Start by marking “The Nobodies” as Want to Read:
The Nobodies

The Nobodies (Anybodies #2)

THE NOBODIES

Fern Drudger's quirky adventures continue in this delightful sequel to The Anybodies. She goes to Camp Happy Sunshine Good Times and is bombarded by desperate messages from people who call themselves the Nobodies. But who are the Nobodies, and what do they want from Fern?
Published June 14th 2005 by HarperCollins Publishers (first published June 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about The Nobodies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Nobodies

Colleen
Jun 18, 2007 Colleen rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Sixth graders and up
Although I read this sequel before the original, I really enjoyed it. It can be read on many levels-- as a thrilling adventure, a lovely trot through references to other children's books, and a reflection on how to live life in the moment and embrace change. I know that sounds like a pile of hooey-- who would see such depth in a young person's novel?-- but the main character's struggles with expressing her tru character enough to find the truth (who captured the Nobodies) is a wonderful metaphor ...more
Katie
Jul 20, 2014 Katie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Best books ever. I've read them about 27947197492973 times
Sara  Gille
Oct 11, 2015 Sara Gille added it
Shelves: trimester-1
This book is when Fern and Howard go to a summer camp together. Fern's grandma tells them that they're like brother and sister and that's how they should act, but they don't. They always fight and they're always getting into trouble. After a week of being together at Fern's house, it's time to go to the camp. Fern's grandma is talking about how much she loved the camp when she was younger. Fern and Howard got on the bus and the bus driver had a seeing eye dog with him. He was a blind bus driver. ...more
Joshua
Nov 10, 2010 Joshua rated it it was amazing
Good reads book review #1
The Nobodies
The Nobodies is about a girl name fern that can with special powers. These powers aren’t normal super hero powers that you’ve heard of her powers are unusual she can shake anything out of a book or painting and she could climb into a book or painting and interact with the things inside of them. She could also shape shift into anything a rhino, moose, or maybe a inanimate object such as phone or record player. This summer the bone which is her dad and her gra
Linnae
Apr 13, 2016 Linnae rated it liked it
After a couple of mishaps with Howard, her switched-at-birth almost brother, (including shaking a rhino out of a book,) Fern and Howard are off to Camp Happy Sunshine Good Times. Fern feels uneasy about the whole thing, particularly since anytime she has tried to shake something out of a book lately, all that comes our are blue bottles with messages inside. The messages are all asking HER for help, but she can't figure out who is sending them. On top of it all, there is a nasty mole hanging arou ...more
Amelia Huang
Dec 15, 2010 Amelia Huang rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's a fantasy book that has all kind of emotions in it.It has some sad parts like the coming of two characters.Also some scary parts like when a mole attacks you.It has some pictures in there to give you an idea of what is going on.There's always something to be cautious about because it is a fantasy book.Crazy things can happen unexpectedly.I really liked the book but I feel like if I had read the first book since this is the second book it would have been more complete.I had to put the puzzle ...more
Jackie
Jul 02, 2008 Jackie rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Those who like magical adventure stories (a la Nesbit), but want a contemporary setting
Recommended to Jackie by: Maddie
My daughter asked me to read the first book in this series to her, as she had read it at school and thought I would like it. We read that one, and now we're in the midst of the NOBODIES...

I thought that that NOBODIES was a little all over the place, but the sequel is much more focused. The intrusive narrator is funny, the plot moves along at a good clip, the magic is believable and desirable, and, like the previous book, THE NOBODIES ends with a lovely message of redemption. I particularly like
Alexondra
Jan 23, 2015 Alexondra rated it it was amazing
More like a 4.8

Hmm... I remember The Anybodies vividly from when I was younger and yet I barely remember this book. I think what happened was that I read the first few pages and then never finished.

The story was just as enjoyable as the last one and I love how this one was a bit more intense and action packed. The ending was a bit too fast for me, and I was left with some gaping questions. I did, however, love the fact that this book was focused on Fern and Howard's relationship.

All in all, I
Fanny
Dec 24, 2009 Fanny added it
A sequel to the Anybodies Fern and her brother Howard go to a camp for Anybodies. Not all is well at home, Fern keeps getting messages in coke bottles about how someone(s)need her help. She and Howard have also released a rhino and a big game hunter too.
The camp isn't really nice, the counselers are mean, the buildings are run down, and the forest is filled with all kinds of transformed people.
Luann
More "Anybody" fun with Fern and Howard, this time at a summer camp specifically for teaching young Anybodies how to use their powers. Only once they get to Camp Happy Sunshine Good Times, things are very different than they expected. This is a great sequel to The Anybodies with even more (and I wouldn't have thought it even possible) connections to classic children's literature. Now I'm off to find a copy of The Somebodies!
Heidi
Feb 18, 2012 Heidi rated it it was ok
I read good portion of the book and then just skipped to the end. I don't like to do that but I was so bored and I felt lost. The first book was fun. This not so much. Maybe I didn't remember enough of the first, but I felt like there was new information that was just assumed the reader knew. The author asides were fun at first, but got terribly annoying since they happened at least once a chapter. The silliness of the first book seemed to turn cheesy and flat in this one.
Naomi
Oct 12, 2011 Naomi rated it really liked it
Fern is a wonderful, strong female character. Not only is the adventure a lot of fun but the lessons she learns about family, love, embracing the ever-changing world around her and the potential each person carries within her to be a force of good are lessons that are relevant to readers of all ages.
Jess Rowan
Oct 26, 2013 Jess Rowan rated it it was ok
Plot line is pretty good - but the character development and interaction is lacking quite a bit. Also, in the last book the author's constant asides were quirky and almost annoying - in this book they are distracting and obnoxious.

