Start by marking “All I Want for Christmas” as Want to Read:
All I Want for Christmas

All I Want for Christmas

Twelve days and counting...

It's Bea's first Christmas with her baby son, and this year she's determined to do everything right. But there is still so much to do: the Christmas menu needs refining; her café, The Honey Pot, needs decorating; and she's invited the whole neighbourhood to a party on Christmas Day. She really doesn't have time to get involved in two new people's
Published November 25th 2010 by Arrow

To ask other readers questions about All I Want for Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about All I Want for Christmas

Start your review of All I Want for Christmas
Claire Robinson
Jan 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christmas
As good now, as it was when I originally read it four years ago.
Emer (A Little Haze)
Aww I feel all warm and fuzzy inside after reading this. It was a lovely Christmassy story.

The book follows the stories of three women whose lives cross paths in the two weeks leading up to Christmas. Bea is the owner of an Italian café and delicatessen who is trying to move on from her tragic past. Olivia has just gotten engaged to her boyfriend and is experiencing some pre-wedding jitters. And Chloe is a seemingly successful lawyer who has been having an affair with a married man and is rather
Love Fool
Jan 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Christmas is a magical time, and in the fragrant atmosphere of The Honey Pot, anything can happen: new friends can be made, hearts can heal, and romance can finally blossom..

I discovered a new author. Amy Silver brought romance and friendship in one book without it being too corny, and the book actually had Christmas spirit! The Honey Pot sounds like a place I would go to in NYC and it warmed my heart even more.

The women are so different which was nice to read separate stories and yet have them
Suze Lavender
Dec 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Bea is the owner of The Honey Pot, a café that’s doing really well. It will be her first Christmas with her son and she’s going to try to make it a good one. At work she meets a lot of people, but she is closest to Sam, her neighbor. He’s a good friend and great company. She meets Olivia because of a small incident and they are getting along well. The same can’t be said for Chloe who isn’t very kind to them. She’s also having a relationship with a married man and Bea doesn’t approve of it at all ...more
The Book Whisperer (aka Boof)
I absolutely adored this book. What a fun, heart-warming tale to warm the cockles at Christmas. I thought the cover was gorgeous too – snow and twinkly lights and a cosy deli called The Honey Pot – I just wanted to step straight into the cover of the book.

All I Want for Christmas is about three women in their 30′s: Bea who owns The Honey Pot which is renowned for it’s scrumptious Italian food (she bought it with her Italian husband Mario, who is no longer on the scene) and she lives there with h
Ali Bookworm
Nov 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was a really lovely cosy Christmas read. It's set in the run up to Christmas Day based at the Honeypot cafe where 3 girls become 3 friends. It had everything from humour to sadness but I really enjoyed it and thoroughly recommend it should be on your festive reading list. ...more
Lenita
Oct 13, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction
Loved this book! Interesting read.
Beverley Watkins
Dec 24, 2020 rated it it was ok
Not actually christmassy but lovely little quick read
Shaz Goodwin
Dec 22, 2011 rated it liked it
I was feeling the need to have some Christmas cheer and while looking on my bookshelves found All I Want For Christmas … which had been a gift last year and had remained there waiting for me to re-discover it!

We start to get involved in Bea, Olivia and Chloe’s lives from 14th December. The scene is set in The Honeypot – we get to know Bea, a little about her customers and the fact that there is something troubling her. Chloe is a business woman and is one of the demanding customers waiting in a
Emma
May 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
This was incredibly sweet without being saccharose stomach-turning.
The three main characters and what they're going through are much more believable than in your average Christmas chick lit. I mean, there's nothing I couldn't see happening possibly maybe to someone I know (I'm not telling you it's a realistic sorry either, but who wants a Christmas chick lit to be realistic, uh?).

Bonus points:
- if you're a foodie, Bea (the narrator, more or less) keeps reciting mouth-watering Italian recipes as
Kay Cugini
May 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I read this book every Christmas, it is such a feel good, festive book with diverse characters, it's warm and fuzzy and makes me want candy canes and snow, one of my favourite Christmas reads along with Calling Mrs Christmas and I Heart Christmas, both of which I will be rereading shortly x ...more
Marjorie
Dec 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a strangely dispiriting read when compared to much of the Christmas fare published in this genre. It is my first festive read of the 2018 season and, to be honest, I couldn't have picked a better one to start with. Set against the forced jollity peddled to us on the television this is the story of 3 women who each have their own problems to deal with this Christmastime and sees them face up to them admirably.

