Start by marking “It's Not Summer Without You (Summer, #2)” as Want to Read:
It's Not Summer Without You (Summer, #2)

It's Not Summer Without You (Summer #2)

4.13  ·  Rating details ·  92,102 Ratings  ·  4,459 Reviews
Belly finds out what comes after falling in love in this follow-up to The Summer I Turned Pretty from the New York Times bestselling author of To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before (soon to be a major motion picture!), Jenny Han.

It used to be that Belly counted the days until summer, until she was back at Cousins Beach with Conrad and Jeremiah. But not this year. Not after Sus
Published April 5th 2011 by Simon Schuster Books for Young Readers (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about It's Not Summer Without You, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Grace Strait That's what it sounds like to me! I don't think it could be anything else...
Lexi Jenkins No it isn't. The Summer I turned Pretty is the first book :)

Nic
For helpful visuals of Conrad and Jeremiah: http://irresistiblereads.blogspot.com...

Favourite Quote: "I stared at him. Did he really say that? Did he remember? The way he looked back at me, one eyebrow raised, I knew he did. And this time, I was the one to look away.
Because I remembered. I remembered everything."

Don't you love it when the second book in a series is way better than the first? That is the case with It's Not Summer Without You. I enjoyed The Summer I Turned Pretty but sometimes f
Maureen
Apr 25, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5/5
Belly was more obnoxious in this book and the love triangle was hit SO HARD but I still really liked it.
Christine Delilah (Maramochabooks)

I.Can't.Stop.Laughing.
I shouldn't be laughing, but dear God, do I find that ironic.

Let's play: Can You Count The Cliches?
Winner gets 10 points and this virtual mug:

“He started to say something, maybe an apology and maybe not, and then he stopped, he leaned over and pulled me toward him - like by gravitational force. H
Whitney Atkinson
This didn't even feel like a real book. It was just a continuation of the last one which ended kinda abruptly, so this series is probably meant to be read back-to-back to make it seem like all one storyline. I definitely liked book one way more. In this there's just SO much angst and going back and forth and everyone's emotions were haywire. But I do love Belly. She's selfish and childish in a way that i'm sure some people hate, but to me, it's completely relatable. It's her flaw, and it makes h ...more
Regan
Mar 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-owned-read
Man.... So many ups and downs. I feel so attached to everyone, and I feel like they are real people dealing with real struggles. It's a nice change.
Clau R.
Jan 30, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
I didn't liked it as much as the first one. Belly is starting to piss me off and don't make me talk about Conrad, I can barely stand him.

Jeremiah, Laurel and Susannah are my faves <3.
kari
Jun 15, 2010 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2010, ya
Aj the Ravenous Reader
What the what?! I finished the second book without realizing it. It felt like I have just started and then suddenly it’s done?! I guess that’s how addicted I am in Ms. Han’s writing. The second book is a lot gloomier than the first now that the glue that supposedly holds the characters together is now gone. Even I miss her too. *Sniffs*

The second installment has become more mature than the first book. The conflicts a lot more complicated and the love triangle has become deeper and more intense.
Zoë
Dec 16, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5/5
This was definitely a more somber and emotional read than The Summer I Turned Pretty, but I really liked it! I couldn't give it a full 5/5 because I still think Belly is annoying and childish at times which bothers me, but I read the whole book in about four hours! If you loved the first book like I did, definitely read this one!
Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
Re-read 8/12/17: This was super cute, but I definitely don't feel quite as enamored with this series as I did when I first read it. I'm keeping my 4 star rating because I did thoroughly enjoy this, but I definitely have some issues with how annoying Belly is and how Conrad is NOT the business.

Original read 5/7/14: I loved this one so much more than the first book. Oh, my heart. I've fallen in love with Jenny Han's writing style. Also on a less serious note DAT LAST PAGE THO
Hershey
A splendid summer read

Cousins Beach was Belly's home. It was the only place she ever thought of. Every summer she visits the Cousins Beach but this time things have changed. Susannah, her mother's best friend had passed away and summer at Cousins Beach was no more. Why? Because Susannah was the only person who linked all of them together. Without her, it wouldn't be a perfect summer.

Belly has grown in this book. She's no more pouting and throwing tantrums. I liked Belly much better in this b
Jessie
Actual rating: 3.5 stars

I'm really surprised I actually liked this, Belly's still immature, but she didn't bother me as much. Plus, something actually happened in this book, I'm addicted here. (view spoiler) It's also nice to see more of Jeremiah, since he was this really bland character in The Summer I Turned Pretty.