A good mind-mush read...and I did like it enough to read the last of the series. Hoping it's a bit better.
Joanie
Jul 25, 2016 Joanie rated it liked it
The sequel to The Anybodies by N.E. Bode is just as fun as the first. In this installment, Fern and Howard are sent to summer camp, the dubiously named Camp Happy Sunshine Good Times. There, they uncover an evil plot by BERT, meet The Hermit, and get to the bottom of the Diet Lime Fizzy bottle mystery.
Emma Chirila
Sep 27, 2013 Emma Chirila rated it it was amazing
This book is about a girl named Fern who goes to an Anybodies Camp.She meets alot of kids and scary creatures. She ends up having many adventures and facing terrifing animals. Fern solves many myesteries, too.
If you like mysterious and adventerous books than you will like this one too! Read it!
Bethany
Jan 11, 2008 Bethany rated it really liked it
The Nobodies is the sequel to another charming book, The Anybodies . Both of these books are great for anyone who has ever wished that they had magical powers. Easy read, but very fun.
A.
Nov 03, 2010 A. rated it it was amazing
I liked this one even better than the first, which is pretty good for a sequel. The characters are back for a new adventure, with new friends and enemies that we meet along the way. It is another good clean fun read for that young age group, or for anyone who just likes an exciting adventure.
Anya Lasagna
Apr 04, 2013 Anya Lasagna rated it it was amazing
Awesome book that was totally worth reading and was just as good as the first book! :D The third book is definitely going on my reading list. The author writes in such a fun way, I would read a cookbook cover to cover if she wrote it!
Alaa
Jan 27, 2013 Alaa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
How do we read books we find ? (I am new here)
Cheryl Pye
May 31, 2011 Cheryl Pye rated it it was amazing
I knew Fern would have another great adventure. I knew she would learn more about her powers. I really hope the author has more ..bodies up her sleeve.
Kim
Apr 25, 2012 Kim rated it liked it
Not great but not terrible. better than the first (The Anybodies)
Josie
Jan 10, 2011 Josie rated it really liked it
I just love this series, it's very exciting and never boring
Ksloppy
Great
Kristine
Sep 20, 2008 Kristine rated it it was amazing
Great way to continue the Anybodies. It was a delightful read.
Emma
Nov 03, 2008 Emma rated it it was amazing
THe first sequel to "The Anybodies". It also really makes you think...
Melissa Musgrave
Jun 09, 2014 Melissa Musgrave rated it really liked it
Just like the first one I loved this book! It wasn't as great as the first one but I still really enjoyed it!
Denise
really good
really i rate it 4 and a half
Ella Wilmore
May 18, 2010 Ella Wilmore rated it really liked it
Not as good as the first. It was mostly a filler but it was still good
Amy
Jun 24, 2010 Amy rated it it was amazing
Fun, imaginative. Also makes for a good read aloud.
  • The Return (Flight 29 Down, #3)
  • The Same Stuff as Stars
  • Molly McGinty Has a Really Good Day
  • The Last Polar Bears
  • The Monsters of Morley Manor: A Madcap Adventure
  • The Great Good Thing (The Sylvie Cycle, #1)
  • Welcome to the Bed and Biscuit
  • Give Me Liberty
  • Now You See It, Now You Don't (The Amazing Days of Abby Hayes, #15)
  • The Hollow Bettle (Poisons of Caux, #1)
  • Beyond the Door (Time Out of Time, #1)
  • Thorn in Her Side (The Princess School, #7)
  • The Dream of the Stone
  • 12 Again
  • Lily's Ghosts
  • The Ever Breath
  • Out of Patience
  • Shakespeare's Spy (Shakespeare Stealer, #3)
N.E. Bode is the pen name of author Julianna Baggott.

I was asked by HarperCollins – my fair publishers! – to write a paragraph summarizing myself. This is hard to do. There was a word maximum. I had to be brief. I'll cut and paste it here so I don't have to write it twice, but I should say it just didn't capture my essence. But for what it's worth, it went like this:

"N.E. Bode, unsuspecting creat
More about N.E. Bode...

Anybodies (3 books)
  • The Anybodies (Anybodies, #1)
  • The Somebodies