Start by marking “U.S.S. Enterprise Haynes Manual” as Want to Read:
U.S.S. Enterprise Haynes Manual

U.S.S. Enterprise Haynes Manual

4.17  ·  Rating details ·  260 Ratings  ·  21 Reviews

The U.S.S. Enterprise is without doubt the most famous starship in history. The vessels that have carried the name have saved the galaxy countless times and her captains, including Archer, Kirk, and Picard, have been legendary.

This Haynes Manual provides in-depth information about these extraordinary ships, from the Enterprise NX-01, to Captain Kirk’s Enterprise NCC-1701
Published November 2nd 2010 by Pocket Books/Star Trek (first published September 2nd 2010)

To ask other readers questions about U.S.S. Enterprise Haynes Manual, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about U.S.S. Enterprise Haynes Manual

Jul 17, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Now I will admit a serious amount of fan boy came in to play here (along with the Klingon Bird-of-prey) manual.

Now where do I start with my guilty secret - no seriously Star Trek has played a massive role in tv (and film) culture, has influenced countless others and proves it is still as popular and creative now as it was back in the 60s.

But back to the book. This book covers off all the various versions and generations of the USS Enterprise so really there is something here for every fan (apart
Stephanie R.
Feb 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, nonfiction
This is a great overview of all the ships that have carried the name Enterprise. It is very heavy on the 1701 (from TOS) but I suppose that is to be expected. And it is one of the only ones that did not get destroyed in glorious battle. The pictures are great too.
Brian Turner
May 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sci-fi
A look at all the starships to bear the name Enterprise, from the NX-01, up to NCC-1701-E.

Each ship is well described, brilliantly illustrated with cutaway diagrams and detailed labelled pictures of all the main parts.
The history of each ship is then described and various parts of the ship will have a more in-depth write up.

The original NCC-1701 (original series) and Enterprise-D (from The Next Generation) seems to get the lion's share of the book compared to the others. Not an issue by itself,
Quinn Rollins
Jan 29, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: science-fiction
There’s always been something about the U.S.S. Enterprise that made me want to go to there. Whether I was geekily devouring Star Trek novels that went to unexplored places on Captain Kirk’s Enterprise, or hoping the Borg wouldn’t completely assimilate Captain Picard’s, or later, cringing as the Next Generation Enterprise crashed into a planet’s surface in the movie Star Trek: Generations. Because as much as any individual member of an Enterprise crew was important to the stories being told, so w ...more
Mar 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: star-trek
Very impressed with this book of the Starships Enterprise NX-01 to Enterprise E.
Feb 17, 2017 marked it as to-read
Shelves: nonfiction
An excellent overview of all the different Enterprises. Includes details of ship layout, cross-sections, and overview of each ship's time in service. A wonderful companion guide for fans of the television series, movies, or novels.
Jonathan Jeckell
May 11, 2014 rated it liked it
A pretty good overview of all of the Enterprises from Star Trek, starting with NX-01 through Enterprise E. It included the cutouts and 5-way views of each, as well as some other systems. Again, it was a pretty good overview of all of them, along with a brief history of all of them, but it kind of big-hand-little-map compared to other technical manuals. It was kind of like the Chamber of Commerce tour of all of the ships in one volume. Maybe my expectations for a deeper level of detail are out of ...more
Dec 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This was a pretty fun novelty book. Set up to act like the many automobile repair guides put out, this book touches on the history, layout, and design of the various starship Enterprises from the various Star Trek movies and television shows. There are lots of really fun graphics and cut out images to give a good sense of where everything is located.

Much of this was familiar to me, but some of it was new, particularly with regard to the Enterprises B and C.
Oct 24, 2012 rated it it was ok
I'm a newbie Trekky but my partner's a huge fan.
I was actually more interested in the fact this was a Haynes manual of a fictional machine than in the Star Trek aspect.

I'm pretty sure if I was a full on Trekky I'd give this 5 stars.
But I was a little disappointed that it's a Haynes manual in name and cover style only.
The content is amazing but I was hoping for some old school Haynes design.
David Rhodes
Sep 15, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A Christmas gift that I have dipped in and out of (mainly because I left it at my parents' house).
I'd like to say that I learnt a lot from this book however I used to collect the Star Trek Fact Files and practically all the information was from there (not surprising when you realise they share the same authors)
Daniel Kukwa
Jan 24, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: star-trek
Geeky technical love. This is a gorgeous guide to our favourite starship, in all its makes a wonderful companion to all the other tech manuals...and rivals the DS9 tech manual for sheer gorgeous artistic layout.
Mar 14, 2013 rated it liked it
Now that Star Trek has turned a page with the reboot, this is the perfect final summary on the original saga of the Enterprise and its universe. Excellent pictures with some continuity information I found intriguing (so what did happen to the Enterprise-B?). This is a must-have for all Trek fans.
Mark D.
Aug 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned, sf-f
The half-star off is because, despite the title, there's nothing in the book resembling a real Haynes manual. But otherwise, this book is ship-geek nerdvana. Lots of detail about all seven versions of the Enterprise. Not many specs, but lots of images and explanation.
Sep 07, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Much more technical than I expected. Lots of complex engineering and scientific data, thoroughly researched down to measurements and operating systems - all fiction. Remarkable in its way. The universal translator still doesn't make any sense but I understand warp drives a lot better now.
Jeff Wyonch
Jan 01, 2015 rated it liked it
Not as in-depth as Okuda and Sternbach's original guide to the Enterprise-D, but it covers all Star Trek ships that had the name. It's a fun book, and stands as a good companion to the original.
Erika Mulvenna
Jul 13, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: miscellaneous
A neat read for moderate fans of Star Trek. I've read that some fans think this isn't enough information or was just repeated from other places - but I've never seen this stuff before.
Mark Abukoff
Jun 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is a fun book, with interesting technical notes. Might just be my aging eyes, but some of the print is extremely small. And this is not a hard tech manual. 4 out of 5 enthusiastically....
May 10, 2012 rated it it was ok
I was hoping for more technical and less discussion of Star Trek operations and basic background of the Star Trek universe. It is still a lot of fun to own and flip through.
Jan 21, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: couldn-t-finish
Ridiculous amount of detail. Lots of in-jokes for science geeks. Too nerdly for me, I'm afraid.
Dec 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Like all the techno-babble in one perfect package!
Nina Mao
Aug 29, 2016
  • Ships of the Line
  • Star Trek Federation: The First 150 Years
  • Star Trek 365: The Original Series
  • Star Trek: The New Voyages, 2 (Star Trek Adventures, #6)
  • Star Trek Star Fleet Technical Manual
  • Star Trek: The Next Generation Companion
  • Star Wars Millennium Falcon Owner's Workshop Manual
  • The Star Trek Encyclopedia
  • Star Trek: Tales from the Captain's Table
  • Star Trek: The Next Generation Technical Manual
  • Sci-Fi Chronicles: A Visual History of the Galaxy's Greatest Science Fiction
  • Prophecy and Change (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine)
  • Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Companion
  • Star Trek Cookbook
  • The Nitpicker's Guide for Next Generation Trekkers Volume 1
  • A Ceremony of Losses (Star Trek: The Fall)
  • Cast No Shadow (Star Trek)
  • Star Trek: The Next Generation / Doctor Who: Assimilation2, Volume 2