Start by marking “Twin Spica, Volume: 06” as Want to Read:
Twin Spica, Volume: 06

Twin Spica, Volume: 06

(Twin Spica / ふたつのスピカ Japanese Numbering #6)

Asumi's latest and most challenging flight simulation trial continues.  She along with her classmates have been put into small escape pods, the actual pods that the International Space Station currently uses, to simulate traveling through space and an atmosphere re-entry.  The pods are then covered and transported into the Japanese wilderness where after some rough handlin ...more
Published March 1st 2011 by Vertical (first published April 23rd 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Twin Spica, Volume, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Twin Spica, Volume

Nicole
Apr 06, 2011 rated it really liked it
Emkoshka
Not as good as the previous volume and it felt a bit like treading water while waiting for the next adventure. As always though there was a beautiful double-page spread featuring a meteor shower and the trademark sweet nostalgia, this time in the form of origami stars. I want to know more about the orphan kids, they're so cute!
Sarah Sammis
Nov 22, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Twin Spica Volume 06 by Kou Yaginuma resolves the cliff hanger of Asumi and her friends racing to the goal from their escape pods dumped into the nearby forest. It also introduces more glimpses into the history of the Lion and the mystery of Mr. Lion's on going friendship with Asumi.

Asumi risks her own success in the program by mounting a search party for one of their missing classmates. It's an unexpected turn of events and something that takes even the test designers by surprise.

The survival c
Lara
Mar 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Took a long break from this series because my library only has the first 5 volumes and I didn't want to read the e-versions if I could avoid it. So I got this one through ILL (thanks, Denton!).

Anyway, since I'd had such a long break from it I had sort of forgotten how much I like this series. It's quiet and sweet and just follows a bunch of kids training to be astronauts and the different struggles they face with family and health and history and friendship. I'm glad I kind of rediscovered it!
Ashley
Oct 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
These books capture every kind of sadness you can have, including the happy kind. This one looks at a friendship Mr Lion had when he was alive. I like the subtle exploration of really deep themes, like the guilt people carry around with them when a friend has died. This volume also gives more clues about Marika's mysterious past. As with all other volumes, the story is slow but interesting and emotionally engaging.
Joy
Mar 26, 2011 rated it really liked it
And...once again, this series has managed to make me cry. Lots of great moments in this one: Asumi and the others going back for Marika, the origami stars, watching the meteor shower. But my favorite bit was definitely the episode about Mr. Lion and his childhood friend.
Cherish
Dec 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, manga
This volume was once again very moving. There was even two short stories after the main comic and I was very intrigued. i feel that Asumi is growing not only in height but as a person throughout this volume.
Titis Wardhana
Masa lalu Lion sedikit demi sedikit mulai kelihatan... dan kisah pendeknya so adorable...
Shuuya
Oct 29, 2015
Kathleen
Oct 29, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

Twin Spica / ふたつのスピカ Japanese Numbering (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • Twin Spica, Volume: 01
  • Twin Spica, Volume: 02
  • Twin Spica, Volume: 03
  • Twin Spica, Volume: 04
  • Twin Spica, Volume: 05
  • Twin Spica vol. 07 (Twin Spica, # 7)
  • ふたつのスピカ 8