Start by marking “Seize the Night (Dark-Hunter, #5)” as Want to Read:
Seize the Night (Dark-Hunter, #5)

Seize the Night

(Dark-Hunter #6)

4.35  ·  Rating details ·  44,983 ratings  ·  1,414 reviews
Hail, Glorious Reader:

I was born the noble son of a legendary Roman senator. I walked through the ancient world as a general, admired and supreme until a brutal betrayal caused me to bargain my soul. Now I'm an immortal Dark-Hunter, bound to protect mankind from the evil scourge that haunts it. Over the centuries, I've seen many frightening things: plagues, pestilence, dis
Mass Market Paperback, 325 pages
Published December 28th 2004 by St. Martin's Press

To ask other readers questions about Seize the Night, please sign up.
Fiona This was the very first one I read as I picked up from the library and I liked it, so I went back and read the earlier ones. I think the earlier ones …moreThis was the very first one I read as I picked up from the library and I liked it, so I went back and read the earlier ones. I think the earlier ones up to this one are the best(less)

·  44,983 ratings  ·  1,414 reviews

Start your review of Seize the Night (Dark-Hunter, #5)
FlibBityFLooB
Here is my impersonation of Acheron in this book:
*in my best Acheron voice*

What? You're dead? Not on my watch. Here... have a little immortality. Oh, you too? You can be immortal now, too. Oh... your sister is immortal, so you should be immortal also. Ahh... but not that sister. She's going to stay dead. But, you over there... yeah, you're not going to stay dead either. You're immortal, too. But, not your mother. I'm afraid I'm going to let her stay dead. Where's my Simi?
Exina
“Love isn't easy. Anyone who says differently is lying to you. But it is worth fighting for.”

As for me, Seize the Night is one of the best books of 2012. It is the 6th book of the Dark-Hunter Universe series, the story of Tabitha and Valerius.

The story is just perfect, I loved it! It is filled with unforgettable characters, incomparable romance, mesmerizing erotica, real drama and tragic losses, vicious and powerful antagonists, witty and deep dialogues, sparkling humor, forceful emo
Sophia Triad
Valerious Magnus (Hunter) and Tabitha Devereaux (Human)

"What's wrong, Valerious?"she wispered, rising to stand before him.
"I'm just trying to understand why you’re with me."
"Because I like you"
"Why?"
She bit her lip seductively before she shrugged. "You're strangely amusing and you're kind."
He shook his head. " I'm not kind. I only know how to be cold."
She buried her hands in his unbound hair and let the silken strands caress her fingers.
"You don't feel cold to me, General."

Recommended song w
Blacky *Romance Addict*
giving oprah - He gets immortality! She gets immortality Everyone gets immortality!!!

This is basically all you need to know about this book. photo 798186.gif (or series) photo 798186.gif.

To say I am hugely disappointed is an understatement.

So far I've noticed the books get worse and worse as the series moves along, but call me an idiot, I still decided to read them all because I am DETERMINED to get to Acheron's book.

What disappointed me here:

**spoilers ahead**

The main couple.
First you have to know that everyone hates the main guy, everyone. So, the main woman sees how they hate him and she just can't understan
CC
Aug 28, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Holy crap a lot happened in this book!

ok - let me just out it out there. I don't get the hatred of Valerius. He is the GRANDSON of the SOB that tortured and killed Kyrian. He is the brother to Zared who did try to help him. Yes he failed miserably, but he was not vicious towards him, nor did he know he was his brother. Since he looks just like granddad I can see why Kyrian does not want to look at his pretty face. But the violence and hatred just seems so ridiculous.

I did not like Tabitha in ear
Somia
3.5 COSY STARS

Always the odd one out Valarius (Val) finds himself on the outskirts even as a Dark-Hunter, despised by many of his fellow Greek Dark-Hunters. Tabitha Devereaux hunter of vampires and other baddies finds herself in trouble when she is drawn to her brother-in-laws enemy - Val.

Valarius and Tabitha may not be my favourite couple in this series, but I do like the two together. A nice re-read.

Simi remains a very entertaining demon.

Potential Triggers: (view spoiler)
Sarah Elizabeth
This was an adult paranormal romance, set in New Orleans.

I felt quite sorry for Valerius in this; the things he had been through were terrible, and the way people treated him, just because of who his grandfather was, was awful. Tabitha on the other hand said whatever come into her head, and was a little irritating at times.

The storyline in this was about Tabitha and Valerius being thrown together, and Tabitha being unable to resist Valerius because he was so beautiful. There was quite a lot of
Louise
This is the book that forever shatters the Dark Hunter world...

Wow the plot was Amazing...it was mix with a lot of actions and romance, and they didn't overlap each other...problems arises in just a snap yet they were solve too, it would leave your heart ache for the characters and some went crushing along, it made me cry to many times in the book and the romance squeal I'm so happy with the story so much!

