Start by marking “Simply Forbidden (House of Pleasure #6)” as Want to Read:
Simply Forbidden (House of Pleasure #6)

Simply Forbidden

(House Of Pleasure #6)

Your most scorching desires come blissfully true at Madame Helene's Pleasure House--an elite brothel in Regency England where passion has no limits. . .
Nothing's More Satisfying Than. . .

With an unconventional upbringing and a reputation as a shameless flirt, Lisette Delornay-Ross is not your typical young lady of the ton. Unlike her peers, she is not afraid to follow her
Trade Paperback, 325 pages
Published February 2011 by Aphrodisia (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Simply Forbidden, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Simply Forbidden

Start your review of Simply Forbidden (House of Pleasure #6)
jenjn79
Feb 13, 2011 rated it really liked it
Recommended to jenjn79 by: continuation of a series
I do so enjoy this series. And I almost missed this release because I haven't been paying enough attention to release dates. I stumbled on it at B&N and snatched it right up. For me, this is one of the best erotic romance series' I've read and this was another solid, enjoyable addition.

Series Note:
Sixth book in the "House of Pleasure" series. Probably not necessary to read the others before this one, but it would give you a better background picture.

Summary:
As the daughter of the proprietor
Kimberly
Nov 17, 2010 rated it it was amazing
At Madame Helene’s House of Pleasure, nothing is forbidden. In the social world of London’s ton, almost everything is, provided you’re an unmarried woman. Lisette Delornay-Ross is both part and apart of both societies. She’s the daughter of the infamous Madame Helene, and, when she was younger, acted out by enjoying the world of the pleasure house. However, now that her younger, “legitimate” half-sister is coming out into society, Lisette is attempting to be the model of propriety. Neither total ...more
Wenj
Mar 13, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: for-review, read-2011
4.5 STARS

Review provided by Black Lagoon Reviews:

Simply Forbidden, the sixth novel in Kate Pearce's scorching House of Pleasure series, is a wickedly delicious novel that will leave you panting for more. Without a doubt this historical romance series explores the naughtier side of Regency England with sinful eloquence creating a world you will want to visit again and again.

The wonderful flowing writing of Pearce is definitely one of the aspects that I truly enjoyed about this novel. With it she
Lindy
Jan 10, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This is absolutely the best erotic historical romance series out there. I love, love, love Kate Pearce. I'll post my full review once it's written.
============
Lisette Delornay-Ross is not your typical nineteenth century young lady; her mother owns an infamous house of pleasure, and she and her brother were raised abroad. She’s known for her flirtatious ways and she isn’t the innocent miss one might expect. The man who isn’t immediately taken with her charms intrigues her.

Major Lord Gabriel
Jane Stewart
A lot of good erotic sex scenes. The story and characters were ok.

REVIEWER’S OPINION:
This is similar to her other Simply Series books in which a man is tortured in a prison camp. As a result he has unusual sexual desires. This was pretty good. I had no major problems with it. But there was nothing special or “wow” about it. The couple has some arguments. She wants him to express his feelings better and more frequently. The conflicts were not unusual. It seemed more like something to write about
Voirey Linger
Jan 27, 2011 rated it really liked it
Gabriel, the Earl of Swanfield has peculiar tastes in the bedroom. He won't subject a wife to his needs, and he won't have sex outside of marriage. His only option seems to be remaining single. His attraction for the respectable Lisette Delornay-Ross is certainly unacceptable. While Miss Ross certainly seems the adventurous type, she's still a lady and he can't consider letting her know what he really wants.

Or can he?

It seems Lisette might not be as respectable as he believed. She is a woman
Alycia
I'm having a hard time rating this. The first half was a solid 4 stars. An "event"/scene between the hero and heroine changed the story from the similarity of all the previous stories in the series to one that was different. We learn a little bit more about the tortured hero's past (Gabriel). I felt bad that the heroine had to play games with him at first to show she was interested. She acted rash a lot of the time when she was angry, I did think they were a well matched pair. Once the "event" ...more
BRNTerri
Jan 18, 2011 rated it really liked it
This story takes place in England in 1822. The hero is thirty year old Gabriel Swanfield. He has dark hair and blue eyes and is bisexual. The heroine is twenty-one year old Lisette Delornay-Ross. She has light brown hair and hazel eyes. She’s got a twin brother named Christian.

