Start by marking “Reno's Chance (Tempting SEALs, #1)” as Want to Read:
Reno's Chance (Tempting SEALs, #1)

Reno's Chance

(Tempting SEALs #1)

Reno's Chance- never before released as a standalone novella! Previously published in the anthology Honk If You Love Real Men.

Published August 24th 2010 by St. Martin's Griffin (first published June 1st 2005)

Start your review of Reno's Chance (Tempting SEALs, #1)
Wendy'sThoughts
May 13, 2014 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Lori Leigh Fans, Romance
3 to 3.5 Hot Alpha Barking For His Woman Stars
* * * 1/2
Lori Leigh doesn't mess around. She is a "what you see... what you need... is what you get" author. You want hot, dominant, Alpha Navy Seal... she's got it. You want a girl who has been pining for him since she was 17... she has that, too. You want him to have always known this girl was his... always known he would claim her... yup...Lori has that for you and more. Because Lori Leigh has all of these elements down to a science.

We have a bi
Didi
****** 3 to 3.5 Stars ******

Short, sexy and sweet. Not enough time to get to know the characters or their history, but nonetheless it was good! I read another book by this lovely author called The One, which had a little more angst and build up therefore making me love it more. One things for sure, Lora Leigh can sure write smexy time well!
Elle
4 stars!!

Well, this is a novella. But... I. DO. NOT. HAVE. REGRET!!!
I chose to love the sex.
The story is mediocre. It's about our heroine, Raven is secretly admire her best friend' brother. Hmm... It turns out the hero, Reno is fuckable enough and in a few years later, both of them lusting each other. BAM!

*cough*
I'm not sorry. Yes he is. And, thanks to my friend for her picture about who should be playing to be our Reno. No shit i got so wet. LOL

So i'm enjoying the sexy side. Not quite the story
Jan 26, 2011 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: fans of erotic romance
Recommended to Laura by: Goodreads
This was a quick little read for me, and from what I understand the first in Lora Leigh's Navy Seals stories. I have heard some wonderful things about this series, and since I am OCD, I had to read number one first. It was pretty good, although there was really a lack of plot and setting, there was a TON of sex in it. So if you like reading about sex, sex, and more of it, well this one's right up your alley! Moving on to Dangerous Games shortly! ...more
Ivy H
I read this a long time ago. It was a sexy little novella filled with angst because the heroine is afraid to love the H because he's Navy SEAL like her dad and her brother. She had seen the emotional agony her mother had suffered everytime the dad was off on a mission. The mom had become an emotional wreck and an alcoholic and then was eventually destroyed after the dad was killed in combat. The heroine Raven has the hots for the H Reno but wants to protect her heart from the same kind of pain h ...more
Patricia
May 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I'm a big fan of Lora Leigh and I've read time and time some of her books.
She always manages to capture my attention and hook me in with a romance or a plot that twists up my imagination.
Her male characters are always alpha and big, brooding, delicious, and I could be here all night writing adjectives and not get tired of it.
On the other hand, her female characters are sexy, strong, and always driving the male species out of their mind.
What I most like about her romance is the intense feelings t
Starry
May 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
Jill
This was a delicious little snippet of erotic romantic fun! I haven't looked to far ahead but I think this is the beginning of a series, maybe? Anyway who doesn't love Navy Seal boys.
I am looking forward to more, especially because this was just a novella, so literally just whet my appetite.
Reno and Ravens story was very sweet, with the whole, known each other and being drawn to each other all there lives thing.
I loved that Reno deliberately waited for Raven because of the age difference, and by
Mollie *scoutrmom*
Aug 25, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of the series
Pages of Hot sex, then pages of hotter sex, a few paragraphs of conversation, more sex, kinky sex, then sex.

I guess that about sums up the whole story. There was a very poor excuse of a plot. There was a very poor excuse of a setting. The characters had deep motivations that the author shared with us, but there was no emotional character growth on the hero's part, and about a paragraph of it for the heroine.

Top it off with poor editing, and I wonder why these have been a must-buy for me.

Refer ba
figuranta❤️addicted❤️to❤️books❤️
4 Stars

This is my first read from Lora Leigh and i liked it. Not as spicy as i thought will be but this book was a good read.
Andrea
Jan 05, 2015 rated it did not like it
Malinda
4 stars

This was a very good story. The story was hot and sweet and I liked Reno and Raven.

Raven has been in love with Reno since she was a kid. He's her best friend's big brother and her big brother's best friend. She's aware that he wants he but tries to push him away because he's a Navy SEAL. Her father was in the armed forces and it caused issues between him and her mother and he ended up dying in the line of duty. Because of this she's determined she can't get involved with Reno.

Reno let Rav
Chella
Raven has been craving Morganna's brother Reno, since she was little. The chance to be with him was never an option due to their age difference and Reno only seeing Raven as his little sisters best friend. Now, they're both adults and Renos back home from duty and neither have attachments to anyone else.

Alright, this is the 2nd book I've read by this author and I must say from what I've read so far, not a fan. I'm giving it 2 stars and it's only because of the naughtiness the book entails, which
Willow Brook
Not much of a story amidst all the sex. Raven (another of LL's kinky virgins) has loved Reno all her life, but struggles to accept that he is a Seal who lives a life of danger. After waiting years for Raven to mature (shoulda waited several years longer based on her behavior in the story), Reno has decided to stake his claim. Not much of either's actions makes a whole lot of sense. After a bunch of sex scenes, there are a couple of fast forwards in the relationship and the kids are happily ever ...more
Deborah Mcnemar
Jul 20, 2012 rated it liked it
This is a short that comes before the Navy SEAL's series. From the first, I've wanted Reno and Raven's story and here it is.

