Start by marking “Shaman King, Vol. 6: Road Trip to Izumo” as Want to Read:
Shaman King, Vol. 6: Road Trip to Izumo

Shaman King, Vol. 6: Road Trip to Izumo

(Shaman King #6)

Back in action with a new body to abuse, Tokagero is out for revenge against Amidamaru, the samurai who killed him 600 years ago. But when Amidamaru is in danger, it spells trouble for spirit medium Yoh.
Published May 4th 2005 by VIZ Media LLC (first published January 20th 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Shaman King, Vol. 6, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shaman King, Vol. 6

Start your review of Shaman King, Vol. 6: Road Trip to Izumo
Doc
Feb 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shaman King is Rated Teen and has scenes of combat, ghosts, Anna roughly grabbing a Tanuki sack to force the truth out of him (for those that know tanukis you know what sack I am talking about which is cringe worthy), and at least one scene of Ren in the shower (though no frontal nudity) so use your best judgement on whether you want to read this book or give it to a younger reader.

Yoh had an idea at the end of the last volume of Shaman King and the fruits of his idea grow as Faust VIII
Cristina Boncea
Jan 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
This volume has a few extra scenes compared to the anime episodes. For instance, I didn't know about Morty's family and their business or at least, I don't remember him having to fly to the US.

However, in this book Yoh loses his fight against Faust and his life is saved by Tao Ren, his next opponent. Yoh goes back to Izumo and trains in the cavern for 7 days. When he comes back, his mana is much stronger and he's now ready to fight Tao Ren - and he has to win!

I can't get rid of the thought that
Brandon
Mar 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, mango-comix
As can probably have been assumed, Yoh takes an "L" against Faust, putting him at one Win and one Loss, allowing the narrative to progress toward a rematch against Tao Ren. We can forgive Takei for the predictability of his plot, as it would otherwise have been a minor waste to have just had the initial fight against Ren with no follow-up to incorporate the manga's new use of Furyoku/Oversoul techniques.

In a slight hiccup, Takei introduces Ren as Yoh's third opponent in the Shaman Fight by
Matt
Nov 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another very good volume. In this one we get to see where Yoh grew up and how he can increase his power to advance in the tournament. The writing and artwork is solid and the characters contained within continue to be interesting. The storyline is continuing to heat up and I’m anticipating Yoh’s next match.
Hannah Belyea
Mar 13, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: adult-only
The battle of Yoh versus Faust may be coming to a painful close, but what Yoh learns while fighting is about to lead him and his friends on a journey to strengthen their Mana! Takei expand the colorful world of the "Shaman King" series with this interesting entry. How much Mana will it take for Yoh to grow strong enough for his next opponents?
Ty Ridgway
Aug 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
it was good
Ame Lia
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was ok
Questo numero l'ho trovato banale rispetto agli altri, spero che già dal prossimo le cose cambino ...more
Augustus Oldridge
Aug 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Muy buena continuación de la historia. Nada más que comentar, siguen por el buen camino.
Lauren
Not a bad manga, just not my favorite. I enjoyed the anime more.
Diego Mauricio
Sep 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Bueno conocimos un poco más sobre la historia familiar de Yoh, termina la pelea con fauto VIII, y quedamos a la expectativa sobre la última pelea de la fase premilinar del torneo de shamanes.
Sara
Yoh continues to fight the disturbing Faust VIII and we even get a glimps into his past and find out who his ghost is- his dead wife. Her death launched him into necromancy and insanity. However, this is a fight that Yoh loses and causes a rift in our main characters. Here we also learn that Yoh's next opponent will be Tao Ren.

Manta ends up in the hospital to be sewn back together. His family doesn't approve of his choice of friends and decide to send him to America. He finds Yoh in the hospital
Mona Loise
Jul 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Ah friendship. What a great thing to have.

"You're at your best place where you're comfortable. That's why you have things you like to do. You're at your best place where you're comfortable. That's why you have things you like to do." - Ryu to Manta
Laurianne Uy
Mar 31, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
I always liked Yoh as a Shonen Jump protagonist. I found him the most humble, the most laid back and generally a guy I would have wanted to be friends with.

Looking forward to finishing this series.
Essi
Oct 30, 2016 rated it liked it
Weird racoon & fox with condoms (?) on their tails and squished balls... Weird stuff.
Timothy
Jan 25, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
Wow. Character development AND a new power up!

Volume 4 of Shaman King focuses on You's attempt at gaining strength in preparation for the next battle of the tournament: his rematch with Tao Ren.
Doremili
Apr 25, 2014 rated it it was ok
Le bajo muchas estrellas a este volumen porque a pesar de ser sumamente interesante, odio demasiado a ese zorro y el tanuki me da mucho asco... Los detesto.
Pikachu20
Jan 22, 2019
Juani Roldán
Mar 01, 2016
i hate shomen king 1 9 Apr 07, 2012 10:02AM

• 鬼滅の刃 2 [Kimetsu no Yaiba 2] (Kimetsu no Yaiba, #2)
  • 鬼滅の刃 1 [Kimetsu no Yaiba 1] (Kimetsu no Yaiba, #1)
  • 鬼滅の刃 3 [Kimetsu no Yaiba 3] (Kimetsu no Yaiba, #3)
  • 鬼滅の刃 4 [Kimetsu no Yaiba 4] (Kimetsu no Yaiba, #4)
  • 鬼滅の刃 5 [Kimetsu no Yaiba 5] (Kimetsu no Yaiba, #5)
  • 鬼滅の刃 6 [Kimetsu no Yaiba 6] (Kimetsu no Yaiba, #6)
  • 鬼滅の刃 8 [Kimetsu no Yaiba 8] (Kimetsu no Yaiba, #8)
  • 鬼滅の刃 7 [Kimetsu no Yaiba 7] (Kimetsu no Yaiba, #7)
  • 鬼滅の刃 10 [Kimetsu no Yaiba 10] (Kimetsu no Yaiba, #10)
  • 鬼滅の刃 9 [Kimetsu no Yaiba 9] (Kimetsu no Yaiba, #9)
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 20 [Boku No Hero Academia 20] (My Hero Academia, #20)
  • The Quintessential Quintuplets Vol. 1
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 19 [Boku No Hero Academia 19] (My Hero Academia, #19)
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 16 [Boku No Hero Academia 16] (My Hero Academia #16)
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 15 [Boku No Hero Academia 15] (My Hero Academia, #15)
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 13 [Boku No Hero Academia 13] (My Hero Academia, #13)
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 12 [Boku No Hero Academia 12] (My Hero Academia, #12)
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 14 [Boku No Hero Academia 14] (My Hero Academia, #14)
Hiroyuki Takei (武井宏之 Takei Hiroyuki) is a Japanese manga artist, best known as the creator of the manga and anime Shaman King. His brother, Hirofumi Takei (武井宏文) is also a manga-ka.

Shaman King (1 - 10 of 32 books)
  • Shaman King, Vol. 1: A Shaman in Tokyo