Start by marking “Wintertide (The Riyria Revelations, #5)” as Want to Read:
Wintertide (The Riyria Revelations, #5)

Wintertide (The Riyria Revelations #5)

4.42  ·  Rating details ·  6,038 Ratings  ·  232 Reviews
A FORCED WEDDING. A DOUBLE EXECUTION. TWO THIEVES HAVE OTHER PLANS.

The New Empire intends to celebrate its victory over the Nationalists with a day that will never be forgotten. On the high holiday of Wintertide, they plan to execute two traitors (Degan Gaunt and the Witch of Melengar) as well as force the Empress into a marriage of their own design. But they didn’t accoun
Published October 1st 2010 by Ridan Publishing (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Wintertide, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wintertide

Amar
Feb 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Definitivno nikad brže knjigu nisam pročitao i mislim da to dovoljno govori o kvaliteti ovog djela. Šest pametno potrošenih sati. Očigledno najbolja knjiga u serijalu dosada.

Oko priče ne bi mnogo, jer je ipak 5. dio jednog serijala. Priča je ( iako tako nije na početku djelovalo) bolja spram ranijih dijelova, ali to mi nije bio razlog za peticu. Sullivan je dosta napredovao u pisanju ali i u karakterizaciji. Ono što se meni ovdje dopalo jeste ljudskost koju su neki likovi dobili. Osjećao sam i p
Lee
Jan 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
I haven't time to write a full review so I am going to keep this brief. If you haven't started this series yet, you NEED TO.

For five books now we have followed the journey of Hadrian and Royce. I must say, for the amount of books involved, Sullivan has kept this story very tight. With my love for big epics from authors like Erikson, Hamilton and Reynolds, whose side stories become novels in themselves, it is really great to read a story with a central story with almost no side stories. Everythin
Armina

Best book in the series so far! It had it all. Easy 5 stars! I finished it a while ago but RL(being very hectic) prevented me from posting accurate updates since I'm mostly listening to the audiobook and using the omnibus edition. I'll try to write a proper review at some point.
ally  ¯\(ツ)/¯
Nov 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Initially, I thought I would rate these books by their two part bind ups, but I've changed my mind. This book needs to receive the individual attention and 5 star rating it deserves, no matter what part 6 may bring.
This series has had its ups and downs, overall I love the characters and the world, but sometimes the story itself drags. This book is flawless. I can't think of a single thing in this story I would change. It made me smile and laugh, but it also broke my heart.
I look forward to conti
Komal
Apr 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
You ripped out my heart Mr. Sullivan. You ripped it out from within my rib cage in a matter of pages. You just shoved your fist into my chest, got a hold and just... ripped it out. Just like that. And then you took out your dagger and started cutting it, strand by strand, in front of my face as I watched, helpless. Then you smiled and threw it away.

These tears.

Dear God.

--10 minutes later--

I have never seen an author grow with their book the way Michael J. Sullivan has. This book was brilliant
C.P. Cabaniss
Jul 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing

"Happiness comes from moving toward something. When you run away, ofttimes you bring your misery with you."

I had a feeling going into this one that it would break my heart and I was right. Something had to go wrong eventually. Well, I mean, stuff had already gone wrong, but something else was going to go wrong. And it did. There was plenty to break my heart here. There was also plenty to love.

It's no secret that Royce is my favorite character and this installment did nothing to lessen him for
Mike (the Paladin)
Jun 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I finished this a few days ago but hadn't taken time to review it. I must say that I have enjoyed this series and can recommend it. This series and these characters are so well done I'm very glad I found it. I'd had it recommended to me some time ago but never got around to reading it. If the same is true with you try it...really.

This is the 5th out of 6 volumes and it's another good story. The plot takes a darker turn (as it's been headed that way from the first). We get to know these guys and
TS Chan
Given how the series was progressing over the past 4 books, I wasn’t surprised to find myself gushing at the end of Wintertide and giving it a stonking 5-stars! The story really started to soar by now with Hadrian and Royce finally arriving into Aquesta where Empress Modina “reigns” and Arista was imprisoned. The tension and pacing of this book had me almost on the edge throughout.

Those who have followed my status updates will know that I have a crush on Hadrian and this book gave me more of hi
Bogdan
Nov 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
In all of the series I seem to have problems with the construction of some of the characters and their ulterior evolution, but, maybe, it`s only a personal thing. In one moment some of them are the most despicable and feared across the land, in the next one, they`re dead- easyyy as a piece of cake......

I don`t know, sometimes their initial image doesn`t add up with their ulterior evolution.

And the bad guys, are making a lot of crimes, but still their main motivation is that those action are for
David Sven
Jan 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, audiobooks
These books just keep getting better. The writing is better, the characters have developed some depth and complexity, and even though things have gotten a little darker, it’s still not dark fantasy – and that’s a good thing for this series I think.

And it’s ditto what I have already said about the previous books regarding Tim Gerard Reynolds audio narration ie very good.

Royce and Hadrian are back and go right into the heart of the Empire, determined to save the Heir of Novron and Princess Arista.
Fantasy Buddy Reads: Wintertide 24 25 Aug 02, 2016 06:38AM
Modina and the Church (spoiler) 5 27 Feb 19, 2012 10:09PM
  • The Spirit Eater (The Legend of Eli Monpress, #3)
  • Shadow's Lure (Shadow Saga, #2)
  • The Price of Spring (Long Price Quartet, #4)
  • Hope's End (Powder Mage, #0.4)
  • The King of the Crags (The Memory of Flames, #2)
  • Sworn in Steel (Tales of the Kin, #2)
  • The Folding Knife
  • Secrets of the Sands (Children of the Desert, #1)
  • Dragonfly Falling (Shadows of the Apt, #2)
  • Canticle (Psalms of Isaak, #2)
  • The Scarlet Tides (Moontide Quartet, #2)
  • She Who Waits (Low Town, #3)
2063919
Did you miss The Disappearance of Winter's Daughter Kickstarter? You can buy copies from this link!

Final edits for Age of War have been turned in and the book is in production. Pre-order Now!

Starting Age of Swords? Get an Age of Myth recap from here.

★6-time Goodread Choice Award Nominee:★

Honored that Age of Myth was one of the 200 most popular books of 2016!

Thanks for visiting my page! I
More about Michael J. Sullivan...

The Riyria Revelations (6 books)
  • The Crown Conspiracy (The Riyria Revelations, #1)
  • Avempartha (The Riyria Revelations, #2)
  • Nyphron Rising (The Riyria Revelations, #3)
  • The Emerald Storm  (The Riyria Revelations, #4)
  • Percepliquis (The Riyria Revelations, #6)