Start by marking “A Masterpiece for Bess (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #7)” as Want to Read:
A Masterpiece for Bess (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #7)

A Masterpiece for Bess (Tales of Pixie Hollow #7)

3.99  ·  Rating details ·  1,940 Ratings  ·  56 Reviews
Messy, creative Bess is perfectly happy creating her paintings in her out-of- the-way studio, never worrying about what the other fairies think. But after she unveils a new portrait of Tinker Bell, she finds herself in a whirlwind of attention. Every sparrow man and fairy in Pixie Hollow wants her to paint his or her picture! With hundreds of fairies to please, suddenly Be ...more
Published September 11th 2007 by A Stepping Stone Book (first published January 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about A Masterpiece for Bess, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Masterpiece for Bess

Rachel
Apr 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, 2017
I loved this one! I loved one thing she realized near the end (view spoiler)
Alexa
Oct 02, 2008 rated it it was amazing
I think that this book was very good. In fact it was the first fairies book that I had ever read. This book was about a fairy Bess and she is an art talent fairy. She has her own studio and everything. When she makes Tinker Bell a life sized portrait everyone in Pixie Haven wants one! Fairies are knocking at her and giving her things that they had made with their talents. Unfortunately Bess is getting very tired and a little grumpy. Will she have enough time to finish everyone's picture?
Katie
Apr 15, 2008 rated it really liked it
Abby and I have had a lot of fun reading these books together. They are quick reads and Abby likes to hear the stories about all the different faries in Pixie Hollow. They also keep my interest so I have had fun reading them to her. She doesn't read yet so she really likes that there are pictures every couple of pages to help her understand better what we are reading.
Conan Tigard
Nov 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
I felt very sorry for Bess in A Masterpiece for Bess. Have you ever been in the situation where you do something and everyone loves it? They all say that want the same thing from you and at first it is great. Then, because of the work involved, you start to feel overburdened. Then the stress hits and you wish it had never happened. This is what happens to the main character in A Masterpiece for Bess.

The thing we learn about fairies is that they jump from one fashion to another, always latching
Tamara
Mar 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I know, I know. It's a kid book you say. It's meant for younger kids. maybe ages 3-8 years old. But I have to confess a secret. I am obsess with Peter Pan and Tinker Bell.

I thought the book was very good and very well written. I believe the author tries to show good morals in each one of these Disney Tinker Bell series/stories. I actually read another one of these books as well and loved it.

In this book, Bess is a Painting faerie and because she painted a picture of Tink, and everyone saw it,
Sarah Crawford
Jan 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
Bess is an art-talent fairy who has painted a beautiful portrait of Tinker Bell. When she shows the portrait, though, everyone is so impressed that, one by one, and even sometimes in groups, other fairies want (and sometimes just expect) Bess to draw their portraits, also.

The list of fairies grows longer and longer as Bess runs out of paints and nearly drowns while trying to get some more paint material.

While she is doing all of this she is seeing other things in the forest that she would like t
Coralie
Dec 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Cute addition to the series. This story teaches a good lesson in boundaries and the value of following genuine inspiration. Sometimes it's easy to get caught up in the demands and wishes of others, but there should always be an appropriate balance to your time. As always, enjoyed the characters and the cute little plot. I enjoyed seeing a "not-so-popular" character come to the light.

Re-read: 12/29/15
Rachel
Jun 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
Cute and fun reading about this artistic fairy who suddenly gets the “task” of creating portraits for almost every fairy in Pixie Hollow! Bess would much rather be painting a sunset or flowers in the meadow, but since she loves her friends, how can she say no? The fairy's are counting on her...or are they just using her?

It's always hard to say “no”, especially to your friends. A fun story with a good message about standing up for yourself and not letting people take advantage of you.
Elizabeth
Feb 04, 2009 rated it really liked it
This was on the clearance rack at Target, and it had my name in it, and she's an artist - so I had to pick it up. I think it's adorable. Typical kids moral type story, but it's a good one about the fickleness of ideas and staying true to your own inspirations.

