Start by marking “Fièvre (Les loups de Mercy Falls, #2)” as Want to Read:
Fièvre (Les loups de Mercy Falls, #2)

Read Excerpt* *Different edition

Fièvre (The Wolves of Mercy Falls #2)

3.91  ·  Rating details ·  139,032 Ratings  ·  9,114 Reviews
Grace et Sam doivent se battre pour être ensemble. Grace défie l'autorité de ses parents et garde un très dangereux secret, tandis que Sam lutte avec son passé de loup-garou. Mais Cole, un nouveau loup, menace de détruire ce fragile équilibre. Et Isabel, pourtant amie de Grace et qui a déjà perdu son frère, se rapproche de lui...
Broché, 408 pages
Published October 1st 2010 by Hachette Jeunesse (first published July 13th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Fièvre, please sign up.
Steff Millington This site is a way for people to keep track of the books they have read. When you click read it means you have read them in the past tense. If you…moreThis site is a way for people to keep track of the books they have read. When you click read it means you have read them in the past tense. If you want to read it again you will have to download it or buy it or borrow it from the library. It's not a site where you can read the books online in the present tense, oh how the English language likes to confuse. Hope this helps :)(less)
Simone Yes! This book is fantastic. Isabel and Cole play a big role, and the plot is fantastic and page turning. There's also a healthy continuation of the…moreYes! This book is fantastic. Isabel and Cole play a big role, and the plot is fantastic and page turning. There's also a healthy continuation of the Sam/Grace romance. :) (less)

Morgan F
It's about time I write this review.

I wasn't blown away by Shiver, but that doesn't mean I wasn't eagerly waiting for Linger. I seem to be in the minority here, but I liked Linger more than I did Shiver.

I still don't understand Sam though. I've decided not call him gay anymore, because he makes it abundantly clear that he loves Grace. So instead, I will just call him feminine. I mean this boy
1. bakes bread
2. reads German poetry
3. writes sappy love songs
4. cooks
5. folds paper
6. is sensitive (ak
Kai
Apr 02, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
“She made her home in between the pages of books.”

Don't need to say much about this one. It's a worthy follow-up to Shiver and a perfect prequel to Forever. I loved this series. It's perfect for a wintery night or two and a hot cup of tea.

Find more of my books on Instagram
Janina
Hm. When this book arrived, I wasn't so sure if I should read it right away or if it would be better to wait for the final book of the trilogy, Forever, to be available. In the end, I was simply too curious ;).
But a small warning: This book ends on a major cliffhanger.

Altogether, the book wasn't bad - rather slow, though - but it was one of those sequels that wouldn't really have been necessary in my opinion.
While I wasn't totally ecstatic about Shiver, I definitely would have remembered it as
Jasmin
Maggie Stiefvater has a divine way with words. She describes things in vivid detail that had the ability to enchant anyone. She concocts beautiful colloquies that leaves the reader in raptures.

I am a reader.

So why the hell am I giving the book Linger, which was written by an exceptionally talented Maggie Stiefvater, two stars if I'm all praises at her writing?

What the hell went wrong?

Well, I honestly don't know either, but despite the writing being lyrical as most goodread users put it, the book
Maja (The Nocturnal Library)

You know that feeling when you’re floating on water? All your senses are dampened, you are weightless, careless and completely relaxed. There aren’t any loud sounds, you are safe, perfectly happy and everything else seems a mile away... That’s EXACTLY how Maggie Stiefvater’s writing makes me feel. I want to hug this book and never ever let it out of my sight.

Grace and Sam are finally together, but they live in fear. They are constantly afraid that things will go back to the way they we
Victoria ♡
Apr 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Actual rating: 4.5

Oh my God...I have no words this was amazing! The ending had me freaking out it was so tense, ahhh I'm so scared for book 3.

The story was so good, usually 2nd books in series are all boring, but I kept reading and reading waiting to see what happened. The plot builds so well and I absolutely loved Cole! His character is amazing and I loved his POV chapters.

