Start by marking “Z is for Zombie” as Want to Read:
Z is for Zombie

Z is for Zombie

2.85  ·  Rating details ·  53 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
It's the end of the world as we know it... and nothing is fine.

Mack, Skinny, Navarette and El Tee are Echo Squad, soldiers on the frontlines of the zombie war. Faced with an army of zombies that hungers for all flesh to be eaten their tiny group must survive deadly decap zombies and wicked clever roamer zombies in time for an aerial assault that will change the face of the
Published (first published July 20th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Z is for Zombie, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Z is for Zombie

Jenny Houfek
Sep 06, 2011 rated it it was ok
Boo. Lame. A lot of cussing and is hard to follow. And I hate the font that its printed in. I only gave it 2 stars because of the Agent Red seems like an interesting chemical weapon.
Randy Harmelink
Apr 14, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: zombies, short-story
The story just never really engaged me at all. And, as someone else mentioned, I hated the font it was in. Picky, I know. But I did spend several minutes trying to adjust things, without success, on the Kindle.
Alice Anne
this was a short book.
Aude
Jun 28, 2015 rated it did not like it
I get the zombie fade and I get that everyone wants to write zombie stories. Hell, I did it. But not all of those stories ought to be published.

This short wasn't just unoriginal, it was bad.

There was one good thing: the idea of Agent Red. Too bad it appeared so late in the story.

There were plenty of annoying things.

- If you're gonna use military acronyms - BDU, SAW - for *'s sake don't write it in words in parentheses right after. Either assume your reader knows what it means or use the full phr
Lizzy Lessard
Oct 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This is a man’s story. A story worthy of a man cave and the story to read between Halo 3 matches. I wasn’t surprised to learn that the author is an avid gamer (as am I) and the utter pwnage of the characters over the zombies in the novels was epic…like purple epic…like I just beat the hidden cow level epic. Okay, okay. Seriousness. This is a story about soldiers…in a zombie apocalypse. They talk like soldiers and there is quite a bit of military jargon used in the story. I loved the dialogue. Th ...more
Al
Apr 09, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle, read-2012
If you’re into zombies and shoot-em-ups, this story is for you. Neither is high on my list, yet I found myself hooked quickly and wondering what was going to happen. For a story so short, Hansen manages to quickly acquaint you with his characters, do a credible job of world building, and take you on a quick adventure. A short fun read for zombie lovers and those looking for a quick change of pace.

**Originally written for "Books and Pals" book blog. May have received a free review copy. **
Netanella
Oct 06, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: zombies
Great short story about a military unit trying to find cover before an airstrike rains down hell on the zombies they're fighting. For such a short story, Hansen does a great job in really making me like the characters. They're not one-sided at all, and you feel for them, even as they die. This story reminded me a lot of Craig DiLouie's writing. Good stuff.
Sharon
Dec 15, 2012 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Darlene
Shelves: read-in-2012
Wicked fast read (even for a short story)! Would love to read more about the chemical weapon called 'Agent Red'.
Rachel Dyne
Mar 11, 2015
Shaun Finnie
Aug 02, 2017
Tracy
rated it did not like it
Oct 20, 2012
Alison
Jan 21, 2015
Edward
Jul 22, 2014
"Philip Hansen's writing is a lot like driving a fire truck. Only the fire truck is on fire, going 130 miles per hour through a hospital zone, being chased by helicopters and ninjas, and the ninjas are all on fire too."
More about Philip Hansen