Start by marking “Red Cell (Rogue Warrior, #2)” as Want to Read:
Red Cell (Rogue Warrior, #2)

Red Cell (Rogue Warrior #2)

3.93  ·  Rating details ·  1,776 Ratings  ·  38 Reviews
A brilliant virtuoso of violence, Richard Marcinko rose through Navy ranks to create and command one of this country's most elite and classified counterterrorist units, SEAL TEAM SIX. Now this thirty-year veteran recounts the secret missions and Special Warfare madness of his worldwide military career -- and the riveting truth about the top-secret Navy SEALs.

Marcinko was a
Published (first published March 1st 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Red Cell, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Red Cell

Marci
Jan 18, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Once again, loose morals, awful language, but intriguing story. Sometimes the author's bravado gets on your nerves, and sometimes you think it would take that kind of bravado and extreme self confidence to be able to accomplish the things he writes about.

Some passages that I marked:

"It is like this. Warriors are different. Whether you are a master of the ancient Chinese martial art of tai chi chuan, a sniping instructor at the Marine sniping school at Quantico, or a master chief at BUD/S out at
Shain Wozniak
Jun 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
More good stuff from Demo Dick!
Ian
May 06, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I think I read this for all the wrong reasons. Rogue Warrior ended with Marcinko running Red Cell, a group that was hired to break into military instillation and plant fake bombs to test security. It's a really cool idea that sounded a lot of fun, so when I saw the next (entirely fictional) book was named Red Cell, I expected to read a lot more of that. Instead, it's 400 pages of Demo Dick talking about how great he is.

The strong, offensive, cowboy-like persona Weisman portrays Marcinko as is a
Benjamin King
Apr 30, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read the first Rogue Warrior book when it came out years ago, so my memory of it is vague, but I think it was non-fiction. In this one, Marcinko and his ghost writer John Weisman tell a "might have happened" tale in which the Rogue Warrior is put back on active duty for ambiguous reasons. It's a classic plot of chase and capture and delayed revelation - the only two real plots for any action story. I had personal contact with a real Navy SEAL for years, and so the military jargon and the brava ...more
RJ
My first Rogue Warrior book. I liked it. I've only been able to acquire abridged versions of Marcinko's books and I don't like those versions. I'm also on the fence whether I really like Marcinko performing the narration. He has a way about him that seems to compliment the writing, but I wonder if it would have been better with an experienced narrator. I may listen to one or two more abridged versions to get a better feel for his character, but I'd much rather find unabridged copies as I said.
Shane
Feb 12, 2010 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Unlike the first book that was a true story, this one is purely fiction and not even good fiction. I read it when I was 16 so maybe it's not as bad a I remembered but knowing Marcinko personally, I had hoped to see him continue with real events and stories. Being the son of "Gold Dust Frank" from the first book, I knew there was plenty more he could of went on about in a second book. My guess is he took a lot of flak from NAVSPECWAR after the first and decided against it.
Christian D.  Orr
Aaaahhhh, such a fond trip down Memory Lane. re-readig this book for the first time since 1999.....

RANDOM STREAM-OF-CONSCIOUSNESS NOTES AND OBSERVATIONS:
--p. 24: WTF? Whatever happened to "Thou shalt never ASSume?"

--p. 27: Wow, Demo Dick actually uses the "slide release" (not "slide stop" or "slide lock") to drop the slide--especially on the Glock?!
D.L. Thomas
I thought this was incredibly fun to read. I like the first-person style. Marcinko is just such an appealing character, and I was always looking forward to whatever he was going to do next. I will definitely be reading more in the series.
Jfarley
Marcinko, thought writing the same book over and over, makes for a great afternoon... although you have to wash your mouth out with soap,etc afterwards.

He's so manly, there is hair on this book.
Random57
Mar 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Well done!

Great job Marcinko! I'm a Navy veteran of 21years . (Not a SEAL) The resistance to change is through out the service. We thank the man for folks like you. You're a breath of fresh air. Outstanding book!
Ed
#2 in the Rogue Warrior series.

Rogue Warrior series - fiction - This is the story of how Marcinko and a handful of picked SEALs defeated a high-level plot to smuggle nuclear weapons into the hands of Japanese rightists.

