Start by marking “Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices, #1)” as Want to Read:
Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices, #1)

Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices #1)

4.33  ·  Rating details ·  563,984 Ratings  ·  26,339 Reviews
There is an alternate cover edition for this ASIN here.

Don’t miss The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones, soon to be a major motion picture in theaters August 2013.

In a time when Shadowhunters are barely winning the fight against the forces of darkness, one battle will change the course of history forever. Welcome to the Infernal Devices trilogy, a stunning and dangerous pr
Published August 31st 2010 by Margaret K. McElderry Books

To ask other readers questions about Clockwork Angel, please sign up.
Sanne I'd recommend reading those books in the order they were released:
City of Bones
City of Ashes
City of Glass
Clockwork Angel
City of Fallen Angels
Clockwork…more
I'd recommend reading those books in the order they were released:
City of Bones
Clockwork Prince
City of Lost Souls
Clockwork Princess
City of Heavenly Fire

From Clockwork Angel on, both series kind of intertwine and some things are foreshadowed in one series that is going to happen in the other. This way you're reading it as Cassandra Clare intended the story to unfold, and you won't be accidentally "spoiled" for one series. :)(less)
Julie I actually preferred to read Mortal Instruments before... It gave me a better sense of the shadowhunter world when I got to read the Infernal Devices.…moreI actually preferred to read Mortal Instruments before... It gave me a better sense of the shadowhunter world when I got to read the Infernal Devices. However, I read the Infernal Devices after I read City of Glass. That was actually a good idea because if you read the Infernal Devices series after City of Glass, you can catch some references to the Infernal Devices in City of Fallen Angels, Lost Souls, and Heavenly Fire. At least some of the most prominent references to Infernal Devices came after City of Glass. Also, by the time you read up to City of Glass in the other series, you're already pretty well developed in the shadowhunter world in knowing what's going on. So, when you get to Infernal Devices, you would not have to learn the basics of everything.(less)

Kat Kennedy
Sep 06, 2010 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Don't ask. I'll only start swearing.
Jesse (JesseTheReader)
THIS WAS SO GREAT. I'm so glad that I finally picked it up! I'm going to be doing video review/discussion for this so be on the look out for that soon on youtube.com/jessethereader :)

reread: 4/22 - 4/28
Lola
description

When people ask me ''Who is your favorite author?'' I never know exactly what answer to offer. I very much enjoy reading L.J. Smith’s books. But C.S. Pacat is my favorite M/M author! And let’s not forget how amazing J.K. Rowling’s Harry Potter series is. Oh, and have you heard of Kiera Cass? She wrote such a swoon-worthy love story! And Eliza Crewe, Leigh Bardugo, Laini Taylor and Marissa Meyer are all new favorite authors of mine.

Nonsense. No need to be torned ever again.

description

Cassandra Clare...is, t
Etnik
Mountain View

____________________________________________

____________________________________________

Mountain View

☆☆☆☆☆5 FULLY STARS!☆☆☆☆☆

You can find the full review and more about this book on my blog!

I never thought this could be that good.I had started "City of Bones" (the first book of The Mortal Instruments by the same author) but it didn't work for me so I thought this could be the same but I was

Mizuki
This book got 1.5 stars from me simply because I was also reading Tiger's Quest by Colleen Houck, and comparing with Tiger's Quest, Clockwork Angel looks like it deserves 1.5 stars...

In order to save you some precious time, I will tell you my honest reaction to Clockwork Angel right here, right now:

Thank you, Shou.

Also, when I first opened the book, I was faced by this description as well:

Magic is dangerous-but love is more dangerous still.

*sighs* What kind of soap-operatic shit is that!? I hat
Wendy Darling
A fan of Will Herondale, are you? Prepare to swoon.

The Dirty Sexy Attic Scene, from Will's point of view: http://www.cassandraclare.com/cms/loss1

Yeah, yeah, it's a little over the top in parts, but who cares? :D Yum

Merged review:

I don't give many 5 star reviews, but this one is definitely a 5 star book for me. While I liked Mortal Instruments, I wasn't as rabid a fan as I know many people are, so I read Clockwork Angel out of curiosity more than anything else...and I'm so glad I did!

This book is
Kat O'Keeffe
Mar 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was SO GOOD! I will admit I'm not the biggest fan of 3rd person past tense, so it did take me a little while to get into it, but once I did WOW! The world building and the characters and the story are all fantastic and woven together SO well, and the ending was brilliant, full of action and surprises! I've already grown attached to these characters and have become invested in their story and their secrets--I'm especially dying to know what's going on with Will!