My thoughts: I’m a big fan of this series, having read the two previous ones. I now consider Kate Pearce a favorite author. I enjoyed the sexual chemistry between hero and heroine and wasn’t let down by any of the intimate
C Joy
This one's more like a regency romance with an added erotica. I'm quite glad for the minimal M/M since I only tolerate it when it's lust only. I mentioned in my previous review of Simply Insatiable that I appreciated the love story of Captain David Grey and Robert, Minshom's valet.

A new character, Major Gabriel Swanfield reminded me of those non-erotic historical romances I read before. He has an air of mystery around him and Lisette just can't stand being ignored. I can't say I felt a
Verity
Jan 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mmf
This one was a clear case of 4,5 stars, but as GR doesn't offer that option AND the last two books in this series were such heavy hitters (not to mention ridiculously enjoyable) I felt this one didn't pack as big of a punch. I wish we had learned more about the protagonist's time in Spain, but many not going into such detail makes this book less heavy than the previous ones.
Nevertheless, I'm really enjoying the series and am ready to blaze through the rest of the books.

[image error] photo tumblr_ngcntwuoiw1togmudo5_500_zpsmi0abfgu.gif
Sophie Oak
Jan 29, 2011 rated it it was amazing
A great addition to a great series. I really loved Lisette. She's a heroine after my own heart. It was great to see some of the previous characters. Like everyone else, I can't wait to find out what's going on in Christian's head. I'd also like to see what happens with Paul and Lucky. Kate Pearce is simply divine in my book.
Karen Darling
Jun 13, 2013 rated it it was ok
I could not finish reading this book, it was too much for me. I am staying away from all Kate Pearce's books.
Disneygal
jo_t
Feb 05, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Simply Forbidden by Kate Pearce

Absolute naughtiness . . . which I love.

When Lisette Delornay-Ross meets Lord Gabriel Swanfield among other members of the London aristocracy, neither of them suspect the other true sexual proclivities, although the mutual attraction is inevitable. Unlike the previous books in the House of Pleasure series, Simply Forbidden starts as any romantic Regency historical. What makes it stand out is Kate Pearce’s talent to show the strongly emotional and tumultuous inner
Haelhaelhael
Aug 29, 2011 rated it liked it
Finally the 6th of the series!http://www.smileycodes.info

You cannot imagine how I am so relived that I am about to finish this series.

I'm not much of an erotic reader but I but say that though this series is highly unusual to appeal my taste - it did. Surprisingly. I don't know why this did. The series contains m/m/f, anal, m/m, BDSM, etc.,. Not for the faint heart. I'm not into this kinds of books. I love romance. I love love stories. Not sadomasochism. But probably I'm a masochist myself (only in terms of reading!) so I
Lisa Eugene
Feb 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyed this book. Will read more of this series.
Jenifer
Jan 21, 2016 rated it it was ok
very slow moving most of the book
Christine Seybolt
Apr 15, 2011 rated it really liked it
Enter the exquisite intense erotic world of the House of Pleasure in award-winning romance author Kate Pearce’s stunning SIMPLY FORBIDDEN. It’s sure to whet your appetite and indulge your senses bringing you to a fever pitch of emotional and sensual overload.

Major Lord Gabriel Swanfield is every romance readers dream and then some. Ms. Pearce has crafted masterfully another strong, heroic, devilishly gorgeous—swoon worthy- and deeply tortured alpha male that doesn’t quite see his worth..
Kristy
Apr 02, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2011
I love this series so much, I'm not sure why I ever doubt that I'm going to enjoy one of the books in it. (Especially after I could get through - and COMPLETELY LOVE, I might add - the book about the hated Lorn Minshom.) But this one, featuring Helene's youngest daughter Lisette....I'll admit, I didn't think I would be too keen on. Like I said, why do I have to doubt? LOL

The book starts out with Lisette wondering about the quite Lord Gabriel Swanfield. He's at her father's house to discuss
lavender gorilla
Aug 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Gabrielle and Lisette (h)

this is the first book I've read by this author.

I love the layered complexity and conflict of Gabrielle and Lisette. there were reveals throughout the book which made a compelling read. main characters along with secondaries were unconventional which should've been expected considering the type of story and setting it was done in. I was surprised by their unique personalities of the characters and their consistent nature. I enjoyed reading the struggles of their main
Wordsworth
Nov 15, 2018 rated it liked it
A solid story with some really great moments, and some facepalm-worthy moments of boneheaded ASSumptions and lack of communication. There were some weak passages of writing that were more like the first book (which was in need of a strong editing session), though overall the writing was ok. This story hints at some interesting directions it could have gone with Christian that were not pursued. I can only expect that he gets sorted out in the next book. (But really, lost opportunities here with ...more
Kim
Apr 13, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Simply good...

