Start by marking “Kiss Me, Kate (The Madison Stories, #1)” as Want to Read:
Kiss Me, Kate (The Madison Stories, #1)

Kiss Me, Kate

(The Madison Stories #1)

Kate is blindsided when her husband cleans out their house and bank account before skipping town with another woman. Desperate to get out of her sister’s apartment, Kate jumps at the chance to help Rick and Wes, DEA agents whose latest case finds them in urgent need of a house-sitter. Taking care of the old farmhouse is just what she needed. As the months pass, a stronger ...more
Published (first published September 24th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Kiss Me, Kate, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kiss Me, Kate

Cyn Mistress Kitty
Nikki
This was a quick but hot and fun book. I liked the characters and the whole thing felt very realistic. Can't wait to see how Wes and Jill make out (hee hee)
Netanella
Apr 21, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporary, romance
Chubby librarian turns into small town hottie over the course of a year while housesitting a farm house and exchanging emails with out-of-town DEA agent. Very, very nicely done - usually these stories seem to happen over the course of a week or so, and the fact that the development of the relationship between Rick and Kate occured over the course of a year, via email, was very realistic and engaging. A very good read - I look forward to more by the author.
Heather in FL
Great story. I loved the building relationship through email. I loved it when they got together in person. It was just a great falling-in-love story. Pretty hot, too. I wonder if there will be a follow-up with Wes and Jill? Or maybe there already is? As usual with a Mari Carr book, there's also lots of humor.
Melissa
I liked this book. Kate's struggle to turn her life around and get to a point where she was happy to be herself and with what she was doing really resonated with me. I think most woman can empathize with how a bad relationship can really mess you up for a while, even if it is a good thing that it is over. This story starts out with Kate who is recently separated from her cheating husband showing up at Rick and Wes house to house sit while they are away on a lengthy assignment. Kate starts out la ...more
Katie
Oct 06, 2012 rated it really liked it
This book was adorable. Having just read a not-so-great one from this author, I wasn't expecting much, but was pleasantly surprised by the chemistry these characters shared and how believable their emotions were.

The whole crazy ex-husband thing was a bit much to take, but did add conflict, I suppose. Though going from a completely indifferent bastard to psycho almost-rapist was absurd.

Hot story, likable characters; overall a win.
Cindy
Aug 18, 2012 rated it it was ok
I think Kristen Ashley ruined me for other contemporary adult romance. This is the 3rd book in a row I've not gotten into at all. Flat and formulatic. I feel like I don't even know the characters. If this is 'edited' up books, I'll pass.

*sigh* Guess it's time to hit some of the paranormal or YA's on my to-read list.
Ginette
this was an OK read, hot scenes, characters were OK, storyline was OK, I just felt it could of been more....again just my opinion
Martha
Jul 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kate is soon to be divorced from the town lawyer and is looking for work and a place to live. She finds a job taking care of a homestead for 2 bachelors because they are getting ready to go on a mission for a long time. She moves into their home and does little house repairs, takes care of the land, plants a vegetable garden and continues through correspondence to keep them informed of what is happening in their small town. She and Rick fall in love through the letters and decide to continue liv ...more
Melinda Hennies
Jan 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sizzling Fun

Kate goes to house sit for Rick and Wes and little did she know that emailing Rick would led to having feelings for him.
Rick looks forward to the emails while he his is away on assignment
What he didn't know was how he falls for Kate. He knows she has had a hard time but finds that he wants her and has decided he will have and keep her.
Rick shows Kate she can trust him and can learn alot from him!
SandyL
After Kate's husband leaves her with nothing, Kate is relieved to take on a job house and pet sitting for Rick and Wes while they are off on assignment. Rick is a DEA agent and doesn't want to leave his dog in boarding! While away, he and Kate strike up an email friendship which each is hoping might lead to more. Although I liked this story well enough, I didn't enjoy it was much as some of the author's other books. Still, it's short and sexy and and easy read.
☽ Rhiannon ✭ Mistwalker ☾
I picked this up because I thought it would be about a chubby heroine, but she was only 20 lbs overweight, and then lost all the weight pretty quickly in the beginning. I don't really like the books where the heroine loses weight, really; why can't she have been awesome and beautiful and complete when she was chubby? (Not that I think that 20 lbs "overweight"is chubby, really.) It was cute and I liked it well enough, but it just wasn't my thing. Despite liking it in the bedroom, I can't seem to ...more
Sara
Feb 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed reading this book. It was a quick read but I did not feel like part of the book was left out. Can't wait to read the next one in this series. I would have liked to see more done to punish the ex husband though. Well written and a great story line.
Karen Wilson
First book I've read by this author.

I'm not sure if I'm just burned out but this didn't quite do it for me. Characters were great, I'll probably read Wes' story.

Story was pretty direct. No stupid surprises.
Renee
Jan 29, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really good book! Loved Rick (H) and Kate (h)! Loved how Kate changed herself for herself and not for someone else, loved her confidence and totally understood her reluctance about getting into a serious relationship with Rick. Liked Wes and Jill as well (will grab this book too) Sex **
Elizabeth
Sep 05, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
My new favourite Author!!!!
Nikki
Jan 12, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was a good read. It's a series so ill need to finish it up and see what happens.
Cindy
Jan 09, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was sweet and hot...enjoyed it.
Brandy
Apr 19, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another sigh worthy story from Mari Carr. I love the characters, setting, emotional growth.. all of it.
E_bookpushers
Entertaining read. Need to find the sequel. I think this might be a re-read but can't be sure of that.
Aelliana
Jul 31, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2011, series
Meh.
Kristy
Apr 23, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
review coming soon
Laura's Book Addiction
Enjoyable read with a lovely premise
Monique Ito
Jan 31, 2013
Kelly
Apr 27, 2014

• Creative License
  • Running Bare (Bare Love, #5)
  • The Banshee and the Linebacker
  • Something About Polly (Bedlingham, #2)
  • Flash Point  (Holding Out For a Hero, #3)
  • Shifting Gears (Cougar Challenge, #15)
  • Raw Silk
  • Chasing Her Tail
  • Take Your Pick
  • Jackson's Rise (Wolf’s Heritage, #4)
  • A Kept Woman
  • Position Secured
  • To the Max
  • If You Believe (Unbelievable, #1)
  • Silk
  • Unwrapped
  • A Little Bit Naughty (Tahoe Nights, #1)
  • Rachel's Seduction (Cattleman's Club, #3)
Writing a book was number one on Mari Carr’s bucket list. A New York Times and USA TODAY bestseller, Mari’s computer is now jammed full of stories — novels, novellas, short stories and dead-ends.
Mari writes contemporary sexy romance novels. To learn more about her spicy stories, click here.
Join her newsletter so you don't miss new releases and for exclusive subscriber-only content.
Find Mari on th

The Madison Stories (2 books)
  • Three Reasons Why (The Madison Stories, #2)