Honestly these books the different POVs work so well, like you can really tell who you're reading from and they all work
Jessica Olson
May 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, werewolves
Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow.
I can't even describe how I feel right now..
I love this book so much :(
Linda
Jul 20, 2010 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2010
Penny
Actual Rating 1.5 stars.

I did not like it, I wasn't interested in the story line or the characters at all. I SHOULDN'T HAVE READ IT. There is no trace here of what made me love Shiver so much. I regret reading this book immensely, to me the story was closed in the first book and there was no need for a continuation.

Originally, when I first finished reading Shiver I had no intention of reading Linger (or any other book of the series for that matter), I was flawlessly happy and content with how
Amelia, the pragmatic idealist

While reading Linger, I kept thinking, "Wow, I really like this. This is awesome. But I still like Shiver better..." And I kept that sentiment up until the last few chapters. Then it ended. And now, I have to say that I like both books EQUALLY. I agree, Linger's ending isn't entirely out of the blue, and I actually had my suspicions that the story *would* end "that way," but my reading experience was still enjoyable and engrossing.

I do think it's fair to say that the tones of Linger and Shiver a
kazually
i have no idea why there’s a book after Shiver with an ending like that but here we are. we even have a whole series. isn’t that delightful? this series is being dragged so much. Shiver felt like it was being dragged and Linger did too. so many different things were repeated so often throughout this book it just felt overally really boring.

if i got paid a doller the amount of times Sam said that he couldn’t believe he was cold but still ‘Sam’, or made a reference to that in this book i would be
Dannii Elle
For a book supposedly about wolves, this book has surprisingly little actual wolf content and, instead, has been dominated by some love-struck teenagers and their boring, angsty romance. 400 pages of teens lamenting their inability to sleep next to each other, is a bit too much for me... And the total lack of any other plot sealed this book's fate!

If not for Stiefvater's evocative depictions of the wooded setting this book would have had zero positive features. I am sold on her ability as a trem
Exina
"If you don’t have memories, it’s like you never existed."

Linger is book 2 of the The Wolves of Mercy Falls series, a sequel to Shiver.

The Prologue says almost everything about the story, so the ending is not very surprising. Despite its predictability, the story has still many beautiful and heartbreaking moments. Linger is melancholy, sometimes maddening and frustrating with Grace’s mysterious illness, Sam’s misgivings and disorientation, Cole’s emptiness and suicidal thoughts, Isabel’s sad
Thomas
There are certain books that inspire me so tremendously, so irrevocably, that I know these books fuel the flames of my passion for reading and writing. Shiver, and now Linger, have joined these ranks.

Linger is the sequel to Shiver, and continues the bittersweet story of Sam and Grace, two lovers who fight for the right to be together. Sam stays sorrowful in the absence of Grace and desperately tries to avoid his past. Grace grows weak and frightful, while her hopes of a future with Sam dissipate
Lora
In the second installment to the Wolves of Mercy Falls series: Sam is having trouble believing in his cure, Grace is acting strangely and feeling like she doesn't fit into her own skin anymore, and a new wolf is in Mercy Falls: Cole, the once lead singer of a popular rock band, NARKOTIKA, is dealing with the issues of straddling the line between man and wolf. But honestly? He'd rather stay a wolf than deal with the problems that come with being human.
Meanwhile, Isabel, the girl who had to deal w
Mary
Oct 31, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Didn't like it as much as Shiver, but it was still amazing <3
Maggie ☘ (Reader in Wonderland)
Isabel and Cole are by far much more interesting than Sam and Grace.
Nomes
Linger gets off to a slow start - which I didn’t mind b/c the prose is engaging and I liked the characters from last time - so it was nice to settle into the groove.

Problem is - the slow start lingers until halfway through the book.

200 pages of Not A Lot Happening.

At which point I check the blurb to try and figure out what the book is about anyways - because half way in and I had no idea.

sooo... after finishing it i’m still not sure what it is about? what were the stakes? what did the protags
Miss Kim
Apr 19, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This one barley made 4 stars for me...

