Start by marking “Sister of the Bride (Fool's Gold, #2.5)” as Want to Read:
Sister of the Bride (Fool's Gold, #2.5)

(Fool's Gold #2.5)

When Katie McCormick finds out that her sister is
marrying her ex, she finally agrees to a setup for the
big day. To her surprise, Jackson is a catch. But when
wedding catastrophe ensues, will their sparks fizzle or
ignite into flames?
Published August 1st 2010 by MIRA (first published July 27th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Sister of the Bride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sister of the Bride

Susan
Feb 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing

Susan Mallery

SISTER OF THE BRIDE is book 2.5 in the Fool's Gold series. A quick novella, only 77 pages long but one that had me giggling out loud with almost every page. Katie needs a date for her sister's wedding. Her sister, Courtney is marrying Katie's ex fiancé, Alex and Katie knows this is going to be the longest four days of her life. Her mother won't stop nagging her until Katie has a date for the wedding. Katie finally agrees to let her set her up with her moms best fr
Wanda
Oct 09, 2010 rated it really liked it
I LOVE Susan Mallery and I love her books. With that being said. I enjoyed reading this short story. And despite the fact that this book is a work of fiction, one can only hope love arrives just in time when we desperately seeking for it and longing for it. That's basically what every woman wants and Susan Mallery knows exactly how to write it. Kinda wish she was the author of "my" love life.
In "Sister Of The Bride" Katie's sister is marrying her ex. The very guy she stole from her own sister a
Lauren
4 Stars

Katie McCormick's ex-boyfriend is marrying her sister. When her mother insists on setting her up with her best friend's son, Katie reluctantly agrees even though she remembers hating Howie as a kid. But the Howie who turns up is nothing like she remembers and soon they can't keep their hands off each other.

A sweet and sexy second chances romance.
Katie and Jackson make a charming couple and their chemistry is fantastic. My one regret is that Katie didn't punch her obno
Tracy
I'm Glad My Siblings Are Brothers
Katie McCormick knows all about the concept of adding insult to injury. Not only is her spoiled younger sister marrying Katie's ex-boyfriend in a four day event that is destined to make her stomach turn, but her mother is pushing her into accepting a date for the interminably long weekend with the son of her mother's best friend. Howie. They'd met once when Katie was thirteen and Howie about sixteen and the scrawny, nerdy brainiac didn't exactly endear himself to
Cheesecake
Katie and Jackson. An unwanted blind date turns into insta love.
So like the blurb says, Katie's ex and her sister get a case of insta love... while he's still dating Katie. Now the love birds have created the wedding from hell complete with a bridezilla... and Katie has a front row seat. Not that she cares, except for the pity looks everyone gives her. So maybe being talked into a blind date with her childhood nemesis isn't such a bad thing? Better than showing up single to the wedding right? B
Jonel
Jul 09, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
Short and sweet. Perfect for an afternoon in the sun or an evening with a glass of wine.

Mallery returns readers to Fool’s Gold with a hot & fast paced romance that oozes emotion and realism. She draws readers into her tale, allowing them to experience it alongside the readers. Mixing comedy with the difficulties of being the only single female at a family wedding, Mallery created a fantastic tale that I could not only relate to, but that I could barely put down.

