Start by marking “The Rover Adventures” as Want to Read:
The Rover Adventures

The Rover Adventures

(Rover Adventures Trilogy)

This special edition contains three classic Rover adventures. The stories included are 'The Giggler Treatment', 'Rover Saves Christmas', and 'The Meanwhile Adventures'.
Published October 1st 2009 by Scholastic (first published November 5th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about The Rover Adventures, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Rover Adventures

Marianne
Dec 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the funniest book I read in my entire life. I read Rover's Christmas for the first time in french when I was eight and i've re-read st least seven times since then. I can tell you the french translation is excellent.I would recommend this book to children as young as seven years old but teenagers could like it too.
I liked all of the stories equally and I laughed at every page. The book was perfect, it was fun, original, absurd and unexpected. :)
Shannon
Apr 13, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s-books
I read this out loud to my son (7) and he loved it and laughed continuously, causing me to rethink this as a bedtime story!

This is a great book for young boys who are fascinated with dog poo and almost stepping in it.

The only reason I did not give this anthology 5 stars was because we didn't like the last story (the meanwhile adventures) quite as much as the others.

I would recommend this book to anyone who has a kid who isn't interested in books and who has reached that particular age where bur
Aisling
Oct 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved these books in primary school they were awesome and the best thing was I had to read them for school. So I got good marks while laughing my pants off
Lara
Aug 26, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
i guess im a bit mean for giving it three stars but...well im the giggler treatment theres too much POO!!but i guess the rest are funny. very, very ridiculous though:p
MrFancyCat125
A really goofy and funny Roddy Doyle set of books. I bought this mash-up of the three simply just because it was easy. I believe this is one of his only set of things that was for children - most of his books aren't. Rover is the funniest dog in the world - I particularly adore the Christmas novel - Rover Saves Christmas. I didn't like some of the aspects of the stories - but I did enjoy it enough to give an ok 3 stars.
Mia Nic
Nov 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was an amazing book
I loved all three books
They were so funny and interesting
Louise (A Strong Belief in Wicker)
Three books in one, and a special one because we bought it on holiday in Dublin. The first- The Giggler Treatment, is about little creature called Gigglers who seek revenge on adults who are mean to kids. Let's just say that The Giggler Treatment involves quite a lot of dog poo. Very funny stuff for kids. And enough to kep the adult readers entertained too. The second story Santa calls on Rover to help save Christmas. The basic story is funny, but it's too long overall and it devolves somewhat i ...more
Mae
May 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
This book has 3 stories. The Giggler Treatment I like a bit. There's Rover Saves Christmas, which I haven't read yet. And The Meanwhile Adventures, which I like a lot. The Meanwhile Adventures is also very funny, especially when they say 'boring'. They say that nearly 20 times in the story! The Giggler Treatment is nice because they give adults the giggler treatment, who have been mean to their children. Rover makes the poo. Robby, Jimmy and Kayla's dad gets the giggler treatment because he sent ...more
Ryan
Nov 04, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
This book is about three little men who give the giggler treatment. I'm not going to tell you what the giggler treatment is but if you read this book you will find out. This book is a great book and one of my favorites.

I liked this book very much. I think the giggler treatment should happen in real life but it doesn't so to bad for me. I think this book would be a book I liked and you know me i don't like many books but I liked this book.

I recommened this book to alot of people nwho don't lik
Roane Swindon
Jan 19, 2015 rated it it was ok
I know I don't fit this novel's target market, so perhaps this is unfair comment, but the actual entertainment value, uniqueness, and fun in these books is completely negated by the authorial intrusions and hopping back to forth between chapters. Indeed, the book is filled with wastes of space. I know JK Rowling called Doyle a 'genius', and perhaps he is when you consider the main plots, but to me his technique is simply annoying and distracting.
Lucy June Whitefords
I got this book as a gift a few years back, and I started reading it. I was in Grade Two, and it was my first novel I read by myself, and I totally laughed out loud! It was a dream book for me. I agree with J K Rowling: "Roddy Doyle is an absolute genius!" I gave it to my little cousin (who likes poo) for Christmas, and we read it together. We both giggled a lot.
crazy-book-lady
My 6 year old twins adore this book. They laughed so hard that it almost resulted in bodily injuries (i.e. falling off the bed). It has become a family favourite and we wish Roddy Doyle would write more Rover adventures (or at least kids' books). Isn't that interesting?
F.J. Commelin
Jan 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s-books
Absolutely wonderful nonsens.
Keep all your disbelief behind and say : I believe in Rover the talking, pooing, computering dog.
The adventures are all his three adventures in one cover and that with the joy enhancing illustrations by Brian Ajhar.
candybookzilla
Jun 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It took me awhile to finish reading this book. It was SO Hilarious! The characters, dialogues, story, writing ALL of it were so hilarious! I can't stop my smile and laugh every time! Definitely rating it 5 stars!
Elizabeth
Dec 04, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
this book is great
Avery Liu
Jul 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This series is really funny. I have this book and my favourite story is The Giggler Treatment.
Peter
Mar 30, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Chris G
(3.5 stars)
F.J. Commelin
Dec 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christmas
Roddy Doyle wrote these three totally weird adventures and coupled with the great illustrations it's one of the most funny Christmas books ever.
Luis Adriano
Jan 01, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Meanwhile, I still remember, with much affection, enjoying these with my daughter when she was younger.
Ellie
Feb 26, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So funny!!!! That's basically all I have to say! :)
Lise Martino
Feb 05, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • The Adventures of Grandfather Frog
  • Ginger the Stray Kitten
  • Under the Stars (Dolphin Diaries #4)
  • Horten's Incredible Illusions: Magic, Mystery & Another Very Strange Adventure (Horten's Miraculous Mechanisms #2)
  • Star Jumper: Journal of a Cardboard Genius
  • Who Stole the Wizard of Oz?
  • Friendship According to Humphrey (According to Humphrey, #2)
  • The Sons of Macha (Shadowmagic, #3)
  • Gooseberry Park
  • The Dragonling (The Dragonling, #1)
  • My Dad's Got An Alligator
  • Bear with Me
  • Zilvertand
  • The Absolutely Amazing Adventures of Agent Auggie Spinoza
  • May Contain Nuts (The World of Norm #1)
  • The Great Escape (Tumtum and Nutmeg #2)
  • Felicity Floo Visits the Zoo
  • Lulu and the Dog from the Sea (Lulu, #2)
Roddy Doyle (Irish: Ruaidhrí Ó Dúill) is an Irish novelist, dramatist and screenwriter. Several of his books have been made into successful films, beginning with The Commitments in 1991. He won the Booker Prize in 1993.

Doyle grew up in Kilbarrack, Dublin. He graduated with a Bachelor of Arts from University College, Dublin. He spent several years as an English and geography teacher before becoming

Rover Adventures Trilogy (3 books)
  • The Giggler Treatment