Sadness. Despair. Hopelessness. Depression. Impending doom. This is the tone of the second book in Ms. Stievfater’s Mercy Falls series. I absolutely loved Shiver, but the tone of Linger just brought me down. I should have been able to read this in one or two days, but it took a week because I kept putting it down.

Sam and Grace are still the main focus in this story. Sam is no longer a wolf, and things should be great right? Wrong. Sam is conflicted about los
Mari
Mar 18, 2010 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Diana Torales
Sep 17, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016-reads
OMG :c Tengo que calmarme con otras lecturas antes de seguir con el último libro
Joyzi
Apr 23, 2010 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Peeps who don't mind plotless novels
Recommended to Joyzi by: Maggie Stiefvater
I can say that Maggie still showed her talent of writing beautifully in this novel, the way she wrote it was really really good that it made the book tolerable despite its flaws. The book for me was okay it could be amazing but my problem with the book was it's completely plotless, plotless, plotless, and it was also extremely slow in pace.

I think the last part of the book was the only one that makes sense that I thought finally that...okay, somehow it has a plot and probably I would still be re
Sophie Riggsby / allthingsequilateral
What can I say? Except I loved Shiver and truth be told, I always fret a little bit about sequels. I mean, can an author capture that feeling of my first infatuation with a book? That delicious little feeling of "Wow, I have to keep reading this?"

Well, I have to say that Maggie Stiefvater did. She did it all over again and I sit back amazed at her storytelling skills.

This time around it's not just about Sam and Grace. There's more...in fact there are four POVs represented in the book. And while
Riv
Jun 24, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Originally posted at: rivreads.blogspot.com

I was a little tentative to start Linger because of the multiple points of view. As you know, instead of Shiver's two characters-Grace and Sam-we have four; the original two along with Isabel and Cole.

I felt like the plot buildup was a little slow. It started out awesome; I had high expectations. Then something happened that made me really excited, but then it died down again very quickly. The main problem was something wrong with Grace, and I felt like
Kay M. Fraser
Nov 20, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: unreleased
How do you start the review of one of the best books you have ever read?
Do justice to it? I'll do my best.

Linger is the story of Sam, Grace, Isabel with the introduction of a new character to the mix Cole.

I don't believe in spoilers. I believe in telling people the reasons why this book is such a need for readers of the genre. Here it goes. Words describing what to expect.

Grace: Changing, Unpredictable, Strong, stoic, beautiful as ever, In pain, loving, considerate, and for the first time extre
Arlene
Rating Clarification: 3.5 Stars

Let me start off by saying that I did enjoy the book Linger … for the most part that is. Grace and Sam are definitely a likeable set of characters and the overall plot has a strong dose of intrigue to it. However, I found it a bit too slow paced for the first 300 pages or so as our main character suffered through headaches, fevers, bloody noses and fatigue waiting for the inevitable to occur.

The multiple POVs had me skeptical at first, and I think Stiefvater could
Lauren Wilson
Apr 03, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am not going to compare Linger with Shiver by saying it was better or worse because really, for me, that's like comparing snowflakes: very different but the same. Linger still had Sam, Grace, Isabel, the cold air, the sad feeling. But it also was different. New character, new point of views, new realizations.

As a Shiver fan, I was worried that these two new point of views (Isabel and Cole) would just be painful chapters while waiting for Sam and Grace to talk, but this was not the case. Part o
Yiota Misiou
Υπέροχο!!!

" Είναι για μένα;"
" Όλα μου τα τραγούδια είναι για σένα" είπε ο Σαμ.
" Όχι βιασύνες".
" Για σένα όχι. Εσύ πρέπει απλώς να κολυμπάς μέσα στη ζωή και να είσαι η Γκρέις, κι εγώ είμαι αυτός που πρέπει να τρέχει για να προλαβαίνει δημιουργικά και στιχουργικά το πως αλλάζεις. Δεν είσαι ακίνητος στόχος, ξέρεις".
Emily
4.5 stars because wowzers this got so much better than the first book.