The sister in this story was
Fanny
Jul 19, 2016 rated it liked it

La Hermana De La Novia es una novela corta ( menos de 100 paginas ) dentro de la saga Fools Gold de la autora Susan Mallery y narra la historia de Katie y Jackson.
Esta novela me gusto mucho, aunque hubiera preferido que tuviera unas pocas paginas mas y asi la autora hubiera desarrollado mas la relacion de los protagonistas, ya que la senti muy precipitada y rapida, con un caso claro de insta-love.
La razon principal de que disfrutara tanto la lectura fue por lo corta y sencilla que me parecio, si
willaful
I was intrigued by the set-up for this story in Chasing Perfect: Katie is forced to agree to spend a four day wedding with the geeky boy she hated as a girl. The fact that as soon as they meet, they discover they're both great-looking now and really like each other was a bit of a letdown, with the conflict for the story, what there is of it, mostly coming from wacky wedding high-jinks. But it was a likeable short read.
Shanu
Mar 12, 2015 rated it it was ok
-short
-not so bad writing style, but it's mostly dialogue
-cliché character with no depth. very one dimensional.
-loved the dialogues between howie and ... i forgot her name. edit : It's katie*
-story simplistic. very straight forward, no suspense whatsoever
Susan Mallery
Oct 06, 2010 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Trying to find a way to let my goodreads friends know that SISTER OF THE BRIDE, my story in the SUMMER BRIDES anthology, is available as a free download this week only at Borders! Hope this is an okay way to spread the word.
Kathi
Mar 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: german-books
Ja, ich will ein Date mit dir von Susan Mallery ist eine Kurzgeschichte zwischen dem zweiten und dritten Teil. Katies Schwester heiratet Katies Exfreund in einer großen Hochzeit. Damit sie dort nicht alleine auftaucht, besorgt ihr ihre Mutter ein Date. Jackson und Katie kennen sich schon lange, da ihre Mütter beste Freundinnen sind. Doch in ihrer Jugend haben sich beide nicht leiden können und sind auch jetzt weniger begeistert ein Wochenende zusammen zu verbringen. Doch alles kommt anders als g ...more
Monique Pearson
Jul 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved this novella! So romantic and laugh out loud funny! So glad I realize this was part of the series!
Ally
Aug 14, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2009, ebook
When Katie McCormick finds out that her sister is marrying her ex, she finally agrees to a setup for the big day. To her surprise, Jackson is a catch. But when wedding catastrophe ensues, will their sparks fizzle or ignite into flames?

Sister of the Bride is a very short sweet read. Katie is briefly mentioned in Chasing Perfect when Charity's new friends have a girls night in and Katie is getting drunk as he sister is marrying her ex.

Katie and Jackson's Mother are best friends and are determined
ᴊᴀɴᴇ
Jun 19, 2016 rated it liked it
I always hated such plot. Whereby sister who snatch your boyfriend away. And kept pointing out about your shortcoming and jealous of her scenes. This book totally fulfill that area. But luckily for that, the ending comes out good for me. Cos the mc in the book have their happy ending. As for the family members, I think I wanna puke. I mean having a bitch sister, a bitch aunt and those family members who only know how to point out Katie's flaw endlessly. I dunno why she would want to attend such ...more
Alexis-Morgan Roark
Patrice
Sep 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014-books-read
This novella was a really cute story. I loved how the two moms had been trying to get Katie and Jackson (aka Howie) together for years. The first time that they met, they were both in their teens and it was not a very auspicious meeting. Needless to say, their renewed acquaintance sent sparks flying, in a good way.
Elle
Oct 11, 2010 rated it really liked it
Over-the-top crazy families usually both me with their outrageousness - but not this time. This time the family was an excellent and enjoyable complication to this love story. I also LOVED the hero and heroine. Both a little self-concious. So cute.

Loved this shorty!
Mary McFarlane
Nov 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-books
Super short but super cute! Kinda knew how it was going to end but still it was a good read
Maja
I just did not enjoy this one-- a fake wedding date scenario is among my favorite meet-cutes, and the trope of childhood acquaintances makes it even better, but it's pulled off in such an uninteresting way?? The rest of the scenario -- the groom being the heroine's ex, who left her for her sister, and is now trying to get back together with her -- is so cliche as to be openly obnoxious, and the sister conflict was so frustrating and awful. The rest of the family was also terrible, especially the ...more
Cruth
Sep 20, 2015 rated it liked it
Author: Susan Mallery
First published: August 2010
Length: 11 chapters (novella)
Setting: Contemporary. Smalltown (Fool's Gold).
Sex: Explicit. Frequent for the length of the novella.
Hero: Tech Whiz
Heroine: Sports Writer.

Cliched. Quick. Funny. Sweet. Rapid HEA. Lust At First Sight.

But enjoyable.

