Start by marking “The 17 Indisputable Laws of Teamwork: Embrace Them and Empower Your Team” as Want to Read:
The 17 Indisputable Laws of Teamwork: Embrace Them and Empower Your Team

The 17 Indisputable Laws of Teamwork: Embrace Them and Empower Your Team

Building and maintaining a successful team is no simpletask. Even people who have taken their teams to the highest level in theirfield have difficulty recreating what accounted for their successes. Is it astrong work ethic? Is it “chemistry”? What tools can you wrap your hands aroundto build–or rebuild–your team?

In The 17 Indisputable Laws of Teamwork, leadership expertand
Published July 29th 2001 by HarperCollins Leadership (first published 2001)

To ask other readers questions about The 17 Indisputable Laws of Teamwork, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The 17 Indisputable Laws of Teamwork

Mat Rueter
Apr 28, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone in or leading a team
One thing I learned is the following:

The Wrong Person in the Wrong Place = Regression
The Wrong Person in the Right Place = Frustration
The Right Person in the Wrong Place = Confusion
The Right Person in the Right Place = Progression
The Right People in the Right Places = Multiplication
Todd Sherman
Jul 09, 2013 rated it it was ok
I am about 1/2 way through it and thus far it is feeling very light. It is full of examples of other teams but missing meaningful concrete exercises to become a better team member. That is, the book concentrates on mantras like, "To be a better team member you need to sacrifice more." Here are examples of sacrifice. This is not helpful. It is equivalent to saying to someone "You need to save more money to get out of debt." But not identifying how to go about that. I will update the review when I ...more
Daryl
Feb 01, 2008 rated it did not like it
There is no greater fan of John Maxwell than John Maxwell. He loves to highlight his own successes ad nauseum.

His "laws" are highly and easily debatable. I read this as part of reading group at work. To have a discussion on any chapter with a positive result was difficult. We usually ended up discussing how we would have written the chapter.

It was difficult to get through.
Belal Khan
May 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
is read this immediately after the laws of leadership. some of the content repeats from the previous book, but stuff is a must read if you're looking to build teams and multiply your influence.
Viktor Zakharchenko
May 23, 2011 rated it liked it
Благодаря сервису getabstract.com я познакомился с книгой Джона Максвелла. Книга аж 2001 года, но с того времени мало что изменилось в умении бизнес-авторов размазывать мысль на длинные списки. Отфильтровав саммари книги (а бывает и такое!), предлагаю 4 простых правила, которые есть и в самом источнике, и в моей голове - стараюсь их использовать в работе.

1. Побеждают команды, а не отдельные личности. Ответственность может быть только общей.

2. Ритм команды зависит от скорости самого медленного. О
Bernard Bentley
Mar 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book is a literal road map to just about anything you want to accomplish in life. From raising a family to Counseling and even building a business. John Maxwell what does a great job detailing the importance of teamwork and how one person is too small number for greatness. Teamwork really does make the dream work.
Patrice
Apr 21, 2009 rated it it was amazing
John Maxwell A+ yet again! This book is perfect for anyone who is in an environment where teamwork is essential...which nowadays is pretty much everywhere. After reading, I'd suggest using in conjunction with the video and workbook as a team building/learning situation with your team. He adds humor with the teaching so its not boring at all, promise! LOVE JOHN MAXWELL AS A TEACHER!!!
Hillary
Sep 07, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: business
As good as his other book - common sense, but stuff that needs reminding every once in a while.
Nathan Albright
Nov 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Though some of the examples are a bit dated (for example, any reader of this book ought to get a few chuckles out of the praise that its author, John Maxwell, gives to the crooks who ran Enron for their innovative thinking), this book ought to provide encouragement to a wide variety of readers so long as they are well-versed with business language and are at least moderately fond of sports examples. If you are a fan of Maxwell’s 21 Indisputable Laws of Leadership (which are briefly recapped in t ...more
John
Jul 20, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: season-12
I had high hopes for this book. I really wanted some good lessons and principles on teamwork, team-building and team leadership.

Instead, I got a bunch of lists of (mostly) common sense items: Your team is only as good as its weakest link, great teammates take it further, great team leaders inspire the team, your team needs a vision, teammates with bad attitudes bring the whole team down, etc., etc.

And then for each item on the list, there was another sub-list of truths about that item.

Dry read
Jonathan
Jan 16, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: management
Very much detail oriented, author split each characteristics with his own and adding inspiring stories into it. Quotes are wonderful to read. Something what I missed is, how to work as a team more examples related to that, for example, Eisenhower, how he managed his team during world war. Gandhi how he gathered people for his movement, what attribute or special characteristics with leaders which can influence teamwork, how team members can influence the leaders or others, can be sighted with per ...more
Ian McGaffey
Oct 31, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a very I delightful book that provides many methods to create a better team. I particularly enjoyed how the author provides helpful tips at the end of each chapter for both team members and team leaders. You won't always be a team leader or member and knowing both sides can provide guidance and insight. I look forward to reading more from Mr. Maxwell I. the future.
Ernesto Osorno
Nov 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: leadership, favorites
John Maxwell nos brinda este excelente libro para cualquier persona que tiene que trabajar en un equipo o es líder de un equipo, con muchos tips por aplicar en la vida cotidiana.

