Start by marking “The Trouble with Tomboys (Tommy Creek, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Trouble with Tomboys (Tommy Creek, #1)

The Trouble with Tomboys

(Tommy Creek #1)

THE TOMBOY

Pilot B.J. Gilmore is Tommy Creek, Texas’s tough tomboy who loves to fly planes and gamble and doesn’t give a whip what anyone thinks or says about her…until Grady Rawlings steps into her life.

PLUS THE WIDOWER

Heir to an oil dynasty, Grady has inner demons to battle. Ever since his wife and unborn child died two and a half years ago, he’s developed a deep-seated
Published July 1st 2010 by Wild Rose Press

To ask other readers questions about The Trouble with Tomboys, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Trouble with Tomboys

Jennifer Kyle
Jul 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Stars

"It was the biggest gamble she'd ever taken."

description

To be honest, I found the heroine too rude and outspoken in the beginning, but I quickly warmed up to B.J. Gilmore. B.J. is pilot along with her brothers and father for their family plane service. B.J. doesn’t do dresses, make up, she’s content playing poker, watching NASCAR and flying planes.

When widower Grady Rawlings asks for a flight to Houston B.J. gets to spend some time with her childhood crush. You see, his deceased wife was her ch
Geri Reads
Jun 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars!

One of the three books which made me into a Linda Kage fan. The other two, if you guys want to know, would be Stillburrow Crush and Delinquent Daddy.
Saly
Leslie
Feb 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites, steamy, romance
B.J. Gilmore lives in a small town in Texas and is a tough, poker-playing, rough-around-the-edges, true life "tomboy." It's rumored that if she'd lose the mechanic clothes she wears on a daily basis, she'd be a damn fine looking woman. Along with her three brothers, B.J. is also a cessna pilot, working various flight rounds for her father's family owned business.

Enter, Grady Rawlings: a tall, handsome, wealthy and still grieving widower of the past two and a half years. Grady can't or maybe "wo
Stormy
Feb 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-loves
GOODNESS GRACIOUS!
This is just one of those happily
ever after stories that leave you
giddy and teary eyed.

Booklover
LOVED IT!!!!!Adored BJ so much,she is the heart n soul of the book,really liked the fact she never changed and how slowly she realizes she also has feminine side lol.Adored Grady though he took his time coming to his senses but he came,the fact that he did'nt want BJ to change ,loved her as she is made me forgive him for being a jerk in the start.Loved each n every character,the story progressed well.Enjoyed this one very much.

This is a must read for the readers.
Recommend it.
♥ WishfulMiss ♥
This one was not for me. Not safe. Too much mention of his dead wife. He thought about her, talked about (and to) her and still actively loved her.

I was never convinced that BJ ever came anything but second best in Grady's heart. I was a bit torn about how to rate this one because there were parts I really liked, moments that were heart felt and special, between just the two MCs but they were too far between in coming. It seemed every time they shared something or felt something that bonded them
AJ
Mar 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romantic, steamy
3.5 stars for this great little read!

Living in small town Texas, BJ is the local tomboy. Working as a pilot in her family’s business, she is confident and outspoken and lives her life not caring what people think about her.

Oil heir Grady has never recovered from the death of his wife and unborn child two and a half years previously, and does little to conceal his pain. Despising the piteous looks that he still gets from the locals around town, he lives a solitary life, stuck in the past unable t
Jacqueline J
Totally enjoyed this contemporary romance. It was bright and sweet and totally hit the spot. The heroine is a tomboy from a kind of lower class family and the hero is the widower of her old babysitter and the son of the local important rich family. The heroine was rough around the edges and feisty in a totally good way. She spoke her mind and went after what she wanted but she had vulnerabilities also. The hero was a man who had married his high school sweetheart and had never been with anyone e ...more
Tessamari ♥Many Waters...♥ ~ Sweet Spot Book Blog
4.5 Stars

