Start by marking “Most Likely To Die” as Want to Read:
Most Likely To Die

Most Likely To Die

4.06  ·  Rating details ·  3,398 Ratings  ·  172 Reviews

New York Times bestselling authors Lisa Jackson, Beverly Barton, and Wendy Corsi Staub join forces to create a thrilling novel about love, revenge, and the dark secrets three women hold to a terrifying murder...

A KILLER WHO GETS AWAY WITH MURDER ONCE...

Published February 1st 2007 by Zebra (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Most Likely To Die, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Most Likely To Die

Louise
Sep 03, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people in a coma
I found this book in the airport and picked it up because I'd forgotten a book of my own to read. It immediately became apparent why the previous reader had left it on the bench. Wow, was it bad! From the improbable setting of a convent in Portland, Oregon, to the blatant, almost racist, tokenism of the characters (including a fat Mexican girl who loves jalapenos on her pizza), this book was an example of everything a good writer should not do. I laughed out loud when the killer -- yes, that's h ...more
Danielle (The Blonde Likes Books)
I enjoyed this book, but the thing that kept me from a 5 star review was the style of writing. The book is told through a number of POVs, including the killer's. While the three main POV's were easily distinguished as they each had their own section of the book, the killer's POV was integrated into each chapter, and it would change POV's in the middle of a page, with no warning. It was often confusing and I'd have to re-read sentences to remember who was speaking, so that got frustrating sometim ...more
Christa
Nov 08, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library
Most Likely To Die contains three connected stories by three different authors. Part One: Kristen, by Lisa Jackson, was my least favorite of the three, and I would only rate it three stars. To be fair, it may have been my least favorite because of the way it had use so much space to introduce most of the characters and set up the story. I did find Kristen and Ross Delmonico, the main characters in this part of the story, to be likeable, but I felt that their story together wasn't given enough de ...more
Joni
Aug 17, 2007 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Plot was given away about 1/2 way through the book with little surprises left once you figure out who is wrecking the havoc on the high school classmates. Too many predictable reunions. Only redeeming entertainment value was that book was written in 3 sections by 3 different authors, so there's some fun to be had in trying to find inconsistencies and differences in style throughout.
Isabel
Jul 11, 2009 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book did not keep my interest, i dont know if it was the combined writing styles or maybe I was not in the mood for a murder mistery?, I will probally try reading this again.
Linda Munro
Jan 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was never on any of my I want to read list. In fact, I stumbled over it at our local library’s annual fall book sale. The first thing I noticed was that the book was 10 years old, but as I read the cover, I decided I did want to read the book. Always remember, just because a book may be older, does not mean that it isn’t a good book!

The first thing I need to point out about this book is that there are three different authors; Lisa Jackson, Beverly Barton, and Wendy Corsi Staub. While each o
Christian Laforet
I’ve never read a Lisa Jackson story before this one, and can say, other than always seeing her books prominently displayed at my local Wal-Mart and Zehrs (a grocery store chain for those not in my neck of the woods), I had no idea what kind of genre she worked in.

So with that mind, picture me sauntering over the book rack (my grocery basket full of Monster energy drinks and Pizza Pops) and randomly grabbing the first book with an intriguing cover I see. Yep, you guessed it, it was Most Likely
Alasandra Alawine
I have to compliment the 3 authors for writing a nearly seamless tale. Each author took a character and told her story. Lisa Jackson went first with the story of Kristen. Kristen is separated from her husband Ross and irked about being forced to head up the committee for her High School Reunion from St. Elizabeth's. She is still haunted by the murder of her date (Jake) at the Valentine's Day Dance. When Kristen is stalked Ross's protective instincts kick in and he insist on protecting her which ...more
Maya
Aug 04, 2009 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
the way Lisa Jackson tells story of three main characters in this novel is quite entertaining. it's like we're taken to travel to three places where each of it containing one woman who have suffered from horrible high school moment. unfortunately, i couldn't find this book thrilling. the story about each main character's romance life is taking this novel way too far out of the theme. predictability in this novel is caused by the usual 'the most unlikely murderer is the murderer' type. Lisa Jacks ...more
lawgurl
good read but drawn out
William Malmborg
I didn’t mind that I figured out who the killer was fairly quickly into this book. What I didn’t care for was all the repetitive inner dialogue about how the killer was going to make the women pay. It just seemed excessive and over the top. I also thought it odd that the three main women characters would so easily fall into the arms of the three men, the first being with her husband who she was on the verge of divorcing, the other two being men they hadn’t seen since high school. I don’t doubt t ...more
Wieta
Jun 15, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thriller
Dikarang oleh 3 pengarang thriller-romance yang berbeda membuat buku ini menarik untuk dibaca. Menceritakan kehidupan 3 orang wanita, masing2 dikisahkan oleh pengarang yang berbeda dan di bagian terakhir diceritakan pertemuan dalam acara reuni dan pengungkapan siapa pembunuh yang sebenarnya.