CONRAD <3

On to We'll Always Have Summer! Woohoo!
Cristina
Shoot me now! 🙄
This book was even worse than the first one. Why does Belly bave to be so undecided and why does Conrad has to be such an ass?!
I'm still team Jeremiah! All the way. I was so glad when I saw that some chapters were written from his point of view. 😍
But then Conrad ruined everything! Just like he always does.
Bri
May 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2015
THAT ENDING THO!!!!! AHHH
Kate (GirlReading)
3.5*

This series is the definition of a 'summery read'. It makes me regret all the summers I didn't spend at a gorgeous beach house, eating blueberry muffins, swimming in the ocean whilst having multiple cute guys falling in love with me.... :')

I had a lot of mixed emotions about each of the characters and I kind of loved that. They're all flawed and just so, human! Although Belly and Conrad were definitely a little irritating at times. :') The ending felt very abrupt which was a bit of a shame
Raeleen Lemay
Aug 09, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: young-adult

I wasn't a huge fan of this one... Belly was WAY more annoying and childish, and it was a chore to read about her. However, the ending was good and I feel like the last book will be better because she seems like she's finally done lusting after Conrad, which was part of what made her so annoying.
Carmen de la Rosa
Empezare diciendo que a Jenny Han creo que no se le dan para nada las segundas partes jajaja (rió para no llorar). Ella te da un primer libro muy dulce, pero en el segundo todo lo destruye...

En el primero siempre había situaciones graciosas, todo era demasiado genial, en cambio, en este libro, en esta segunda parte, todo cambia. He tenido ganas de llorar en más de un momento mientras leía el libro. Cada página que leía deseaba que nunca terminara el libro. Disfrute leyéndolo.

El libro pasa en 6 d
Fenia
What the f***? What just happened? How will i deal with this? Oh i know. read the next book ASAP.

This book made me an emotional mess. I can't even write a proper review. Damn you Jenny Han!!
Aly (Fantasy4eva)
Mar 26, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Those who haven't fallen in love with a book for a long time.
It would seem Cousins Beach, where Belly, Conrad, Jeremiah, Susannah and Belly's mother spent every summer to date isn’t done with them quite yet.

Belly is grieving two losses, one being her mothers best friend Susannah who was a mother figure to her, and Conrad who never really called back or initiated any interest after she left. Worse still, her mother seems to be in a world of her own, a world that Belly isn’t a part of. With her best friend forcing her to move on, and her mother ignoring her
Leslie
Jul 15, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
That last page! OMG! What?!

I need the last book NOW.
Tanja (Tanychy) St. Delphi
Jun 01, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everybody!
Recommended to Tanja (Tanychy) by: Zemira (Kylo Ren fangirl) Warner
I know i'm boring with this "You have to read this book" .. but you really have to! :)
Elizabeth
May 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
(Heads up: Probably not a good idea to read this review before you've read The Summer I Turned Pretty as this is Book 2 in the Summer series. Cheers!)

I was warned that I would cry, but MAN I was not expecting that.

It's very apparent in this book that the relationship between Belly and Conrad is not a healthy one. It's mentioned at least 3 times that she would come running if he called her. Add the fact that Susannah's passed away and it adds another layer of sadness and darkness. They're both h
Brooke
Apr 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Picture in your mind a summer road trip, windows down and the breeze blowing in with the radio up. Picture tires slowing rolling onto a sandy driveway with a slight gritty sound. There's a house in front of you, somewhat rustic and chipped. You get out of the car, walk up the steps you've walked up so many summers onto a wrap around porch. Inside you hear people's voices. Not just any voices but the voices of the people who have molded you into you. You open a creaky screen door which reminds yo ...more
Grace (BURTSBOOKS)
Dec 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favourites
I've grown up reading this series over and over again and I loved it this time around just as much as I remember. Belly is still the most annoying yet loveable character around. Conrad is still insufferable. Jeremiah still deserves better. Reading about these characters feels like being wrapped in a warm blanket. I don't care that this book is the exact opposite of my current tastes this series is like an old friend and I will never not love it. For me, It's not summer without this book series.
Bea Casallecchio
Okay, so this book trilogy was recommended to me by a friend, she said this book was AMAZING. (She read it years ago)
The first book was a little meh. But this one, oh god.
Its too childish i think. The typical love triangle, between two brothers and the girl. The girl switches from guy to guy, and is confused.
I mean, its cute and all, but i feel like its an overly used cliche.
Don't get me wrong I LOVE Jenny Han, but this trilogy... is disappointing me. Still i will read the third book, because i
Kasia
Aug 02, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is book two in the Summer series so if you haven't read the first "The Summer I turned Pretty" then stop and turn around, go back and do yourself a favor and read the book that has started it all. Okay, now I feel like I can continue...I was deeply impressed how the whole plot grew beyond the original story line, it was impossible to put down and I read it in one afternoon. The second ultimate beach read, one with a bit of autumn and serious coolness to it, chilled my soul with luxuriously ...more
Michele Mattos
Aug 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I decided to reread The Summer Series this year and it's just as good as the first time. This book is the second one - it's not as good as the first one but it's still pretty good. Belly is slightly more annoying and the love triangle between two brothers made me feel more uncomfortable than the first time around, maybe because I'm older now, but I seriously can't put these books down.