Nothing tugs at the heart than reading about a broken down man finding that special someone who brings life back into his soul. I really love stories like that and this was definitely one of those types of stories. This story was a little unique in that our heroine wasn't your typical girly-girl. B.J. is first and foremost a tomboy. She doesn't wear dresses, she works in a profession dominated by men, speaks her mind and has a very strong spirit. However, she's always has had a soft spo
Margo
Aug 22, 2018 rated it did not like it
Sets feminism back a few thousand years. I wasn't aware that tomboy was synonymous with "inadequately feminine, self-loathing woman."
Preeti ♥︎ (Romance She Reads)
Generally I don’t go for chick lit and prefer the more traditional HP romance. But this was a fun read even with its somewhat untraditional writing.

BJ is not a h I would generally like to read about- loud, brash, gum chewing, cigar chomping, poker playing, cussing, sleeping around (occasionally) badass. But she is also so much more- warm, passionate, intensely loving, loyal, strong, caring, innocent in her own way, lonely and so deserving of love. Her innate sweetness and goodness just shines th
Anesha †Curious & Obsessive Bookworm†
I love this book! :D
Mi gusta!!
Mi amore!!

*__*

Nothing beats opposite attracts...NOTHING is more hot when the guy is so freakin' sexy but has this innoence about him *wipes drools*

Love a girl with a strong back bone - who doesn't back down and says whats on her mind when people gets too fresh.

B.J is one who doesn't think before speaking and I LOVE IT.

Their hotel bumping and grinding was amazing and I love that natural comanding way of Grady <3

Love how intrigue he was to taste her and watch her
Pattrycia
Aug 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
Stayed up all night trying to finish this tear-jerking, gut-wrenching story of Grady's & BJ's lives. Marriage of convenience + pregnant heroine + troubled hero is just the perfect combination for me. Completed with a great epilogue, what more could I ask for from this book. I love it to bits.
Lala_Loopsie [fire breathing B!tch Queen]
This book is actually better than i expected, that should say a lot. The characters were just so much more different than in my head.
Ms Fine
Jun 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
I like the relationship between Tucker and Grady.. A father would do anything to make his child smile again..
Kaycee ❤️

It was such an enjoyable read! It was sweet, steamy, heart-clenching, and funny. Totally hit the spot! This book was just what I needed since I've been working overtime! Can't wait to read more from Ms. Linda Kage!
dumbells
May 26, 2014 rated it did not like it
Heather andrews
Jul 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Can I just say how much I love this cover, well the hot guy on the cover. This book is a light hearted read and it was fun to read as well B.J (yes that's her name) she's someone you can't help but fall in love with, "well, I can't, okay. Frankly, I'm worried about you. I mean, Jesus, Slim. This is not healthy. Mean have to have sex. I grew up with four guys. I know. They can't function without it. You just need to find some anonymous woman and get yourself laid, man." See she gives out great ad ...more
Nishtha
Jan 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I POSTED A REVIEW FOR THIS BOOK A FEW MONTHS BACK, AND NOW I CAN'T SEE IT, WOW!!!

I have read this book SEVEN TIMES, UHH, yeah you read it correctly, I am obsessed with this book plus author in a completely nerdy way.

B.J. was my definition of badass, I freaking adored her.

THIS IS MY FAVOURITE BOOK SINCE AN YEAR AND I LOVE IT TOO MUCH TO SHARE THE PLOT, kidding, I love it but I am TOO lazy to write the review again but I will post another soon.
Hala
Mar 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Again an extremely short book that left me craving for more 💔
_yay_
Jun 29, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Tomboy B.J. Gilmore's greatest love is flying. She's a pilot and can swear like a sailor.
Everyone in Tommy Creek knows that Grady Rawlings, the heir to an oil dynasty, lost his wife and son a few years ago. She died giving birth to their baby. Neither survived. Grady doesn't deal well with people pitying him and has become somewhat of a recluse. When he hires Gilmore's plane service the last thing he expected is to be seduced by his gum-chewing, aviator-wearing pilot. The one night they spend to
Shelly
Feb 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
You know when you find an author whose stories just click with you? That’s the way I feel about Kage’s work. After reading her other story about this family, I literally couldn’t wait to find out more. Finding ‘The Trouble with Tomboys’ was much more than what I thought it would be. The dialogue and character development is strong and moves the story along very well.