Sebenarnya menebak pembunuh yang dicari2 tidak sukar, sekitar separuh buku sudah dapat ditebak tetapi kisah mengenai romance dari ketiga wanita tersebut membuat buku ini tetap sangat menarik untuk dibaca.
Erin
Apr 30, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This was the most predictably awful book. It is a story we have read or watched on the big screen over and over again. In the midst of all of the main characters friends dying they all still managed to find love. Puke fest.
Stephanie
I felt like I was reading a script from an after school special! Predicable and ridiculous. Every character is too good to be true .... But I read the whole thing, which is why I gave t 2 stars instead of 1.
ies
Mar 01, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
aku cuma suka bagian Beverlynya doang..
yg lain agak kurang ngena hahah
Terri Lynn
I have read books by Lisa Jackson and Wendy Corsi Staub but none by Beverly Barton and after this book written by this trio, I doubt if I would ever read anything by Beverly Barton.

This books is about a group of women in 2006 who are having a 20 year reunion- their first ever- of their graduation from a girls' Catholic school in 1986. They had not kept in touch over the years and the reason why is that so many of them were infatuated with bad boy and supercreep Jake Marcott who was murdered at t
Laurie D'ghent
Quite interesting to read one story written by three different authors. I wasn't that into it at first, got more interested in the middle, then found the end exceedingly obvious by the third section. Mild swearing, moderate sex (all the sex scenes were brief, but icky). I think I'm too left-brained to enjoy a book written by multiple people.
Geza
Jun 09, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I guessed the identity of the killer early on, so it made the big reveal boring. I liked the main characters though, and the book flowed pretty well considering it was split into three parts each written by a different author.
Judi
Jul 27, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
Robin Jolina El- Habbas
AMAZING! Finished it in three afternoons! One of the most thrilling books that keeps you on the edge!
Linda
Jun 22, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good read - kept my attention. I suspected who the villain was about three fourths of the way thru and I was right. Had a typical ending where all three of the best friends end up with their man.
Kelley Kirby
May 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good, quick read! I had to know who the killer was.....a few twists and turns. I rate it a 3.8!
Tera Sleep
Jan 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another fantastic book, loved how each author made the story flow seamlessly and keep me hooked.
Betty
Mar 01, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
All of this author's stories seem to have one basic element that's getting really tiresome after more than 20 novels read. Some woman in some sexual tension with some man she doesn't think she should get involved with. Someone is always divorced... And in this story, the two combine so that the main character is resisting involvement with a husband she still loves even though she doesn't want to admit it. What does this author have against happy, healthy marriages that are a support to someone h ...more
 Marla
3.5 stars. The premise having 3 authors write 3 parts of the same book was interesting and it almost worked. If there were more twists in the plot, I would give Lindsay, by Wendy Corsi Staub and Beverly Barton's Rachel part 4's, but only a 3 for Lisa Jackson's Kristen.

Likes:
* Romance stories intermingled with murder mystery
* Interesting three main characters: Kristen Delmonico, Lindsay Farrell - NYC event planner, and Rachel Alsace - police officer
* Police officer point of view of investigation
Teri
Feb 19, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
If you want a romance, get another book. If you want a murder mystery, get another book. While you may think you're getting three books in one, all you're getting is a long, drawn out story by three authors. The story was well thought and there wasn't any choppiness changing from one author to the other. It just wasn't a good story to begin with in the first place. It's almost like they knew that and decided to throw the novelty of three authors at it.
Angela Blount
I'll admit from the start, I'm not a huge murder mystery fan. On the whole, this wasn't a bad book. Well built suspense kept me reading. I had some difficulty with becoming attached to most of the characters. In part, because I had trouble grasping how one shady young man, however handsome, could have ended up idealized in the minds of that many teenage girls...to the point of contributing to failing areas of their lives even two decades after being devastated by his death.

They gave away the mur
Kris - My Novelesque Life
4.5 STARS

"A KILLER WHO GETS AWAY WITH MURDER ONCE...

It's been twenty years since the night Jake Marcott was brutally murdered at St. Elizabeth High School. It's a night that shattered the lives of Lindsay Farrell, Kirsten Daniels, and Rachel Alsace. It's a night they'll never forget. A killer will make sure of that...

FINDS IT EASIER TO KILL AGAIN

A 20-year reunion has been scheduled for St. Elizabeth's. For some alumni, very special invitations have been sent: their smiling senior pictures sla
Kerri
Nov 18, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Most Likely To Die was like reading three books for the price of one. Three parts to the same story, following a group of three best friends, each friend's point of view written by an amazing author. Granted, the book becomes a tad bit predictable, it was still a delightful read. I finished it in little more than a day. Extremely quick read, it's a bit hard to put down at points!

The only thing I really didn't enjoy about this book, was the ending. The last chapter was very cliche, and felt like
Lisa
Oct 15, 2007 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone interested :]
  • Every Move She Makes
  • Don't Scream

Lisa Jackson is the number-one New York Times bestselling author of more than 85 novels, including Afraid to Die, Tell Me, You Don’t Want to Know, Running Scared, Without Mercy, Malice, and Shiver.  She is also the co-author of the Colony Series, co-written with her sister, Nancy Bush. There are over 20 million copies of Lisa Jackson’s books in print in twenty languages.

Before she became a natio

More about Lisa Jackson...