Start by marking “Fight to Remember (Trueblood #5)” as Want to Read:
Fight to Remember (Trueblood #5)

Fight to Remember (Trueblood #5)

3.94  ·  Rating details ·  204 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
What’s my name?

With a twist of his body, Rhyl avoids being staked in the heart but not being shoved toward hell. Trapped between slabs of rock, he has to drink the blood of rats to survive. It’s a desperate fight to stay sane.

What did I do last night?

For eleven long years, Piper has awakened every morning with no idea of who or where she is. How can she find someone to lov
ebook
Published July 27th 2010 by Loose Id LLC

To ask other readers questions about Fight to Remember, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fight to Remember

LMM
Sep 28, 2010 rated it really liked it
I really like Elsborg. She is pure escapist & despite the long & graphic & sex scenes (which are definitely hawt), she actually manages to weave a good plot in her stories & create characters you come to care about & root for.

I think her sex scenes are the most imaginative I've read & for me, the sexiest.

Her dialog is also very funny in a cute way but also very cheeky as I've mentioned before. For example she gives a nod to Sookie Stackhouse in this last one.

SPOILER -

P
Coyora Dokusho
Aug 08, 2014 rated it liked it
I'm glad the epilogue did a quick check in from all the MC's from the series. Well, in the end, I kind of felt like it was a clumsily mended shirt. The author tried so hard to sew up the plot holes she left puckers all over the fabric.

Storm update: nothing much happened so far YAY THREE DAY WEEKEND
robin underhill
Jul 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A Good Read

I enjoyed this book very much... the characters had depth and it had a solid story line. I don't usually gravitate to this kind of storyline however, the more I read the more I got into it. I can't wait to back track and read the other stories.
Fairyblood
Left on the edges of hell, Ryhl has forgotten who he is and why he has been left underground. He's a vampire starving for blood, and all he has is his lucky charm and his dreams.

One day at a time is all Piper has. With a rare condition, everyday she starts as a blank slate having to read her diaries everyday to tell her about her own life. Though her skills seem to always be there, which is a good thing since she's a tattooist.

Each fight might be his last, but at least Kier's family will be saf
Wicked Nyx
Dec 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book tremendously, the unique set-up, the unusual characters, the BDSM hotness...

Piper has short-term memory loss, so anything that happened yesterday she has to write down if she wants to remember it. She has stacks of notebooks and reminders for herself, but the tedium of reading about her own life is starting to make her look at ending it.

Rhyl has been trapped, starving for a very long time, and when something draws Piper to him, he can't help but take what he needs from her.

Ke
Lori Strongin
Nov 21, 2011 rated it really liked it
It's always a joy to read Barbara Elsborg's books, because her characters are that perfect blend of inviting and dangerous.

Piper's memory loss issues are such a unique trait for a main character. But rather than getting bogged down in a bunch of backstory and infodumping, Barbara shows her mastery of her craft by navigating both her MC and her readers through the scenes with delicious teases of information--just enough to keep us guessing, and more than enough to hook us all the way through.

And
MK
Jan 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
The questions that I ask on my review on the fourth book is answered. The supposed to be super climax of the story is cut-off and boring. Miss Elsborg likes her characters to have a last night when they think that it is the end for them, just like Worlds Apart. The only loophole that I have noticed is how does Piper get her notebook when it is described earlier that she doesn't have it with her when she is caught by Oz (Maybe I just hadn't read that part). The scenes are titillating but not over ...more
MT
Aug 01, 2010 rated it really liked it
I have this on my to-read list because I haven't read it cover to cover, but I read a lot of it while formatting it before it was released. Barbara finally gives Rhyl his story and matches him with Keir, a shape-shifter forced to fight to the death in the ring to gain his freedom, and Piper, a tattoo artist with an undeniable artistic talent and a form of amnesia that makes her forget almost everything once she falls asleep. It's a fascinating premise that unfolds into a very satisfactory additi ...more
Missyb
Mar 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
Very funny, new characters again, but more tie in quicker to the other books. Piper is funny, and she fits well with Keir (Puma)& Rhyl (vampire), but takes a while to warm up to them all. Good mystery as to who's good or bad or both. Feels like a few stories going on, but most of them intertwine with each other.
Julianna
Nov 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
Loved the interesting things that Barbara thinks up! Really liked this one, the story was good and i really liked the characters. Wasn't a huge fan of Oz and the blow jobs/sex scenes that Keir had with him but otherwise really liked the story. Would have loved a little more at the end to wrap up the rest of the stories a little bit more but otherwise no complaints.
Alarna Martin
May 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Not as good as some of the others but still great. I liked the epilogue. :)
Arlene Webb
May 27, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Awesome plot with unforgetable characters such as Keir. This is a book to treasure and read again and again.
Tesalin
Oct 23, 2012
Rupinder
May 09, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Genetic Attraction (Genetic Attraction, #2)
  • Guilty as Sin (Phoenix Rising, #4)
  • Asylum (Sanctuary, #2)
  • The Ex Files
  • Satyr's Myst (Satyr's Myst #3)
  • Fourth and Long
  • Threefold
  • Different Strokes
  • The Wanderer (Wasteland, #1)
  • The Broken Triangle (The Square Peg, #2)
  • Dead Moon Rising
  • Missing Linc
  • Summer's Caress (Wolf’s Heritage, #2)
  • The Whore (Wasteland, #2)
  • Genius and the Jock (Men of Holsum College, #7)
  • Taming Her Wolf
  • The Priestess (Wasteland, #4)
  • The Star Man
Barbara Elsborg lives in Kent in the south of England. She always wanted to be a spy, but having confessed to everyone without them even resorting to torture, she decided it was not for her. Vulcanology scorched her feet. A morbid fear of sharks put paid to marine biology. So instead, she spent several years successfully selling cyanide.

After dragging up two rotten, ungrateful children and frustra
More about Barbara Elsborg...

Trueblood (5 books)
  • The Consolation Prize (Trueblood, #1)
  • Falling for You (Trueblood, #2)
  • Lightning in a Bottle (Trueblood, #3)
  • The Misfits (Trueblood #4)
“The power that was your father's." He looked at her bewildered face. "To get it, I need to take you away."
"Where to?"
"A vacation to somewhere warm and cozy."
"Florida?"
"Nearly. Hell."
Piper glared.
He shrugged. "I don't know why people are so down on hell. It never rains; it's always hot; you can get a nice tan; there's plenty to do.....”
2 likes