Start by marking “The Adventures of Dodge Dalton in the Shadow of Falcon's Wings” as Want to Read:
The Adventures of Dodge Dalton in the Shadow of Falcon's Wings

The Adventures of Dodge Dalton in the Shadow of Falcon's Wings

4.04  ·  Rating details ·  27 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
IN THE GOLDEN AGE OF ADVENTURE... Dodge Dalton's stories about the adventures of Captain Zane Falcon have made both the author, and his iconic protagonist, famous. Maybe a little too famous.

When a diabolical villain, wielding a fantastic power unearthed in the ruins of a forgotten civilization, kidnaps the president, he has only one demand...a fight with America's greates
Published (first published July 11th 2010)

Be the first to ask a question about The Adventures of Dodge Dalton in the Shadow of Falcon's Wings

Grant Gardiner
Oct 29, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: bought, blogged
*Pulp Warning* All my e-reading is e-pulp related so my reviews are thus minded. Reader beware :) *Pulp Warning*

Overall: 3 stars (You might like it)

Although this story had all the classic pulp adventure elements it seemed to drag relative to other examples of the field. As a mainstream adventure story it does the job with plenty of the good stuff the genre has to offer but as e-pulp it seems to drag in an unnecessary way I found frustrating.

Pacing and Action: 3 stars.

This was a bizarre reading e
Steve
Oct 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This book reads is if it were written by an author in the mid-1900's. This is made all the more fun, knowing that Sean Ellis is a modern day thriller author who has effectively revived genre fiction from a nearly forgotten age.

Shadow the Falcon's Wings was fun and unique in so many ways. First of all, it's a period adventure taking place in an unspecified time, apparently circa 1930's or 1940's. Secondly, it's clear that Mr. Ellis had a great deal of fun with the technology of that time period w
Dustin
Apr 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Do you like pulpy fun in an Indiana Jones kind of setting? Do you like Sean Ellis? If you said yes to either question, you will like this book! Adventure, action, a little mystery, and well developed characters made this quite the fun read. I'll definitely be checking out the other Dodge Dalton books! You should too!
Kent Holloway
Aug 13, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Okay, I'll admit, I'm the publisher of this book, so maybe I'm biased...but this is one of the best books I've read in a long time. It has everything I love. Action. Adventure. A cool pulpy feel that reminds me of those great old movie serials of the 30s and 40s. It's just an all around fun book. I guarantee...you pick up a copy of this book and you won't be disappointed! Check it out!
Kelly
Aug 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
If you're looking for an action/ adventure story that'll keep you turning the page, not knowing what to expect next - other than excellent writing, then this is the book for you. Action, suspense, friendship it's all here, a highly recommended book. I cannot wait for the next installment of Dodge Dalton.
Cheryl
Jun 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
A really great read, loved the story with-in the story! Non-stop action from start to finish, with very unexpected & surprising twists along the way! Sean Ellis has become one of my new Favourite Authors......i highly recommend you read this Book, you will absolutely love...."Dodge Dalton"!!
Chris Marshall

This was a fantastic adventure story in the style of Cussler and Reilly. I was a little confused by the ending, but that was my only quarrel with the book. I look forward to reading more of Sean Ellis' works!
Shawn
Jul 30, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: action
A fun an entertaining read. It suffers, however, as most action books of this nature do, to a lack of character development. So it takes you over half the book to begin to get a handle about the characters.
Barry
Dec 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
A flat out and out fun read. Old timey pulp fiction. The bad guys are really bad and the good guys are better.
Chad
Oct 04, 2010 rated it liked it
A good pulp adventure and a light read. It was almost four stars, but just seemed to be lacking something. I did have good time reading it, though.
Clay Davis
Brian Tubbs
Aug 21, 2017
Stephanie Snyder
May 13, 2018
Sean Ellis enjoys a lifelong love affair with adventure. He enjoys adventure racing, mountain biking, has competed in several off-road triathlons, and is also a decorated combat veteran who now resides in Arizona.
More about Sean Ellis