Start by marking “Books by Yann Martel: Novels by Yann Martel, Life of Pi, Self, the Facts Behind the Helsinki Roccamatios” as Want to Read:

3.89  ·  Rating details ·  168 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews
This is nonfiction commentary. Purchase includes a free trial membership in the publisher's book club where you can select from more than a million books without charge. Chapters: Novels by Yann Martel, Life of Pi, Self, the Facts Behind the Helsinki Roccamatios. Source: Wikipedia. Free updates online. Not illustrated. Excerpt: ISBN 0-15-602732-1 (US paperback edition) ISB ...more
Published June 26th 2010 by Books LLC

To ask other readers questions about Books by Yann Martel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Books by Yann Martel

Montravadee Picker
May 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book! I think I probably cried three times while reading it. I was reading some of the other reviews on here and I can understand why some would think it confusing and boring.

What I loved about the book was the tenacity and spirit of Pi and his ability to make the best of a tragic situation. His family has just been killed, he's the only survivor of a boating accident and he's stuck on a life boat with a Bengal tiger and a zebra in the middle of the ocean! And let's not
Dhana
Aug 27, 2012 rated it really liked it
Don't mind admitting it 'The Life of Pi' left me shell shocked for days !! I couldn't see how a story about a Bengal tiger and a boy in a lifeboat would hold my interest..... But it did & I read it straight through. Not only that, but I bought 10 copies and gave them all away as Xmas presents. A marvellous book !!
05megans
Feb 20, 2012 rated it liked it
Megan Seager
Period 5
The Life of Pi
I read a book called The Life of Pi by Yann Martel. I thought that the story was okay, but it was really hard to understand until I got to the very end of the book. I thought that the details and descriptions the author used were good though. Overall I thought that the book was okay, just really confusing.
This book is about a young boy named Piscine or “Pi” Patel who gets on a ship to Canada with his parents. While on the ship, a storm hits leaving him strande
Island Mangano
Dec 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I personally loved the book because of the adventure and excitement in it. The plot was interesting and kept things alive for more, however I didn't think the fact that they closed the zoo and put all the animals on no boat/ship was really realistic. But that the animals were what made the story what it was, especially the tiger. The setting which started in India and made it's way to the sea and at the end in Mexico. The fact that the story took place in India was really interesting because tha ...more
Antoinette Billington

I read The Life of Pi and found it engaging, allegorical, and mystifying. I thought about the book often after I'd read it and wished I could talk about it with a friend who'd read it too.
Penny
Aug 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing
The Life of Pi is a mixture of fantasy, zoology, religion, suffering and survival. It’s a whopping good tale that you will remember long after you finish the last page.
Debbie
Jan 30, 2012 rated it did not like it
Sarah Bates
Sep 03, 2012 rated it liked it
The Life of Pi is now coming out as a movie. I don't know if I have the stomach to see it, having flipped through the most gruesome scenes in the books because they made me physically sick. I liked the books for the author's amazing voice and the plotting, but think it could have been just as successful without the gore.
Paula Coston
Feb 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is about Life of Pi, actually, not the other stuff - but I couldn't find the single title on the Goodreads site. Another fantastic blend of life with unreality, and for that, plus the plot, un-put-downable. Also, incidentally, one of the few books I've seen for which, for me, the film did it (almost) justice.
Meredith Tournay
Sep 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Amazing...just amazing.
Deborah
Dec 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Life of Pi-great read!
Carole
Dec 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
I have not seen the movie, but could hardly put the book down.
Annie
Sep 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Blew me mind!
Patricia Todd-dennis
Jul 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I only read the Life of Pi...excellent!
Chris
Jul 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
love the flow of the story
Mary-lynn
Aug 28, 2012 rated it liked it
Wonderful read!
Kiitos
Aug 17, 2012 added it
Not so good but not terrible.
Kimberly
Oct 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
Loved it.
Christina
Sep 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2012
though it takes a while to get into, its definitely with the read. its inspiring, heartbreaking, and uplifting at the same time
Emmalittle100
Sep 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: twelve-books
Loved it. Just loved it.
Pauline Edwards
Apr 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I read Life of Pi and loved it. It was very different and a bit weird which was what made it compelling reading.
Piper
May 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing
read it in less than a day. highly recommend.
Leon
Qin Tong
rated it it was ok
Sep 06, 2012
Hayley Catherine
rated it did not like it
Aug 20, 2013
  • Flying off Everest: A Journey from the Summit to the Sea
  • Blood Sport: The Truth Behind the Scandals in the Clinton White House
  • The Glass Guardian
  • A Scientific Romance
  • The Red and the Green (Vintage Classics)
  • Eloise
  • Death in the Woods and Other Stories
  • To Love, Honour And Betray (Till Divorce Us Do Part)
  • American Pharaoh: Mayor Richard J. Daley - His Battle for Chicago and the Nation
  • Some Day I'll Find You
  • To the White Sea
  • Project Animal Farm: An Accidental Journey into the Secret World of Farming and the Truth About Our Food
  • Broken Laces
  • This Isn't the Sort of Thing That Happens to Someone Like You
Books LLC is a reprint publisher of nonfiction and fiction which is out of copyright. Books LLC is not a licensed reseller or editor of modern, in-copyright novels.

Books LLC also publishes compilations of Wikipedia articles (e.g., Wikipedia articles about books, rather than the books themselves).
More about Books LLC...