While this book still definitely had its overdramatic romance moments, the plot and character development was exceptional yet again, like its predecessor. Also that ending, 10/10.

Of course, in the "The Wolves of Mercy Falls" book review tradition of mine, I will fill my review with glorious Teen Wolf gifs.

First of all, I genuinely despise Grace's parents.

Any time that a word came out of either of their mouths I could not he
Ashy Khaira
May 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: american-pie
Addicted to YA: Linger 1 33 Sep 01, 2017 08:45AM
Future Teachers, ...: Cassie's review #3 1 5 Sep 30, 2016 01:41PM
Audiobooks 3 11 Feb 08, 2016 11:30AM
Isabel & Cole 2 28 Jan 09, 2016 08:36AM
2015 Reading Chal...: Linger By Maggie Stiefvater 1 13 Aug 03, 2015 09:35AM
YA Buddy Readers'...: Linger by Maggie Stiefvater - Restarting April 24th 2015 112 125 May 06, 2015 07:19PM
  • The Lost Saint (The Dark Divine, #2)
  • Secrets and Shadows (13 to Life, #2)
  • Raised by Wolves (Raised by Wolves, #1)
  • Darklight (Wondrous Strange, #2)
  • Captivate (Need, #2)
  • The Reckoning (Darkest Powers, #3)
  • Nocturne (Claire de Lune, #2)
  • Shift (Shade, #2)
  • Shadow Hills (Shadow Hills, #1)
  • Gone (Wake, #3)
  • Spells (Wings, #2)
  • Radiant Shadows (Wicked Lovely, #4)
  • Wolfsbane (Nightshade #2; Nightshade World #5)
  • Unraveled (Intertwined, #2)
  • Deadly Little Lies (Touch, #2)
  • Crescendo (Hush, Hush, #2)
  • Guardian of the Gate (Prophecy of the Sisters, #2)
New York Times bestselling author of The Shiver Trilogy, The Raven Cycle, and The Scorpio Races. Artist. Driver of things with wheels. Avid reader.

All of Maggie Stiefvater's life decisions have been based around her inability to be gainfully employed. Talking to yourself, staring into space, and coming to work in your pajamas are frowned upon when you're a waitress, calligraphy instructor, or tech
More about Maggie Stiefvater

The Wolves of Mercy Falls (4 books)
  • Shiver (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #1)
  • Forever (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #3)
  • Sinner (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #4)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• Son of the Dawn (Ghosts of the Shadow Market #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Sanctuary (Nomad, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Genome (The Extinction Files #2)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Mechanica (Mechanica, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Wired (Wired, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Bandwidth (An Analog Novel Book 1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sufficiently Advanced Magic (Arcane Ascension, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Three Dark Crowns (Three Dark Crowns, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Bees
    $12.99 $1.99
  • The Land: Founding (Chaos Seeds, #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Mists of Avalon (Avalon, #1)
    $12.99 $2.99
  • Fool's Assassin (The Fitz and The Fool Trilogy, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Gone, #1)
  • Friday
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Dhalgren
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Moon Chosen (Tales of a New World #1)
    $8.51 $2.99
  • Homeworld (Odyssey One, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Recurve (The Elemental Series, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Deviants (Dust Chronicles #1)
    $4.49 $0.99
  • Before She Ignites (Fallen Isles, #1)
    $6.49 $1.99
  • The Kill Society (Sandman Slim, #9)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Out of the Black (Odyssey One, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Acacia: The War with the Mein (Acacia, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Menagerie
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Infinite (Gates of Thread and Stone #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Black Bird of the Gallows
    $7.99 $0.99
  • Eighth Grave After Dark (Charley Davidson, #8)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Making History
    $9.99 $1.99
“...she made her home in between the pages of books.” 1127 likes
“This is a love story. I never knew there were so many kinds of love or that love could make people do so many different things.

I never knew there were so many different ways to say goodbye.”
944 likes