Start by marking “The Windswept Flame” as Want to Read:
The Windswept Flame

The Windswept Flame (Evans Brothers)

4.15  ·  Rating details ·  1,019 Ratings  ·  86 Reviews
Broken-irreparably broken. The violent deaths of her father and the young man she'd been engaged to marry, had irrevocably broken Cedar Dale's heart. Her mother's heart had been broken, as well-shattered by the loss of her own true love. Thus, pain and anguish-fear and despair-found Cedar Dale, and her mother Flora, returned to the small western town where life had once be ...more
Published July 20th 2010 by Distractions Ink

To ask other readers questions about The Windswept Flame, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Windswept Flame

Belinda Boring
Sep 15, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
have NO idea where to start other than to say that Marcia McClure should be declared a LETHAL weapon to the hearts of women. Honestly, her books need to have a warning label on them because I can't read one without being reduced to a puddle of mess when I'm finished. This book was no different and to say that I LOVED this book would be a HUGE understatement. But as I sit here trying desperately to write this review, I'm stuck because what do I gush over first because believe me, all I want to d ...more
TJ
Jul 09, 2010 rated it really liked it
Although Marcia's books can sometimes be a little too syrupy, even for me, I enjoyed this book more than I thought I would. Yes, Tom is too perfect to be believed, yes, Cedar is totally annoying at times while doing nothing but gaping at his perfection. It was the secondary storyline that really caught my attention. Not only do we see Cedar fall in love but we are treated to a romance involving her Mother!

How often does a book actually include, not only the story of a beautiful YOUNG woman falli
Kristen
Jul 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, westernish
11/1/14 - Just a great the second time around...that Ameila though...no bueno.

8/17/12-I'm soo glad I got to read Tom Evan's story. After finishing "Weathered Too Young" I couldn't wait to get this one. I love Tom's character and I love how Cedar wasn't always the blushing gal and initiated a couple of the kisses. I wanted to reach through the book and rip Ameila's hair out, but of course, always happy endings with McClure books. Loved it.

Moral Note: A couple of hecks & dangs, passionate kis
Tori
Sep 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-and-re-read
09/2013: I enjoyed this book so much. I laughed out loud. I giggled like a silly school girl. It was just a FUN book to read. Well done Marcia Lynn McClure. Well done.

Reread 10/2014: Yep, I remember why I liked this book so much. Flora and Cedar are so cute, so giddy... I loved it. I love how they realize it's ok to love again. It's not negating the love they had with Jim and Logan. I also just love Tom's personality. He was awesome in Weathered Too Young. I like how he's just happy. Reno was wo
Kathy
May 17, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2010
So excited for this new book!

Merged review:

Another wonderful Marcia Lynn McClure book. No better way to spend an evening than reading one of Marcia's books.
Nov 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebooks
I've read a handful of Marcia McClure's books, some are hits and others are misses. Then some are just in the middle. But I have to say, this book was fantastic! I loved the mother-daughter relationship. I loved how it dealt with real emotions and reactions to events. While there wasn't too much action going on there was just enough and it was interesting enough. Some of the interactions made me sad while others made me laugh. Especially the interactions between Tom and Reno. Definitely a keeper ...more
Kathy * Bookworm Nation
Second Read Nov 2011: Great read!! I love Tom, such a fun lighthearted personality!

First Read April 2011: I enjoyed this one, especially because it included characters from her previous book Weathered Too Young. I liked Cedar and Tom, they both fall for each other right off the bat, I would have liked a little more build-up, but it was still sweet. I also enjoyed the side story between her mom Flora and Reno! Cute western.
Melody
Jul 14, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I had to celebrate Marcia's birthday by reading her latest, although it felt much more like happy birthday to me! :) Two for one is what this story felt like, major bonus! :)
Yet another excellent read, I was thrilled to get to hear Tom's story, as he was near and dear to my heart in Weathered Too Young. Then again I have to wonder which awesome character of Marcia's ISN'T near and dear... :) Mmmmm....

