Start by marking “The Indigo Spell (Bloodlines, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Indigo Spell (Bloodlines, #3)

The Indigo Spell

(Bloodlines #3)

4.39  ·  Rating details ·  87,596 ratings  ·  5,869 reviews
Sydney Sage is an Alchemist, one of a group of humans who dabble in magic and serve to bridge the worlds of humans and vampires. They protect vampire secrets--and human lives."
In the aftermath of a forbidden moment that rocked Sydney to her core, she finds herself struggling to draw the line between her Alchemist teachings and what her heart is urging her to do. Then
Hardcover, 1st Edition, 401 pages
Published February 12th 2013 by Razorbill / Penguin Group

To ask other readers questions about The Indigo Spell, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Lila Wayne
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Zorana
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Allegiant by Veronica RothClockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareThe Indigo Spell by Richelle MeadThe Elite by Kiera CassRequiem by Lauren Oliver
YA Novels of 2013
1,575 books — 11,041 voters
Allegiant by Veronica RothClockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareLover at Last by J.R. WardRequiem by Lauren OliverThe Indigo Spell by Richelle Mead
Can't Wait Books of 2013
2,500 books — 12,272 voters

More lists with this book...

·  87,596 ratings  ·  5,869 reviews

Start your review of The Indigo Spell (Bloodlines, #3)
Sam
No. Just no. I've literally just finished The Golden Lily and I feel like screaming and crying...and screaming and crying some more. The ending was pure torture!

Richelle, when your lying in bed at night, please think of us Adrian Ivashkov fans sitting at home re and re-reading chapter 24 looking a bit like this:

description

2013 is TOO far away! I NEED my daily dose of Adrian!

Update: GUYS! GUYS! ITAdrian!
shre ♡
Apr 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
(I know :( My gifs are all gone...but the review was too long XD)

UPDATE: OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!!! GUYS!!! I'M DONE DONE DONE DONE DONE!!!! AND OMG. WHO AT THE END HAD BIPOLAR FEELS FOR SYDNEY!? I was about to kill the girl one second and then she ACTUALLY decides to use her brain and make mumma proud!!! WOOOT!!! :D FLAILY FANGIRLY REVIEW TO COME XD

(I know :( My gifs are all gone...but the review was too long XD)

***********************************************************************

Holy mother of all things good and sane...what is...what has the world come to?! I'm sorry, I know I'm supposed to be writing a sane review which will give you guys enlightening insight into the book, but, *scoffs*, that's not how this is going to go down AT ALL. First of all, I'm going to really quickly address the people who have read the book...*blank stare*, secondly, I'm going to address the people who haven't...WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU GUYS!? No, really, pick it up now because you honestly don't know what y'all are missing out on! Especially all you fellow Sydrian's out there! I never thought as this series went along that the books would get better, instead, I thought they'd lose the appeal they once had, but that's not the case at all. Richelle Mead once again manages to put together a helluva novel with just the right amount of suspense, mystery, magic, action, vampire delicousness, evil witchiness, AND romance! I don't know how she does it, but she has once again brewed together a hot and tasty bestseller! Well done, Miss Mead, well done.

Once again, our main protagonist, Sydney Sage is back with a blast, but this time with a smexy sidekick (*cough* Adrian *cough*), and even more on her plate than a battle b/w good and evil. Not only does she have to deal with her witchy training, but also babysitting a bunch of "supposed" creatures that she'd been warned about her whole life, falling in love with one of them, battling evil witches, breaking long-held bonds, and basically having everything she's ever believed in come crashing down beside her. With an evil witch going around killing innocent girls, Syd's had to increase her witchly training. Her relationship with Adrian also grows more complicated with every steamy kiss. What she once thought was the truth, turns out to be a lie leading her to make a dangerous descision that will change her life forever. But of course, this is all in a day's work for Sydney Sage...

Ok, I'm going to start off by saying that I might have a slight crush on Sydney Sage. Seriously. Lot's of people don't like her for some reason, but to me she's smart, helpful, and strong! Yes, she has the whole leaning-towards-anorexia aspect going on, but with each book this starts to become less and less severe. In this book, she actually eats PIE. YES. CALORIE-PACKED PIE. Huzzah for Sydney! Just like in Bloodlines and The Golden Lily, Syd is back with her awesome investigative skills and kick-ass moves. I adore her for always trying to help out the best she can with everything even though she has a lot on her plate; shows that the girl's up for any challenge. So overall, Sydney did not dissapoint me at all in this book, and that's a rare when it comes to the main character for me.

