Start by marking “Heavens price” as Want to Read:
Heavens price

Sandra Brown

Heavens price

3.54  ·  Rating details ·  1,818 Ratings  ·  61 Reviews
Blair Simpson has embraced a life most people merely dreamed about. Devoting her nights as well as her days to dancing--in the chorus line of Broadway musicals and occasional TV commercials--she had never considered another career. Now an injury has sent her to a small town for six long months of recuperation. All around her are couples who are raising families and buildin ...more
Hardcover
Published 1983 by Bantam books

To ask other readers questions about Heavens price, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Heavens price

Mo
Jul 05, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
When I read one of her older books and finish it, I say to myself, "Maura, have you not learned your lesson yet?" This one was pure eighties... record players, a mustache, leg-warmers. But I kept on reading it. I probably would have loved it years ago.

Even the fact that the hero had an Irish connection couldn't save it

"Since I was Irish she thought it would be nice if I sang Danny Boy."

Katherine 黄爱芬
Blair Simpson "dikerjain" tukang pijit gadungan!!!!! Mau marah jg percuma. Sean Garrett selalu menganggap menyenangkan menggoda Blair. Lama-kelamaan Blair menyerah juga terhadap "gempuran" Sean. Konflik mulai terjadi ketika hasrat Blair utk kembali menari balet. Sean keberatan krn kaki Blair msh dlm tahap pemulihan. Saat Blair bersikeras, Sean tidak mampu mencegah kekeraskepalaan Blair. Bisakah mereka berkompromi?

Sebenarnya sih inti cerita klise aja, kebanyakan guyonan-guyonan rada nyerempet. Cu
Bree
Nov 24, 2010 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2010
I need to address a serious problem with romances novels. The male character always feels the need to warn the female that she's putting herself at risk in some stupid way or another. He always uses lines like, "If you open your door to a strange man again, I'll blister your bottom," or, "I'll turn you over my knee if you ever endanger yourself like that again!" Seriously! Just once I'd like the female character to say something like, "Speeding is dangerous! If I ever catch you doing it again, I ...more
Tina
Feb 23, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
I started reading Sandra Brown books so long ago - probably before I really should have been (: I think my mom had a bunch around the house, and I just started reading them, and pretty soon devoured so much of what she had written! While this wasn't my favorite book of hers, I still enjoyed it. I picked this one up because I specifically wanted to read a romance. I didn't want anything dystopian, young adult, suspenseful, etc; I just wanted a romance. And that's exactly what I got. Blair is a st ...more
Kristen
Apr 15, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
In Sandra Brown's Heaven's Price, she told us a sweet contemporary romance about second chances with a twist of Fate. For Blair Simpson, she embraced a life dancing in Broadway musicals and commercials. Due to an injury to her leg, she spent six months of recuperation in a small town. She was surrounded by couples raising families and building dreams--a part of her she denied herself. That's when she met Sean Garrett, her new landlord, when there was a smoldering sexual chemistry that attracted ...more
Alia_ijm
Dec 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Blair is a passionate dancer whose injury has forced her to take a break. She temporarily moves to a small town where her friend lives and meets Sean, the landlord. An immediate connection occurs, yet Blair insists on resisting whatever she desires. Sean, however, does not want to give up on her, and he tries to make her feel attached to the town and to him, too. After her recovery, Blair flies to New York for an audition and returns to the small town after being rejected. Sean then hopes that s ...more
Lili
May 24, 2010 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: grandma
This book was not too bad but it's just that it's so old... maybe that's what women were like back then.
I considered the outdated things as amusing and funny, like the hot sex scenes... I think the most they were allowed to say back then was "nipple"... everything was implicit, one moment they were kissing passionately and in the next paragraph they were done and VERY tired of all the love making.
Yona
Nov 01, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Well this was another good book by Sandra Brown. Not one of my favorites but still very good.

I like to read how people find their true love, how they realize what is the most important thing for them in life.

It was a really good book, which teaches a lot.
Irene
Jan 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It was a very sweet "bed" read.
Sharon Chase
Oct 09, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
No, not for me. I finished this book and was not a fan of this type of novel. Sorry to those who liked it, but fantasy, lust and no plot are not for me.
Nisa Rahmah
Nov 16, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, adult
Sebenarnya sudah selesai dari semalam. Hmmm, not bad lah ya.
Funzee Shu
Tadinya mau kasih 3.5,tapiiiii......
GagaL totaL gara2 Sean Garret'nya BERKUMIIIIIISSS !!!
Ga suka cowo berkumisss......
[image error]

Kalo ceritanya mah manissssss....
Sukaaaa.... [image error]

Tapi langsung "jatoh" hanya gara2 KUMIS !!! [image error]

Subyektif ini mah komennya, hahahaha [image error]
Cindi
Jun 02, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am such a sucker for Sandra Brown's old books. When she was recommended to me years ago, I couldn't read her books fast enough. Things changed after "Unspeakable". Having read that, and hated it beyond any book I had read up to that point, I swore I would never read another one of her books. Things changed about a year ago and here I am rereading her old stuff and reading her books that came after "Unspeakable".

I love "Heaven's Price" as much as I did when I read it the first time. Great stor
Neha
Did not like this book at all. In fact, the moment Sean opened his mouth, i was seriously put off. I put the book down after a few pages itself.

In whatever few pages I read, Sean's character was dominating and dumb and Blair just takes it. He orders her around and does what he pleases, while she just goes along his plans. I can take this type of characters in a historical setting cause people were like that, but this is too much to take in a contemporary American setting.