Brenda
Mar 30, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cedar, Cedar, Cedar. You lucky gal! Oh how I want to go back in time and live out on the prairie with a man like Tommy. He is yummy beyond words :) I loved the way he wooed Cedar and helped her overcome her broken heart. What an irresistible flirt! I really loved the other storyline involving her broken hearted mother. Her romance was as great as Cedars! Perfect romance with just the right amount of kissing...*sigh*
Thanks again Marcia- I'm pretty sure I love you:)
Sandy
Aug 24, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I finished Weathered Too Young in one sitting and immediately opened up The Windswept Flame because I had to know Tom's happy ending. I love his charm, wit, and humor. While I love Marcia's tortured, brooding heroes, too, it was nice to have such a sunny outlook from a Marcia leading man. I am crazy for Marcia's westerns!
Amy
Jul 27, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I liked this book very much. It was a very sweet and heart warming story with struggles in between. I liked that it was a book that you could relate to and I just love Tom he is so sweet always laughing and I don't know he just makes me smile. Loved the dancing in the moon light and the star gazing. Made my heart melt. Wonderful book :)
I'm so excited to get to read this. It was really good. But then again aren't all of her books? I like that I was able to read more about Tom. I was glad that he wasn't left out, after reading Weathered Too Young.
Melissa
McClure Book's are guaranted sweet, silly and clean romance books. This was a sequel to Weathered to Young but you can read this one first and not be lost. This was very sappy and sweet and I appreciate how clean her books are. This is not one of my favorites,but I love the western feel.
Stacey Hall
Dec 29, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved the romances in this book! Cedar is such a great character and I loved that Flora got to find her love too!! The men in this book were fabulous too....of course!! Thank you Marcia for this fabulous book with double the romance! Double the pleasure, double the fun!!! ;)
Heidi
A sequel to Weathered Too Young and just as enjoyable. I love Tom's character and it's so fun to see his story. I really like the humor in this one. I've read it more than once and it still makes me laugh. :)
M.
Jul 12, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Tommy Evans is adorable. Cedar Dale is wonderful. This book is probably my favorite book right now. I wish that my library owned it so that everyone else could read it!
Teya Peck
Jul 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A perfect follow up to weathered too young. Deep and loving love it!
Katie
Another one that I loved. I loved the characters, I loved the second romance in this book, and I again ended this book wanting more. Great read!!
Erin
Jan 11, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
LOVED IT. McClure has a way of infatuating the reader. This is a good one.
Tausha
Aug 22, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorite
Jan. 2013
I needed a Marcia fix....LOVED IT AGAIN!!! It is so crazy that I can pick up a Marcia book when I need to lose myself in a fun romance over and over and never tire of them.
Debbie
Jan 04, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: country-romance
Loved the continued story of Tom's character from "Weathered to Young". Another great romance! Marcia is the Best!
Kina
Sep 27, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it as always! Marcia is just AWESOME! I enjoyed the "Moonlight Dancing!"
Lisa
Dec 09, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love Tom!
Claire Menge
Nov 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing read! Although small things tripped me up about this book; repetition of phrases, words that I nor google understood and a lack of “setting the scene” (although I didn’t realise this was a sequel), I fell madly in love with this sweet, simple read.

My favourite part, was that the Author kind of put a song to the story: “Run for the Roses”. That made the entire book a hit for me and I wish I’d see that kinda thing more often. It was beautiful touch and gave me all the feels.

I love this b
Christie
Aug 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Romance and bromance

This book also connects to Weathered Too Young but can be read individually without you feeling lost. However if you want to go in chronological order this would be second.

I LOVE this book! It is so sweet and romantic. Definitely able to get you twitterpated. Not only that but there are some really good descriptions or phrases that stand out. Best of all I really like the bromance of the men in this story. It's just so funny the way they get along together.
Annalisa
Jan 14, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this cowboy romance. I have recently discovered this author and I find that I really like her style a lot.

Amazon product description:
Courtney
Jun 16, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thank you Marcia for concluding the story of the Evan's brothers from Weathered Too Young!! The Windswept Flame follows Weathered Too Young and the story of Tom Evan. Tom Evan is just as delicious in this book as he was in the first book and I was so happy to hear how he was doing and what was going on in his life!!

