Start by marking “All I Want for Christmas” as Want to Read:
All I Want for Christmas

All I Want for Christmas

Twelve days and counting...

Published November 25th 2010 by Arrow

To ask other readers questions about All I Want for Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about All I Want for Christmas

Claire Robinson
Jan 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christmas
As good now, as it was when I originally read it four years ago.
Emer
Aww I feel all warm and fuzzy inside after reading this. It was a lovely Christmassy story.

The book follows the stories of three women whose lives cross paths in the two weeks leading up to Christmas. Bea is the owner of an Italian café and delicatessen who is trying to move on from her tragic past. Olivia has just gotten engaged to her boyfriend and is experiencing some pre-wedding jitters. And Chloe is a seemingly successful lawyer who has been having an affair with a married man and is rather
Love Fool
Jan 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Christmas is a magical time, and in the fragrant atmosphere of The Honey Pot, anything can happen: new friends can be made, hearts can heal, and romance can finally blossom..

I discovered a new author. Amy Silver brought romance and friendship in one book without it being too corny, and the book actually had Christmas spirit! The Honey Pot sounds like a place I would go to in NYC and it warmed my heart even more.

The women are so different which was nice to read separate stories and yet have them
Suze Lavender
Dec 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Bea is the owner of The Honey Pot, a café that’s doing really well. It will be her first Christmas with her son and she’s going to try to make it a good one. At work she meets a lot of people, but she is closest to Sam, her neighbor. He’s a good friend and great company. She meets Olivia because of a small incident and they are getting along well. The same can’t be said for Chloe who isn’t very kind to them. She’s also having a relationship with a married man and Bea doesn’t approve of it at all ...more
The Book Whisperer (aka Boof)
I absolutely adored this book. What a fun, heart-warming tale to warm the cockles at Christmas. I thought the cover was gorgeous too – snow and twinkly lights and a cosy deli called The Honey Pot – I just wanted to step straight into the cover of the book.

All I Want for Christmas is about three women in their 30′s: Bea who owns The Honey Pot which is renowned for it’s scrumptious Italian food (she bought it with her Italian husband Mario, who is no longer on the scene) and she lives there with h
Ali Bookworm
Nov 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was a really lovely cosy Christmas read. It's set in the run up to Christmas Day based at the Honeypot cafe where 3 girls become 3 friends. It had everything from humour to sadness but I really enjoyed it and thoroughly recommend it should be on your festive reading list.
Shaz Goodwin
Dec 22, 2011 rated it liked it
I was feeling the need to have some Christmas cheer and while looking on my bookshelves found All I Want For Christmas … which had been a gift last year and had remained there waiting for me to re-discover it!

We start to get involved in Bea, Olivia and Chloe’s lives from 14th December. The scene is set in The Honeypot – we get to know Bea, a little about her customers and the fact that there is something troubling her. Chloe is a business woman and is one of the demanding customers waiting in a
Emma
May 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
This was incredibly sweet without being saccharose stomach-turning.
The three main characters and what they're going through are much more believable than in your average Christmas chick lit. I mean, there's nothing I couldn't see happening possibly maybe to someone I know (I'm not telling you it's a realistic sorry either, but who wants a Christmas chick lit to be realistic, uh?).

Bonus points:
- if you're a foodie, Bea (the narrator, more or less) keeps reciting mouth-watering Italian recipes as
Marjorie
Dec 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a strangely dispiriting read when compared to much of the Christmas fare published in this genre. It is my first festive read of the 2018 season and, to be honest, I couldn't have picked a better one to start with. Set against the forced jollity peddled to us on the television this is the story of 3 women who each have their own problems to deal with this Christmastime and sees them face up to them admirably.

