Start by marking “Fatal Error” as Want to Read:
Fatal Error

Fatal Error

When a woman’s husband disappears with all of her money, she turns to his brother—who is also her former lover—to help track down the missing man and prove to the authorities she is not a murderer.
Published (first published November 2nd 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Fatal Error, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fatal Error

Start your review of Fatal Error
Clare
Jun 04, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I finished this book in one day not because it was an enticing read, but because I was in a psychiatric hospital where the only entertainment available was a sad assortment of harlequin romances. However, it wasn’t awful and I definitely didn’t expect the twist at the end. Overall I’m glad I picked it over the other romance books that were provided.
Kei
Dec 22, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 英語-english
I don't know. If you like ansty dramatic thrillers this might be a book for you. I found it too angsty and dramatic. An angsty 'damsel in distress' heroine with too much shit falling on her head all at once, her angsty ex-boyfriend/ex-brother-in-law who can't deside between not getting involved with her or being horny about her, the weird disgusting 'mystery bad guy' POV, sick mothers, bitchy old women, corrupt police, and so on and on... I suppose this book is supposed to portray real enough pe ...more
Ann Perry
Aug 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A.P.

I almost put this book down, it seemed slow. But, I kept reading and so glad I did! Wonderful story, keeps you wanting to turn the next page! I'm about to search another book to read by Colleen Thompson!
Cecly
Feb 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another gripping novel

I'm just adding my name the the list of reviewers. This plot was wound tight from the first sentence and just kept ratcheting up the knots or plot points as Luke and Susan's story ran its course. Loved this novel too.
Kathi Olsen
Apr 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
I would have given this a 5 star but was unhappy when all of a sudden you get slapped in the face with a couple of sex to the story scenes that were totally unnecessary to the story and actually distracting It's sad when a writer that is telling a good story lowers themself tothat level. ...more
Jessica archibald
Jul 15, 2017 rated it liked it
Good even when you skip chapters

Murder, mystery and a really good read. Recommended to all who like murder and romance in the weekend book benge.
Margaret Ferrara
Aug 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Exciting story!

Great reading with lots of twists and turns. I enjoy a story that keeps the reader interested thru the whole story.
Cait Embrey
Sep 09, 2017 rated it it was ok
Great

Enjoyable enough way to pass the time. Good twists, but unnecessary explicit scenes detracted from its overall impact. Would recommend as a quick, easy read.
Penny P Hammack
Aug 23, 2018 rated it it was ok
Didn't finish - reads too much like a "cozy" for my taste. Also, I was born and raised in Texas and thankfully these stereotypes are not representative of any of the Texans I know. ...more
David Highton
Sep 25, 2019 rated it it was ok
Not great - corny romance writing detracted from a plot which had unrealised potential
Joel Zimmermann
Feb 21, 2020 rated it did not like it
Crap

Only got a chapter or so in and realized it wasn't going to get any better. Just crap. Can't remember but hopefully I didn't pay for this drivel.
Leah Parker
Aug 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Judged

This town, along with Susan's influential mother-in-law, judged Susan for her husband's wrong doing. Where was he and the banker's wife? Did they leave together?
Judith Davis
Mar 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fatal Error by Colleen Thompson

This book was fantastic. It kept me reading non stop from beginning to end. I was full of murder, excitement, and wild twists and turns. The love scenes were great.
StrangeBedfellows
This is the first book I've read by Colleen Thompson, and I liked it enough to read more from her. This book was a perfectly balanced romantic suspense story. The plot is well-constructed, the characters are very interesting and readable, and the writing is strong.

Susan is an excellent heroine. She's strong, intelligent, and appealing. Luke, the hero, compliments her well because he's also a believable character that readers can sympathize with.

The pace of the story is spot-on -- I never becam
Diane Peterson
Confession: This is my first romantic suspense and I'm not sure I have the background to evaluate it properly.

That being said, here we go -- It was a well written book with an intriguing plot. There were a lot of characters and it was a little hard to keep track of them. Some aspects of the situation didn't quite ring true to me. The mystery was a good one and fairly complicated. The author did a good job of interspersing hints and red herrings to keep me guessing.