There were two new characters added to this story, young Cedar and her widowed mother, who move back to their home town where Tom Evans lives. After Cedar and her mom both face great
Jennybug
Oh Marcia! How do I love thee books? Let me count the ways.....

1. Handsome boy meets beautiful girl
2. Some silly trouble
3. Someone older makes little comments about sparkin'
4. An injury occurs (a good reason to see our hero's amazing torso)
5. He champions her
6. Steamy kissing scene occurs (pg139) You'll want to go back and read it twice
7. Another misunderstanding occurs
8. A reason to be alone???
9. Even better yet, another reason for our hunk of burning love to strip off that shirt again
10. Off
Jo Notary
Historical Cowboy/Ranch
260p Broken 14irreparably broken. The violent deaths of her father and the young man she 19d been engaged to marry, had irrevocably broken Cedar Dale 19s heart. Her mother 19s heart had been broken, as well 14shattered by the loss of her own true love. Thus, pain and anguish 14fear and despair 14found Cedar Dale, and her mother Flora, returned to the small western town where life had once been happy and filled with hope. Perhaps there, Cedar and her mother would find some
Trisha
Feb 03, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 1-10, young-adult-lit
I read this book because I used to be a huge Marcia fan. I hadn't read any of her books in a long time because I have been so preoccupied with required readings for school. But my sister loved this one and my friends kept wanting me to read it so I thought I would take the time to read it. It's strange how much my value of literature has changed. I would not recommend this book to anyone who reads to be enlightened. This is strictly a fun and light romance novel. Every page is filled with the mo ...more
  • Jayhawk
  • The Guise of a Gentleman (Rogue Hearts, #2)
  • The Kissing Tree
  • Hearts Through Time
  • The Heart's Warrior (Medieval Romance Trilogy #1)
  • Loyalty's Web (Poitevin Hearts, #1)
  • Courting Miss Lancaster (The Lancaster Family #2)
  • The Legend of Shannonderry
  • The Pirate's Desire
  • A Secret Fire
  • Just Ella (Books of Dalthia #1)
  • Peace River (Rockland Ranch, #1)
  • Captive Heart
  • The Promise (The Lady Quill Chronicles, #1)
  • Lady Emma's Campaign
  • My Sweetheart (Love and Dessert Trilogy, #3)
Born in Albuquerque, New Mexico, Marcia Lynn McClure grew up influenced by the reminiscent stories of rugged, rural Colorado farm life fascinatingly recounted to her by her parents, grandparents, uncles and aunts…tales of runaway buckboards, mule-drawn plows and dust pneumonia; verbalized images of stream-flooded meadows, frozen over in winter, where a child could peer through the crystal clear ic ...more
More about Marcia Lynn McClure