This is my second Amy Silver book and what stands out for me is the realism and
Medha Chaudhary
Dec 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
It's the perfect book to read on Christmas while tucked under the blanket with some snacks. It is not unrealistically miraculous and no mysterious lady comes and fixes everything in the end. The characters are diverse and real, and deal with their problems in the most natural ways. Overall, it leaves you warm and happy, which is exactly how one must feel during Christmas. Would definitely recommend!
Subhajit Das
Dec 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
The title of the book is attracting and the front cover of the book is catchy and justified according to the story. The plot of the story is hooking and captivating narrating style never lacked the grip of the story till the end anywhere. A perfectly compact and satisfying read for me. Would love to recommend this one for sure.
Anne
Dec 14, 2018 rated it liked it
Christmas fun
Alanna Fowler
Dec 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
It’s a cute easy read for Christmas
Amanda Enders
Dec 04, 2017 rated it liked it
Pretty predictable but it was a quick read with steady pacing. I enjoyed it.
Sarah Johnston
Dec 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, fiction
All I Want For Christmas is a relaxing, festive holiday read. Just the sort of light reading to relax in to in the days leading up to Christmas.

Caroline Barker
Dec 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is a fab read for this time of year, not only due to the heart-warming and romantic storyline but also because of the layout, with each chapter being a date in December, beginning on the fourteenth and leading up to the big day!

It is written from Bea, Olivia and Chloe’s points of view and follows them through different times each day which really opens the characters up for the reader to get to know and enjoy.

For Bea, she wants to have her first Christmas with her young son. She has been th
Dannielle Potts
Dec 17, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017
A Perfect Setting For A Story, The Honey Pot Cafe; A Great Place For People To Meet And Stories To Unfold. I Warmed To The Characters And Loved How The Author Didn’t Give Us The Obvious Storylines.
Cat Lewis
Nov 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Inhalt:
Bea ist 30 Jahre alt, hat einen 15 Monate alten Sohn und Besitzerin des bezaubernden Cafés “Honey Pot Café, italienische Feinkost und Café”. Seit ihr Mann nicht mehr da ist, geht es in ihrem Leben drunter und drüber und sie weiß nicht mehr so recht, wo ihr der Kopf steht.
Olivia arbeitet als Journalistin für Style! und bekommt von ihrer Chefin regelmäßig eins auf den Deckel, weil sie sich nicht von anderen vorschreiben lässt, was sie tun und zu lassen hat. Im Grunde führt sie ein gutes Leb
Katherine Forster
Jun 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Read after "Gone Girl"
Lainy
Dec 07, 2014 rated it liked it
Time taken to read - 6 days

Pages - 325

Blurb from Goodreads

Twelve days and counting...

It's Bea's first Christmas with her baby son, and this year she's determined to do everything right. But there is still so much to do: the Christmas menu needs refining; her café, The Honey Pot, needs decorating; and she's invited the whole neighbourhood to a party on Christmas Day. She really doesn't have time to get involved in two new people's lives, let alone fall in love...

When Olivia gets knocked over in
Hazel McNellis
Feb 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ich hab erst überlegen müssen, ob ich 4 oder 5 Sternchen vergeben möchte, aber ich glaube, 5 Sterne passen genau richtig. :)

Der Roman verknüpft durch das kapitelweise Wechseln der Perspektive ziemlich gelungen das Schicksal dreier Frauen. Bea, die ihren Mann verloren hat und nun mit dem Kind auf sich allein gestellt ist und das Honey Pot Café führt. Chloe, die von einer Affäre mit einem verheirateten Mann doch arg mitgenommen ist. Und Olivia, die mehr Geld als genug und eine funktionierende Bez
Serendipity Reviews
Jan 06, 2011 rated it really liked it
This was a delightful book set out in a diary format covering the two weeks leading up to Christmas. It follows the lives of three different women as they cope with the stresses and strains of Christmas. First up, you have Bea, the owner of the The Honey Pot, a local coffee shop / deli, who is determined to make this first Christmas for her son a happy one. Bea was widowed before her son was born and has been through a lot. She has struggled to come to terms with her loss as anyone would.