"...I guess I feel like all of us misfits need to hang together. At least that way we do
Tessa Teevan
Jan 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audiobooks
Re-Read: October 2015

I freaking love these books!!! Seriously, each one gets better and better! I loved everything about Valerius and Tabby's story.

description

I want to live in a world with Dark Hunters. I imagine Kyrian, Acheron, Talon, and Valerius are just hanging out like a hot bunch like these guys.

Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession
OMG I loved this one love val and tabby love that Kyrian ran in and stabbed val lol!!!!!!! I think this is my fav so far
Julie
May 12, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Valerius. I’ve been hearing mention of this name since book one in Sherrilyn Kenyon’s Dark-Hunter series. Valerius is portrayed as a heartless and cruel Roman bastard in the earlier books. He is described that way before we even get to really meet him. But in Seize the Night, he has a chance to shine. Since this is his book, he has the opportunity to completely redeem himself. And he does. He really does. By the end of this book, I was totally in love with Valerius. And Tabitha and Valerius have ...more
Not Now...Mommy's Reading
I have read every book in the Dark-Hunter series and prior to reading "Seize the Night", my favorite story was Zarek's in "Dance With The Devil". I thought no one could be more tortured than poor Zarek. Wrong!

I was captivated by Valerius almost immediately! Gone were the black leather pants and the gothic/punk attire replaced by turtlenecks, slacks and style. Wow! What a breath of fresh air! Not saying I mind a hot bod clad in tight leather but...it was a nice change. *grin

This man was sooo se
Alp
Two in a roll, oh my! I'm on a roll with this series!

I loved this book! LOVED.
Lindsey
Jan 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The most rollercoaster of them all ......
Carmen
Nov 04, 2014 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Romance fans
3 ROMANCE STARS

Everyone hates Valerius. Mainly because he was a Roman general who was born in 152 B.C., and most of the Dark-Hunters seem to be Greek. Especially those of them who live in New Orleans. Not to mention that Valerius's noble family was full of horrible people. His dad raped and murdered, and tortured countless people (he even tortured his own sons regularly), Valerius's brothers are angry, vicious psychopaths who also grow up to be rapist/murdering torturers. Valerius's grandfather
AJ
“Life is serious.”
“No, life is an adventure. It's thrilling and scary. Sometimes it's even a bit boring, but it should never be serious.”

OMG!! 6 shining stars!!! I freaking loved this book and can’t believe everything that happened! My mind is still reeling.

I love Tabitha… LOVE her! We have seen her a few times throughout the series so far, and when I realised that she was going to be matched with Valerius… OH YEAH!!! Valerius refers to her as a “brazen temptress, vampire slayer, complete u
Kainat 《HUFFLEPUFF & PROUD》
I loved Dance with the Devil!!
Let's see how this turns out.

I am such a mess. I've been thinking about going to the bookstore and buying this book for a few days now. What do you know, past-me already knew this day was about to come: i just saw this sitting on my bookshelf today. I don't even now for how many months it's been sitting there. And it's not even the first something like this happened to me. What's wrong with me?!
Gary
May 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of my all time fav in this series so much happening and u learn so much more about all of the cast of the books five out of five
Jilly
Meh... Tabitha just didn't grow on me. Neither did Valarius. I guess if opposites attract, they are perfect for each other. She's a self-proclaimed badass who owns a sex shop and acts like an overgrown rebellious teenager. He's Mr Prim and Proper who doesn't even own a pair of jeans. See? Perfect for each other.

Their romance starts with her stabbing him because she's decided she's a vampire hunter and he just happened to come along while she was stabbing vampires. She realizes he is a Dark Hunte
Laura..devouring books like crumpets
Zarek is still my all time fave... but i do now have a softie for Valerius... I am puzzled how all the Dark hunters seem to all be falling in love with this family and group of women though....

Reading this Roman solider it makes me feel sad for how he was bullied all his life and how he was still getting isolated by his brethren, the Author pulls so many emotions from the reader with each character she writes.

And Acheron can make immortals (I have an Inkling who he may be now, but not the story
Sita
Jul 19, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely love the world of the dark hunters, I love the idea, the recurring characters (you see people after they got their happy endings), I basically love the books. So it was no surprise that I own all of them, the minute I finished Night Play, I ran out and bought this. And I was glad I did, I really liked Night Play, but I loved this one and it has to be my favorite out of the whole series so far.

Seize the Night is about Tabitha (the crazy twin sister of Amanda that we hear so much abou
Tilly Slaton
Oct 16, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Seize the Night is the Dark-Hunter story of Valerius and Tabitha.

I always check out the excerpt before reading a book. When I realized this story would be of Valerius and Tabitha, I was somewhat bummed. I honestly didn't care for either character. It's always nice to look forward and say YES! when you are about to read a book you've been waiting for. This book didn't give me that feeling.

