Start by marking “Seize the Night (Dark-Hunter, #5)” as Want to Read:
Seize the Night (Dark-Hunter, #5)

Seize the Night (Dark-Hunter #6)

4.36  ·  Rating details ·  41,264 Ratings  ·  1,296 Reviews
Dark-Hunter: an immortal warrior who has traded his soul to Artemis for one moment of vengeance on his enemies. In return, they swear to spend eternity protecting mankind from the daimons and vampires that prey on them. Valerius isn't a popular Dark-Hunter - he's a Roman, which means that the largely Greek Hunters have a major grudge against him and his civilization for su ...more
Mass Market Paperback, 325 pages
Published January 1st 2005 by St. Martin's Press (first published December 28th 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Seize the Night, please sign up.
Abbie It doesn't hurt to read them since characters from the previous books appear and stuff is sometimes referenced, but I think Sherrilyn Kenyon said that…moreIt doesn't hurt to read them since characters from the previous books appear and stuff is sometimes referenced, but I think Sherrilyn Kenyon said that they can be read as standalones if you want. (less)

FlibBityFLooB
Here is my impersonation of Acheron in this book:
*in my best Acheron voice*

What? You're dead? Not on my watch. Here... have a little immortality. Oh, you too? You can be immortal now, too. Oh... your sister is immortal, so you should be immortal also. Ahh... but not that sister. She's going to stay dead. But, you over there... yeah, you're not going to stay dead either. You're immortal, too. But, not your mother. I'm afraid I'm going to let her stay dead. Where's my Simi?
Ana
This was surprisingly awesome. I still owe my bff for making me watch Gladiator. I've had a thing for Roman generals ever since. Ah those glorious crazy Romans…

tumblr_llyph7lzgl1qflan8o1_500
Exina
“Love isn't easy. Anyone who says differently is lying to you. But it is worth fighting for.”

As for me, Seize the Night is one of the best books of 2012. It is the 6th book of the Dark-Hunter Universe series, the story of Tabitha and Valerius.

The story is just perfect, I loved it! It is filled with unforgettable characters, incomparable romance, mesmerizing erotica, real drama and tragic losses, vicious and powerful antagonists, witty and deep dialogues, sparkling humor, forceful emotions, t
Sophia Triad
Valerious Magnus (Hunter) and Tabitha Devereaux (Human)

"What's wrong, Valerious?"she wispered, rising to stand before him.
"I'm just trying to understand why you’re with me."
"Because I like you"
"Why?"
She bit her lip seductively before she shrugged. "You're strangely amusing and you're kind."
He shook his head. " I'm not kind. I only know how to be cold."
She buried her hands in his unbound hair and let the silken strands caress her fingers.
"You don't feel cold to me, General."

Recommended song w
Blacky *Romance Addict*
giving oprah - He gets immortality! She gets immortality Everyone gets immortality!!!

This is basically all you need to know about this book. photo 798186.gif (or series) photo 798186.gif.

To say I am hugely disappointed is an understatement.

So far I've noticed the books get worse and worse as the series moves along, but call me an idiot, I still decided to read them all because I am DETERMINED to get to Acheron's book.

What disappointed me here:

**spoilers ahead**

The main couple.
First you have to know that everyone hates the main guy, everyone. So, the main woman sees how they hate him and she just can't understan
CC
Aug 28, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Holy crap a lot happened in this book!

ok - let me just out it out there. I don't get the hatred of Valerius. He is the GRANDSON of the SOB that tortured and killed Kyrian. He is the brother to Zared who did try to help him. Yes he failed miserably, but he was not vicious towards him, nor did he know he was his brother. Since he looks just like granddad I can see why Kyrian does not want to look at his pretty face. But the violence and hatred just seems so ridiculous.

I did not like Tabitha in ear
Grecia Robles
Jul 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
ESTOY TOTALMENTE TRAUMADA CON ESTA SERIE
Dije que lo dejaría hasta aquí y no se si pueda cumplirlo necesito otra dosis de mis Dark Hunters especialmente de Ash.

