Start by marking “The Christian Almanac: A Book of Days Celebrating History's Most Significant People & Events” as Want to Read:

The second edition of this almanac contains a day-by-day recounting of the significant moments of Christian and Western history. In it are famous births, deaths, world events, and notable anniversaries of the last 2,000 years.
Published September 1st 2004 by Cumberland House Publishing (first published July 1st 2000)

To ask other readers questions about The Christian Almanac, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Christian Almanac

Douglas Wilson
Mar 12, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: history
I have been chipping away at this one for years. Enjoyed it thoroughly.
Lynn Joshua
Oct 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I love this book! It's my favorite resource to read aloud to my children as part of our 'Morning Time' together. Each day covers 2 pages and includes a short biography, a list of significant events and people related to that day in history and a carefully selected wise and witty quote. The information is so interesting that as we read together, we often end up having great discussions and doing further research.
I've given it as a gift many times, and I think everyone would enjoy and learn from t
Rebecca Newman
Apr 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is one you enjoy all year long. Every day of the year, with quotes and plenty of interesting "It happened on this day in history..." to keep you enlightened and entertained. I trust George Grants' perspectives on history and appreciate his Christian worldview. I love this book for myself. But as a homeschool mother, it has brought about many a wonderful in-depth discussions with my children (who are in the elementary years and still glean bits from it!) Excellent book.
Andre
A really fun book. My pastor had this book and I had been thinking about a christian almanac before and voila, I ordered this one. On special occasions we read from it and when we have families over we ask them their birthdays and read what happened on their particular birthdays throughout history.
Sally Ewan
Dec 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
I spent the year reading through this wonderful collection of people and events. What an excellent reminder that man knows not his time nor the way his life will influence the world/future. I highly recommend this book as a daily read. Each two-page spread only takes a few minutes to read and will give you interesting things to ponder as you go through your day!
Matt Carpenter
Oct 27, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is rich with details of various people in history. Most of those profiled are Christians who remained faithful throughout their lives. With a daily quotes, smaller significant historical events and Bible reading plan to boot, it's a great way to start every day of the year.
Michael Jones
Mar 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
a great way to digest Christian history!
Roy
Nov 05, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great, day-at-a-time view of important events in history from a Christian perspective. Not always orthodox and not reformed but still a useful and interesting reference.
Gregory
Eli
Feb 14, 2010
Trish
May 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book several years ago. It's a mini history lesson each morning and a great way to start off the day. I hope to start it again January 1, 2018. Recommended for the Logos Library.
Nikolina Hansen
Jan 16, 2013
Brian
Nov 04, 2011
Jennifer Swerbensky
rated it did not like it
Dec 20, 2017
Nancy Bell
May 22, 2015
Mike Garrett
Mar 19, 2015
Dr. George Grant is an evangelical educator recognized by a Tennessee newspaper “Review Appeal” as the one who “lives and breathes” education.

Grant is known as a reformed scholar and evangelical activist who hopes to promote sound Christian doctrine, seeking honest answers to honest questions, developing true spirituality and experiencing the beauty of human relationships.

He founded Franklin Clas