Evans Brothers (2 books)
  • Weathered Too Young

Romance Deals

• The Wedding Shroud (Tales of Ancient Rome, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Release Me (Stark Trilogy, #1)
  • Better Off Without Him
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Veronica's Dragon (Icehome, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • No Prince Charming (Secrets of Stone Series Book 1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • A Loyal Heart (An Uncertain Choice, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Surrender (Steel Brothers Saga, #6)
    $7.99 $2.49
  • Forged in Smoke (Red-Hot SEALs, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunted (The Warrior Chronicles, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Husband's Regret (Unwanted, #2)
  • Be My Reason
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Cuffed (Honor Bound Book 2)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • His Unlikely Lover (Unwanted, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Love Me Sweet (Bell Harbor, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forged in Ember (Red-Hot SEALs, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taking Catie (Temptation Saga #3)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Desire After Dark (Gansett Island, #14)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Scotch King (Scotch #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • This Love of Mine (Mirror Lake, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Your Scandalous Ways (Fallen Women, #1)
  • The End of Feeling
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Seaside Hearts (Love in Bloom: Seaside Summers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forgotten Secrets (Singing River Legacy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Knight (Endgame, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Storm Warrior (Grim, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bayside Passions (Bayside Summers, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures with a Rookie (Misadventures, #11)
  • Finding Libbie: A Novel
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Love at Last (Love in Bloom: The Bradens at Peaceful Harbor, #6.5)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Nitro's Torment (Sydney Storm MC #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Strange Hymn (The Bargainer #2)
  • Only You
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Lily and the Duke (Sex and the Season #1)
  • A Girl's Best Friend
    $9.99 $1.99
  • My Once and Future Duke (The Wagers of Sin, #1)
  • Surrender/Submission Bound Hearts 1 & 2
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Burn (Steel Brothers Saga, #5)
    $7.99 $3.49
  • Mistress of Magic
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Duchess Deal (Girl Meets Duke, #1)
  • INK: A Love Story on 7th and Main
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Misadventures of a City Girl (Misadventures, #2)
  • A Ruthless Proposition
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hearts at Seaside (Sweet with Heat: Seaside Summers #3)
  • Hometown Girl
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mind (Trinity Trilogy #2)
    $6.99 $2.49
  • Rhapsodic (The Bargainer, #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Room Mate (Roommates, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Decaying Empire (The Vanishing Girl, #2)
  • The Forgiving Hour
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Bright Side (Bright Side, #1)
  • The Fixer Upper
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Room for More (Cranberry Inn Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Chasing I Do (The Eastons #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Forever Hunted (Forever Bluegrass #9)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Slow Dance in Purgatory (Purgatory, #1)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Cafe by the Sea
  • That Month in Tuscany
    $6.99 $2.49
  • My Brother Michael
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Something in the Way (Something in the Way, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Elect (Eagle Elite, #2)
  • Just Friends
    $7.80 $2.99
  • To Taste Temptation (Legend of the Four Soldiers, #1)
  • Ghosted
  • Dodging Temptation
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Billionaire's Final Stand (Billionaire Bachelors, #7)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Find Me (Corrupted Hearts #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Blackmailing the Billionaire (Billionaire Bachelors, #5)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Hunger (The Energy Vampires #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Billionaire Falls (Billionaire Bachelors, #3)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Runaway Heiress (Billionaire Bachelors, #6)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Treading Water (Treading Water, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Life Next Door (Love Not Included Book 2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Undeniable Love (Journey Of Love Book 2)
  • Bittersweet
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mr. Perfect (Mister, #1)
  • Made for You
  • The Light In Summer
    $5.99 $1.99
  • For Love and Honor (An Uncertain Choice, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Collision Point (Brute Force, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Journey Home
  • Heirs of Grace
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Storm Bound (Grim, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Unforgettable Love (Journey of Love Book 3)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Prom Night in Purgatory (Purgatory, #2)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Valiant (Spy Girl Book 4)
  • Dear Aaron
  • Running Barefoot
    $5.95 $1.99
  • Wrecked
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Sapphire Heist (Jewel, #2)
  • The Other Side of the Story
    $10.99 $1.99
  • One Fell Sweep (Innkeeper Chronicles, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Out of Focus (Adams Grove, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Eighth Grave After Dark (Charley Davidson, #8)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • What If
  • Impossible Saints
    $22.73 $1.99
  • Hudson (Fixed, #4)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Only a Millionaire (The Sinclairs #6.5)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Elite (Eagle Elite, #1)
  • Kulti
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Soul Summoner  (The Soul Summoner, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • April / May / June (Calendar Girl #4-6)
    $8.99 $3.99
  • Lumière (The Illumination Paradox, #1)
  • Valorous (Quantum, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tempting Dusty (Temptation Saga, #1)
  • When Never Comes
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Misadventures with the Boss (Misadventures, #12)
  • Baby Daddy
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twice Bitten (Argeneau #27)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Misadventures of a Good Wife (Misadventures, #6)
  • Calendar Girl: Volume Three
    $8.99 $3.99
  • Love and Other Unknown Variables
    $7.99 $0.99
  • Storm Warned (Grim, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Real Thing (Sugar Lake, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Bronze Horseman (The Bronze Horseman, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Journey's End (Gilded Promises)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Light After Dark (Gansett Island, #15)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Pecan Pie and Deadly Lies (Adams Grove, #4)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • How To Marry A Werewolf (Claw & Courtship, #1)