More hot than story but enough character to keep me reading. I do wish there was more to it since both characters play so heavy in the novels that follow. One thing Leigh does well is erotica and this certianly doesn't disappoint in that area. If you want to read hot sex, this is a great story for it. If you want a good love story, this isn't it. There isn't enough story to
Lesley Book Lover
I love Lora Leighs Navy Seals books, but this is just a novella, which I am not a huge fan of, but I have always wanted to know Reno and Ravens story, and got this cheap. I just felt as though I was getting into their story, when it was over, but that is novellas for you, give me a thicker book any day. I did enjoy their story though, but am only giving it three stars, as there was no real drama to it.
Lyndi W.
Dec 01, 2011 rated it it was ok
Aside from the sex scenes, this entire book consists of Raven attempting to convince herself that she can't/shouldn't be with the man she loves. The fact that he loves her back and pursues her mercilessly doesn't matter, she really feels the need to torture them both anyway. ...more
Anne
Apr 14, 2011 rated it liked it
Loved it! Yes its pretty much all sex but its LL! She knows how to write good sex! Definitely a story not to be missed if you like Lora Leigh.
Crystal~BIG book addict~
Apr 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebooks
It was short but it was hot!

deecee
Sep 12, 2012 rated it really liked it
I loved Reno! He's the kind of guy that makes a gal sigh...you know, like awwww. And also like OH! Good short read - classic Lora Leigh. ...more
Annelise
Apr 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
I love Lora's series'.
Reno is so he-man.
Only on word to describe this book.... H-O-T.......
Anne Marie
Apr 05, 2018 rated it did not like it
I was debating on giving one or two stars. But I have to say this story wasn’t even a story... no plot, the main characters of Reno Chavez navy Seal, and Raven were a joke. We’re given very little background on them...they grew up together? Raven is best friends with Reno’s sister Morganna. Other than that, I foresee this relationship doomed and not lasting since they only have one thing in common.
*This is the first book of Tempting Seals Series. Only going to read those books from the series I
Heather
Feb 06, 2018 rated it liked it
Ever since she was a little girl, Raven McIntire has secretly pined and longed for her best friend's sexy older brother, Reno, a Navy SEAL who has just returned home from duty. What she doesn't realize is that his only true mission is to get into her heart and get her into his bed.
This was a very fast read. It read more like a novella than a full story, still it was good and hot. Just what I needed when struggling with teenage angst (in another book).
Samantha
Jun 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Renos chance is a sort novella that gets right to the point. Raven and Reno have loved each other in one form or another forever. However as she got older and witnessed what her family and so many others have gone through...protecting her heart is for the best.

Reno has other plans for her. He will do whatever it takes to make her his and will stop at nothing to make her his. It was good and hot and fun to read.
PepperP0t
This short was actually read in Taken

He's two things she doesn't want...a career military man and her best friend's brother.

3.35stars
CB
Jun 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-f, paperback
Sexy! Each book is following a formula but Lora Leigh writes each character so uniquely they are all very entertaining and HOT HOT HOT with intriguing stories that have you rooting for all the MC's all the way through, plus the stories build on each other and that just makes them even more engaging. ...more
Jamoz23
Feb 10, 2020 rated it liked it
Read in HONK IF YOU LOVE REAL MEN.
Enjoyable short read with no real background or getting to know these characters.
Lots of sex which is not surprising with this author but I did love the puppy present.
I did enjoy this short story and found the proposal side cute and funny.
I have read and reviewed this book before but reviews are missing.
TinaMarie
May 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Madame Smarty
Jan 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it - exactly what I wanted. My only 👎🏼 is it all went confusing at the end with the proposal/s. IMO that part wasn’t quite written well and could have had some more detail. But great job, can’t wait to read the next one!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Trace of Fever (Men Who Walk the Edge of Honor, #2)
  • When You Dare (Men Who Walk the Edge of Honor, #1)
  • In Rides Trouble (Black Knights Inc., #2)
  • Dimitri (Her Russian Protector, #2)
  • Wild Ride (Black Knights Inc., #9)
  • Born Wild (Black Knights Inc., #5)
  • Full Throttle (Black Knights Inc., #7)
  • Too Hard to Handle (Black Knights Inc., #8)
  • Possessing Liberty (Claimed, #1)
  • Second Chance Holiday (Until, #4.5)
  • Make Me Stay (Hope, #5)
  • Hope Burns (Hope, #3)
  • Love After All (Hope, #4)
  • The Greek Tycoon's Defiant Bride (The Rich, the Ruthless and the Really Handsome, #2)
  • Teaching Rowan (Claimed, #2)
  • Hope Ignites (Hope, #2)
  • Ivan (Her Russian Protector, #1)
  • Hold You (Love on the Clock, #2)
Lora Leigh lives in the rolling hills of Kentucky, often found absorbing the ambience of this peaceful setting. She dreams in bright, vivid images of the characters intent on taking over her writing life, and fights a constant battle to put them on the hard drive of her computer before they can disappear as fast as they appeared. Lora’s family, and her writing life co-exist, if not in harmony, in ...more

Tempting SEALs (5 books)
  • Dangerous Games (Tempting SEALs, #2)
  • For Maggie's Sake (Tempting SEALs #3)
  • Hidden Agendas (Tempting SEALs, #4)
  • Killer Secrets (Tempting SEALs,  #5)
  • Atlanta Heat (Tempting SEALs #6)