Start by marking “Garro: Oath of Moment” as Want to Read:
Garro: Oath of Moment

Garro: Oath of Moment

(The Horus Heresy Audio Drama)

3.92  ·  Rating details ·  395 Ratings  ·  26 Reviews
In surviving the horrors on board the Eisenstein, Nathaniel Garro proved his courage and absolute loyalty to the Emperor. On his return to Terra, Garro is despatched on a mission of even greater importance – a mission given to him by Malcador the Sigillite himself. He soon finds himself back amongst the stars and on the fields of battle, thrust into a warzone where the Ult ...more
Audio CD
Published December 9th 2010 by Black Library

To ask other readers questions about Garro, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Garro

Carl Grider
Sep 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: black-library
More great 40k old radio style drama!
Patrick Rauland
May 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: warhammer
Introduces Garro as Malcador's knight errant. And also introduces Tylos Rubio.
Mario Caronna
Feb 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Garro is one of the best character of Horus heresy series. This audio drama is cool, maybe a little short, 1 hour, but is good. The arrival of Garro is epic.
Abhinav
Feb 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
You can read the full review over at my blog

Shadowhawk reviews the first two Garro audio dramas by James Swallow, Oath of Moment and Legion of One, part of the Horus Heresy series by Black Library.

“Some of the most well-written and highly enjoyable audio dramas, Oath of Moment and Legion of One are among James Swallows’ best work for Black Library.” ~Shadowhawk, The Founding Fields

The two Garro audios were the first Black Library audio dramas I ever listen
Eulercauchy
Feb 15, 2017 rated it liked it
Fun little side story.
Lex
Sep 06, 2012 rated it really liked it
As a continuation of the Horus Heresy series, this audio drama comes right after Flight of the Eisenstein. Here, its Captain, Nathaniel Garro, sets out on a mission by by Malcador the Sigillite. (Oh, I must say, that Sigil-engraving laser thing was really cool...I'm still geeking-out about it) I'll stop spoiling the story there...but the premise is very very interesting.
This is my first chance to find out what the difference is between a WH40k "audio book" and "audio drama". The difference is v
Tom
Sep 30, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: sci-fi
I didn't think much of Flight of the Eisenstein, it was a dull entry in the Horus Heresy series and I don't really recall its protagonist Nathanial Garro as being in any way interesting. That said, this mini-sequel was a very good read (well, listen I guess it was a audio book). Garro still isn't the world's most engaging hero but his mission was suitably mysterious and exciting enough to draw me in. Especial since (view spoiler) ...more
Zaratoth
A short story, direct sequel to The Flight of the Eisenstein and the first audio drama of the series.

I loved it. Toby Longworth, the narrator, is the best of the three I've heard as of yet. Also, constant music, battle sounds etc make this an awesome experience.

The story is solid and we see the start of a new unit in the Imperium, with Garro as its head.

The only reason I give this 4/5 is that I did not know that it was a short story and was frustrated when I realised it had ended. This would not
Jimmy
Apr 26, 2011 rated it really liked it
Short and sweet.
Some decent voice work and sound effects enhance this short story.
For all the people who wanted to know what happened Garro after arriving to Terra, this is, I would guess the first of many short stories telling the tale of his mission from the Siglite.

It ties a few threads together from other recent books in this case providing a good view into the impact of the Council of Nikiela from a standpoint outside of that covered in thousand sons and Prospero burns

Worth a listen
Dylan Murphy
Sep 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
A good little audio drama. It was really awesome to get to see Garro again, and see him start his quest. I really look forward to seeing where this goes.
That said, the battle scenes were intense, and it was nice getting to see a more human side to the Ultramarines. Garro is as amazing a character as always.

The one thing I didn't like was Malcador's voice. I liked it much better in The Lightning Tower, and I really hope they change voice actors for him in the next ones
Fabian Scherschel
Apr 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Once again, James Swallow delivers the goods. The first audio book from him that I've listened to and I am not disappointed. No doubt the beginning of an epic quest for Garro as he enacts the orders of Malcador The Sigillite. Very well written and performed and perfect in length. Everything an audio book and a short story should be. Can't wait to listen to the next one!
Taddow
Dec 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I really liked this book (it was the best audio book that I have listened to yet) and I think that its main attraction was seeing the origins of the Imperium's Inquistion (which I am a big fan of) and the Grey Knights (which I am not really a big fan of).
Kjell
Nov 30, 2010 rated it liked it
Audio book from Black Library, I've started to like the style of these books, about the Horus Heresy Wars. This one feels like a undisclosed chapter in the middle of a good book. I find Mr. Longworth interpretations of space marines voices very good. I hope to hear more of these in the future.
Michael T Bradley
Oct 05, 2016 rated it it was ok
Garro basically tricks Rubio, an ex-psyker Ultramarine (well, he's still a psyker, but Nikaeia put a stop to him USING his gifts), into joining him for ... who knows what missions under Malcador's direction. The scenes with Malcador & Garro in flashback were fairly interesting.
C.P. Sennett
Feb 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
A very good character emerging in this set.