Overall, an EXCELLENT fir
Samantha
1. Yes, I'll be doing a review for this on my channel.
2. Yes, I'll be continuing the series.
3. No, I won't tell you who's "team" I'm on yet 🙃
Mikee Andrea (ReadWithMikee)

Find me on Instagram & Twitter!

Clockwork Angel was AMAZING. If you love The Mortal Instruments, then you will surely love this book, maybe even more than the original series itself. And if you didn't, well I honestly believe The Infernal Devices will succeed in what The Mortal Instruments failed to do.

The characters were one hundred times more better than that of The Mortal Instruments! Everybody was so much more likable and mature. I really thought for a second that Tessa Gray was older
Dorreh
Sep 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shivered with excitement all throughout the book!

“One must always be careful of books, and what is inside them, for words have the power to change us.”

I would cry, but I still haven't read the clockwork princess, so I feel my time would be wasted. This book was so so so good. I can easily say this is one of the best books I've read in a while. It's been a stressful couple of months, but this book was a place I went to where all the stress, the unhappiness, and depression of the past couple of mo
Janina
To be honest, I’m not quite sure how to rate this book. It wasn’t all bad, but I wouldn’t say it was good either. It was rather boring at times and the story dragged heavily, especially in the middle and towards the end. None of the characters has become particularly dear to me. I didn’t buy the love story.
However, I think I would have liked it much better if I hadn’t read the Mortal Instruments series before. But the books are so similar (which was to be expected, I know, as they are set in th
Cara
Mar 20, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: A must for TMI fans
Oh you guessed it I read this to up my book count! So, granted it's not an entire book but I really needed to catch up.

For those of you that didn't know about it here is the link. It's the attic scene from the Will's perspective.

This just made me more excited for Clockwork Prince to come out. Goodness I am not patient these days!

Merged review:

Seriously blown away doesn't even cover it. I have to admit I had my doubts and reservations about how this book was going to turn out. We have the eve
Kiki
What a load of bloody melodrama. This book ought to be sung in operatic fashion by a cast of three in a slightly seedy theatre in Brooklyn. It's the sort of book that's dreadfully self-important but really, when you think about it, nothing happens: a few people appear, some technology gets destroyed, two things kiss and stuff, and between all that is a metric ton of filler.

Listen, I'm not going to lie and say I didn't kind of enjoy it. This was my third attempt at reading this, and I guess thir
Elise (TheBookishActress)
Some of you might know me for, well, this review. You know, my most popular, most liked one-star review of City of Bones? That one? So I guess the thesis of this review could be people change. Oh, no, not me - I still think that book was a piece of shit, because it really was. I mean Cassandra Clare. As in she got better at writing.

The BIG thing that shocked me here was how incredibly addicting this was. Like, I tore apart City of Bones, but kind of the main thing about that book was that it was
Maggie
Mar 20, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2017
It's not a long life, killing demons; one tends to die young, and then they burn your body—dust to dust, in the literal sense. And then we vanish into the shadows of history, nary a mark on the page of a mundane book to remind the world that once we existed at all.

It's really hard for me to review a book everyone loved and have high expectations but then end up not even liking it because maybe your expectations were too high, not met, or you were just bored. In my case, it was all. Expectati
Emma
I think y’all know at this point that I am absolute trash for all of the shadowhunters books so if you missed my livetweet reread here are the collected highlights and my definitive list of Opinions:

▪the automatons are creepy as FUCK and I’m honestly surprised I didn’t have nightmares about them
▪Will is overdramatic as HELL but I relate
▪“do you often sleep tied to the bed?” this is some serious kink exposure Will
▪Tessa and Will nerd out over books together sdfjdsaldfj
▪CHARLOTTE BRANWELL IS MY NE
Beth
I literally cannot give anything less than 5 stars for this book, this is my all time favourite series and I'm SO happy to be re-reading it.

"It is as great a thing to love as it is to be loved. Love is not something that can be wasted.

So, as we all know this was a re-read for me. I've never wrote a review for this, so this is all fresh and new. I'm so excited to write this and have been wanting to do so for a long long time! I can finally do so now. I was so scared to re-read this, I thought may
Reader-ramble
Jul 15, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Absolutely no one.
Cassie Clare. We meet again.