Esta historia no es tan desgarradora como la de Zarek o divertida y dulce como la de Vane, pero me gustó, Valerius me sorprendió no era todo lo que decían de él y hubo momentos que me dió bastante penita, él al igual que Zarek y Kyriam que lo odian era también una victima.
La pareja que hacía con Tabbitha era medio extraña, él todo estirado
This was an adult paranormal romance, set in New Orleans.

I felt quite sorry for Valerius in this; the things he had been through were terrible, and the way people treated him, just because of who his grandfather was, was awful. Tabitha on the other hand said whatever come into her head, and was a little irritating at times.

The storyline in this was about Tabitha and Valerius being thrown together, and Tabitha being unable to resist Valerius because he was so beautiful. There was quite a lot of
Louise
This is the book that forever shatters the Dark Hunter world...

Wow the plot was Amazing...it was mix with a lot of actions and romance, and they didn't overlap each other...problems arises in just a snap yet they were solve too, it would leave your heart ache for the characters and some went crushing along, it made me cry to many times in the book and the romance squeal I'm so happy with the story so much!

"...I guess I feel like all of us misfits need to hang together. At least that way we don'
Tessa Teevan
Jan 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audiobooks
Re-Read: October 2015

I freaking love these books!!! Seriously, each one gets better and better! I loved everything about Valerius and Tabby's story.

description

I want to live in a world with Dark Hunters. I imagine Kyrian, Acheron, Talon, and Valerius are just hanging out like a hot bunch like these guys.

Julie
May 12, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Valerius. I’ve been hearing mention of this name since book one in Sherrilyn Kenyon’s Dark-Hunter series. Valerius is portrayed as a heartless and cruel Roman bastard in the earlier books. He is described that way before we even get to really meet him. But in Seize the Night, he has a chance to shine. Since this is his book, he has the opportunity to completely redeem himself. And he does. He really does. By the end of this book, I was totally in love with Valerius. And Tabitha and Valerius have ...more
Not Now...Mommy's Reading
I have read every book in the Dark-Hunter series and prior to reading "Seize the Night", my favorite story was Zarek's in "Dance With The Devil". I thought no one could be more tortured than poor Zarek. Wrong!

I was captivated by Valerius almost immediately! Gone were the black leather pants and the gothic/punk attire replaced by turtlenecks, slacks and style. Wow! What a breath of fresh air! Not saying I mind a hot bod clad in tight leather but...it was a nice change. *grin

This man was sooo se
Beatriz
Sep 03, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Vaya! Si hasta solté unos lagrimones al final de esta novela. Sin duda, Valerio Magno es uno de los Cazadores Oscuros más particulares en todo lo que va de la saga y su compañera no se queda atrás.

Me gustó mucho el giro que toma la serie, en el sentido de que hasta ahora siempre se intuía que por más feas que se pusieran las cosas, los personajes principales eran intocables e iban a llegar a un buen final. Sin embargo, en esta entrega hay que enfrentar algunas pérdidas que resultan bastante dol
Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession
OMG I loved this one love val and tabby love that Kyrian ran in and stabbed val lol!!!!!!! I think this is my fav so far
Alp
Two in a roll, oh my! I'm on a roll with this series!

I loved this book! LOVED.
Gary
May 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of my all time fav in this series so much happening and u learn so much more about all of the cast of the books five out of five
Kainat 《HUFFLEPUFF & PROUD》
I loved Dance with the Devil!!
Let's see how this turns out.

I am such a mess. I've been thinking about going to the bookstore and buying this book for a few days now. What do you know, past-me already knew this day was about to come: i just saw this sitting on my bookshelf today. I don't even now for how many months it's been sitting there. And it's not even the first something like this happened to me. What's wrong with me?!
Carmen
Nov 04, 2014 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Romance fans
3 ROMANCE STARS

Everyone hates Valerius. Mainly because he was a Roman general who was born in 152 B.C., and most of the Dark-Hunters seem to be Greek. Especially those of them who live in New Orleans. Not to mention that Valerius's noble family was full of horrible people. His dad raped and murdered, and tortured countless people (he even tortured his own sons regularly), Valerius's brothers are angry, vicious psychopaths who also grow up to be rapist/murdering torturers. Valerius's grandfather
AJ
“Life is serious.”
“No, life is an adventure. It's thrilling and scary. Sometimes it's even a bit boring, but it should never be serious.”