Even though I don't have kids, I'm actually considering going back and picking up the other books in this collection. I think it's a cute story, and there's a little bit of the original fairy mythology in there.
Elizabeth
Jul 06, 2009 rated it liked it
Annie
Jan 04, 2009 rated it it was amazing
In this book Bess is the Best Art-Talent Fairy in Pixie Hollow when she made a portrait of Tinkerbell for fixing her best palette knife. Tinkerbell show everyone the Painting that Bess made for her. Now every fairy in Pixie Hollow want a portrait of them so they give Bess all these great stuff. She wanted to be nice so she said to the fairies that she would make them a painting so now she has 15 paintings to do in one day. will she finish the in time you will have to read the book to find out.
Angela
Apr 19, 2013 added it
Bess is a talented art fairy. When Tink fixes a pallet knife for her, she returns her with a portrait of Tink. When Tink shows it to everyone, they love it and ask for portraits of themselves.
Bess can hardly keep up with all the demands from Dulcie, and Rosetta, and plenty of others. But then she gets an idea. It would be a masterpiece. If only she had time to work on it instead of all the portraits.
Shannon McGee
Jun 26, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Children of all ages.
Shelves: faeries
Very cute. I thought this really captured the artist in me. I don’t know if I would say Bess is my favorite fairy thou but I see a lot of myself in her she’s messy, and likes to paint when wants to. I read this fairly quickly it is somewhere in the mid range for a chapter book not too easy and not to hard but definitely an enjoyable story.
Harley
Jul 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was suck a fun and cute book. This was exactly what I needed to help me get out of my tiny little slump. It was fine to read and felt like I was 10 again and obsessed with Disney's fairies. Glad I got around to reading this.
Samuel
Jul 01, 2007 rated it liked it
Shelves: children
I was curious to see why all of the kids are so wild about the Disney Fairies books. It's well-rendered, and carefully constructed so as to appeal to both the kids and the product marketing department. Not really my thing, but I do understand the appeal now.
Mindy
Aug 20, 2011 rated it really liked it
My daughter and I enjoyed reading yet another fairy book. We love how whimsical the stories are and the additions of the beautiful artwork. I enjoyed the simple message that this book taught as well. All the fairy books are so delightful and easy to read!
Emilie E. Faye
Apr 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens, fantasy
This was a very cute read with a good positive message for young readers. My niece isn't a year old yet, but I will be sending these to her in the hopes my sister reads them to her at bedtime and saves them for when she is old enough to read them and interpret the message on her own.
PWRL
Jul 02, 2014 marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2014-new, 2017-new
A
SM
Courtney
Feb 21, 2008 rated it really liked it
Ah, the pains of being an artist... cough cough.
LeAnn
May 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
its a great book because it is about someone who can't really say no and she ends up having to paint a lot of portraits and...
Candi Olsen
Dec 04, 2014 rated it liked it
This is the best Disney Fairy book I've read so far. It might have been because we read it together as a family or it might be because it's about self discovery.
Sydney
Feb 06, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
good
Ari
Sep 25, 2013 added it
hmmm?
Jessa
May 12, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kids-books
I read this to my four year old and she really enjoyed it, wants to get others in the series now.
Jaime
Apr 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
We love all the disney fairies series!
Kiara Hanna Quinncilla
Hey Kids!! Read this and you won't regret!:)
Talia  S
May 28, 2011 rated it liked it
great book!
Sydney
Nov 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
bess paints a portrait of tinkerbell and shows it to everybody. then all the other fairies decide they want a portrait of themselves too. bess becomes overwhelmed and tired from everyone's demands.
Benie  M
Feb 27, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
I've had this book in my house for as long as i don't know, and I'm finally reading it.
Aliza Heslop
Jan 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
It was a very good fairy book and it teaches the lesson of being true to yourself.
  • Fira and the Full Moon (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #6)
  • Prilla and the Butterfly Lie (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #8)
  • Beck Beyond the Sea (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #10)
  • Lily's Pesky Plant (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #4)
  • Beck and the Great Berry Battle (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #3)
  • Tink, North of Never Land (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #9)
  • Rani in the Mermaid Lagoon (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #5)
  • Four Clues for Rani (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #21)
  • Fairy Haven and the Quest for the Wand (Disney Fairies #2)
  • In the Realm of the Never Fairies: The Secret World of Pixie Hollow

Tales of Pixie Hollow (1 - 10 of 24 books)
  • The Trouble With Tink (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #1)
  • Vidia and the Fairy Crown (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #2)
  • Beck and the Great Berry Battle (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #3)
  • Lily's Pesky Plant (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #4)
  • Rani in the Mermaid Lagoon (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #5)
  • Fira and the Full Moon (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #6)
  • Prilla and the Butterfly Lie (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #8)
  • Tink, North of Never Land (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #9)
  • Beck Beyond the Sea (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #10)
  • Dulcie's Taste of Magic (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #11)