I apparently have gained a following because of these reviews, and they have convinced me to use my analytical powers on The Infernal Devices series. You could say I'm easily swayed because I lack dignity. But this is really just too much fun. It's so much fun, I need to be stroking a cat.

First, the usual disclaimer. This review contains spoilers, griping, whining, over thinking, and general ranting. Trolls need not apply.

Let's get started.

Ladies and gents. Gather 'ro
Ashley Brooks
Mar 19, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult
I now understand the Will Herondale hype.
✨    jamieson   ✨
god i'm so fucking emo about will herondale i got it fucking bad for that boy

“Whatever you are physically...male or female, strong or weak, ill or healthy--all those things matter less than what your heart contains. If you have the soul of a warrior, you are a warrior. All those other things, they are the glass that contains the lamp, but you are the light inside.”

It was interesting to read this back now in 2017 as someone much older. When I first read this in 2012, I was not even in highschoo
Sana
Please read Maggie's amazing review. She sums up whatever I have to say about this book, perfectly.

Listen guys, I tried. I seriously tried!!!! But this was so slow and boring for me, I just couldn't get into it no matter how hard I tried to make myself like it. I was originally going to give this one star, but at times it was a little fast paced and action packed.

Since I already read TMI before this series, the whole info. about Shadowhunters and stuff bored me and I really couldn't find mysel
Sandra
Most people are constantly raving on about Clockwork Angel and the whole TID trilogy being better than TMI, and i'm like 'I ain't gonna believe that shit til i see it'. So, i brought the book. Was it better from TMI? Big, fat NO.

The beginning (1-100 pg)
tumblr mkgjge Er031qlxvxuo1 500 zps6d211303

100-200 pages
bored zps81708225

The beginning till the middle was horrible. I had to force myself to keep on reading. It was so tedious i had to fight the urge to fall asleep. Most of the stuff was not even relevant and important! There was so much small, annoy
Chelsea Humphrey
I have heard so many people say that they love TID much more than TMI, so I decided to make this my Suspenseful Clues and Thrilling Reviews choice for July! (Prompt-a book that starts with the first letter of your name.) I'm really excited to finally meet the characters that everyone else is constantly talking about!
Maureen
Jul 09, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I originally read this....not sure when? Probably around release date or soon after Clockwork Prince was released...but I reread by listening to the audiobook and it was fantastic!

I definitely didn't love this as much as I did when I read it the first time but I still really enjoyed it!

JEM IS A PRECIOUS CINNAMON ROLL. WILL IS A TORTURED SOUL. TESSA I JUST THE BEST.

I love this world and I love the steampunk elements so much. My only qualm with the audiobook is Gabriel Lightwood's voice because it
Jasmine
"It was books that made me feel that perhaps I wasn't completely alone."--Will Herondale

So, this is it. My very first book by the incredibly popular writer, Cassandra Clare, and she didn't disappoint me at all. I've always wanted to give her books a try and see what the hypes are about but was taken aback by such a HUGE chronicle. I mean, there are other series more or less related to The Infernal Devices or The Mortal Instruments and I have the habit of readathoning all of them. Fortunately
Felicity Jackson (gowithflick)
Utterly brilliant.
Nadhira Satria
Feb 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So uh this is my first Cassandra Clare book and I actually liked it!
I read this because a shit ton of my friends recommended it to me and I finally succumb to it lmao ✨

RTC
grace
Mar 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
(Reread) JEM JEM JEM...also love Will, but JEM
Ashley Nuckles
Apr 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Reread in 2017 and it almost took me an entire month to read it which is crazy. Also I think I'm turning into more of a Jem fan this time around! Though honestly if she'd ended up with either Jem or Will I'd have been happy either way because they're both so amazing.
Andie
Beautiful no matter how many times I've read it.
Will or Jem?? 554 1294 Jul 15, 2018 03:04PM
Word Game Starting On "Will" 1276 707 Jul 06, 2018 05:47AM
Fantastic Books a...: Clockwork Angel 4 5 Jul 02, 2018 05:22PM
Addicted to YA: Tessa Gray (The Infernal Devices) 56 660 Jul 01, 2018 01:08PM
Addicted to YA: Will, Tessa, and Jem 119 985 Jun 27, 2018 01:09PM
Will or Jem? 5 9 Apr 22, 2018 06:37PM
  • The Iron Knight (The Iron Fey, #4)
  • The Indigo Spell (Bloodlines, #3)
  • The Demon's Covenant (The Demon's Lexicon, #2)
  • The Lost Saint (The Dark Divine, #2)
  • Foretold (The Demon Trappers, #4)
  • Hallowed (Unearthly, #2)
  • Emblaze (The Violet Eden Chapters, #3)
  • Silence (Hush, Hush, #3)
  • Tiger's Quest (The Tiger Saga, #2)
  • With All My Soul (Soul Screamers, #7)
  • The Gray Wolf Throne (Seven Realms, #3)
  • Whispers at Moonrise (Shadow Falls, #4)
  • Perchance to Dream (Théâtre Illuminata, #2)
  • Desires of the Dead (The Body Finder, #2)
  • Red Glove (Curse Workers, #2)
  • Demonglass (Hex Hall, #2)
  • Devil's Kiss (Devil's Kiss, #1)
Hello Goodreadsers. Here's my official bio:

More about Cassandra Clare

The Infernal Devices (3 books)
  • Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices, #2)
  • Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices, #3)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• Bright Smoke, Cold Fire (Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, #1)
  • The Gold-Son
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Trail of Dead (Scarlett Bernard, #2)
  • The Regulars
  • Childhood's End
  • The Mirror
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Nyxia (The Nyxia Triad, #1)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The Voyage to Magical North (The Accidental Pirates)
    $5.67 $2.99
  • Raven's Peak (World on Fire, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Swords and Deviltry (Lankhmar, 1)
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Rebel Wing (Rebel Wing #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Garden of Stones (Echoes of Empire, #1)
  • Dracula [Kindle in Motion]
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Autumn Republic (Powder Mage #3)
  • The Thickety: A Path Begins
    $6.24 $1.99
  • Stinger
  • Lost Voices
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Blade Itself (The First Law, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Extracted (Extracted Trilogy #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Dragon Haven (Rain Wild Chronicles, #2)
  • Isle of Blood and Stone
  • Spirit Hunters
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Haven (War of the Princes, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus (Cirque des Immortels, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Brilliance (Brilliance Saga, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus: Act Two (Cirque des Immortels, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Better World (Brilliance Saga, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Written in Fire (Brilliance Saga, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus: Final Act (Cirque des Immortels, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Secret of the Sirens (The Companions Quartet, #1)
  • Ocean of Storms
  • Artful
  • Till We Have Faces: A Myth Retold
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Chains of Command (Frontlines, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Angles of Attack (Frontlines, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Lines of Departure (Frontlines, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga #2)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Into the Dim
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Terms of Enlistment (Frontlines #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Altered Carbon (Takeshi Kovacs, #1)
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Kull: Exile of Atlantis
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Fury (Blur Trilogy #2)
  • Gears of War  Aspho Fields
  • Midnight Robber
  • Taken (Taken, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Lion of Senet (Second Sons Trilogy, #1)
  • City
    $7.99 $1.99
  • You Suck (A Love Story, #2)
  • The Chocolate Touch
  • Storm (Elemental, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • A Perfect Blood (The Hollows, #10)
  • Mama Day
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • The Caves of Steel (Robot, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Imitation (Clone Chronicles #1)
  • Infinite
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Boundary Lines (Boundary Magic, #2)
  • The Mermaid's Sister
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Space Between Heartbeats (Betwixt #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Boundary Crossed (Boundary Magic, #1)
  • The Great Glass Sea
    $15.99 $1.99
  • Boundary Born (Boundary Magic, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Warded Man (Demon Cycle, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Kissed by Darkness (Sunwalker Saga, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dragon Marked (Supernatural Prison, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Blood Kissed (Lizzie Grace, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • A Glimmer of Hope (The Avalon Chronicles #1)
  • Celia and the Fairies
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Best Served Cold (First Law World, #4)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Valor (The Faithful and the Fallen, #2)
  • The Last One
  • Genesis
    $11.99 $1.99
  • To Honor You Call Us (Man of War, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunter's Trail (Scarlett Bernard, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Abyss Beyond Dreams (Commonwealth: Chronicle of the Fallers, #1)
  • Wool: The Graphic Novel
    $7.99 $2.99
  • And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1)
  • Ticker
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Barsk: The Elephants' Graveyard (Barsk, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Dead Spots (Scarlett Bernard #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Concealed (Lakewood, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
“One must always be careful of books," said Tessa, "and what is inside them, for words have the power to change us.” 18426 likes
“Only the very weak-minded refuse to be influenced by literature and poetry.” 13542 likes