This is my second Amy Silver book and what stands out for me is the realism and
Medha Chaudhary
Dec 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
It's the perfect book to read on Christmas while tucked under the blanket with some snacks. It is not unrealistically miraculous and no mysterious lady comes and fixes everything in the end. The characters are diverse and real, and deal with their problems in the most natural ways. Overall, it leaves you warm and happy, which is exactly how one must feel during Christmas. Would definitely recommend! ...more
Louise Griffiths
Nov 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this read. It had me gripped right from the start and despite being written from three different perspectives, the book flowed brilliantly.

I loved the characters and how their friendship progressed through the story, it really was a fab book. My first Amy Silver read and will definitely be reading the other books written by her.

I would have liked to have seen a follow on book to this to see how the three main characters lives progressed as they found their happiness.
Subhajit Das
Dec 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
The title of the book is attracting and the front cover of the book is catchy and justified according to the story. The plot of the story is hooking and captivating narrating style never lacked the grip of the story till the end anywhere. A perfectly compact and satisfying read for me. Would love to recommend this one for sure.
Debbie Hall
Sep 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Another lovely Christmas re-read in which Bea, Olivia and Amy meet in Bea's cafe and become unlikely friends. I loved the festive atmosphere in this book as well as the lovely description of yummy food which made me want to sit in the Honey Pot and feast on Italian delicacies and cakes. A delicious festive book about friendship, love and food ...more
Emma Harvey
Dec 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
A lovely Christmas book, that not only makes you smile but also touches on issues like family arguments, loneliness and lost loved ones. I was keen to find out what happened to Bea, Chloe and Olivia, and I was hooked from the first few chapters! Definitely an uplifting Christmas read.
Amanda Enders
Dec 04, 2017 rated it liked it
Pretty predictable but it was a quick read with steady pacing. I enjoyed it.
Sarah Johnston
Dec 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction, romance
All I Want For Christmas is a relaxing, festive holiday read. Just the sort of light reading to relax in to in the days leading up to Christmas.

Anne
Dec 14, 2018 rated it liked it
Christmas fun
Alanna Fowler
Dec 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
It’s a cute easy read for Christmas
Tacy Bennett
Dec 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
a real, warm-hearted chick flick!! one of my favourites and perfect to read around Christmas time! a festive treat all will enjoy, happy reading☺️
Lisa Grimble
Apr 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was a lovely light book , I really enjoyed it.
Sue
May 04, 2020 rated it liked it
A feel good book about friends
Helen
Nov 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved the book really enjoyed reading it although I have never read the author before would recommend it
Aashi
Dec 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020
I loved it, it was a warm Christmas read. Just felt like it slightly lacked the “spark”.
Blessy Karen
Dec 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The most heartwarming holiday read one could ever ask for. Thoroughly enjoyed it.
Michele Taylor
Dec 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved how this book was set out, showing three characters perspective on events leading up to Christmas.
Caroline Barker
Dec 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is a fab read for this time of year, not only due to the heart-warming and romantic storyline but also because of the layout, with each chapter being a date in December, beginning on the fourteenth and leading up to the big day!

It is written from Bea, Olivia and Chloe’s points of view and follows them through different times each day which really opens the characters up for the reader to get to know and enjoy.

For Bea, she wants to have her first Christmas with her young son. She has been th
Dannielle Potts
Dec 17, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017
A Perfect Setting For A Story, The Honey Pot Cafe; A Great Place For People To Meet And Stories To Unfold. I Warmed To The Characters And Loved How The Author Didn’t Give Us The Obvious Storylines.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Twelve Days of Christmas
  • The Winter Garden
  • I Wish It Could Be Christmas Every Day
  • Christmas for Beginners
  • The Twelve Dates of Christmas - The Complete Novel
  • From Notting Hill with Love... Actually (Actually, #1)
  • The Christmas Wish List
  • Christmas Wishes
  • One Christmas Kiss in Notting Hill
  • The Night Before Christmas
  • Rachel’s Pudding Pantry
  • The Little Christmas Shop on Nutcracker Lane
  • How the Penguins Saved Veronica
  • The Little Christmas Kitchen
  • Hiding Hurricanes (Fletcher University #3)
  • The Heatwave
  • Fifty-Fifty (Eddie Flynn #5)
  • A Gift from the Comfort Food Café (Comfort Food Cafe, #5)
Amy Silver is the pen name of Paula Hawkins, a writer and freelance journalist who has written on everything from the diamond trade to DIY dog grooming. She lives in London and has a penchant for vintage clothes and champagne cocktails, but she always pays her credit card bills on time.

Paula Hawkins has just published the new suspense sensation "The Girl on the Train" under her own name.