Speaking of main characters, I, OF COURSE, have to bring up Adrian Ivashkov...*dreamy sigh*. He's on my top list of book boyfriends and always will be. Why? Because he has a great sense of humor, is poetic, protective, and...just...charming, yah dig? I honestly don't know what Rose DIDN'T see in him but did in Dmitri...eep, don't kill me, I know you can't help who your soulmate is, ha ha. Well anyway, thank god she didn't choose Adrian, because then we wouldn't have SYDRIAN *gasps at the thought*. Sydrian was as strong and funny as ever in TIS especially because they were basically stuck at the hip throughout the entire book, which, of course, I loved. Adrian played Robin to Syd's batman, and together, they were able to destory the joker, well in this case, evil witches (but there's really no difference). ALSO, and I warn you, some of the scenes in this book between Sydrian will be sure to send you guys through the roof so make sure you're tied securely to a chair! THE ROMANCE IN THIS BOOK WAS OFF THE DIGGY (yes...it deserves its own word).

Characters? Check. Plot? Check plus. Romance? Check PLUS PLUS. I don't know how to put into words how flawless this book was to me. I thoroughly enjoyed it, laughed, loved, and lived through it, breathed it, worshipped it, and basically made it my adobe for the entire read. This series has not diasspointed me once and is slowly making its way into my top three favorites.I don't just recommend it, I INSIST (or else I'll shove it into your face...maybe...wellll...yah I think I will, ).
Zoë
Dec 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
YESSSS. This was my favorite in the series so far! There was so much action, romance, and humor and SO many plot twists. Sydney is one of my favorite female protagonists and I am in love with her character development. Everything was just excellent and I cannot wait to see how the next book goes especially with that whirlwind of an ending!
Rimsa Ivashkov
Nov 14, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I was SO EXCITED to read an ARC because The Golden Lily was one of my favourite books of 2012, so naturally I couldn't wait to get my hands on TIS. It was as phenomenal as I was expecting and my expectations for the SYDRIAN stuff were very high based on Richelle and Penguin's tweets. I'm so happy to say that the book was HOTTER than I would have thought.

Adrian and Sydney's relationship develops a lot and Sydney finally realises her feelings for him. We get to see Sonya's wedding too, which was
ReesesPieces
Jun 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
THE MORNING AFTER.

"Maybe I shouldn't have stayed up all night reading that."

*Remembers ending of book*

I CAN'T EVEN

OMGOMG

YESYESYES

THE MORNING AFTER.

"Maybe I shouldn't have stayed up all night reading that."

*Remembers ending of book*

I CAN'T EVEN

OMGOMG

YESYESYES

WAIT NO ITS OVER :(

Katy
Jun 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I've never been a huge fan of Sydney, but she really grew on me in this book. Oh, who the hell am I kidding. I read this book solely for Adrian, and he sure did not disappoint.

08.05.12 - I just noticed the finished cover (released 07.12.12). Left tattooed guy has got to be Marcus.
06.26.12 - Yay! We have a cover! Um, who's the other dude?!?
06.14.12 - The Golden Lily had me until the last page!
I was like (view spoiler) ...more
~Poppy~
Sep 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
“I'm done with the pouting," he said. "Done with being moody—well, I mean, I'm always a little moody. That's what Adrian Ivashkov's all about. But I'm done with the excessive stuff. That didn't get me anywhere with Rose. It won't get me anywhere with you."
"Nothing will get you anywhere with me," I exclaimed.
"I don't know about that." He put on an introspective look that was both unexpected and intruiging. "You're not as much of a lost cause as she was. I mean, with her, I had to overcome her deep, epic love with a Rus
Wendy Darling
Hooray--my status with Richelle Mead goes from "it's complicated" back to "in a relationship" again! *throws confetti* This review is spoiler-free even if you haven't read any of the other books Bloodlines or VA books.

