Start by marking “The Indigo Spell (Bloodlines, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Indigo Spell (Bloodlines, #3)

The Indigo Spell (Bloodlines #3)

4.4  ·  Rating details ·  83,030 Ratings  ·  5,775 Reviews
Sydney Sage is an Alchemist, one of a group of humans who dabble in magic and serve to bridge the worlds of humans and vampires. They protect vampire secrets--and human lives."
In the aftermath of a forbidden moment that rocked Sydney to her core, she finds herself struggling to draw the line between her Alchemist teachings and what her heart is urging her to do. Then she m
Hardcover, 1st Edition, 401 pages
Published February 12th 2013 by Razorbill / Penguin Group

To ask other readers questions about The Indigo Spell, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Lila Wayne
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Zorana
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Allegiant by Veronica RothClockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareThe Indigo Spell by Richelle MeadThe Elite by Kiera CassRequiem by Lauren Oliver
YA Novels of 2013
1,578 books — 11,050 voters
Allegiant by Veronica RothClockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareLover at Last by J.R. WardRequiem by Lauren OliverThe Indigo Spell by Richelle Mead
Can't Wait Books of 2013
2,500 books — 12,336 voters

More lists with this book...

Sam
No. Just no. I've literally just finished The Golden Lily and I feel like screaming and crying...and screaming and crying some more. The ending was pure torture!

Richelle, when your lying in bed at night, please think of us Adrian Ivashkov fans sitting at home re and re-reading chapter 24 looking a bit like this:

description

2013 is TOO far away! I NEED my daily dose of Adrian!

Update: GUYS! GUYS! IT HAS A TITLE! The Indigo Spell! It sounds freakin' awesome! :D But.... :O February 2013?! Too long.

Update: A c
shreya
Apr 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
(I know :( My gifs are all gone...but the review was too long XD)

UPDATE: OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!!! GUYS!!! I'M DONE DONE DONE DONE DONE!!!! AND OMG. WHO AT THE END HAD BIPOLAR FEELS FOR SYDNEY!? I was about to kill the girl one second and then she ACTUALLY decides to use her brain and make mumma proud!!! WOOOT!!! :D FLAILY FANGIRLY REVIEW TO COME XD

***********************************************************************

Holy mother o
Zoë
Dec 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
YESSSS. This was my favorite in the series so far! There was so much action, romance, and humor and SO many plot twists. Sydney is one of my favorite female protagonists and I am in love with her character development. Everything was just excellent and I cannot wait to see how the next book goes especially with that whirlwind of an ending!
Rimsa Ivashkov
Nov 14, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I was SO EXCITED to read an ARC because The Golden Lily was one of my favourite books of 2012, so naturally I couldn't wait to get my hands on TIS. It was as phenomenal as I was expecting and my expectations for the SYDRIAN stuff were very high based on Richelle and Penguin's tweets. I'm so happy to say that the book was HOTTER than I would have thought.

Adrian and Sydney's relationship develops a lot and Sydney finally realises her feelings for him. We get to see Sonya's wedding too, which was
ReesesPieces
Jun 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
THE MORNING AFTER.

"Maybe I shouldn't have stayed up all night reading that."

*Remembers ending of book*

I CAN'T EVEN

OMGOMG

YESYESYES

WAIT NO ITS OVER :(

Katy
Jun 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I've never been a huge fan of Sydney, but she really grew on me in this book. Oh, who the hell am I kidding. I read this book solely for Adrian, and he sure did not disappoint.

08.05.12 - I just noticed the finished cover (released 07.12.12). Left tattooed guy has got to be Marcus.
06.26.12 - Yay! We have a cover! Um, who's the other dude?!?
06.14.12 - The Golden Lily had me until the last page!
I was like (view spoiler)
What
~Poppy~
Sep 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
“I'm done with the pouting," he said. "Done with being moody—well, I mean, I'm always a little moody. That's what Adrian Ivashkov's all about. But I'm done with the excessive stuff. That didn't get me anywhere with Rose. It won't get me anywhere with you."
"Nothing will get you anywhere with me," I exclaimed.
"I don't know about that." He put on an introspective look that was both unexpected and intruiging. "You're not as much of a lost cause as she was. I mean, with her, I had to overcome her d
Wendy Darling
Hooray--my status with Richelle Mead goes from "it's complicated" back to "in a relationship" again! *throws confetti* This review is spoiler-free even if you haven't read any of the other books Bloodlines or VA books.