OMG!! 6 shining stars!!! I freaking loved this book and can’t believe everything that happened! My mind is still reeling.

I love Tabitha… LOVE her! We have seen her a few times throughout the series so far, and when I realised that she was going to be matched with Valerius… OH YEAH!!! Valerius refers to her as a “brazen temptress, vampire slayer, complete unc
Sita
Jul 19, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely love the world of the dark hunters, I love the idea, the recurring characters (you see people after they got their happy endings), I basically love the books. So it was no surprise that I own all of them, the minute I finished Night Play, I ran out and bought this. And I was glad I did, I really liked Night Play, but I loved this one and it has to be my favorite out of the whole series so far.

Seize the Night is about Tabitha (the crazy twin sister of Amanda that we hear so much abou
DaMa
Feb 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: estanteria
Valerio, que manía te tenía desde el libro de Zarek, era personal ya sabes, para mi Zarek es y será el mejor de todos los cazadores oscuros.
Como dice el dicho, el lobo siempre será el malo si solo escuchamos a Caperucita. Después de escuchar a Valerio, y como sucedieron las cosas con Kirian y Zarek, no se le puede tener manía, un poco de resquemos a lo mejor, pero poquito…

Valerio, patricio romano, regio, serio, altivo, frio, dos metros diez centímetros de romano, con pinta de abogado. Esto me hi
Jilly
Meh... Tabitha just didn't grow on me. Neither did Valarius. I guess if opposites attract, they are perfect for each other. She's a self-proclaimed badass who owns a sex shop and acts like an overgrown rebellious teenager. He's Mr Prim and Proper who doesn't even own a pair of jeans. See? Perfect for each other.

Their romance starts with her stabbing him because she's decided she's a vampire hunter and he just happened to come along while she was stabbing vampires. She realizes he is a Dark Hunte
Océano de libros
May 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Valerio Magno antiguo general romano fue traicionado y se convirtió en cazador oscuro pero éstos no lo aceptan en sus filas. El frío y arrogante Valerio vive en soledad hasta que se tropieza con el huracán Tabitha Devereaux, humana y cuñada del hombre que desea “la muerte” del romano.
En esta sexta entrega conoceremos al romano odiado por todos los cazadores y por Kirian y Zarek específicamente. Me ha gustado la novela porque la he visto más trabajada y con esto me refiero a que además de ese rom
Tilly Slaton
Oct 16, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Seize the Night is the Dark-Hunter story of Valerius and Tabitha.

I always check out the excerpt before reading a book. When I realized this story would be of Valerius and Tabitha, I was somewhat bummed. I honestly didn't care for either character. It's always nice to look forward and say YES! when you are about to read a book you've been waiting for. This book didn't give me that feeling.

Fortunately, I was pleasantly surprised. Valerius and Tabitha are perfect for each other. I appreciate their
Anka
Feb 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Uno de los más esperados a la hora de releerlo.
Ronak Gajjar
Mar 13, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018, series
“Relax,” Acheron said with a yawn. “You’re in good hands. Tabby won’t hurt you.”
“She stabbed me!”
“Damn,” Ash said. “I told her not to stab any more Hunters. I hate it when she does that.”

description
Greek Gods + Vampires + Daimons + Were-Wolves + Dark Hunters + Insignificant Humans blabbering + Of course Captivating dry humour = The whole book!
Concept: 2.0/5.0
Execution: 2.25/5.0
Characters Bespoken: 3.0 /5.0
Cover: 2.75/5.0
Overall: 2.75/5.0
As for Valerius and Tabitha:
P.S.: Thanks to Zarek. I hope Astrid
Dk Towers
Este es uno de los mejores libro dentro de la saga, tanto por la pareja principal, como por la información del mundo de los Dark Hunters que se da, y por todos los sucesos que se dan dentro de la novela. Pasan muchas cosillas que te dejan al borde del colapso, en serio pensé que Kenyon nos iba a descargar el kokoro con ciertas escenas...