Vampire Academy is one of my favorite YA series and I'm usually a big fan of this author's, but I've had middling reacti
MischaS_
♥“If I was drunk, I wouldn’t be here at all. And really, this is pretty good for four White Russians.”
“White what?” I almost sat down but was afraid the chair might dematerialize beneath me.
“It’s a drink,” he said. “You’d think I wouldn’t be into something named that—you know, considering my own personal experience with Russians. But they’re surprisingly delicious. The drinks, not real Russians.”
(Side note, White Russian is really a great drink!)

This was amazing! I'm pr
Μaria Vrisanaki
I love each member of this “family”

Sydney and Adrian

description

They are the perfect couple! I think I like them more than Dimitri and Rose, because we read more scenes between them. Adrian respects Sydney and treats her like a woman, not like a child, as Dimitri did with Rose (the only thing that didn’t like between them). They have passion and romance.
I started remembering stuff I had forgotten and it's just so great to re-live all those feelings again. This book was more angsty than the previous ones but so soo good.
Pearl Angeli
I've read this gem together with sis Bea. You can read her beautiful review here. :)

The Indigo Spell has put a spell on me! Once again, Richelle Mead captivated me with yet another amazing Bloodlines sequel.

This book was overloaded with so many happenings that are very significant and important. In this sequel, Sydney Sage delved into more dangerous situations-- discovering her magical abilities and even finding out the conspiracies hidden by The Alchemists. Adrian was there for her all the time, supporting her and looking after her in every perilou:)
The
Jolie
Mar 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Okay. So what would you like to happen?
Me. I want (if these don't already happen in TGL)
~ Sydney and Adrian to date
Well, now that I've TGL, I guess I still want these to happen, but maybe I should say this:
~ Sydney and Adrian to kiss (again)

Okay, so The Indigo Spell is the third book in the really awesome Bloodlines series by Richelle Mead. It is hopefully going
Tanja (Tanychy) St. Delphi/James
Jun 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Tanja (Tanychy) by: read-along with my girls ;)
AFTER READING:
Review also posted at Ja čitam, a ti?

It's not a secret that I've always been team Dimka. He was - I believe - my first vampire crush and now looking back it's hard to believe that all those years passed by so quickly. Still I was happy to read Adrian's story as I've always believed that he need his HEA. I still don't how will he get one but he deserves it.

The Indigo Spell was one of most-expecting books this year and needless to say a lot of amazing books are coming out this year. So I was really ha
May 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: signed
Oh man SWOON!!!! Okay similar to the last review I have to say I'm still lying naked covered in cigarettes, alcohol, cheery slush and now also fondue begging Adrian to have his way with me!!! LOL Plus can I be an honorary member of AYE?!?!?!?!

Happy Indigo Spell Release Day!!!!

This will be more Adrian fangirling than anything resembling a review but I think that is what this book calls for!

Let's start with my husband of course! I say this all the time but I wo
♥ Becky  22

(Wow. Aren't I talented. :D)

After reading:

1) I want to marry Adrian Ivashkov.
2) I want a Callistana. (Do not google what that is.)

Every second I spent waiting for this book to come out was WORTH it.
Indigo Spell = SO, SOOO awesome.

That college party scene!

And THE FREAKING CALLISTANA (view spoiler)! I laughed so hard. Seriously, any scene with that thing was hilarious.

And EVERYawesome.
That:D)
Ida
I can’t even complain about that dreadful ending because I’m still full of RAINBOWS, GLITTERS, RUNNING TOWARDS THE SUNSET HAPPY SYDRIAN FEELS!

And that is far as spoilers I am willing(and able to give because I already feel the beginnings of the wrath of the God of No Spoilers *shudders*). So the rest of my review will stay hidden to spare my life, just to be sure because I think I won’t be able to stop myself with the surge of STRONG FEELINGS that
Jessica
Feb 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
OH. SNAP. Sydney what have you gotten yourself into now...
(full review to come on my blog!)
Mitch
Jun 12, 2012 rated it really liked it
Wow. For fans of Sydney & Adrian, Richelle Mead is on fire.

As for the actual plot, The Indigo Spell is my favorite of the series so far, although the different storylines needed a bit of juggling. But so looking forward to The Fiery Heart.

You can also see this review on my blog here.