I know "annoying" is not the best way to describe a main character but that's the word that comes to mind. She'
Sofii♡ (A Book. A Thought.)

I feel so many things inside of me for this book, and that is incredible because when a book makes you feel that way it's because without doubt it has reached your heart.

description

3.5 /5 Stars

Already from the beginning something very tragic and emotional happens so you feel hooked right away, broken my heart from the start, re
☾Poppet
Dec 03, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: almost-favorites

(2015 review)

★★★★ [4.3/5]

Someone please tell me why i enjoy this books? Because i have no idea and yeah im saying this cause i still don’t get it.
I don’t know what was going on with me today meanwhile i was reading this book but hell i was emotional. Around page 12 or so they throw this awful thing (view spoiler) wich is funny because i was totally expecting that but my face was just like

“There are moments in life that you wish with all your heart you could take b
OMG LOVE LOVE LOVE!!

JEREMIAH!!!♥

I just started this today and even though I've been so tired and just wanted to sleep, I wanted to finish this even more. And now I really want to start the third book.
  • Endless Summer (The Boys Next Door, #1-2)
  • Spring Break (Summer, #4)
  • How to Ruin Your Boyfriend's Reputation (How to Ruin, #3)
  • This Is So Not Happening (He's So/She's So, #3)
  • The Summer of Skinny Dipping (Summer, #1)
  • Sixteenth Summer (Sixteenth Summer #1)
  • One Night That Changes Everything (One Night That Changes Everything, #1)
  • Twenty Boy Summer
  • Girlfriend Material
  • Bloom
  • Last Summer (Summer Boys, #4)

Summer (3 books)
  • The Summer I Turned Pretty (Summer, #1)
  • We'll Always Have Summer (Summer, #3)

Young Adult Deals

• Bright Smoke, Cold Fire (Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, #1)
  • The Gold-Son
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
  • The Lost Girls of Camp Forevermore
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Scat
  • Chomp
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Nyxia (The Nyxia Triad, #1)
  • I See London, I See France
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Fifth of March: A Story of the Boston Massacre (Great Episodes)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Starfish
  • Olive's Ocean
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Rebel Wing (Rebel Wing #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1)
  • Little Monsters
  • The Thickety: A Path Begins
    $6.24 $1.99
  • Lost Voices
    $5.99 $2.99
  • This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Isle of Blood and Stone
  • Train I Ride
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Haven (War of the Princes, #1)
  • The Mysterious Benedict Society
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Immortal Circus (Cirque des Immortels, #1)
  • Greyhound
  • Annie on My Mind
    $9.99 $1.20
  • Secret of the Sirens (The Companions Quartet, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga #2)
  • Into the Dim
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Curse (Blur Trilogy #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fury (Blur Trilogy #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • Blur  (Blur Trilogy #1)
  • Taken (Taken, #1)
  • Ungifted
  • Julie of the Wolves
  • Storm (Elemental, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Imitation (Clone Chronicles #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Space Between Heartbeats (Betwixt #1)
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
  • Genesis
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Old Yeller
    $6.99 $1.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Ticker
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Concealed (Lakewood, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
“I will never look at you in the same way ever again. I'll never be that girl again. The girl who comes running back every time you push her away, the girl who loves you anyway.” 826 likes
“How do you regret one of the best nights of your entire life? You don't. You remember every word, every look. Even when it hurts, you still remember.” 725 likes