Where are you Nick??
I'm going to admit that I was a bit nervous about picking up Seize the Night, having seen Valerius through both Kyrian and Zarek's eyes I went into this book feeling quite prejudiced towards him. Although we had started to see a nicer side to him in Night Play I still wasn't expecting to like him all that much but I should have known that Sherrilyn Kenyon would completely turn my opinion on it's head. It didn't even take her that long to do it and I found myself feeling sorry for him very quickl ...more
UKSandy
Feb 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What did I think of this book - I ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT!

Tabitha is hilarious, Val was as sexy as hell! It was just a brilliant story, kept me hooked the whole way through. I love how you still get to hear all about the other Dark Hunters in each of these stories especially Ash as I just can't wait to get to his story!

I really need to be reading another series but I'm just chomping at the bit to start the next DH book - love, love, loving this series!!
A Million More Pages: 7 - Seize the Night (DH): May 25 33 29 Jun 30, 2015 10:43AM
Who's Your Author?: February 2015 BOM: Seize the Night 12 41 Feb 06, 2015 02:03AM
Kenyons Minions: Seize the Night BOTM 8 30 Feb 23, 2014 01:11PM
The Lost Challenges: Book 7 Seize the Night (April 1 to 15) 49 32 Jul 22, 2013 12:58PM
Order of Series 3 52 Dec 07, 2008 01:39PM
Kenyon Minions 1 21 Feb 11, 2008 08:52AM
  • Midnight Pleasures (Wild Wulfs of London #0.5; Dream-Hunter #0.5)
  • Knight of Darkness (Lords of Avalon, #2)
  • Tapestry (de Piaget, #8.5; de Piaget/MacLeod, #8.5; Were-Hunter, #0.5; Entire Dark-Hunterverse, #1.5; Dark-Hunterverse, #2; Highlander, #8)
  • Sin Undone (Demonica #5)
  • Demon from the Dark (Immortals After Dark #10)
  • Dark Slayer (Dark, #17)
  • Ashes of Midnight (Midnight Breed, #6)
  • Play of Passion (Psy-Changeling #9)
  • Noah (Nightwalkers, #5)
  • Jewel of Atlantis (Atlantis, #2)
  • Vampire, Interrupted (Argeneau #9)
Official Author site
Official Black Hat Society site
Official Witch of Endor site
Official Lords of Avalon site
Official Facebook site

New York Times and international bestselling author Sherrilyn Kenyon is a regular at the #1 spot. With legions of fans known as Meny

Dark-Hunter (1 - 10 of 27 books)
  • Night Pleasures (Dark-Hunter, #1)
  • Night Embrace (Dark-Hunter, #2)
  • Dance with the Devil (Dark-Hunter #3)
  • Kiss of the Night (Dark-Hunter, #4)
  • Night Play (Dark-Hunter #5, Were-Hunter #1)
  • Sins of the Night (Dark-Hunter #7)
  • Unleash the Night (Dark Hunter, #8; Were-Hunter, #2)
  • Dark Side of the Moon (Dark-Hunter #9, Were-Hunter #3)
  • The Dream Hunter (Dark-Hunter #10, Dream-Hunter #1)
  • Devil May Cry (Dark-Hunter, #11)