I've enjoyed this series very much, however this book I found a bit trying. I understand the character, Lissette, was trying to overcome her past mistakes and her up bringing, but honestly after the third or fourth time of her not believing that Gabriel cared, I was done. The issue seemed to drag the storyline. Maybe a second read will change my opinion, but I'm off to the next book in the series.
Swathi
Apr 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, erotica
Ok I picked this one by mere chance. Historical romance is not my cup of tea, but somehow i liked the book, because romance didnt blind the story. It had a plot, family ties and stuff and romance added the strength of the brew. It may not be my last in the series because I am looking forward to read Christian’s story..
JiMina Heart
Nov 08, 2019 rated it did not like it
Th heroine is a complicated one. I can't say she's like those females I know of who can be pain in the butt. She has those qualities that I admire but many qualities that I abhors.
And I thought the m-m only will be described and happened on the hero's past. Well it isn't, I should have expected that from this author lol she never seize to surprise me.
TinaMarie
Jun 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ayah A.
May 03, 2018 rated it liked it
Pleasantly surprised. This novel is as steamy as it is heartwarming. At times it has the sentimentality of an awkward TV special, and some plot lines felt a little over simplified. I was largely convinced by the romance, though, and I enjoyed the dynamics between the characters.
lili kydland
Sep 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Not my fave in this series
Susan
May 22, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very graphic and overall I enjoyed it, however the main characters were obnoxious at times and the storyline seemed rather modern and unbelievable considering the times.
Diana~ (Kiss Me Books)
If you have read a Kate Pearce book before, you would know that her books tend to have a lot of erotic scenes. This book was slightly different from the rest... but it still has the same structure and plot. The hero of this story, Gabriel Swanfield, is a rather complicated and tortured man with a lot of secrets while the heroine is also complicated due to her reputation and adventurous soul. The chemistry between the two starts out with a bang but because of Gabriel's intention to never wed a ...more
Letschat1974
Aug 29, 2019 rated it liked it
Stars 3/4 (Kate Pearce, Maureen Driscoll, Elisa Braden)

Hey fellow readers I don’t summarize the books (as there are always great full summaries written that I read myself).

I only give it my personal, general, summary of 5 stars to 1 star.

3 stars: This book is worth a read but didn’t really have me excited about interacting with the book where I could not put it down. It lacks the excitement and well roundness of my personal markers for a great read throughout the book.

Development and interest
« previous 1 3 next »

• Everything Forbidden (Albright Sisters, #1)
  • Reckless (The House of Rohan, #2)
  • Sin (Rodesson's Daughters, #1)
  • The Scandalous Diary of Lily Layton (Sweetest Taboo #3)
  • Taboo (Albright Sisters, #2.5)
  • Black Silk (Rodesson's Daughters, #2)
  • The Stranger I Married
  • An Affair in Winter (Seasons, #1)
  • An Introduction to Pleasure (Mistress Matchmaker, #1)
  • Her Mystery Duke
  • The Villain (The Villain #1)
  • Scandalous Liaisons
  • Seven Years to Sin
  • The Awakening of Ivy Leavold (Markham Hall, #1)
  • For Desire Alone (Mistress Matchmaker, #2)
  • The Duke Is Mine (Fairy Tales, #3)
  • Deepest Desires of a Wicked Duke (The Wicked Dukes, #3)
  • Anchor and Storm
NYT and USA Today bestselling author Kate Pearce was born into a large family of girls in England, and spent much of her childhood living very happily in a dream world. Despite being told that she really needed to 'get with the program', she graduated from the University College of Wales with an honors degree in history.

A move to the USA finally allowed her to fulfill her dreams and sit down and

House Of Pleasure (9 books)
  • Simply Sexual (House of Pleasure #1)
  • Simply Sinful (House of Pleasure #2)
  • Simply Shameless (House of Pleasure #3)
  • Simply Wicked (House of Pleasure #4)
  • Simply Insatiable (House of Pleasure #5)
  • Simply Carnal (House of Pleasure #7)
  • Simply Voracious (House of Pleasure #8)
  • Simply Scandalous (House of Pleasure, #9)
“You’re far from stupid and I am far too attracted to you. There is no reason for it, either, because all you do is bully me.”
“I do not bully you.”
“What do you call this?”
“Gentle persuasion.”