All in all, I did not
Anastasia Ervina
Menarik! Mengisahkan bahwa tak selamanya hal yang justru membahagiakan kita adalah dengan menuruti segala ambisi dan cita-cita kita. Terkadang Tuhan memberikan jalan lain yang lebih indah walaupun awalnya tak sesuai dengan keinginan kita.
Cerita ini mengisahkan tentang kegigihan Blair untuk dapat menari lagi di tengah cedera lutut yang dialaminya dan bagaimana Sean perlahan-lahan mengubah hidupnya.
Venus
Apr 05, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
okey sudah baca untuk menghibur waktu saya yang nga senggang dan mengejar storan bacah adeh....

satuhal yang aku paling suka, umur 30 tahun bukanlah waktu yang terlambat untuk menemukan belahan jiwa jadi seharusnya aku santai saja.
yang ga suka, kumis, hahaha... masih mencoba membayangkan bagian mana seksinya kumis. untuk saat ini hem, aku ga suka cowok berkumis berjenggot, ber bulu... hehehe... tapi uh mau di gendendong kemana-mana kaya lagunya alm, eyang surip loh..........
Nicole
Jul 05, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I usually LOVE anything Sandra Brown. She is a wonderful writer! But this...I couldn't even finish it. I only got to page 70-something. This book is dripping with the 80's and so saccharin-sweet, that I couldn't stomach it. The characters were very superficial and had no depth or personality whatsoever. It was just plain boring and could not hold my attention. I'm sorry, Sandra Brown, I love you, but this one is definitely a "miss."
Courtney Vasiliev
Sep 13, 2012 rated it liked it
I love Sandra Brown. I have everyone of her books. This is just one that did not appeal to me. I love the fact that there was a happy ending but it was her always arguing with herself and him being dominat over her. I know back then women were more submissive but this character just took submission to a new level.

I dont want to go too in depth because of spoilers. But it was a good book just your trypical quick romance novel
Sarah Schmitt
Jul 07, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lauren Gommert
Even for a romance novel this one lacked substance. It was a quick read, and parts were pretty amusing, but other parts had me scanning the page for the next hot love scene. The reader isn't able to connect at all with the characters, making it hard to read, and care about, anything that happens to them
Joyce Ferrante
Aug 16, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When Blair Simpson suffers an injury that results in her having to take 6 months off from dancing, she moves to a small town to be near an old dance friend while she's healing. She's determined to return to the big city and dancing friends once she's healed - until things in this small town cause her to rethink her future... Another great romance story to curl up with!!
Jasmine
May 11, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
One word for it would be DISAPPOINTING! I just don't know why I've wasted my time reading this super duper boring book. And though it was a good start but as the story keeps on progressing it's just keeps on getting worst than ever. So my advice is that don't waste your time if you have any plans of reading this. That's all.
Kimberly
Blair a new york professional dancer moves to a small town to recuperate an injured knee. Unprepared and shocked by the powerful attraction to her landlord Sean, sexy and a total alpha male she repeatedly denies his offer at love. Soon she gives in, and begins a sexy affair while she struggles to hold on to her life as a professional dancer.
Barbara
Dancer with an injury is forced to see the "other side of life".....the side other than dancing. Friends try to help with the healing process and show her that the life she has run away from has much more to offer than she ever realized.
A dancer on Broadway injured a knee and was recuperating in a small town where she met and fell in love with her landlord. What needed to decide what to do about her career. I thought this was a good book about life's challenges and the best way to overcome them.
Cassie ♥
Sep 25, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, read-in-2012
This was one of those--"landlord is hot,but I'm too into my career" books. Very cliche'. I actually don't read many books that are sexual in nature, so I found it "gross". (Read for challenge about a dancer.)
Brilliant Hermione
Tak perlu diragukan lagi, novel romance Sandra Brown selalu membuat saya senyum-senyum mesum sendirian. Hebatnya lagi, tak hanya kaya adegan asmara yang bikin angan berbunga-bunga, Heaven's Price juga memuat petuah bijak yang disampaikan dengan cara manis dan tak menggurui.
Paula
Nov 10, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this book as steamy romances go and Sean was delicious. However, there wasn't a whole lot of substance to the story so I'm giving it a 3 for that reason (in spite of how much I enjoyed reading it). I will be reading more Sandra Brown in the future.
Ren
Yang aku inget malah adegan ML di tangganya... #plaaaak

Keinginan jadi penari ga pernah kesampaian, akhirnya puas2in baca ini deh :)). Suka kalo si cowo yang ngejar2 kayak gini, ha ha ha. Kayaknya cowo ngejar cewe di novel romance makin jarang aja yah...
Rosemary Gunn
Aug 22, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sneeked this book from my mom's book stack when I was about 14. It was my first grown up romance and ohm'god! There was no going back to teenage love stories after this one! It's true ... you always remember your very first!
  • Where There Is Evil
  • York, The Renegade (The Shamrock Trinity, #2) (The Delaneys, #2)
  • Loving Jessie
  • Diamond Girl
  • Sang Partner - Sleeping Partners
  • The Disobedient Bride (Hawk's Way #8)
  • Take on Me (Secret Lives of Daytime Divas, #1)
  • Date with the Devil
  • Adelaide, The Enchantress (The Delaneys, #4) (The Delaneys of Killaroo, #1)
  • Flame (Flame Set, #1)
  • Lightning That Lingers

Sandra Brown is the author of more than sixty New York Times bestsellers, including STING (2016), FRICTION (2015), MEAN STREAK (2014), DEADLINE(2013), & LOW PRESSURE (2012), LETHAL (2011).

Brown began her writing career in 1981 and since then has published over seventy
More about Sandra Brown...