I enjoyed reading this book, b
Tammy
Jul 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a fantastic page turner this one was! This had all the elements of a good old fashioned Romantic suspense.There was a mystery, many suspects, a despicable old lady and a sweet one.There was a smoking hot romance and plenty of twists and turns to keep you guessing until the end.My favorite thing about this book was that every time I thought I knew what would happen next the author threw another twist at me. Anyone looking for a truly fun escape into a romantic thriller check this one out.
Lisa Rayns
Jan 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The second Colleen Thompson book I've read, her first I think.

I hate to admit it, but I fell in love with Luke in Chapter one. Yep, I actually think it was page 5 and I couldn't stop reading. The magic between the two characters, their situation...brilliant. Fast paced, suspenseful read that I couldn't put down.
Jstrootle
Oct 09, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a very enjoyable read. I really enjoyed the characters. Maybe I've read too many mystery/romance novels, but I felt it was kinda predictable fairly early. I would recommend this book as a fun read to all of my reader friends. :) I would also be willing to read more of Colleen Thompson's novels. ...more
Gail
Aug 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
A good read

A good read

This was a good book, it caught and held my attention from the first pages. I found not a lot of character development, though, so most of them, with the small exception of the two main ones, Susan and Luke, were mostly two-dimensional. It would have been nice to know what motivated their actions. Enjoyable summer read.
Lynda
I'm so happy that I didn't have to wait for this book. I really enjoyed the previous one and wanted to see how it was going to end. I like the variety of characters in the book and the fact that just enough data about them was supplied, so you were informed, but not bored. I looking forwarded to more adventures for Jess Kimball in the future. ...more
Virginia
Aug 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Excellent story

This was .a good story. A who dun it and enough twists and turns to make it interesting. The only think I didn't like was the romance part was just slightly too much. Although, luckily there was only one serious love scene and if I think about it along those lines, I guess it wasn't that bad. A good read.
Cristina
Not too bad. It was a light enough read, with plenty to keep me entertained. Not as hot and heavy as other romance novels, but for me that is not a complaint. Perhaps a bit predictable, and certainly potential as a lifetime mystery movie, it was a very lovely distraction.
Miranda
It was just ok. Susan kinda got on my nerves tho I'm not sure why. I just imagined her being real monotone and one of those women who ran and looked out the window during a one on one conversation. Most of the books I've read lately have been free or under $3 on kindle....you get what you pay for! ...more
Lindsay Ewing
This is a good story, but I did get bored with it. I actually took a break and read another book when I was about half way through this one. Although this was slow to start, I would read another book by this author.
Lynda
Oct 14, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I probably would have given this book 4 stars except for the fact that the book was a tad predictable. It was well written and very suspenseful.
Carmie
Jun 09, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this! A fun romantic thriller.
Megan
Jun 18, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cool mystery/triller/romance. A fun quick read from the Kindle Lending Library!
Madelynhealey
Jun 26, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book. Although the ending was predictable, it made me feel good. Her writing ability was impressive for her first book. It kept the hooked all the way through!
Mary
Jun 29, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was well-written and had good pacing. I would rate it 3 1/2 stars. Interesting story but it was missing something and the ending was too cotton candy.

• A Lady's Guide to Etiquette and Murder (A Countess of Harleigh Mystery, #1)
  • In for a Penny (Cleopatra Jones, #1)
  • A Dangerous Kind of Lady (Longhope Abbey, #2)
  • Boxes in the Basement (The Inn at Holiday Bay, #1)
  • Truly, Madly (Lucy Valentine, #1)
  • After Dark (Ghost Hunters, #1)
  • Death Comes to the Village (Kurland St. Mary Mystery, #1)
  • Deeply, Desperately (Lucy Valentine, #2)
  • Date Me (Sex Me, #1)
  • Donut Disturb
  • Talk Me Down (Tumble Creek, #1)
  • The War Priest (Ars Numina, #5)
  • Demons are a Ghoul's Best Friend (Ghost Hunter Mystery, #2)
  • Truth or Dare
  • Paladin's Grace
  • Millicent Glenn's Last Wish
  • The Lies That Bind (A Bibliophile Mystery, #3)
  • Smart Tass (OHellNo, #1)
In 2004, Colleen Thompson's first romantic thriller, Fatal Error, launched Dorchester Publishing's new line of fast-paced, steamy romantic suspense. The book was nominated for the RITA Award for Best Romantic Suspense and won the Texas Gold for Best Mainstream Fiction. Other honors received by her books include a starred review from Publisher's Weekly, nominations from the Reviewers International ...more