Start by marking “Eternal Kiss of Darkness (Night Huntress World, #2)” as Want to Read:
Eternal Kiss of Darkness (Night Huntress World, #2)

Eternal Kiss of Darkness (Night Huntress World #2)

4.22  ·  Rating details ·  35,715 Ratings  ·  1,778 Reviews
8 Audio Cassettes / 10.5 hours (est.)

Chicago private investigator Kira Graceling should have just kept on walking. But her sense of duty refused to let her ignore the moans of pain coming from inside a warehouse just before dawn. Suddenly she finds herself in a world she's only imagined in her worst nightmares.

At the center is Mencheres, a breathtaking Master vampire who t
Audio Cassette, Unabridged - Library Ed, 11 pages
Published September 1st 2010 by Blackstone Audiobooks (first published July 27th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Eternal Kiss of Darkness, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Eternal Kiss of Darkness

Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession
5 Darkness Stars

*Spoilers*

"I love your scent," he almost growled. "I love it even more now that it's all over my body."-Mencheres

First read 2/26/2014 Reread 11/24/2015

"Dead or not, you must be bored with women telling you how you look like the hottest, most exotic wet dream they've ever had. No wonder the thought of you, grapes, and some scented massage oils crossed my mind - and if you drop that towel again, I'm going to need a cold shower."-Kira

photo 11785745_zpsao5fttux.gif

"Before this, you might have won our war without
Shawna
4 -5 stars – Vampire/Paranormal Romance

I’m a huge Night Huntress series fan, especially when it comes to my main luv Bones, and I loved yummy Spade’s story First Drop of Crimson. But I’ll admit that in the previous books, although I found Mencheres intriguing for sure, I didn’t really envision him as a leading romantic hero, mainly because I always pictured him in a sort of androgynous way. With his long hair, elegant, regal composure, aloof disposition, and eerie, massive powers, I’d previously
Auntee
Nov 25, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Paranormal/vampire fans
Before this book, I was not the biggest Mencheres fan--I could really take him or leave him, but after reading Eternal Kiss Of Darkness...oh wow, I really grew to love this dreamy, gentleman vampire! And the things we learn about him? Just amazing...

The book starts out with Mencheres's certainty that his time is growing short--he sees nothing but darkness in his future, with darkness equaling "death". He's not getting any more of his "visions" of the future, he can't deal with the guilt he feels
Alex is The Romance Fox
Eternal Kiss of Darkness by Jeaniene Frost, is the 2nd book in Night Huntress World duet, which is a spin-off from her best selling Night Huntress Series.

I have always found Mencheres, Egyptian pharaoh, master vampire, 4500 years old and Bone’s sire, a captivating and intriguing character throughout his appearances in the series and I was eager to read his story.
 photo 8da7549a147c8d4271517127827533c4_zpsbb322aa3.jpg
The story opens up with Kira Graceling a Chicago private investigator, coming to the rescue of Mencheres, whilst he’s being tortured
MelissaB
***4 1/2***

I really enjoyed this vampire romance, it kept my attention and was fun to read. For once, I really liked and admired the heroine. Kira was couragous, smart and actully thought things through before she acted. I like the way she understood Mencheres and stood up for him. I think Frost focused more on Kira's point of view in the story, sometimes I wanted more of Mencheres's thoughts and I wanted more of his background story. But I really enjoyed the views we were given of him and I lik
Erin ☕ *Proud Book Hoarder*

There was an appropriate modern word for his actions: “stalking.”

Continuing in the side stories that evolved from the Night Huntress series, Mencheres' book was frankly a let-down. The vampire has been "saved" by a courageous young women who can't resist the sounds of struggle from the warehouse. After he whisks her away to safety after some digging, the two eventually fall in love and bond.

Surprisingly Frost's writing style itself wasn't as up to par. I'm not sure if it's because of sh
Bark
3 stars.

Honestly the only reason I read this immediately following its lackluster (IMO) predecessor “First Drop of Crimson” was because it was the only unread audiobook left on my Ipod. Me riding home with only my thoughts for company is never a good thing.

Kira is a private investigator who hears a scuffle and walks in on a man on the brink of being slain by . . . ghouls. Not hoodlums dressed as ghouls but genuine, flesh-eating ghouls. Now if this were me I’d shriek like a girl and beat it but
Dorsey aka ❤️ Wrath Lover Reviews  ❤️
I originally read this book (but never reviewed) in 2011 and enjoyed it very much. I decided to revisit the Night Huntress World series just because I was missing these wonderful characters.

4.5 Sexy Master Vampire Stars!!!

We definitely get to see a different side to Master Vampire Mencheres!! This powerful vampire totally captivated me and captured my heart!! Mencheres is a very old and powerful vampire who has grown tired of this world and weary of life. But, fate has other plans for him.

Kira
Beanbag Love
Nov 18, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Whew! Mencheres is hot!

This was a good installment in the Night Huntress World series by Jeaniene Frost. Maybe better than Spade's book (although Spade is my #1 hunny bunny). I liked Kira more than Denise, as did many other readers, I think. She's much more capable right from the start and doesn't have a chip on her shoulder the whole way through. Part of the way, yes, but she's a very logical person and gets down to the facts she knows rather than jumping to emotion.

In any case, I loved Spade's
  • Four Dukes and a Devil (The Byrons of Braebourne #1.5)
  • Duncan (Vampires in America, #5)
  • Weddings from Hell
  • Lethal Rider (Lords of Deliverance, #3; Demonica, #8)
  • The Vampire and the Virgin (Love at Stake, #8)
  • Archangel's Kiss (Guild Hunter, #2)
  • Deeper Than Midnight (Midnight Breed, #9)
  • Pray for Dawn (Dark Days, #4)
  • Nice Girls Don't Bite Their Neighbors (Jane Jameson, #4)
  • Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night (Immortals After Dark #4)
  • Love Bites (Argeneau #2)
Jeaniene Frost is the New York Times, USA Today, and international bestselling author of the Night Huntress series, the Night Prince series, the Broken Destiny series, and the upcoming Night Rebel series. To date, foreign rights for her novels have sold to twenty different countries. Jeaniene lives in Florida with her husband Matthew, who long ago accepted that she rarely cooks and always sleeps i ...more
More about Jeaniene Frost...

Night Huntress World (2 books)
  • First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1)
“First bubble baths. Now Disney parks. You're shattering every creep vampire myth I've ever heard.” 160 likes
“Kira knew that his tounge felt like a vibrator set to the speed of Oh Hell Yeah” 133 likes