Start by marking “Stay Tuned for Danger (The Nancy Drew Files, #17)” as Want to Read:
Stay Tuned for Danger (The Nancy Drew Files, #17)

Stay Tuned for Danger

(Nancy Drew Files #17)

Imagine-a chance to work as extra's on TV's top soap opera, with America's heartthrob, Rick Arlen! Bess is dazzled when she and Nancy are invited on the show by Rick's beautiful co-star Mattie Jensen. She's alarmed because the handsome actor has received some nasty threats-from a slashed photo to doctored chocolates.
Published November 1st 1987 by Pocket Books (first published January 1st 1987)

To ask other readers questions about Stay Tuned for Danger, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stay Tuned for Danger

Start your review of Stay Tuned for Danger (The Nancy Drew Files, #17)
Samantha
Oct 23, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2019, nancy-drew
Nancy Drew along with a friend Bess Marvin travels to New York to visit her Aunt Eloise for a vacation but before she’s even unpacked Eloise reveals that her neighbour is the soap actress Mattie Jensen who is very worried about her co-star and ex-boyfriend Rick Arlen who has received death threats. Bess is ecstatic at the idea of meeting the hearthrob of her favourite soap and insists Nancy takes the case.

The story feels all a bit of a rush. There is not as much detail in the description and bac
Gauri
Jan 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: nancy-drew-games
I was pleasantly surprised by this book! The plot was engaging, the writing wasn't bad at all, and it even closely resembled the Nancy Drew computer game it inspired! This was fun to read.
Kavita
Feb 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery, usa
Nancy and Bess are off to New York to spend a relaxing weekend with Nancy's Aunt Eloise. But where Nancy goes, mystery follows. Aunt Eloise asks Nancy to help out a neighbor. Nancy is reluctant at first, but is persuaded by Bess to investigate.

By Bess, you ask, astonished! Well, don't worry, there's a good reason behind it. The client is a famous actress! Mattie Jensen is worried about the death threats that he co-lead on a popular show is serious. This takes the two to a TV set and Bess (once a
Victoria Budkey
Nov 15, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Definitely way more PG-13 than most ND books. The culprit is actually insane, and tells Nancy they're recording her death to watch over and over. A bit more twisted than most of these culprits.
But still, good book.
Jerry
Mar 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
Like usual, this series delivers. I had missed reading these; hopefully, I can get back to reading them regularly like I had been doing.
Samantha Bartley
Jun 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013, nancy-drew
August 2019: I read this book quite awhile ago, but decided since I have been reading Nancy Drew books that inspired the games, I should pull this one out again, since this game is one of my absolute favorites. I think I enjoyed the book more the second time around. I gave it four stars back in 2011, but part of me feels like I would up that rating now. Now that I've played through the entire series several times and have had time to analyze the characters, plots, settings, etc. I have decided t ...more
Whitney Emmett
Jul 14, 2020 rated it liked it
I liked the story, but Nancy was super bitchy and judgmental. Game was definitely better. Lol
Amber
Jul 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.75
Rod
Jul 04, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
More of a mystery, but not really solved by her at the end (actress also makes mistake in pining after slutty actor)
H.s.khan
Good plot, nicely written. This is the first of this series I’ve read. And it got me interested to read more.
Rajasree Jayaram
Feb 10, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery
What can I say? Typical Nancy Drew, with adoring Ned in the background. A slightly interesting glimpse into the sets of a soap opera
Nicole
Oct 16, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Boyfriend was surprised I never read a Hardy Boys / Nancy Drew book sooo I read one. I’m obviously not the target demographic since this is middle grade but this was just messy.
K.L.
Nov 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Nancy and Bess go to work as extras on a popular soap when the lead actor is sent threatening notes. Quite enjoyable
Nat
Nov 28, 2013 rated it it was ok
I thought this would be good because it was about soap operas and a hot actor on the show. I love James Scott as EJ DiMera on Days of our lives; that man is too talented and attractive for his own good!

This book, was NOT as good as I had thought. Not at all. It was OK, but that's about it.
Priyanka
Sep 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
How many ever times i reread Nancy Drew books, i just never get bored of it!
Myne
Jul 28, 2011 added it
borrrrrrrrrrrrrrrring

Jordan
Dec 17, 2012 rated it really liked it
I love the Nancy drew books and this is one of the best
Kaitlyn
Feb 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Good book loved the suspense
Jinu Mary
Wisob1
Jul 19, 2010

• Ghostbusters Movie Novelization
  • Brave: The Junior Novelization
  • Dead in Bed (Sweetfern Harbor #2)
  • Posies and Poison (Sweetfern Harbor #1)
  • Captain Dead Man (Sweetfern Harbor #3)
  • Diary of a Wimpy Vampire (Wimpy Vampire, #1)
  • The House on the Cliff (The Hardy Boys, #2)
  • Escape!
  • The Adventure of the Cardboard Box
  • More Weird Things Customers Say in Bookshops
  • Judy Moody was in a Mood. Not a Good Mood. A Bad Mood. (Judy Moody #1)
  • Just Jake (Just Jake, #1)
  • The Story of Doctor Dolittle (Doctor Dolittle, #1)
  • Inspector Flytrap
  • Inspector Flytrap in The President’s Mane Is Missing (Inspector Flytrap #2)
  • Phantom of the Auditorium (Goosebumps, #24)
  • Don't Go to Sleep! (Goosebumps, #54)
  • Inspector Flytrap in The Goat Who Chewed Too Much (Inspector Flytrap #3)

Edna and Harriet Stratemeyer inherited the company from their father Edward Str

Nancy Drew Files (1 - 10 of 124 books)
  • Secrets Can Kill (Nancy Drew Files, #1)
  • Deadly Intent (The Nancy Drew Files, #2)
  • Murder On Ice (Nancy Drew Files, #3)
  • Smile and Say Murder (Nancy Drew Files, #4)
  • Hit and Run Holiday (Nancy Drew Files, #5)
  • White Water Terror (Nancy Drew Files, #6)
  • Deadly Doubles (Nancy Drew Files, #7)
  • Two Points to Murder (Nancy Drew Files, #8)
  • False Moves (Nancy Drew Files, #9)
  • Buried Secrets (The Nancy Drew Files, #10)