Considering that I read the follow up (A Fallow Heart) to this story first, I was very, very curious how Kage made it work. I'll t
Morgan
Feb 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS AT READING, EATING & DREAMING

The Trouble with Tomboys by Linda Kage was OUTSTANDING. It was hilarious, heartfelt, and touching. This book had me laughing and crying at the same time. Sometimes I was laughing so hard I'd cry. Other times I was bawling my eyes only to start cracking up seconds later. It was a wonderful emotional rollercoaster ride.

I loved the two main characters, B.J. the tomboy and Grady the widower. Ms. Kage did a fabulous job showcasing Grad
Ashlynn
Feb 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED this book. The country background was just hitting home for me. I related to that a lot. The relationship was very push/pull and I'm sitting there yelling at the characters to get their crap together. The spark was there but they both didn't want to admit it. I got furious with some of the characters because of how they acted but at the same time I understood their pov. The characters were questioning each other a lot but in the end it all worked out. I was laughing and crying and just i ...more
Delitealex

B.J. Gilmore runs a plane service for cargo and passengers with her father and brothers. They live in small town Tommy Creek in Texas. I liked B.J.'s attitude and how she loved to fly. She and Grady, a widower stay overnight in Houston after trip he must take for work. B.J. tries to help him out of his depression and shake him up a little bit. Things heat up fast and they are left with the aftermath. Grady and B.J. had great chemistry together.
Amanda S.
Dec 16, 2013 rated it liked it
This book is good but not exactly my favorite. The author's style of writing just this close to be as good as Harlequin's dramatic plot, but she needs more push.

I enjoyed the book, but I don't really like Grady. Sure he's having a hard time letting go and it made B. J. suffer. But overall, it was an okay book to me.
Olga
Super fast read. Also fluffy, silly and your typical romance, but by God did I love it! Great style and writing, interesting and captivating story, amazing and tough heroine, and to top it all off, swoon-worthy hero. Love, love, love.
Melissa
I actually liked the book. I wasn't so sure I would starting out, but about half way it picked up and I couldn't put it down.

ines M
May 24, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this book. It's about romance, but showing a different approach from the usual. It's funny and easy to read.
Not Just Young Adult: Leslie's "The Trouble with Tomboys" Review 1 9 Apr 27, 2012 07:28AM
  • The Fourth Child (Family Matters #3)
  • What Mattered Most
  • Marriage by Necessity (Bravo Family, #2) (Conveniently Yours, #2)
  • What Price Paradise
  • A Marine for Christmas
  • Passionate Bid (Blue-Eyed Four, #1)
  • The Greek Billionaire's Love Child
  • One Night, One Baby
  • Naked Edge
  • Black Ties and Lullabies (Playboys, #3)
  • House of Mirrors
  • Jocelyn's Choice
  • The Failed Marriage
  • Cold Night, Warm Stranger
  • Protecting the Pregnant Witness  (The Precinct: SWAT #3; The Precinct #15)
  • Silver Lining
  • The Wedding Charade
  • Kiss Me
Linda writes romance fiction from YA to adult, contemporary to fantasy. Most Kage stories lean more toward the lighter, sillier side with a couple meaningful moments thrown in. Focuses more on entertainment value and emotional impact.

Published since 2010. Went through a 2-year writing correspondence class in children’s literature from The Institute of Children’s Literature. Then graduated with Bac

Tommy Creek (2 books)
  • A Fallow Heart (Tommy Creek, #2)
“God, what was wrong with her? This poor man had lost his wife and child, and she could only wonder what he looked like naked?
How sick was that?
And what did he look like naked?”
2 likes
“You’re the rest of my life, and I love you with everything I have. Baby or no baby … I love you.
Now, I just want to be with you.”
1 likes