Then yo
Karen Whittard
Apr 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
Such a heartwarming book. Full of funny moments, sweet moments, sad moments and Christmas spirit. All I want for Christmas follows three woman with their lead up to Christmas. Bea owner of The Honey Pot is getting ready for Christmas with her baby son. Wanting everything to be right Bea struggles to juggle the cafe, Christmas planning ect especially when Bea has secrets of her own that are keeping her awake at night. Will she be able to come to terms with the past and enjoy the Christmas season? ...more
Fiona
Dec 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Three female character's take the lead, Bea owns a deli and is coping very well managing it while caring for her baby son, but where is her husband and how does she juggle cooking for the deli, working and caring for her son?
Olivia is a journalist, reporting on beauty products and is madly in love with her boyfriend Kieran, or is she?
Chloe is having an affair with a married man and between that and her job she really doesn't need anything else in her life...right?
It's the Christmas season and wh
Gemma Wilford
Dec 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
I read this as part of my 'read only Christmas themed books' in December agreement I had with myself.
I truly loved this book, especially how it was written in diary format. I related to the character's straight away and I loved how different they were from each other, yet they were all brought together and fit so perfecly into each other's lives.
Chloe is the most complex of them with her starting out as a bitch who you really despise (the first meeting Bea has with her I felt my blood boil on Be
Jacki (Julia Flyte)
Apr 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is a fun chicklit read set in the two weeks leading up to Christmas. It's about three women who are all struggling with particular issues in their lives. Bea runs a cafe called The Honey Pot, which she originally set up with her husband Marco. Now she's a single mother and this will be her first Christmas alone with her son. Bea gets to know two women who frequent her cafe. Olivia is recently engaged but is having doubts about whether she wants to get married to Kieran. Chloe is having an a ...more
Stephanie (Stepping out of the Page)
This book was enjoyable and a very easy read, but I can't help feeling a little disappointed. I quite enjoyed the way that it was written and how the three women's stories overlapped at the beginning though there was no need for it to be sectioned as only Bea's story was in first person. The story was pleasant and had a nice happy ending that I'd expected from this book - the book was predictable and there wasn't really any twists or turns but it was still enjoyable. The thing that most disappoi ...more
Nicola Clough
Nov 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I have read by this author and I really enjoyed it such an easy read with great characters and excellent story line. Based around three different people and the run up to Christmas you have Bea who owns an Italian cafe and it's her first Christmas with her son and her partner has died but can she find love again and will she be happy. Then you have Olivia who has just got engaged and his whole family are coming over from Ireland can she cope with them all and does she thin ...more
booksovo
Inhaltsangabe:
Weiße Weihnachten in London
Bea weiß nicht mehr, wo ihr der Kopf steht. Das erste Weihnachtsfest allein mit ihrem kleinen Sohn naht, in ihrem Café ist die Hölle los, und sie hat die ganze Nachbarschaft für den ersten Feiertag eingeladen. Eigentlich hat sie keine Zeit für neue Menschen in ihrem Leben, ganz zu schweigen von einer neuen Liebe. Doch Weihnachten ist die Zeit der Wunder, und in der duftenden Wärme des Honey Pot Cafés werden aus Fremden allmählich Freunde. Aber kann Bea
Elaine
Dec 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
My sister and mum have taken to reading Christmas books at that time of year and pass them on to me, so I'm starting to work my way through some of them.

I expected All I Want for Christmas to be a silly, cloying romance, but it's much better than that (otherwise I wouldn't have given it 5 stars). It's the story of three women whose lives become entwined. I liked all three of them and their stories.

The only thing I found peculiar is that Bea's story is written in the first person, whereas Olivia
  • Last Christmas
  • The Night Before Christmas
  • Winter Wonderland (LoveTravel #10)
  • Twelve Days of Christmas
  • The Perfect Present
  • Coming Home for Christmas
  • It Started With A Kiss
  • Twelve Days to Christmas
Amy Silver is the pen name of Paula Hawkins, a writer and freelance journalist who has written on everything from the diamond trade to DIY dog grooming. She lives in London and has a penchant for vintage clothes and champagne cocktails, but she always pays her credit card bills on time.

Paula Hawkins has just published the new suspense sensation "The Girl on the Train" under her own name.