There’s a reason why there are so few authors whose books I anticipate as eagerly as Richelle Mead’s. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not the kind of guy for whom an author can do no wrong, but after Vampire Academy, its s
Stacia (the 2010 club)
Conversation was irrelevant. Only pie mattered.

If you have not read the Vampire Academy series, I'd suggest you read part 1 of this review and stop there, or you will have VA spoiled for you (Bloodlines is a spin-off). If you have not read VA, then you are free to picture me scowling at you. Vampire Academy : Blood Sisters is going to be a movie soon, so get on it! Before you ask, don't even blaspheme my review by trying to compare this to Twilight. It's not the same. At all.

Why the random pie quote from this book? Be
Stephanie (Bookfever)
Bloodlines has grown to be one of my favorite YA book series, if not the favorite. And of course you all know I'm more than crazy about
Adrian Ivashkov.

So reading this books has become something I'm looking forward to everytime. I must say I like these better than Vampire Academy! *waits for VA fans to strike me down*
I just get so much joy from reading these Bloodlines books. Especially when Adrian comes in. *swoon swoon swoon* ;D
I loved it so much. So many amazing moments. Ahhh, Richelle Mead, y
Maja (The Nocturnal Library)
I’m pretty sure I’m not alone in the opinion that The Indigo Spell, with its 400 pages, is far too short. I finished it in a single afternoon and then I just sat there for a while, hoping it would grow a few (hundred) extra pages but sadly, I don’t share Sydney’s magical abilities. Not a single page grew and I had to let it go...for now.

The swoon factor in The Indigo Spell was so high that I had to fan myself on several occasions. If there is still a heart in this world that Adrian Ivashkov doesn’t own
Isabella
Jun 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing

Beautifully written book and great sequel!! I actually loved the developments in here, even if I can't really imagine what could happen next... Or better, I could, but all I see is me suffering and screaming because of the ANGST that is coming.
Sigh.
And it IS coming.

P.s. Sydrian <3

***

27/11/12 - Dear Richelle,
Just so you know, I haven't forgotten about your evil plans for this book and am still stalking you like there's no tomorrow.
Love the new pics from the trailer.
Sincerely, me.

09/08/12 - “Under normal circumstances, you inviting me to the bedroom would be the highlight of my day"
YES, Richelle.
Komal Mikaelson
I wrote this while I was high on Sydrian. So it'll probably contain lots of incoherent gushing and fangirling. Just warning.

Initial Reaction after completing the book

ASDFGHJKLWERTYUIOPMNBVCXZASDFGHJKLOIUYTREWQMNBVCXZ

Okay. I needed to get that out of my system.
But I'm so happy. So freaking happy!
I don't even know what to say. I am zapped. Speechless. Yep, it was that amazing.

What I loved
Callistana. Hair gel. COLLEGE PARTY. Dreams. Distractions. Math tutors. Airplane rides. Hopper. Ivashkinator. Quick Study. CALLISTANA. Loving from afar. Adrian(of course). Sydney. The opening line. Ms. T. Jamazing.
warning.
Beatrice ~ Confessions of a Pinay Bookaholic
Buddy read with the amazing sis Pearl. --> click to read her wonderful review. :)

Just a perfect read on a rainy night. There are LOTS of Sydrian moments and I just can't help highlighting and also smiling like an idiot. This is making me a hopeless romantic but I SHIP SYDRIAN SO HARD I HAVE HEART EYES. (Forgive me for fangirling, Adrian Ivashkov is just irresistible.)

The Bloodlines series just keeps getting better. I love how Richelle Mead adds more twist on Sydney's adventure as it focuses on t
Alexa
Jun 09, 2011 rated it it was amazing

My review can also be found on my blog Collections.

After reading The Golden Lily, I was on a high for months. I just adored that book so freaking much! Even when I eventually managed to calm down, I still had to get some kind of Sydney and Adrian fix at least a few times a week (thank you Tumblr!). It kept me sane, but it was never enough. Then starting about three weeks prior to the release of The Indigo Spell, I realized that I could not read a single book. No matter how hard I tried I couldn't f
Danielle
Jan 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
SYDRIAN JUST ASGLFSA DO I NEED TO SAY MORE
Athena ღ
Mar 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“You're my flame in the dark. We chase away the shadows around each other.”
Kübra ℂ⋆
Aug 16, 2012 marked it as to-read
Introducing me...
This is the madness that I experience when I'm waiting for the next book in a series to come out!