Título indispensable en la biblioteca personal y de consulta constante durante toda nuestra vida
Wankel
Sep 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fenomenal

Excelente libro para crecer como líder y hacer crecer nuestro equipo de trabajo.
Cada ley nos da nuevos matices que en la práctica no se nos hacen difícil de implementar si le ponemos empeño y dedicación.
Jonathan
Feb 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
These laws will help any leader or team member realize what their place is on the team, or to know if they have no place on the team. Because of this book I was able to direct my team better and renew passion to be there.
Antony Alvarez Caballero
Bastante bien. Útil

Me parece que el libro es bueno. Me gusta que ejemplifica bastante bien, no me gusta que tiene un enfoque muy deportivo. Recomiendo en libro para líderes en formación o jefaturas que quieran un nuevo impulso o ideas.
Estalin Peña
Jan 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesante lo que dice y cómo lo plantea.
Jacob
Sep 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is amazing. I want to pass it on and share it with everyone!
Brian Ridge
Jan 22, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: management
A tad light for my taste and some of the leadership examples were pretty dubious (Enron, really?). But still, there was some good advice here and there.
Mwerevu
Aug 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love how detailed John Maxwell is with his books. Yet another great read. Lots of lessons to implement.

Herrmess
Mar 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
کتابهای جان سی ماکسول بیشتر تخصصی رهبری(لیدرشیپ) در کارهاست ولی خوندش برای دیگران باعث رشد تفکر و اعتماد به نفس و حرکت از سکون به سمت هدف میشه ...more
Vegajose
Mar 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recomendado para compartirlo con tu equipo de trabajo.
O. Stephen Peart
Feb 03, 2019 rated it liked it
A great read for teams. Some great principles share to foster collaboration and team development. If your team commits to read and execute, it will transform the way your work with people.
Ruth
Sep 15, 2017 rated it it was ok
This book is simplistic, dated, and seems to have been written simply so the author could name-drop.
Candace
Nov 16, 2017 rated it liked it
Good book for managers. Easy read, but thought provoking. Leads to great discussion.
Seena Zarie
Jan 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I read the book in Arabic and it was amazing. The book is wonderful and full of useful information and stories.
Matthew Stetz
Oct 18, 2018 rated it liked it
Big name dropper this guy.
Richard Gombert
Jun 27, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2018, books24x7, audio
Dated.
May 03, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fast read with some good key takeaways. Really easy to follow. Too many sports analogies for me, and a little too male-dominate.
Dale Critchley
Jul 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lois of great information. Succinct. I need a summary of the list to keep handy and review periodically.
  • Putting the One Minute Manager to Work: How to Turn the 3 Secrets into Skills
  • Focus: Achieving Your Highest Priorities
  • A Work of Heart: Understanding How God Shapes Spiritual Leaders
  • Influence Without Authority
  • Spiritual Leadership: Moving People on to God's Agenda
  • Visioneering: God's Blueprint for Developing and Maintaining Personal Vision
  • The Secret Gospel of Ireland: The Untold Story of How Science and Democracy Descended from a Remarkable Form of Christianity That Developed in Ancient Ireland
  • You Don't Need a Title to Be a Leader: How Anyone, Anywhere, Can Make a Positive Difference
  • Transforming Children Into Spiritual Champions: Why Children Should Be Your Church's #1 Priority
  • Sticky Teams: Keeping Your Leadership Team and Staff on the Same Page
  • Courageous Leadership
  • Night of the Living Dead Christian: One Man's Ferociously Funny Quest to Discover What It Means to Be Truly Transformed
  • Business By The Book: Complete Guide of Biblical Principles for the Workplace
  • The Mentor Leader: Secrets to Building People and Teams That Win Consistently
  • The Five Temptations of a CEO: A Leadership Fable
  • The Purpose Driven Church: Every Church Is Big in God's Eyes
John C. Maxwell is an internationally recognized leadership expert, speaker, and author who has sold over 16 million books. His organizations have trained more than 2 million leaders worldwide. Dr. Maxwell is the founder of EQUIP and INJOY Stewardship Services. Every year he speaks to Fortune 500 companies, international government leaders, and audiences as diverse as the United States Military Ac ...more
“It's better to prepare than to repair.” 21 likes
“For the person trying to do everything alone, the game really is over. If you want to do something big, you must link up with others. One is too small a number to achieve greatness. That’s the Law of Significance.” 4 likes