Fortunately, I was pleasantly surprised. Valerius and Tabitha are perfect for each other. I appreciate their
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
Although this book had less technical flaws than the others, I didn't necessarily enjoy it more. The relationship was believable. Valarious (spelling) was fantastic, I don't know... the ending left me puzzled. Where was the tie in for the next book? Anyway, it was a good read.
I'm going to admit that I was a bit nervous about picking up Seize the Night, having seen Valerius through both Kyrian and Zarek's eyes I went into this book feeling quite prejudiced towards him. Although we had started to see a nicer side to him in Night Play I still wasn't expecting to like him all that much but I should have known that Sherrilyn Kenyon would completely turn my opinion on it's head. It didn't even take her that long to do it and I found myself feeling sorry for him very quickl ...more
UKSandy
Feb 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What did I think of this book - I ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT!

Tabitha is hilarious, Val was as sexy as hell! It was just a brilliant story, kept me hooked the whole way through. I love how you still get to hear all about the other Dark Hunters in each of these stories especially Ash as I just can't wait to get to his story!

I really need to be reading another series but I'm just chomping at the bit to start the next DH book - love, love, loving this series!!
Kathleen
Bottom line: I liked it enough to finish it. I chuckled at some of Simi's antics. The sex is red hot. The language is clean. But the plot is tangled and obscure for most of the book — and that felt like a cheap trick — and the writing style is immature.

I've read several books in this long series. Will have to stop soon, cuz it's getting irritating. Cannot figure how this author gets such high marks. She needs to take a course in writing. Her books are filled with long info-dumps of past events,
Ronak Gajjar
Mar 13, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: series, 2018
“Relax,” Acheron said with a yawn. “You’re in good hands. Tabby won’t hurt you.”
“She stabbed me!”
“Damn,” Ash said. “I told her not to stab any more Hunters. I hate it when she does that.”

description
Greek Gods + Vampires + Daimons + Were-Wolves + Dark Hunters + Insignificant Humans blabbering + Of course Captivating dry humour = The whole book!
Concept: 2.0/5.0
Execution: 2.25/5.0
Characters Bespoken: 3.0 /5.0
Cover: 2.75/5.0
Overall: 2.75/5.0
As for Valerius and Tabitha:
P.S.: Thanks to Zarek. I hope Astrid
Gwen (The Gwendolyn Reading Method)
I'm hit or miss on this series in general, but I really liked this book!
Tina
Feb 04, 2008 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Ok, here's the deal. I liked this book and I didn't like it.

Liked:
Valerius. Again, Kenyon does superb when she speaks for/writes about the Dark Hunter. For some reason her writing comes alive for me when she centers on their past and their emotions.

The Ending: Once again, Kenyon begins with a whimper but ends with a bang. There were a few jaw dropping moments here that, from a reader perspective, were gratifying to see. I like it when a writer does something unpredictable and she did. Up to thi

• Knight of Darkness (Lords of Avalon, #2)
  • Sword of Darkness (Lords of Avalon, #1)
  • The Jackal (Black Dagger Brotherhood: Prison Camp, #1)
  • The Darkest King (Lords of the Underworld, #15)
  • Dark Prince (Dark, #1)
  • Lover Avenged (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #7)
  • Lover Mine (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #8)
  • Dark Demon (Dark, #13)
  • Dark Desires After Dusk (Immortals After Dark, #5)
  • Dark Magic (Dark, #4)
  • The Darkest Pleasure (Lords of the Underworld #3)
  • Lover Revealed (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #4)
  • The Darkest Passion (Lords of the Underworld #5)
  • Savage Nature (Leopard People, #4)
  • Lover Unbound (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #5)
  • Demon from the Dark (Immortals After Dark, #9)
  • Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night (Immortals After Dark, #3)
  • Lover Eternal (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #2)
Official Author site
Official Hunter Legends site
Official Witch of Endor site
Official Lords of Avalon site
Official Facebook site

New York Times and international bestselling author Sherrilyn Kenyon is a regular at the #1 spot. With legions of fans known as Paladins (thousands of whom proudly

Dark-Hunter (1 - 10 of 27 books)
  • Night Pleasures (Dark-Hunter, #1)
  • Night Embrace (Dark-Hunter, #2)
  • Dance with the Devil (Dark-Hunter #3)
  • Kiss of the Night (Dark-Hunter, #4)
  • Night Play (Dark-Hunter #5, Were-Hunter #1)
  • Sins of the Night (Dark-Hunter #7)
  • Unleash the Night (Dark Hunter, #8; Were-Hunter, #2)
  • Dark Side of the Moon (Dark-Hunter #9, Were-Hunter #3)
  • The Dream Hunter (Dark-Hunter #10, Dream-Hunter #1)
  • Devil May Cry (Dark-Hunter, #11)