OH.MY.EFFING.GOD! The fucking COVER is released and it’s SHIT!

15/08/12 Just noticing the Cover of The Indigo Spell.

Then…

My reaction when I first saw the release date of The Indigo Spell.

Introducing me...

OH.MY.EFFING.GOD! The fucking COVER is released and it’s SHIT!

15/08/12 Just noticing the Cover of The Indigo Spell.

Then…

My reaction when I first saw the release date of The Indigo Spell.

^^^^ I’m sorry Sydrian. I didn’t mean to swear at you... It's just...soo..touching.

Realising 2013 is still like a fucking millennia away! I NEED MORE Adrian!!!

But who gives a shit! At least I know my Adrian is on his waaay!

Excuse me one moment, I just need to….

Then my best friend sees me and she’s all like…

Then I shout to her that The Indigo Spell’s cover is released and Adrian’s gonna be here soon (just a little white lie) and were like….

and then I’m back to……

….because the release date still hasn’t fucking changed and MEADS gonna make me fucking wait.

But inside.....I'm still Ecstatically excited!!!

4EVA & ALWAYS
Taschima
Jan 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
"Whatever logic and reason I normally possessed had melted away. There was nothing but flesh and fire left, and I wasn't going to lie to myself—at least not tonight. I wanted him. I arched my back, fully aware oh how vulnerable that made me and that I was giving him an invitation. He accepted it and laid me back against the table, bringing his body down on top of mine. That crushing kiss of his moved from my mouth to the nape of my neck. He pushed down the edge of my dress and the bra strap unde ...more
Addicted to YA: The Indigo Spell 5 67 Aug 25, 2018 08:14AM
Addicted to YA: This topic has been closed to new comments. Discussion Leader Sign Up: The Indigo Spell 7 43 Jun 11, 2018 06:42AM
How To Get Indigo Books Promo Code 1 2 May 28, 2018 03:43AM
Adrian Ivashkov F...: The Sage Family 116 139 Nov 08, 2016 12:01PM
Nothing But Readi...: Mead, Richelle - The Indigo Spell (Bloodlines #3); Informal Buddy Read; Starts February 6, 2016 18 28 Feb 12, 2016 06:19PM
pay after result spell caster 1 19 Nov 23, 2015 01:51PM

• City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1)
  • Demonglass (Hex Hall, #2)
  • Night World, No. 3 (Night World, #7-9)
  • Boundless (Unearthly, #3)
  • Foretold: 14 Tales of Prophecy and Prediction
  • The Rising (Darkness Rising, #3)
  • Midnight Alley (The Morganville Vampires, #3)
  • Hallowed (Unearthly, #2)
  • Apollyon (Covenant, #4)
  • Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices, #1)
  • City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments, #3)
  • Vampire Academy: The Ultimate Guide
  • The Eternity Cure (Blood of Eden, #2)
  • Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices, #2)
  • Onyx (Lux, #2)
  • Origin (Lux, #4)
  • Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices, #3)
  • Ghosts of the Shadow Market

A life-long reader, Richelle has always loved mythology and folklore. When she can actually tear he

Bloodlines (6 books)
  • Bloodlines (Bloodlines, #1)
  • The Golden Lily (Bloodlines, #2)
  • The Fiery Heart (Bloodlines, #4)
  • Silver Shadows (Bloodlines, #5)
  • The Ruby Circle (Bloodlines, #6)
“Because I can't help doing it," he said with a shrug. "And hey, if I keep loving you, maybe you'll eventually crack and love me too. Hell, I'm pretty sure you're already half in love with me."

"I am not! And everything you just said is ridiculous. That's terrible logic."

Adrian returned to his crossword puzzle. "Well, you can think what you want, so long as you remember-no matter how ordinary things seem between us-I'm still here, still in love with you, and care about you more than any other guy, evil or otherwise, ever will."

"I don't think you're evil."

"See? Things are already looking promising.”
1058 likes
“Adrian's face was the picture of perfect politeness and restraint, meaning something disastrous was about to happen.” 649 likes