I like Garro, he is a good character caught up in things well beyond him. The story is good, you emphasise for this poor guy and it is well read with good sound effects.

Well worth getting.
Christian
Apr 16, 2011 rated it liked it
Audiodrama. Kind of a letdown from Flight of the Eisenstein but I guess it's to set the stage for further stories. Truthfully, nothing much happens...
Patt
Jan 08, 2013 rated it it was ok
The story of Garro continues not much detail and very short.
Tukadian
Mar 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audiobook
Good little short story about one of the founding members of the Grey Knights. I wasn't too familiar with 40k when I listened to this one, but it was a decent short story.
nooker
Jan 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: warhammer-40k
Interesting origin story (not Garro's). Epic battle scenes.
Anna
  • The Horus Heresy: Collected Visions
  • Promethean Sun
  • The Sigillite
  • The Crimson Fist
James Swallow is a New York Times, Sunday Times and Amazon bestselling author and scriptwriter, a BAFTA nominee, a former journalist and the award-winning writer of over fifty books, along with scripts for videogames, radio and television.

His writing includes the Marc Dane action thriller series, the Sundowners steampunk Westerns and fiction from the worlds of Star Trek, Warhammer 40000, Doctor W

The Horus Heresy (1 - 10 of 70 books)
  • Horus Rising
  • Battle for the Abyss
  • Mechanicum
  • Tales of Heresy

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• World After (Penryn & the End of Days, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fortune's Rising (Outer Bounds #1)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • End of Days (Penryn & the End of Days, #3)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • The Beginning of the End (Apocalypse Z, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Going Wild (Going Wild #1)
  • Renegade: The Lost Books, Book 3
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Awakening (The Vampire Diaries, #1)
  • Making History
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Godsgrave (The Nevernight Chronicle, #2)
    $10.99 $2.99
  • Carve the Mark (Carve the Mark, #1)
    $10.99 $1.99
    $12.99 $3.99
  • Enchantress (Evermen Saga, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Glass Magician (The Paper Magician Trilogy, #2)
  • Let the Right One In: A Novel
  • Come Out Tonight
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Iron Trial (Magisterium #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1)
  • Fawkes
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Sticks & Stones (Upside-Down Magic #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Hidden Relic (Evermen Saga, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Soul of the Fire (Sword of Truth #5)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2)
  • The Witch's Vacuum Cleaner and Other Stories
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Last Namsara (Iskari #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Rift Uprising (The Rift Uprising Trilogy #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Girl from Everywhere (The Girl From Everywhere, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Temple of the Winds (Sword of Truth Book 4)
    $9.99 $2.49
  • The Witch's Daughter (The Witch's Daughter, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Winter King: A Novel of Arthur (Warlord Chronicles)
  • Journey to the Center of the Earth
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Riot (Peter Grant, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Venom in the Veins (Elemental Assassin, #17)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The City of Brass (The Daevabad Trilogy, #1)
    $11.99 $1.99
  • I, Robot
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Wizard's First Rule (Sword of Truth, #1)
    $8.99 $2.49
  • Running with the Demon (Word & Void #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Infomocracy (The Centenal Cycle, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Atopia Chronicles (Atopia, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Stone of Tears (Sword of Truth Book 2)
    $9.99 $2.49
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Broken Pride (Bravelands, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Quicksilver (The Baroque Cycle, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sweep in Peace (Innkeeper Chronicles, #2)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Book of the Unnamed Midwife (The Road to Nowhere, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Witch's Reign (Desert Cursed, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Into the Fire  (The Thin Veil #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Malice (The Faithful and the Fallen, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Sudden Appearance of Hope
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Path of the Storm (Evermen Saga, #3)
  • Six Scary Stories
    $4.99 $1.49
  • Rite of Passage
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Across the Universe (Across the Universe, #1)
  • Flowertown
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Jilo (Witching Savannah #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Line (Witching Savannah, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Master Magician (The Paper Magician, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Compound (The Compound, #1)
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Void (Witching Savannah, #3)