Vampire Academy is one of my favorite YA series and I'm usually a big fan of this author's, but I've had middling reactions to her books across all genres since Spirit Bound and Iron Crowned. I am happy to report that the magic is back again for this latest installment of the Blood
Pearl Angeli
I've read this gem together with sis Bea. You can read her beautiful review here. :)

The Indigo Spell has put a spell on me! Once again, Richelle Mead captivated me with yet another amazing Bloodlines sequel.

This book was overloaded with so many happenings that are very significant and important. In this sequel, Sydney Sage delved into more dangerous situations-- discovering her magical abilities and even finding out the conspiracies hidden by The Alchemists. Adrian was there for her all the time
Jolie
Mar 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Okay. So what would you like to happen?
Me. I want (if these don't already happen in TGL)
~ Sydney and Adrian to date
Well, now that I've TGL, I guess I still want these to happen, but maybe I should say this:
~ Sydney and Adrian to kiss (again)

Okay, so The Indigo Spell is the third book in the really awesome Bloodlines series by Richelle Mead. It is hopefully going to be like The Golden Lily, a sad but happy story. Ric
Tanja (Tanychy) St. Delphi
Jun 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Tanja (Tanychy) by: read-along with my girls ;)
AFTER READING:
Review also posted at Ja čitam, a ti?

It's not a secret that I've always been team Dimka. He was - I believe - my first vampire crush and now looking back it's hard to believe that all those years passed by so quickly. Still I was happy to read Adrian's story as I've always believed that he need his HEA. I still don't how will he get one but he deserves it.

The Indigo Spell was one of most-expecting books this year and needless to say a lot of amazing books are coming out this year
May 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: signed
Oh man SWOON!!!! Okay similar to the last review I have to say I'm still lying naked covered in cigarettes, alcohol, cheery slush and now also fondue begging Adrian to have his way with me!!! LOL Plus can I be an honorary member of AYE?!?!?!?!

Happy Indigo Spell Release Day!!!!

This will be more Adrian fangirling than anything resembling a review but I think that is what this book calls for!

Let's start with my husband of course! I say this all the time but I would seriously lick the ground Adrian
♥ Becky  22

(Wow. Aren't I talented. :D)

After reading:

1) I want to marry Adrian Ivashkov.
2) I want a Callistana. (Do not google what that is.)

Every second I spent waiting for this book to come out was WORTH it.
Indigo Spell = SO, SOOO awesome.

That college party scene!

And THE FREAKING CALLISTANA (view spoiler)! I laughed so hard. Seriously, any scene with that thing was hilarious.

And EVERY SINGLE SYDNEY/ADRIAN scene was jhufdkshfdshdhf!!!

"
Ida
I can’t even complain about that dreadful ending because I’m still full of RAINBOWS, GLITTERS, RUNNING TOWARDS THE SUNSET HAPPY SYDRIAN FEELS!

And that is far as spoilers I am willing(and able to give because I already feel the beginnings of the wrath of the God of No Spoilers *shudders*). So the rest of my review will stay hidden to spare my life, just to be sure because I think I won’t be able to stop myself with the surge of STRONG FEELINGS that I would surely have while writing this review.
Jessica
Feb 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: wishlist
OH. SNAP. Sydney what have you gotten yourself into now...
(full review to come on my blog!)
Mitch
Jun 12, 2012 rated it really liked it
Wow. For fans of Sydney & Adrian, Richelle Mead is on fire.

As for the actual plot, The Indigo Spell is my favorite of the series so far, although the different storylines needed a bit of juggling. But so looking forward to The Fiery Heart.

You can also see this review on my blog here.

There’s a reason why there are so few authors whose books I anticipate as eagerly as Richelle Mead’s. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not the kind of guy for whom an author can do no wrong, but after Vampire Academy, its
Stacia (the 2010 club)
Conversation was irrelevant. Only pie mattered.

If you have not read the Vampire Academy series, I'd suggest you read part 1 of this review and stop there, or you will have VA spoiled for you (Bloodlines is a spin-off). If you have not read VA, then you are free to picture me scowling at you. Vampire Academy : Blood Sisters is going to be a movie soon, so get on it! Before you ask, don't even blaspheme my review by trying to compare this to Twilight. It's not the same. At all.