Fool's Gold series:
Book 1 Chasing Perfect - Charity Jones and Josh Golden
Book 2 Almost Perfect - Liz Sutton and Ethan Hendrix
Book 2.5 (novella) Sister of the Bride - Katie McCormick and Howard Jackson Kent
Boo
Vani
Jan 17, 2019 rated it liked it
This is a fun, short love story that takes place over four days at a ski resort. I found myself laughing over some of the scenes, like when Katie's Aunt Tully kisses Jackson and tries to buy him from Katie by offering to buy her a new Lexus. Or when Katie's mom gets drunk and starts describing her sex life with Katie's dad to Katie and Jackson in the elevator. Jackson is a mature adult, which is a lot more than I can say about a lot of male protagonists in cishet romance novels. Although their r ...more
Tina
Oct 26, 2017 rated it liked it
This book wasn't terribly bad. But it barely squeezed a 3 out of me. Due to one of my biggest bookish pet-peeves in a romance novel I knocked off a star, and then a half star was lost for the extreme idiocy of all the characters except for Jackson (he was just minor stupid). But I've come to expect that from Mallery, flaky twits that don't have enough brain cells to rub together are her specialty.
Allison Henle
Feb 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
A really cute romance novella, all set at the wedding of Katie's gorgeous sister to Katie's ex-boyfriend. In desperation, she accepts her mother's plan to set her up with the son of a friend... and sparks fly. Of course. Katie's family is just awful to her, and the best scene(s) are when her new boyfriend tells off various people in her defense.
Emily
Mar 14, 2019 rated it it was ok
oh god this was an insta-love and a half. This book is not about two people falling for each other, it’s about two people who are in the same general vicinity and then suddenly are in love. BOOM PRESTO, love.

gonna pretend I didn’t read this one...
Saphrona
Mar 17, 2019 rated it liked it
Sometimes I’m in the mood for a quick happy ending but this was TOO quick. TOO happy. The guy who broke up with her for her sister tried to come back to her? The ex of her new guy tries to sabotage and she doesn’t believe it for a minute? He proposed after knowing her for 4 days?
Sydney
Nov 28, 2018 rated it liked it
Standard chick lit and my favorite in the series so far. Obviously this was ridiculous and no one would propose after such a short time (especially just as a way to “prove” he didn’t sleep with someone else). I liked the chemistry between the characters though
Kathleen
Jan 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
De las historias que me gustan, mucho amor y pasión... pronto reseña en http://miesquinaliteraria.wixsite.com...
Rita C
Jun 13, 2018 rated it liked it
First one in this series with characters that are likeable at the start of the story.
Chrissy
Jan 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Super cute :)
  • Snowy Night Seduction
  • From This Moment On (Alaskan Nights # 2.5)
  • Cowboy Trouble
  • Midnight Kiss (Virgin River, #10.5)
  • Trouble Me (The Rosewood Trilogy, #3)
  • Only You (Angel Ridge, #1)
  • Venus in Blue Jeans (Konigsburg, #1)
  • Bedded for Diamonds (Bennett 2)
  • Turn My World Upside Down: Jo's Story
  • Sea Glass Winter (Shelter Bay #5)
  • Tamed (Fit Trilogy #2)
  • Once a SEAL (West Coast Navy SEALs, #2)
  • Turn Up the Heat: Love Won't Wait\Beach House Beginnings\Strong Enough to Love (Includes The Carlisles #2; Jackson, #1.2; Beach House No. 9 #0.5)
  • On the Edge (Uncommon, #0.5)
  • Hell, Yeah (Honky Tonk, #2)
  • Kissing Cowboy (Men of S.W.A.T., #3)
  • Kiss the Bride (Amour et Chocolat, #0.5)
  • Can't Hold Back (Returning Home, #2)
#1 New York Times bestselling author Susan Mallery writes heartwarming and humorous novels about the relationships that define women's lives—family, friendship, romance. She's best known for putting nuanced characters into emotionally complex, real-life situations with twists that surprise readers to laughter. Because Susan is passionate about animal welfare, pets play a big role in her books. Bel ...more

Fool's Gold (1 - 10 of 20 books)
  • Chasing Perfect (Fool's Gold, #1)
  • Almost Perfect (Fool's Gold, #2)
  • Finding Perfect (Fool's Gold, #3)
  • Only Mine (Fool's Gold #4)
  • Only Yours (Fool's Gold, #5)
  • Only His (Fool's Gold, #6)
  • Summer Days (Fool's Gold, #7)
  • Summer Nights (Fool's Gold, #8)
  • All Summer Long (Fool's Gold, #9)
  • Just One Kiss (Fool's Gold, #10)
“Katie, honey, you need a date for your sister’s wedding.”
“I had a date, Mom. He’s marrying the bride.”
7 likes