Start by marking “Tease (Under His Skin #1)” as Want to Read:
Tease (Under His Skin #1)

Tease (Under His Skin #1)

3.64  ·  Rating details ·  14 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
When Barnabas rescues a stranger from a storm, he knows he's in for a tempestuous time. Lust wars with more altruistic feelings to paralyze Barnabas until the stranger makes the first move for him -- and then there's no stopping either of them...inside, outside, against the wall, and even occasionally on the bed. But Barnabas starts to wonder if the sex is a distraction fr ...more
Published August 3rd 2010 by Loose Id LLC

To ask other readers questions about Tease, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tease

Lisa Henry
Okay, so I'm a sucker for new twists on old myths, but I'm getting a little bit tired of growly werewolves and snappy vampires. So this book was just what I needed! Paranormal, but not normalparanormal. Sidebar: can we make that a word, please?)

Barnabas is an artist living on the Cornish coast, and he rescues a stranger from the storm. What Barnabas fails to realise is that his new houseguest is a selkie - a seal shifter who, true to all the legends, can't change back because his skin/cloak is
Ebook Addict Reviews
Tease is a beautifully crafted love story. Ms. Kelly is a master story teller. Together, that makes Tease one of my absolute favourite books of 2010.

Tease is full of sensual detail and the story is beautiful to read. The author’s voice is melodic, making her work a joy to read and hard to put down. The plot is absorbing and showcases Ms. Kelly’s mastery of English prose.

The story has everything it ought to: theme, subtext, a heroic flaw and a dark moment that made my throat tighten. I loved the
Kassa
Sep 23, 2010 rated it liked it
I’m not sure I’ve read a book like this where one of the couple couldn’t talk or communicate. It makes for an interesting hook, in addition to the Selkie shifter legend. For a novella, the story is clever enough to keep my interest for the most part though the characters are uneven and the pacing choppy. It’s a different kind of story and for that, stands out in the masses of shifter stories.

Barnabas (quite an awkward name) is an artist that makes his rather meager living by a rocky shore somew
KV Taylor
Aug 08, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, lgbtq
Disclaimer: I know Mina Kelly, and consider her a pal.

That out of the way, this is a tightly, prettily written romance, and a fun play on the selkie legend. But let's face it, in romance, in particular erotic romance, a book should have something else to lift it out of the ordinary. This one has it.

Since you find this out right away, I don't think it's a spoiler: one of the main characters can't speak. That makes the physical interaction not just an integral part of the relationship--as it is i
Merith
Mar 14, 2011 rated it really liked it
Bookbee
3.75 Stars

An interesting twist, in that one of the MCs does not speak and must communicate through body language and mime.
Katey Hawthorne
Oct 02, 2011 added it
Shelves: lgbtq
Original rating/review here. (NOTE: written before I was with Loose Id myself. Waaaaay before.)
J.A. Rock
Jan 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
A sweet tale that offers a unique twist on an old legend. I was hooked from the beginning and didn't stop reading until the end.
KimberlyRose
Nov 21, 2012
Diane
Feb 27, 2015
Mina Kelly
Aug 03, 2010 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
MT
Jun 19, 2012
Morgana
Jul 13, 2012
3141967
Mina Kelly lives in one of England's most historic cities. During the day she cooks from Roman recipes and swings medieval swords, trying to convince the tourists that history is more than just a pretty background to a photograph. From this she draws inspiration for her mixed up myths and flirtatious fairy tales, and has an especial fondness for things that go bump in the night.

She rarely uses Goo
More about Mina Kelly...

Under His Skin (2 books)
  • Flirt (Under His Skin #2)