Why the random p
Stephanie (Bookfever. ♥)
Bloodlines has grown to be one of my favorite YA book series, if not the favorite. And of course you all know I'm more than crazy about
Adrian Ivashkov.

So reading this books has become something I'm looking forward to everytime. I must say I like these better than Vampire Academy! *waits for VA fans to strike me down*
I just get so much joy from reading these Bloodlines books. Especially when Adrian comes in. *swoon swoon swoon* ;D
I loved it so much. So many amazing moments. Ahhh, Richelle Mead
Maja (The Nocturnal Library)
I’m pretty sure I’m not alone in the opinion that The Indigo Spell, with its 400 pages, is far too short. I finished it in a single afternoon and then I just sat there for a while, hoping it would grow a few (hundred) extra pages but sadly, I don’t share Sydney’s magical abilities. Not a single page grew and I had to let it go...for now.

The swoon factor in The Indigo Spell was so high that I had to fan myself on several occasions. If there is still a heart in this world that Adrian Ivashkov does
Komal Mikaelson
I wrote this while I was high on Sydrian. So it'll probably contain lots of incoherent gushing and fangirling. Just warning.

Initial Reaction after completing the book

ASDFGHJKLWERTYUIOPMNBVCXZASDFGHJKLOIUYTREWQMNBVCXZ

Okay. I needed to get that out of my system.
But I'm so happy. So freaking happy!
I don't even know what to say. I am zapped. Speechless. Yep, it was that amazing.

What I loved
Callistana. Hair gel. COLLEGE PARTY. Dreams. Distractions. Math tutors. Airplane rides. Hopper. Ivashkinato
Isabella
Jun 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing

Beautifully written book and great sequel!! I actually loved the developments in here, even if I can't really imagine what could happen next... Or better, I could, but all I see is me suffering and screaming because of the ANGST that is coming.
Sigh.
And it IS coming.

P.s. Sydrian <3

***

27/11/12 - Dear Richelle,
Just so you know, I haven't forgotten about your evil plans for this book and am still stalking you like there's no tomorrow.
Love the new pics from the trailer.
Sincerely, me.

09/08/12 - “Un
Alexa
Jun 09, 2011 rated it it was amazing

My review can also be found on my blog Collections.

After reading The Golden Lily, I was on a high for months. I just adored that book so freaking much! Even when I eventually managed to calm down, I still had to get some kind of Sydney and Adrian fix at least a few times a week (thank you Tumblr!). It kept me sane, but it was never enough. Then starting about three weeks prior to the release of The Indigo Spell, I realized that I could not read a single book. No matter how hard I tried I couldn'
Beatrice Masaluñga
Apr 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Buddy read with the amazing sis Pearl. --> click to read her wonderful review. :)

Just a perfect read on a rainy night. There are LOTS of Sydrian moments and I just can't help highlighting and also smiling like an idiot. This is making me a hopeless romantic but I SHIP SYDRIAN SO HARD I HAVE HEART EYES. (Forgive me for fangirling, Adrian Ivashkov is just irresistible.)

The Bloodlines series just keeps getting better. I love how Richelle Mead adds more twist on Sydney's adventure as it focuses
Khadija Kübra ℂ⋆
Aug 16, 2012 marked it as to-read
Introducing me...
This is the madness that I experience when I'm waiting for the next book in a series to come out!

OH.MY.EFFING.GOD! The fucking COVER is released and it’s SHIT!

15/08/12 Just noticing the Cover of The Indigo Spell.

Then…

My reaction when I first saw the release date of The Indigo Spell.

^^^^ I’m sorry Sydrian. I didn’t mean to swear at you... It's just...soo..touching.

Realising 2013 is still like a fucking millennia away! I NEED MORE Adrian!!!

But who gives a shit! At least I kno
Taschima
Jan 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
"Whatever logic and reason I normally possessed had melted away. There was nothing but flesh and fire left, and I wasn't going to lie to myself—at least not tonight. I wanted him. I arched my back, fully aware oh how vulnerable that made me and that I was giving him an invitation. He accepted it and laid me back against the table, bringing his body down on top of mine. That crushing kiss of his moved from my mouth to the nape of my neck. He pushed down the edge of my dress and the bra strap unde ...more
Christine Riccio
Jan 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Another spectacularly fun book in the Bloodlines series! Loved it. Just posted a booktalk on le youtube channel http://youtu.be/eWFj_dZATFM
ajia
Dec 25, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I was absolutely ecstatic when i got a chance to read this! I had been dying to read it so i did a little happy dance when i got it! :D This book was utter perfection and had everything i wanted. The romance, the action, he suspense is all kicked up a notch. And Sydrian will make you swoon your pants off! The wedding was awesome and we do get a sydrian dance!!! We also get to see rose and Dimitri and the rest of the gang.