Linda
Jun 11, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This one was the best of the series. Though is work is "fictional" ... he makes sure you know it really isn't (he's just tweaked some names or locations to avoid going back to jail).
Lloyd
Feb 15, 2008 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: war
One of the worst books I've ever read
Andrew
May 10, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not bad.. a fictionalized sequel to the first Rogue Warrior. A little dry and forced at times, but certainly entertaining.
Eric Sandoval
Nov 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
awesome
Tomáš Sekerka
Oct 06, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Zajímalo by mě, co z toho je pravda, a co fikce :) Zábavné čtení!
Steve
Rogue Warrior
Timothy Boyd
The further "real life" adventures of the author. Recommended
Jon
Jan 17, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Not as good as I was hoping for.
Hildegart
I didn't find this book as enjoybable as the first Rogue Warrior book or Green Team.
Suzanne
Feb 01, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2005-and-earlier
This book just pulled me in and I was completely enthralled by all that he wrote.
Corinne
Good book. Not my favorite by Marcinko - but good none the less.
Pat
Mar 10, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: suspense
Why is this guy so appealing and fun to read about?
Larger than life hero.
Good story.
War games, stolen weapons.
wally
Sep 21, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: marcinko
lots of action, shooting, probably some drinking or two. very entertaining read!
Fred Malpass
Aug 24, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This was just awful. Just a book full of posturing and tiny dick swinging, not worth the time for sure.
Susan
Oct 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of my favorite badass characters!
Abe
Jan 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What an awesome book. I know this book is "fiction" but is it really real? It is an amazing story, true or not, with a brilliant ending.
Mandie
Sep 25, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
apparently he got in trouble with the last book because of some "Military secrets" or whatnot so marcinko went to writing novels instead. Still funny and still good.
Matthew
Dec 18, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
So bad, so so bad
Ricky
And now the fiction starts...but it's damn good fiction. Awesomely action-packed and incredibly irreverent, so it's not to be missed.
  • Delta Force: The Army's Elite Counterterrorist Unit
  • Dead Shot (Kyle Swanson Sniper, #2)
  • Point Man
  • Rogue Threat (Threat, #2)
  • Sea of Fire (Tom Clancy's Op-Center, #10)
  • Shadows of Steel (Patrick McLanahan, #5)
  • Under Fire: An American Story - The Explosive Autobiography of Oliver North
  • The Kremlin Device (Geordie Sharp, #3)
  • Brother to Dragons
  • Zero
  • The Pocket Dangerous Book for Boys: Things to Do
  • Blueprint for Armageddon (Hardcore History #50-55)
  • Tier One Wild (Delta Force, #2)
  • Shadows of War (Red Dragon Rising, #1)
  • Inside Delta Force: The Story of America's Elite Counterterrorist Unit
  • Death and Honor (Honor Bound, #4)
  • One Shot - One Kill
Richard Marcinko is the author of the Rogue Warrior thrillers and is a living, breathing hero honored with the silver star and four bronze stars for valor, along with two Navy Commendation medals and other honors. After serving in Vietnam, he went on to start and command SEAL Team 6, the Navy's anti-terrorist group, and Red Cell, a high-level anti-terrorist unit. Marcinko keeps his hand in the fie ...more
More about Richard Marcinko...

Rogue Warrior (1 - 10 of 17 books)
  • Rogue Warrior (Rogue Warrior, #1)
  • Green Team (Rogue Warrior, #3)
  • Task Force Blue (Rogue Warrior, #4)
  • Designation Gold (Rogue Warrior, #5)
  • Seal Force Alpha (Rogue Warrior, #6)
  • Option Delta (Rogue Warrior, #7)
  • Echo Platoon (Rogue Warrior, #8)
  • Detachment Bravo (Rogue Warrior, #9)
  • Violence of Action (Rogue Warrior, #10)
  • Vengeance (Rogue Warrior, #11)

“Experience had taught me that warthogs who tough it out are better in combat than your natural gazelles.” 1 likes
“The goddamn Air Force was probably taking a coffee break. That’s how they worked—like union bus-drivers—most of the time. Six or seven hours of flight time (not to exceed this or that altitude, of course), and then it was bye-bye for a didy change, a nap, and a cup of cocoa.” 1 likes