Romance Deals

• The Wedding Shroud (Tales of Ancient Rome, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Release Me (Stark Trilogy, #1)
  • Better Off Without Him
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Veronica's Dragon (Icehome, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • No Prince Charming (Secrets of Stone Series Book 1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • A Loyal Heart (An Uncertain Choice, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Surrender (Steel Brothers Saga, #6)
    $7.99 $2.49
  • Forged in Smoke (Red-Hot SEALs, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunted (The Warrior Chronicles, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Husband's Regret (Unwanted, #2)
  • Be My Reason
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Cuffed (Honor Bound Book 2)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • His Unlikely Lover (Unwanted, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Love Me Sweet (Bell Harbor, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forged in Ember (Red-Hot SEALs, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taking Catie (Temptation Saga #3)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Desire After Dark (Gansett Island, #14)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Scotch King (Scotch #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • This Love of Mine (Mirror Lake, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Your Scandalous Ways (Fallen Women, #1)
  • The End of Feeling
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Seaside Hearts (Love in Bloom: Seaside Summers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forgotten Secrets (Singing River Legacy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Knight (Endgame, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Storm Warrior (Grim, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bayside Passions (Bayside Summers, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures with a Rookie (Misadventures, #11)
  • Finding Libbie: A Novel
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Love at Last (Love in Bloom: The Bradens at Peaceful Harbor, #6.5)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Nitro's Torment (Sydney Storm MC #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Strange Hymn (The Bargainer #2)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Only You
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Lily and the Duke (Sex and the Season #1)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • My Once and Future Duke (The Wagers of Sin, #1)
  • Surrender/Submission Bound Hearts 1 & 2
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Burn (Steel Brothers Saga, #5)
    $7.99 $3.49
  • Mistress of Magic
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Duchess Deal (Girl Meets Duke, #1)
  • INK: A Love Story on 7th and Main
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Misadventures of a City Girl (Misadventures, #2)
  • A Ruthless Proposition
  • Hometown Girl
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mind (Trinity Trilogy #2)
    $6.99 $2.49
  • Rhapsodic (The Bargainer, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Decaying Empire (The Vanishing Girl, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Room for More (Cranberry Inn Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Forever Hunted (Forever Bluegrass #9)
  • The Cafe by the Sea
    $9.99 $1.99
  • My Brother Michael
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Elect (Eagle Elite, #2)
  • Just Friends
    $7.80 $2.99
  • To Taste Temptation (Legend of the Four Soldiers, #1)
  • Dodging Temptation
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Find Me (Corrupted Hearts #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunger (The Energy Vampires #2)
  • Bittersweet
  • The Light In Summer
    $5.99 $1.99
  • For Love and Honor (An Uncertain Choice, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Collision Point (Brute Force, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Heirs of Grace
  • Storm Bound (Grim, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Valiant (Spy Girl Book 4)
  • Wrecked
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Sapphire Heist (Jewel, #2)
  • The Other Side of the Story
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Out of Focus (Adams Grove, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Eighth Grave After Dark (Charley Davidson, #8)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • What If
  • Impossible Saints
    $22.73 $1.99
  • Hudson (Fixed, #4)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Only a Millionaire (The Sinclairs #6.5)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Elite (Eagle Elite, #1)
  • Kulti
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Soul Summoner  (The Soul Summoner, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • April / May / June (Calendar Girl #4-6)
    $8.99 $3.99
  • Lumière (The Illumination Paradox, #1)
  • Valorous (Quantum, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tempting Dusty (Temptation Saga, #1)
  • When Never Comes
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Misadventures with the Boss (Misadventures, #12)
  • Baby Daddy
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twice Bitten (Argeneau #27)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Misadventures of a Good Wife (Misadventures, #6)
  • Calendar Girl: Volume Three
    $8.99 $3.99
  • Love and Other Unknown Variables
    $7.99 $0.99
  • Storm Warned (Grim, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Real Thing (Sugar Lake, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Bronze Horseman (The Bronze Horseman, #1)
  • A Messy, Beautiful Life
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Pestilence (The Four Horsemen, #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Twisted Up (Taking Chances, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Journey's End (Gilded Promises)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Forged In Ash (Red-Hot SEALs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Light After Dark (Gansett Island, #15)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Fangs and Fennel (The Venom Trilogy, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Pecan Pie and Deadly Lies (Adams Grove, #4)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • At the Stroke of Midnight (The Naughty Princess Club, #1)
  • Wreckage
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How To Marry A Werewolf (Claw & Courtship, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
“Relax. You're in good hands. Tabby wont hurt you.

She stabbed me!

Damn! I told her not to stab any more Hunters. I hate it when she does that.”
657 likes
“Where are you anyway? (Acheron)
I don't know. I hear some godawful kind of music from outside, horns blaring, and I'm in a house with a Mohawk cuckoo bird, a transvestite, and a knife-wielding lunatic. (Valerius)
Why are you at Tabitha's? (Acheron)”
335 likes