The story starts off with Sydney looking for Marcus Finch, the mysterious e
Dija
I hate the covers for this series, and this one is by far the worst. The color schemes are nice, but none of the characters look even remotely like how I envision them. Therefore, I came up with my own cast. Now at least the covers won't hinder my enjoyment of the series.

Sydney:

Adrian:

Jill:

Eddie:

Angeline:
Emma♔☯ (Bookishfix)
Sep 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
“Any life worth living is going to have risks”

I really enjoyed this book, things are headed the way i thought they would and im loving it! Richelle Mead never lets me down, i dont know what it is about her writing that just draws me in so much, but i love it and every moment i spend reading her novels. I also need to check out some of her other books outside of the VA universe to see whether its just the world and characters of this universe that i love, or anything and everything Mead.

Syd

(view spoiler)

Edit 1

(view spoiler)
  • Foretold: 14 Tales of Prophecy and Prediction
  • Fall of Night (The Morganville Vampires, #14)
  • With All My Soul (Soul Screamers, #7)
  • Crimson Frost (Mythos Academy, #4)
  • Spirit (Elemental, #3)
  • The Eternity Cure (Blood of Eden, #2)
  • Apollyon (Covenant, #4)
  • If I Should Die (Revenants, #3)
  • Boundless (Unearthly, #3)
  • Bleeding Hearts (Drake Chronicles, #4)
  • The Rising (Darkness Rising, #3)
  • Unbreakable (Unraveling, #2)
  • House Rules (Chicagoland Vampires, #7)
  • Gates of Paradise (Blue Bloods, #7)
  • Quintana of Charyn (Lumatere Chronicles, #3)

A life-long reader, Richelle has always loved mythology and folklore. When she can actually tear herself away f
More about Richelle Mead

Bloodlines (6 books)
  • Bloodlines (Bloodlines, #1)
  • The Golden Lily (Bloodlines, #2)
  • The Fiery Heart (Bloodlines, #4)
  • Silver Shadows (Bloodlines, #5)
  • The Ruby Circle (Bloodlines, #6)

Young Adult Deals

• Beneath the Shine
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Time's Divide (The Chronos Files, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Greensleeves
  • Gilded (Gilded, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Infinity Lost (The Infinity Trilogy #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Timebound (The Chronos Files, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Banished of Muirwood (Covenant of Muirwood, #1)
  • Keeping You a Secret
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fractured (Guards of the Shadowlands, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Gena/Finn
    $13.99 $1.99
  • The Queen's Poisoner (Kingfountain, #1)
  • Trusting You & Other Lies
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Touch of Eternity (The Curse #1)
  • Dragon Rider
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Traitor's Kiss (The Traitor's Circle, #1)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Flush
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dreadnought (Nemesis, #1)
  • A Totally Awkward Love Story
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Fire Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #2)
  • Go: A Coming of Age Novel
  • Just a Drop of Water
  • One Moment
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Wishing Spell (The Land of Stories, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Better Nate Than Ever (Better Nate Than Ever #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Sanctum (Guards of the Shadowlands, #1)
  • Time Bomb
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Kissing Max Holden
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Dryad-Born (Whispers from Mirrowen, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Summer of Jordi Perez (And the Best Burger in Los Angeles)
    $16.99 $1.99
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Some Fine Day
  • Mystic (Mystic, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
“Because I can't help doing it," he said with a shrug. "And hey, if I keep loving you, maybe you'll eventually crack and love me too. Hell, I'm pretty sure you're already half in love with me."

"I am not! And everything you just said is ridiculous. That's terrible logic."

Adrian returned to his crossword puzzle. "Well, you can think what you want, so long as you remember-no matter how ordinary things seem between us-I'm still here, still in love with you, and care about you more than any other guy, evil or otherwise, ever will."

"I don't think you're evil."

"See? Things are already looking promising.”
1052 likes
“Adrian's face was the picture of perfect politeness and restraint, meaning something disastrous was about to happen.” 655 likes