. The kidnappers are more like robots that normal human beings and also there is far too less human element in the entire book.

Also not having read the previous books is obviously a hindrance.
please add the book cover 1 1 May 23, 2015 11:44AM
  • Shadow Watch (Tom Clancy's Power Plays, #3)
  • Night Moves (Tom Clancy's Net Force, #3)
  • Fallout (Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell, #4)
  • SSN: A Strategy Guide to Submarine Warfare
  • Safe House (Tom Clancy's Net Force Explorers #10)

Tom Clancy's Op-Center (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • Op-Center (Tom Clancy's Op-Center, #1)
  • Mirror Image (Tom Clancy's Op-Center, #2)
  • Games of State (Tom Clancy's Op-Center, #3)
  • Acts of War (Tom Clancy's Op-Center, #4)
  • Balance of Power (Tom Clancy's Op-Center, #5)
  • Divide and Conquer (Tom Clancy's Op-Center, #7)
  • Line of Control (Tom Clancy's Op-Center, #8)
  • Mission of Honor (Tom Clancy's Op-Center, #9)
  • Sea of Fire (Tom Clancy's Op-Center, #10)
  • Call to Treason (Tom Clancy's Op-Center, #11)